Author Topic: Court blocks Virginia delegate law!  (Read 3835 times)

Wingnut

Re: Court blocks Virginia delegate law!
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2016, 01:27:57 am »
All I know, is that the convention is one week away.

To quote Yukon Cornelius from Rudolf the Red nosed Reindeer:

" I need to get some staples. Ham hocks, Corn meal, Gun powder, and Guitar strings."

I'm adding Shiner Bock and popcorn to the list.

" I'll give you a lift. Hop aboard, mateys."

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2016, 01:30:20 am »
" I'll give you a lift. Hop aboard, mateys."

I might as well, Sometimes I feel like 2016 is the island of misfit toys.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 01:41:26 am by GrouchoTex »

Offline r9etb

« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2016, 01:31:00 am »
Further, the Court found that by signing the “Declaration and Statement of Qualification,” RNC delegates are bound by RNC Rule 16(c)(2) (p. 10), and that this Declaration obligated Correll to vote in accordance with Republican Party rules and Virginia’s election results. (p. 46)  <-- Checkmate

Nope.  Each convention gets to make its own rules.  The court can no more bind a delegate than can a state legislature.

Checkmate.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2016, 01:36:57 am »
A couple of our very own members posting on the insanity thread at TOS.  :silly:

Which one?

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2016, 01:39:16 am »
Nope.  Each convention gets to make its own rules.  The court can no more bind a delegate than can a state legislature.

Checkmate.
Court ruled 2 things that matter here. One rule 16 is in effect NOW. And 2 the Agreement delegates signed compel them to do what they agreed to in writing. So even if the RNC rules got changed which is in the Unicorn zone of probability they still are State Party Contract bound regardless per the federal court.

Now Rule 16 allows the RNC to remove delegates who act in opposition to their agreements now. And to record their votes as they were supposed to be. This could chill the 28 now as they risk being ejected by the RNC now for their actions.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Wingnut

« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2016, 01:39:46 am »

Offline r9etb

« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2016, 01:41:31 am »
Court ruled 2 things that matter here. One rule 16 is in effect NOW. And 2 the Agreement delegates signed compel them to do what they agreed to in writing. So even if the RNC rules got changed which is in the Unicorn zone of probability they still are State Party Contract bound regardless per the federal court.

Now Rule 16 allows the RNC to remove delegates who act in opposition to their agreements now. And to record their votes as they were supposed to be. This could chill the 28 now as they risk being ejected by the RNC now for their actions.

Well, I guess we'll see.  Either you're screwed (and the nation wins), or we are (and Hillary wins, and everybody loses.)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2016, 01:45:45 am »
That part I bolded appears to be illegal.

The RNC may have the authority to punish a delegate for faithlessness, but that delegate ultimately must cast the vote. The RNC recording a vote that was not actually cast would be fraud.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 01:46:16 am by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2016, 01:51:37 am »
That part I bolded appears to be illegal.

The RNC may have the authority to punish a delegate for faithlessness, but that delegate ultimately must cast the vote. The RNC recording a vote that was not actually cast would be fraud.
The Federal Court upheld the RNC rules which are in effect now. They do not allow the delegates to do what they want but they have to do what they agreed too or resign as a delegate. They are not voters, they have no authority on their own.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2016, 01:52:34 am »
The Federal Court upheld the RNC rules which are in effect now. They do not allow the delegates to do what they want but they have to do what they agreed too or resign as a delegate. They are not voters, they have no authority on their own.
Then the RNC can punish the delegate, but the delegate, under the RNC rules, must still actually cast the vote.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Fantom

« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2016, 01:56:21 am »

Hate to burst a trump fetishist fantasy..... but one cannot violate rule 16 and be ejected, until after the Delegates vote for the rules...SEE: Catch 22.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2016, 02:00:25 am »
Then the RNC can punish the delegate, but the delegate, under the RNC rules, must still actually cast the vote.
The Punishment is under Freedom of association. Means the Rule breakers do not exist as delegates, They are nullified. Think Manfort will not do that think again.