Author Topic: Unbinding Delegate Amendment Killed Without Debate  (Read 18483 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Unbinding Delegate Amendment Killed Without Debate
« Reply #150 on: July 15, 2016, 02:31:58 pm »
How many more tines must we as Conservatives do that before we say enough?

If not now...when?

I'm not saying you have to like the guy, support him, or even vote for him.  I think people should be perfectly free to do that without having their motives impugned.

I am referring only to the fact of the nomination itself.  He won it.  How people choose to respond to him being the nominee is a different question.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #151 on: July 15, 2016, 02:32:15 pm »
The fact is a fringe element has already been determined in this race....so yes it can and will be done without those opposing Trump. His support will be increasing and that's just the way it is and will be.

Good luck with turning that into actual mass votes at the ballot box then, huckleberry.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #152 on: July 15, 2016, 02:33:19 pm »
Sorry, Jiminy...  it was nice knowing you, while it lasted...

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #153 on: July 15, 2016, 02:34:46 pm »
'Bout time we accept that.

I accept nothing.  The Republican Party can go to hell.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #154 on: July 15, 2016, 02:37:33 pm »
I'm not saying you have to like the guy, support him, or even vote for him.  I think people should be perfectly free to do that without having their motives impugned.

This is exactly what I have been saying...and it does apply to both sides...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #155 on: July 15, 2016, 02:40:52 pm »
This is exactly what I have been saying...and it does apply to both sides...

Agreed. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #156 on: July 15, 2016, 02:46:32 pm »
There is so much misinformation on this thread, it would take me days to set it straight, due to finding all the clips. Some may have corrected the tweeters and others, but icant read all six pages right now.

i watched the whole thing until they were done.
then cspan showed the important parts again.
so i watched thatpart again!

People tweeting apparently have no understanding of Roberts Rules of Order.

Lee did speak on the conscience vote.
They took a yea nay vote and the nays blew it out of the water
They took a standing vote and the Lee people had 12 votes to the othersides 80+
The added amendments during that time were yeah and nay, because it wasnt rocket science to tell the vote.
Unroh's group did not leave.
when they finished around 11pm, most delegates were still there.

There was no fighting.
each spoke their peace.
Everyone was respectful
The last man to speak was asian, and although it was more personal, he was in tears and very powerful.

On person's "misinformation," is another's fantasy world. Jus sayin
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #157 on: July 15, 2016, 02:50:03 pm »
How many more tines must we as Conservatives do that before we say enough?

If not now...when?
Well, that's what the GOP(e) wants. They said they could 'deal' with trump. The voters have voted for a fellow who lies, slanders, and blusters his way to the top.

Conservatives, on the other hand, don't have a horse in the race between the major parties, because, by popular acclaim, the GOP has dumped Conservatives as anything but a sticker on the wall, not a policy to live by.

I quit giving The RNC money. I quit giving the State Party money, now I just quit associating myself with the Republican Party.

My voice and my vote have done nothing to change it from the inside, and apparently the GOP demands its liberal candidate, elected by plurality including crossover Democrats.

After (going on three) failed elections, it will again succeed in keeping primaries open so opponents can help the MSM select the candidates most likely to fail. BRILLIANT!, just Brilliant.

I have found that associating with stupid people in large numbers is very definitely a threat to one's safety, be that physical, fiscal, legal, or spiritual.

So, let them dash off. I'll hang back. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOOs8MaR1YM&feature=youtu.be
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #158 on: July 15, 2016, 02:50:32 pm »
On person's "misinformation," is another's fantasy world. Jus sayin

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #159 on: July 15, 2016, 02:55:24 pm »
Put simply, we must oppose fascism and the ignorance that enables it.   And that means we must not just withhold our votes from Donald Trump, but to actively work and vote to defeat him.   By any means necessary.

You throw around the term "fascism." Do you think FDR used fascism, in pursuit of aid to Britain in WWII, and in pursuit of preparing the US for the war?

Do you think Lincoln used fascism, in pursuit of the Civil War?

Do you think the draft is "fascism?"

Do you think Reagan used fascism, when defying the vote in Congress prohibiting aid to the Contras?

Why don't you in your own words, give us a description of fascism, and how it applies to the assertions made about Trump.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #160 on: July 15, 2016, 03:04:10 pm »

Do you think Lincoln used fascism, in pursuit of the Civil War?

My family goes back to the 1600s in Maryland. Yes, he did.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #161 on: July 15, 2016, 03:08:18 pm »
I know it's another "long shot" scenario, but voting for another candidate on the ballot, or writing in someone, which is what I intend to do #WriteInTedCruz, will take votes away from H or T, and possibly keep them from getting so many electoral votes in certain states, as to keep them from the magic number.

Regardless of what it does to the electoral votes, I just refuse to vote for either of them anyway.

I ask you:  Which "certain states'" electoral college votes do you expect your 3rd party candidate to win, and therefore deprive H or T of those electoral votes.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #162 on: July 15, 2016, 03:13:36 pm »
Poll after poll after poll after poll consistently showed Kasich as having the best shot at defeating Clinton, and Trump the worst. 

And if post mortems were done on all previous elections, similar results might be easily found. For example, in 1980 I am confident polls showed that Reagan would fare the worst, against Carter. Polls did indeed showing Carter would soundly defeat Reagan.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #163 on: July 15, 2016, 03:21:50 pm »
I can't stand Trump, and wish he wasn't the nominee.

That being said, I have a really tough time with the "morality" card being played by those who think delegates should be unbound on principle..  How about the most basic morality of respecting the people who actually cast votes in the primary?  I'm supposed to place more virtue on a single delegate voting their personal "conscience" than I am on respecting the votes of all those people that sent the delegate there?  Since when did a single delegate's personal preferences have more moral weight than that of the voters who voted for their preferred nominee?  It's not like electing a representative who is supposed to have discretion to vote on a whole myriad of key issues, and so necessarily must be "unbound".  The voters expressed a preference for only one thing in the primaries -- who should be the nominee.

Additionally, the problem with unbinding and having a brokered convention is that the opposition to Trump is still splintered.  Who is this clear, consensus nominee that would be selected if delegates were all unbound?  Romney?  Cruz?  Either one of them would make a ton of people very unhappy.

We (those who wanted someone other than Trump as the nominee) lost at the ballot box.  'Bout time we accept that.

I agree. Why should an eleventh hour vote by a single delegate, take precedents over the initial vote of the full electorate?

When you stand back and observe it is people like Kristol, Romney trying to orchestrate the thing, it ought to be obvious it is a movement by a political elite establishment group, with no regard for the original voters' expressed wills.

It has proved true, that their numbers are less than they think. They get an inflated idea of their clout, by clustering together and screaming.

They hear each other, and conclude they are greater in number. Also known as narrow but loud.

Committee. Twelve votes, not 28.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #164 on: July 15, 2016, 03:37:43 pm »
My family goes back to the 1600s in Maryland. Yes, he did.

My family goes back to the 1600s in Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, and New Jersey. They have served and shed blood in every major war from the start.

I am most interested in putting a stop to illegal immigration, sanctuary cities, and putting a stop to muslim immigration that risks terrorists coming in. Those refugees belong in muslim lands, not in ours.

The wife in San Bernardino is the example. The dead woman in San Francisco is the example.

All of the other high minded rhetoric stopped meaning anything to me, at that point. I am a national security, law & order conservative, period.

Just like Reagan, by the way. (and Nixon, too) We need the strongest national security, law and order candidate possible.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #165 on: July 15, 2016, 04:04:19 pm »
I agree. Why should an eleventh hour vote by a single delegate, take precedents over the initial vote of the full electorate?

Because "the full electorate" is often a mob, and the delegates are supposed to be a protection against same.  Same reason why the US was founded as a Republic, not a Democracy.

But the mob has prevailed and picked the worst GOP candidate I've ever seen. 

Offline Idiot

« Reply #166 on: July 15, 2016, 04:06:56 pm »
I'm still pretty convinced that he's going to defeat himself.
:beer:

Offline Idiot

« Reply #167 on: July 15, 2016, 04:10:07 pm »
We are voting for Trump by not voting for Hillary.
:mauslaff:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #168 on: July 15, 2016, 04:39:45 pm »
The fact is a fringe element has already been determined in this race....so yes it can and will be done without those opposing Trump.

So we can expect no more insults, derision, invective and threats (like treason) because we will not be supporting nor voting for your prince, because as you just said you do not need us Principled Conservatives to "win"?

If we are inconsequential and are this 'dwindling minority' who oppose Il Douche, then you have nothing to worry about and all these insipid and stupid charges that not voting for Trump is voting for Hillary are moot.

You can have your dictatorship without our involvement. 

We wash our hands of your party, your prince and those of you who wave palm fronds for your monarch.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #169 on: July 15, 2016, 04:41:28 pm »
In that case, why have delegates at all? Instead of having actual delegates, just allocate each state a weighted vote, have each Board of Elections submit their allocations to the RNC based on the primary vote, and have it counted that way, without having to tie a delegate's conscience to it? Consider it the Kim Davis solution.

Committee. Twelve votes, not 28.
And not six, either, as the Trump caucus insisted. As always, the truth was somewhere in the middle.

In any event, the vote was controlled by people who expressed admitted desire to change votes to their favor, anyway, so who knows if it was actually legit?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #170 on: July 15, 2016, 05:02:47 pm »
My family goes back to the 1600s in Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, and New Jersey. They have served and shed blood in every major war from the start.

I am most interested in putting a stop to illegal immigration, sanctuary cities, and putting a stop to muslim immigration that risks terrorists coming in. Those refugees belong in muslim lands, not in ours.

The wife in San Bernardino is the example. The dead woman in San Francisco is the example.

All of the other high minded rhetoric stopped meaning anything to me, at that point. I am a national security, law & order conservative, period.

Just like Reagan, by the way. (and Nixon, too) We need the strongest national security, law and order candidate possible.
What a shame y'all got run out of so many places...

I want a return to the concepts contained in the Declaration one of my relatives signed, and a return to the Constitution. I think there could be a lot of common ground if so many people were not ready to run roughshod over those principles to develop a banana republic for short term goals. The end results in some cases would be the same, but the foundation would be stone, not sand.

Placing your faith in one person to right the wrongs of generations seldom ends well.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #171 on: July 15, 2016, 05:05:46 pm »
In that case, why have delegates at all? Instead of having actual delegates, just allocate each state a weighted vote, have each Board of Elections submit their allocations to the RNC based on the primary vote, and have it counted that way, without having to tie a delegate's conscience to it? Consider it the Kim Davis solution.

I think having a computer generated random phone number, with the first person Constitutionally eligible who answers President, the second Vice President, etc. might produce a result equal to or better than this years' election. I am pretty well disgusted with the results.

C S Lewis

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #172 on: July 15, 2016, 05:12:33 pm »
Placing your faith in one person to right the wrongs of generations seldom ends well.

Well said Joe.

But they don't care.

They WANT a king, a dictator who will do all these magical things for them by the power of his presence and commanding insistence.  They deny it, but one only has to read all their hopes and dreams of what Trump is going to do - and the fact they see him as a dictator and monarch is easy.

If we want to go back to Constitutional principles, we will have to start at the beginning and educate a people who are ignorant of the Declaration and the intents of the Founders - and someday perhaps they will fight to have one.  The current generations are lost.  3/4 of the population want what is antithetical to a representative republic and liberty.

And you and I are their enemies.  Insults and threats today.  Actions tomorrow.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #173 on: July 15, 2016, 05:19:13 pm »
Well said Joe.

But they don't care.

They WANT a king, a dictator who will do all these magical things for them by the power of his presence and commanding insistence.  They deny it, but one only has to read all their hopes and dreams of what Trump is going to do - and the fact they see him as a dictator and monarch is easy.

If we want to go back to Constitutional principles, we will have to start at the beginning and educate a people who are ignorant of the Declaration and the intents of the Founders - and someday perhaps they will fight to have one.  The current generations are lost.  3/4 of the population want what is antithetical to a representative republic and liberty.

The populist backers of Trump look at him as the best way to extract revenge on thr left for everything the Liberals have done for a generation. They look at him as a one shot one kill panacea for everything wrong with the country.

Revenge as a motivational factor for deciding who you support for President always ends badly for those that have pinned their hopes on said candidate.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #174 on: July 15, 2016, 05:20:19 pm »
Well said Joe.

But they don't care.

Well, my friend, I come from a long line of rebels. It's a family tradition.

C S Lewis