Author Topic: Wah-Hoo!...Ted Cruz to speak at Republican National Convention after all....  (Read 13950 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Welcome aboard, sir!

I am NOT "aboard" anything. I am making the move I made in hopes that Trump will grow up and get serious about the serious and existential crisis before us.

I am giving him a chance get his messaging above the third grade level.

The little crack in the door can be slammed shut quickly.

Offline musiclady

Agreed.  Trump has made a habit of "Lyin' Ted", so it wouldn't matter a damn if he suddenly stopped it to get votes.

I read about people longing for Trump to change course and be serious, show that he has some basic level of intelligence.  I don't understand it.  He's had over a year to show us exactly what he is and what he lacks, so why would some fake coaching by advisors make anyone feel better about him?

I've been puzzled by people who still keep hoping he'll reveal something decent about himself and allow them to vote for him.

Where have they been, and why haven't they been listening?

The man is a pathological liar.  Only a fool would trust what he says now and think he had somehow reformed.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

No it won't.   That was a very bad strategy on the part of Trump and his supporters.   You do not make a  primary fight personal,  for if your do,  you may win the battle but lose the war.   

You just don't insult and humiliate another candidates and their supporters and expect them to rally behind you.   

But on the other hand,   I don't think Trump would have won the primary had he not followed this strategy.   

By all measure of sanity and reason,   our nominee should have been Cruz,   not some New York Liberal blowhard who recently identifies as a Republican.   

Unfortunately a lot of people swallowed his con-job because they so much wanted a fighter that they simply overlooked all of his ideological warning signs. 

Now we are in the position of having to make the best of a bad situation.

I would call it an impossible situation, for which there is no "best" to be made.

And it all lies on the shoulders of Trump, and the people who cheered on his hideous lies about Cruz, forcing him out of the primary.

We had an opportunity to start to right the ship and return America to Constitutional values.

Now it's gone, and Trump is the one who took it from us.

He has not earned the vote of a single patriot.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
July 5 brought it into focus for me. And I am  not even sure exactly why; except for the reality of HC taking the oath on Jan 20 became something akin to mushroom clouds from sea to shining sea.

I have no idea what A President Trump would do; but I know, in my bones, what a President Hillary will do.

I'm voting for the unknown.

I understand what you're doing but it isn't voting for the 'unknown.'  It's voting for a 'Known all Too Well.'

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
This had been my focus since last Summer.   It's why I don't give a hoot what comes out of Trump's mouth.

Exactly what we knew about you people. 

« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 06:50:46 pm by Mod1 »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
I understand what you're doing but it isn't voting for the 'unknown.'  It's voting for a 'Known all Too Well.'

well, I know Hillary has turned her back on Americans in extremis

I know that my Marine son will be flying jet fighters under one CINC or the other.

I do not know what Trump will do under circumstances that Clinton has already acted in. So, I have to go with the known unknown over the known known.

Offline WAC

..... I am making the move I made in hopes that Trump will grow up and get serious about the serious and existential crisis before us.
I am giving him a chance get his messaging above the third grade level. ...The little crack in the door can be slammed shut quickly.

Fair enough......and you aren't alone either....I suspect at and after Convention we might see the better side of Trump, and there is one, but I'll give him lots of room to go after Hillary as she's got plenty he can be "specific" on without going off into his rants etc....he can present these exactly as they are and drive these home to the full court of voters.

Even so he will have to walk the balance of giving his base voters the "trump" they're accustomed to hearing.....and that's not been an easy walk for any politician as they enter the general race.

Offline WAC

Then quit posting to them.....as currently you have a lot to do with them on every thread.....
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 06:51:23 pm by Mod1 »

Silver Pines

I've been puzzled by people who still keep hoping he'll reveal something decent about himself and allow them to vote for him.

Where have they been, and why haven't they been listening?

The man is a pathological liar.  Only a fool would trust what he says now and think he had somehow reformed.

Exactly.  Trump is exactly what he has revealed himself to be, over and over. 

Offline musiclady

Exactly.  Trump is exactly what he has revealed himself to be, over and over.

And yet, people continue to twist themselves in knots to try to say he's not as bad as they know he is.

It's bizarre.

geronl

I am not going to live the rest of my life knowing I supported or voted for a horrible person like Trump.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I am NOT "aboard" anything. I am making the move I made in hopes that Trump will grow up and get serious about the serious and existential crisis before us.

I am giving him a chance get his messaging above the third grade level.

The little crack in the door can be slammed shut quickly.

How can that be?

IOW....if he continues to embarrass you and make you uncomfortable, you'll go back to withholding your vote?

Wax-on.....wax-off, grasshopper.   You're not ready.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
How can that be?

IOW....if he continues to embarrass you and make you uncomfortable, you'll go back to withholding your vote?

You sure do your best to encourage those who might be reconsidering don't you?

The only thing worse than Trumps arrogance is that of the Trumpkins. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The one thing to remember in all of this is that Trump came to Cruz...not the other way around.

King Presumptive asked for the meeting and invited Cruz to speak without his previous requirement of an endorsement first.

Those in play delegates and the real threat of not getting the nomination at the Convention has him spooked.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

geronl

Those in play delegates and the real threat of not getting the nomination at the Convention has him spooked.

I think he was forced by RNC rules to offer Ted a speaking slot because Cruz did so well in the primary.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

Ready for what? Acceptance in your club or cult?

Offline DCPatriot

Not only a 'traitor' to you, but now a 'danger to the forum' and 'to myself'?

You have made those of us who will never support your prince, enemies.

I plan on living up to the charge.

To borrow a line from John Wick:

Donald Trump is NOT the Boogeyman, @INVAR   He's who you call when you want to KILL the Boogeyman!    :smokin:

« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 07:01:23 pm by Mod1 »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

That sir, is an interesting proposition.  Namely do these types of forums, provide places for people to vent beliefs and personalities, that they can't display in our normal day-to-day endeavors?

Some of the personal attacks and insults, would get a punch in the face if done in person.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 07:00:20 pm by Mod1 »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Mod1

Drop the name calling, one and all.

Cleanup done. Get back on topic or leave the thread.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 06:56:26 pm by Mod1 »

Offline DCPatriot

Ready for what? Acceptance in your club or cult?

Why are you going there?   Didn't I just explain to you that I'm choosing to keep my focus on the existential threat Hillary poses to possibly millions of Americans?

That July 5th even gave you a taste of that?

Everything else to me since last July has been white noise.   Look it up.   I don't care whose wife is hot or whose hands are bigger.

Or who's commenting on the mental fitness of a spouse.

Trump, thank God, was the last man standing.

I just said to another....Trump is not the Boogeyman.  He's the man who you call when you need to KILL the Boogeyman.

I'm part of no cult.

If Cruz had won, I'd be in the same mental place....excited for the debates and the election.  My 1st choice was Walker.

But just like at the track......some can spot a winner.

My guy just happens to be the last one standing. 

Offline musiclady

That sir, is an interesting proposition.  Namely do these types of forums, provide places for people to vent beliefs and personalities, that they can't display in our normal day-to-day endeavors?

Some of the personal attacks and insults, would get a punch in the face if done in person.

And yet you support a candidate who is the worst of the worst when it comes to insults, name-calling, and lies about other people.

It makes no sense that someone who cares about decency and honor, so valiantly supports one who wouldn't recognize integrity if it hit him in the face with a 2X4.

I'll never figure out why you support such a vile, despicable excuse for a human being.

Ever.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Donald Trump is NOT the Boogeyman, @INVAR   He's who you call when you want to KILL the Boogeyman!   

You declare ME a danger to this forum, and then proceed to subtly threaten that your prince will kill a presidential candidate if you call him???????????????

Interesting that you see Trump as an assassin, a hit man, a Mafioso.

I'm sure you will insist you were joking.  Perhaps the same kind of gleeful fantasizing your compatriots on other fora are making about killing 'traitors'.

You have given us a wonderful illustration of projection here, and validate that our concerns about your prince are more than warranted and justified.

That you Militants for Trump are far more dangerous than the commie-mobs for Hillary has just been illustrated by your own hand.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

I can't speak for others here...but I don't say anything on here I wouldn't say to anyone's face.

It's a rule of mine.

Offline WAC

I'll never figure out why you support such a vile, despicable excuse for a human being...Ever.
Might it be because this one will go for your jugular......

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
You have given us a wonderful illustration of projection here, and validate that our concerns about your prince are more than warranted and justified.

That you Militants for Trump are far more dangerous than the commie-mobs for Hillary has just been illustrated by your own hand.

I will stand by my opinion of Trump being a known unknown. Some of his supporters are bestowing upon him all manner of things that percolate from fevered imaginations and fantasies.

Don't really amount to much.

Trump is first and foremost an entertainer. Find Byron York's piece that is posted here today.