Author Topic: Wah-Hoo!...Ted Cruz to speak at Republican National Convention after all....  (Read 13836 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Might it be because this one will go for your jugular......

I don't see any difference, except that maybe her hair is better.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 07:37:16 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline WAC

I don't see any difference, except that maybe her hair is better.

Well...if you can't see what's otherwise obvious as clearly there IS a difference....... then maybe it's better after all that you vote for neither.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Might it be because this one will go for your jugular......

Ummmm incase you haven't been paying attention...Trump is no better and will go for the jugular as well.

America's.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Well...if you can't see what's otherwise obvious as clearly there IS a difference....... then maybe it's better after all that you vote for neither.

Exactly.  Thank you.

I'm voting for neither.

I'm voting for Castle in November.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline R4 TrumPence

You declare ME a danger to this forum, and then proceed to subtly threaten that your prince will kill a presidential candidate if you call him???????????????

Interesting that you see Trump as an assassin, a hit man, a Mafioso.

I'm sure you will insist you were joking.  Perhaps the same kind of gleeful fantasizing your compatriots on other fora are making about killing 'traitors'.

You have given us a wonderful illustration of projection here, and validate that our concerns about your prince are more than warranted and justified.

That you Militants for Trump are far more dangerous than the commie-mobs for Hillary has just been illustrated by your own hand.

SERIOUSLY???  **nononono*
That is off the rails! Go get a cup of coffee or something and take a break.

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
SERIOUSLY???  **nononono*

Mod was on thread earlier. May have left some crumbs not swept up. Hopefully can get back on topic which was Ted Cruz, who is still a most interesting force.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
SERIOUSLY???

Gotcha. 

Taking a break from your place.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Gotcha. 

:whistle:

Somebody call a locksmith, please?   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
For many Trump supporters, this whole election is about one person, one personality.
Let me share these thoughts (from Steve Deace) that he had on his wall today:

Our culture is in systemic collapse. All the signs are there. 8888crybaby

Shooting tragedies seemingly almost daily now. Videos of dead baby parts peddled like wares, and most of us cast a jaundiced eye.  :nometalk: An economy propped up by fiat currency and bubbles. An unsustainable debt load. A rapidly declining birth rate. Most of our young adult men are single and purposefully prolonging their adolescence, rather than making their mark on the world.  :nono: A military turned into a social experimentation control group. A morally incoherent foreign policy.  :shrug: Record amounts of Americans on anti-depressants and also battling obesity. Students in third world countries have higher academic achievement in key subjects.  **nononono* Church attendance imploding. Our national sovereignty eroding.

The list goes on, but by now you get the point.

This election, as it currently stands, is incapable of producing a result that will stem this tide.  ***suicide*** In fact, I was just telling a good friend of mine yesterday we may be currently incapable as a people of electing such a person anyway. Most of what they would say to us about our own way of life would seem foreign. And we always fear what we don't understand.

There are serious people of conscience I know deeply divided about this election. Heck, I'm deeply divided about it. Constantly going back and forth in my own mind between no way we can afford X for four years,  :chairbang: and no way I can publicly defend and advocate for Y at the same time.

For clarity's sake, maybe this is the point.

Maybe providence is showing us our problems are far more systemic than one, flawed election. Maybe we needed such an election to show us the system we fight so much for and over cannot save us. Only a firm reliance on divine providence can. :bullie smokin:

Maybe we needed to see people reveal their true character, rather than risking those people betraying us when we actually had a chance later.  13859 Maybe we needed to see all that we've falsely placed our hopes stripped bare before our eyes to be reminded where our hope truly is.

So here's my big idea today.

Let's commit to praying for revival in our marriages, families, and culture every time we think about politics. Let's commit to making this prayer as much a part of our routine as we do lamenting the state of things, or considering what to do about it.  :0001: Perhaps this is something we can all agree on, even if we all can't agree on what to do in this election.

For regardless of what happens in November, this nation will perish without revival nonetheless. :patriot:

I'm going to stop and pray right after I click to publish this.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Where are Carling, A- lert? Only Trump supportdrs get banned?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
I think Trump will mostly implement some correct policies,   but not necessarily because he understands the ideological framework underpinning them.    I think he will do so because some of his instincts about the direction the country is going in,  are correct.    I also think he will listen to the thinking of some of his more astute advisers. 
I don't have ANY faith in Trump...
http://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2016/07/07/trump-seeks-reassure-republican-lawmakers-referring-part-constitution-exist/
So for those keeping count, Trump knows about Two Corinthians, that there are five extra Articles of the Constitution, and the September 11th attacks happened on 7/11.
Good luck, America.

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
I would call it an impossible situation, for which there is no "best" to be made.

And it all lies on the shoulders of Trump, and the people who cheered on his hideous lies about Cruz, forcing him out of the primary.

We had an opportunity to start to right the ship and return America to Constitutional values.

Now it's gone, and Trump is the one who took it from us.

He has not earned the vote of a single patriot.
Those are my thoughts, exactly!  :beer: If Trump had not entered the race, we would have been left with Cruz, or even Rubio....still way more conservative than Trump could dream of being.  Trump was the spoiler.  The Trojan Horse to upset the election, the Republican party and he's done more to deconstruct the Conservative movement within the R party, than any Democrat could.  :smokin: The Clinton Machine has their "mark" and his name is TRUMP.

He deserves every bit of scorn, ridicule, contempt and mockery that he gets, and then some.  He's a tool.  And that's even BEFORE he entered the race. :whistle:

Offline musiclady

Those are my thoughts, exactly!  :beer: If Trump had not entered the race, we would have been left with Cruz, or even Rubio....still way more conservative than Trump could dream of being.  Trump was the spoiler.  The Trojan Horse to upset the election, the Republican party and he's done more to deconstruct the Conservative movement within the R party, than any Democrat could.  :smokin: The Clinton Machine has their "mark" and his name is TRUMP.

He deserves every bit of scorn, ridicule, contempt and mockery that he gets, and then some.  He's a tool.  And that's even BEFORE he entered the race. :whistle:

Every word you've said is the TRUTH.

The idea that people against Trump are 'ruining' anything is ludicrous.

Donald J. Trump is responsible for the mess we are in, and those who cheered him on.  Period.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

Stop whining.

People who blatantly break the rules get banned.  It has nothing to do with who they support.

What has happened to your mind, truth_seeker??  Where has it gone???

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
I will stand by my opinion of Trump being a known unknown. Some of his supporters are bestowing upon him all manner of things that percolate from fevered imaginations and fantasies.

Don't really amount to much.

Trump is first and foremost an entertainer. Find Byron York's piece that is posted here today.
Just a question, but why vote for someone you originally say  HELL NO to? Why?  How can one sleep at night, and have a clean conscience, if you vote for someone you KNOW isn't a good choice?

WRITE IN a candidate.  I beseech ANYONE who despises the choices in front of us, to do some research and find someone you can get behind and write them in.  Or at the least, write in Mickey Freakin Mouse.  ANYONE is better than the choices we have.  And while I know that write in may not win (depending on who it is), at least you can say you didn't contribute to the downfall that is sure to come with the current liberals we have to choose from.  At least you can sit back and tell your children, your grandchildren that you were not part of that, that YOU voted for who you thought was right.

As for me and mine, we're voting for Ted Cruz.  I pray he's nominated. I pray the delegates see fit to vote their conscience and make him the nominee. But if that isn't the case, I don't give a rats ass if a write in can win, at that point.  I will NEVER EVER vote for evil. I will never ever vote for a liberal, a Democrat or a Progressive.  And I refuse to ever ever again, vote for the lesser of, or a RINO.  I will not vote for someone I KNOW without a doubt, will do damage ON PURPOSE, to this country.  And the ideas, agenda and policies that the liberals currently running (Trump and Clinton) are proposing are going to purposely DAMAGE this country because they are WRONG.  So I can sleep at night, so I can have a clean and clear conscience, so I can tell my kids I did my part and did what was RIGHT...I voted for the ONLY Constitutional Conservative I know to be TRUE to his word and to the Constitution and to Conservatism....and that is Ted Cruz. 

I just pray others think long and hard about their vote too and if they have ANY doubts about voting for Clinton OR Trump, that they reconsider where and who their vote goes.

Offline musiclady

Gotcha. 

It's our place..................... and don't you dare leave @INVAR !

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Just a question, but why vote for someone you originally say  HELL NO to? Why?  How can one sleep at night, and have a clean conscience, if you vote for someone you KNOW isn't a good choice?

Don't think you will find anywhere I have ever said HELL NO about anything. I have certainly pointed out Trump's shortcomings. Than does not change.

If Ted Cruz shows me he has a realistic shot at CINC I will vote for him. For the sake of my son, who the next CINC may well send to war, I must go with the known unknown.

I have high confidence that Hillary will pull the trigger when she shouldn't or not pull it  when she should. I have no idea what Trump will do. I am pretty sure that neither Cruz or Johnson or anyone besides those two dipwads will get the trigger.

And, I'll sleep fine, thankyouverymuch.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 10:42:46 pm by don-o »

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
Don't think you will find anywhere I have ever said HELL NO about anything. I have certainly pointed out Trump's shortcomings. Than does not change.

If Ted Cruz shows me he has a realistic shot at CINC I will vote for him. For the sake of my son, who the next CINC may well send to war, I must go with the known unknown.

I have high confidence that Hillary will pull the trigger when she shouldn't or not pull it  when she should. I have no idea what Trump will do. I am pretty that neither Cruz or Johnson or anyone besides those two dipwads will get the trigger.

And, I'll sleep fine, thankyouverymuch.
:beer:

geronl

The Leftward Migration of the GOP has left me behind.

Offline Stosh

Wow, Ted has been busy...got his father bailed out on the JFK rap, evaded the cops tracking the Zodiac killer, left dozens of women crying into their pillows, and gave up the favorite son candidacy for Canadian prime minister... :silly:

Ted has forgotten more about the US Constitution than Chump will ever know or learn.

#Giant Meteor of Death 2016  --  VP - Just stab me in the eye with a habanero coated ice pick.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Love you @DCPatriot   ^-^

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline musiclady

Wow, Ted has been busy...got his father bailed out on the JFK rap, evaded the cops tracking the Zodiac killer, left dozens of women crying into their pillows, and gave up the favorite son candidacy for Canadian prime minister... :silly:

Ted has forgotten more about the US Constitution than Chump will ever know or learn.

Ain't that the truth.  If all the Trump lies are true, that makes Ted an even more remarkable human being than any of us thought!

Oh.......... and it wouldn't be hard to forget more than Trump knows about the Constitution.

That would be NOTHING.

@Stosh

Offline WAC

Have you possibly considered that perhaps Trumps entering the race, and successfully getting the nomination, might be because the Washington 'Cartel" needs to be shaken by a hand that's strong enough, and has nothing to loose by doing so, with connections who will assist him in doing , in order to 'clear the field for a Cruz run in 2020?

I often think Trump may very well be the wrecking crew that's needed.......business as usual will not be happening.......and thus Cruz can go in in 2020, have four years to work with Trump rior , which he says he will do, ....then with Cruz as President the way is "open" for Cruz to do all we've hoped for?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
It's our place..................... and don't you dare leave @INVAR !

As a matter of FACT it belongs to only two; Nancy and Tracy.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln