Author Topic: Wah-Hoo!...Ted Cruz to speak at Republican National Convention after all....  (Read 13767 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Wow, Ted has been busy...got his father bailed out on the JFK rap, evaded the cops tracking the Zodiac killer, left dozens of women crying into their pillows, and gave up the favorite son candidacy for Canadian prime minister... :silly:

Ted has forgotten more about the US Constitution than Chump will ever know or learn.

#Giant Meteor of Death 2016  --  VP - Just stab me in the eye with a habanero coated ice pick.

5 star post
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

geronl

I won't be watching the convention, not being real interested in the GOP any longer, but I think Ted Cruz will be the only comfort for conservatives among the leftward migration of the dying GOP.

Offline musiclady

As a matter of FACT it belongs to only two; Nancy and Tracy.

Of course you deliberately misinterpret what I said (it's your new way of getting along with people).....

I meant it doesn't belong to one side of the debate or the other.  The forum is open to all perspectives, both pro-Trump and anti-Trump, and people can speak freely on either side.

But, of course, you knew I wasn't saying what you implied I was saying.

It's the new "Trump" you..........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
Have you possibly considered that perhaps Trumps entering the race, and successfully getting the nomination, might be because the Washington 'Cartel" needs to be shaken by a hand that's strong enough, and has nothing to loose by doing so, with connections who will assist him in doing , in order to 'clear the field for a Cruz run in 2020?

I often think Trump may very well be the wrecking crew that's needed.......business as usual will not be happening.......and thus Cruz can go in in 2020, have four years to work with Trump rior , which he says he will do, ....then with Cruz as President the way is "open" for Cruz to do all we've hoped for?
Yes, I have considered what you suggested, but immediately dismissed it.  You want to know why?  Because I refuse to stick my head in the sand about WHO Trump is, that he's been a Democrat MOST of his life, that he's cozied up with Democrats and mainly The Clintons, most of his life, that he's funded and donated to many of these Democrats AND RINO's, and that his efforts in the majority of his dealings, have been to support and defend the very people you know full well, belong to that "Washington Cartel" you speak of.  I'm not blind.  And I'm not going to pretend to be, because Trump has a loud mouth and says the obvious things.

To think this man is what it takes to break apart the very entity that supports HIM, is insanity.   And don't even get me started on the kind of character Donald Trump has, and how that reflects on his intentions.  He is the most self serving, self absorbed, narcissist, even more so, than Obama.  Anyone with Common Sense would be able to say, no way this guy should be in a position of power, when he's used the system he wants power of, his entire life, to HELP HIMSELF.  He's the biggest LOBBYIST there is, and you want him IN CHARGE?

Are you that dense??

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Yes, I have considered what you suggested, but immediately dismissed it.  You want to know why?  Because I refuse to stick my head in the sand about WHO Trump is, that he's been a Democrat MOST of his life, that he's cozied up with Democrats and mainly The Clintons, most of his life, that he's funded and donated to many of these Democrats AND RINO's, and that his efforts in the majority of his dealings, have been to support and defend the very people you know full well, belong to that "Washington Cartel" you speak of.  I'm not blind.  And I'm not going to pretend to be, because Trump has a loud mouth and says the obvious things.

There are a large number of Trump supporters I read on various groups and sites that either passively or overtly want Trump to be a dictator, a strong-man who will be a law and rule unto himself to "clean up/shape up Washington".

Considering how many on the Left want the same for their Dear Leader, I'm afraid the concept of a Representative Constitutional Republic is lost and gone.

A dictator we shall have, because this people - from both the Trump 'right' and the Marxist Left, want it.

And make no mistake - a monarchy/dictatorship is EXACTLY what they want, or think the Executive is there for.  I cannot tell you the number of posts and tweets I've read where folks have explained when confronted with the obstacles of the separation of powers to prevent what Trump promises, that he will of necessity 'ignore and go around' Congress - because "They are the problem".

The Republic is finished in the minds of a majority of the population.  Civil wars follow and then oppressive and heinous totalitarian dictatorship and empire.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
There are a large number of Trump supporters I read on various groups and sites that either passively or overtly want Trump to be a dictator, a strong-man who will be a law and rule unto himself to "clean up/shape up Washington".

Considering how many on the Left want the same for their Dear Leader, I'm afraid the concept of a Representative Constitutional Republic is lost and gone.

A dictator we shall have, because this people - from both the Trump 'right' and the Marxist Left, want it.

And make no mistake - a monarchy/dictatorship is EXACTLY what they want, or think the Executive is there for.  I cannot tell you the number of posts and tweets I've read where folks have explained when confronted with the obstacles of the separation of powers to prevent what Trump promises, that he will of necessity 'ignore and go around' Congress - because "They are the problem".

The Republic is finished in the minds of a majority of the population.  Civil wars follow and then oppressive and heinous totalitarian dictatorship and empire.

Great points.  Not only do they want a dictator, they want one that is certifiably insane.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Stosh

Great points.  Not only do they want a dictator, they want one that is certifiably insane.

Sad that your line could be describing either presumptive nominee.... :shrug:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Sad that your line could be describing either presumptive nominee.... :shrug:

Exactly.

We have a majority of the population who have no problem living under a dictatorship, as long as it's THEIR dictator.

So…. we shall have a dictator of one sort or another.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775