Author Topic: Wah-Hoo!...Ted Cruz to speak at Republican National Convention after all....  (Read 13768 times)

Offline WAC

Former Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz will speak at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland, the Texas senator's office announced Thursday, after the presumptive GOP nominee Donald Trump asked him to.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/07/politics/donald-trump-meets-with-ted-cruz-reince-priebus/

Offline WAC

Trump campaign official said Trump and Cruz agreed to no longer work against each other and would work together on policy issues where they share common ground. Trump also asked Cruz to help recommend potential judicial nominees, the official said.

This is great news!!!!

"We had a positive and productive meeting this morning with Donald Trump. Donald asked me to speak at the Republican convention and I told him I'd be happy to do so," Cruz told reporters

Offline MBB1984

Very predictable.  Win-Win for both Trump and Cruz. 

Offline WAC

Very predictable.  Win-Win for both Trump and Cruz.

Yep!  I'm very happy to hear this.....and they'll be working together.....this is such good news....now there will be others to follow without a doubt....

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Trump campaign official said Trump and Cruz agreed to no longer work against each other and would work together on policy issues where they share common ground. Trump also asked Cruz to help recommend potential judicial nominees, the official said.

This is great news!!!!

"We had a positive and productive meeting this morning with Donald Trump. Donald asked me to speak at the Republican convention and I told him I'd be happy to do so," Cruz told reporters

So can we refer to him as Begging Donny now?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cowboyway

Yep!  I'm very happy to hear this.....and they'll be working together.....this is such good news....now there will be others to follow without a doubt....

Actually, I hope it's an acceptance speech after the delegate rebellion nominates Cruz as the Republican candidate.

:beer:
"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I figure that Trump will select Cruz as his running mate...they will win in November.

Then, in April...after a terribly frustrating search for the SC replacement for Scalia, VP Cruz accepts the appointment.

A GOPe replacement will be a heartbeat away.  Everybody's happy.

...I mean if you're going to dream...dream BIG! 
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 08:17:17 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline WAC

I figure that Trump will select Cruz as his running mate...they will win in November.
Then, in April...after a terribly frustrating search for the SC replacement for Scalia, VP Cruz accepts the appointment.

Oh I don't know about that.....but I'm very happy they're going to now work together and not oppose each other.....which likely also means Cruz will release his delegates eventually.....it's as some have said...A win win for them both!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Not sure how you jumped to the conclusion that they will now be working together.  Not even a gold medalist in the long jump could fly that far.

Trump it would appear went to Cruz hat in hand...with Pribus acting as mediator to ask Cruz to speak in Cleveland.

Nothing said in any release or in the video of what Cruz said after the meeting indicated in any way shape or form that anything lime what you described is going to happen.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

...I mean if you're going to dream...dream BIG!

And if you're going to dream like that...make sure you're stoned when you do.

geronl

Any kind of Trump endorsement would be the end of his career

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Actually, I hope it's an acceptance speech after the delegate rebellion nominates Cruz as the Republican candidate.

From your lips to God's ear.

Offline WAC

I'd love that too but it's just not going to happen.....and i see nothing in Cruz's camp where that's even being considered. What I do see is Cruz and Trump making amends is a powerful thing in itself.....and whatever happens here on in....We're good!

Offline RedHead

.....but I'm very happy they're going to now work together and not oppose each other.....

They're not working together yet.

Offline WAC

No it won't.......Ted Cruz does what he sees is best for this country and has his eyes always on the bigger picture.  Hillary cannot be given the Presidency.  I think we'll see Cruz's endorsement at convention....

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I'd love that too but it's just not going to happen.....and i see nothing in Cruz's camp where that's even being considered. What I do see is Cruz and Trump making amends is a powerful thing in itself.....and whatever happens here on in....We're good!

Put the bottle down and back away from the table...slowly. 

You're the craziest Trumpkin here if you think Cruz is going to forget the BS Trump pulled a couple months ago.

Offline WAC

They're not working together yet.
Sure they are or they would not be meeting as they did this morning to "work" past their differences....Cruz has clearly stated he would be working with Trump on issues they agree on...and there's many that they do.....Regardless of the primary tit for tat we know full well Trump has high regard for Cruz.....that's unmistakable to any who know about their relationship......they both want what's best for our country and that's a good thing no matter how anybody wants to spin it.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
No it won't.......Ted Cruz does what he sees is best for this country and has his eyes always on the bigger picture.  Hillary cannot be given the Presidency.  I think we'll see Cruz's endorsement at convention....

What kind of rational or logical thought process do you base this fantasy of yours on?

Offline GrouchoTex

I don't know if I would go that far.
I don't believe it would be a career stopper.
He'll probably dance around it, supporting "all" republicans to stop the democrats, etc., without specifically mentioning Trump by name.
But who knows, I've been wrong before, and reserve the right to be so again!
In a video released afterward, Cruz said "we didn't talk about endorsements", so, it sounds like he is still playing it cool.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 08:32:53 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline WAC

Put the bottle down and back away from the table...slowly. 

You're the craziest Trumpkin here if you think Cruz is going to forget the BS Trump pulled a couple months ago.

Well as is generally the case you are wrong to 'Assume" I'm a Trumpkin......I'm fully opposed to Hillary no matter who we have as a representative...and that's currently Trump. But he will not be standing alone opposing her.....Newt's out there and I suspect we'll see Cruz and others as well once the convention is underway  and the General begins.....

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Sure they are or they would not be meeting as they did this morning to "work" past their differences....Cruz has clearly stated he would be working with Trump on issues they agree on...and there's many that they do.....Regardless of the primary tit for tat we know full well Trump has high regard for Cruz.....that's unmistakable to any who know about their relationship......they both want what's best for our country and that's a good thing no matter how anybody wants to spin it.

Trump asked for the meeting not Cruz.

That means Trump is worried. 

Your wishful thinking about what this meeting means is not only based on emotions...its hysterical in its intensity and comes to a totally false conclusion. 

Have a glass of wine and calm down before you pee yourself.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Well as is generally the case you are wrong to 'Assume" I'm a Trumpkin......I'm fully opposed to Hillary no matter who we have as a representative...and that's currently Trump. But he will not be standing alone opposing her.....Newt's out there and I suspect we'll see Cruz and others as well once the convention is underway  and the General begins.....

Given your histrionics over this....you're the last one to lecture anyone about assumptions.

Offline WAC

What kind of rational or logical thought process do you base this fantasy of yours on?

You might want to consider dropping the snark remarks....I don't respond to posts that begin as the two you've posted, just so you know..So hopefully you'll rise above that "junk".

Offline WAC

Given your histrionics over this....you're the last one to lecture anyone about assumptions.

Ok...I see you're looking to get ignored...consider it done.

Offline GrouchoTex

Hey, they are both Christians, right?
Maybe they were moved to work together?
I don't know, just throwing out there.
Who am I to judge?
Who knows?
We'll see.