Author Topic: Court blocks Virginia delegate law!  (Read 3854 times)

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
Re: Court blocks Virginia delegate law!
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2016, 10:26:06 pm »
It's sad so many don't comprehend how the process has worked SINCE IT'S INCEPTION....and now because it doesn't favor THEIR messiah, they want to go all ballistic?

Insanity... ****sheep****

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2016, 10:31:40 pm »
It's sad so many don't comprehend how the process has worked SINCE IT'S INCEPTION....and now because it doesn't favor THEIR messiah, they want to go all ballistic?

Well, JimRob better hope that someone from the FBI visits him cause of some of those comments..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2016, 10:43:55 pm »
I’ll vote with a ballot or a bullet.

These people are saying my ballot doesn’t count.

Bad choice.

11 posted on 7/11/2016, 4:43:42 PM by MeganC (

They really need to drop the Trumpcore math.

Even if every one of them who willfully voted for trump was willing to vote with bullets you're still only talking about something less than 10% primary electorate. That is around 5% of the total general election electorate and only around 2 or 3 percent of the total population. The reality is that less than 1% of the original 10% would actually be dumb enough to try.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2016, 10:45:31 pm »

Well their messiah doesn't exactly comprehend it himself.

Silver Pines

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2016, 10:49:15 pm »
I think the Palin term would be 'splodey'
http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3448404/posts

I've seen a number of them threatening to vote for Hillary.  I thought we were supposed to be the Hillary supporters?

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2016, 10:49:41 pm »
Many are the same people who scream we are a Republic, not a Democracy, yet don't actually understand why we are a Representative Republic and not a Direct Democracy.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2016, 10:50:15 pm »
I've seen a number of them threatening to vote for Hillary.  I thought we were supposed to be the Hillary supporters?

yet they claim those who don't vote for Trump are Hillary supporters.

Silver Pines

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2016, 10:51:21 pm »

Well, JimRob better hope that someone from the FBI visits him cause of some of those comments..

I saw one of them openly advocate for assassination.   The post was removed, but another site caught it before it was gone.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2016, 11:02:31 pm »
It's interesting they chose the First Amendment tack. I would've gone with the jurisdiction approach: Virginia law can't dictate what people do in Ohio.

They went that route because the guiding precedents had already been there.  This case was pretty much a slam dunk, based on a straightforward interpretation of Democratic Party v. Wisconsin (https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/450/107/).

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2016, 11:10:49 pm »
Its a foolish unenforceable law.

You can no more jail a delegate for voting against the will of the voters than you can jail a congressman. Elected people are elected to represent, not rubber stamp.

Granted, but most of us on this side of the political fence, tend to honor commitments we make and follow the rules for the most part, so enforcement is usually NOT an issue.

*edited to add the NOT.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 11:15:53 pm by Sanguine »

Offline r9etb

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2016, 11:13:47 pm »
I think the Palin term would be 'splodey'

I am SO glad to have left that madhouse.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2016, 11:15:49 pm »
Time to rain on the Anti- people's parade.

http://thebullelephant.com/freedom-of-association-continues-to-trump-vas-criminal-laws/

The ruling only applies to him and hes still bound by his stipulation, the National and the State Parties' Rules. Only thing he won was the State could not sue him. But hes wide open to suits and enforcement from the National and State parties as well as the voters of his State. 

Part of the stipulations filed for the preliminary injunction hearing include the following:

:nothappen: :happyhappy:

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2016, 11:24:35 pm »
Actually, what is insanity, is that for all their bravado about how popular Trump is, and how they keep claiming he has this majority, you'd think they wouldn't have any worries at all about whether the delegates are free to vote their conscience.

By their arguments, everywhere, on every board, Trumps the one that the people want, so he should get all the delegates votes.  What's the worry?
 :silly:

Wingnut

« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2016, 11:24:38 pm »

http://thebullelephant.com/freedom-of-association-continues-to-trump-vas-criminal-laws/

The ruling only applies to him and hes still bound by his stipulation, the National and the State Parties' Rules. Only thing he won was the State could not sue him. But hes wide open to suits and enforcement from the National and State parties as well as the voters of his State. 

Part of the stipulations filed for the preliminary injunction hearing include the following:

Got your Pyrite King talking points. Go forth Mecihonies, spread the word!    You rock!

Offline flowers

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2016, 11:26:30 pm »

:nothappen: :happyhappy:

Oh my.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2016, 11:42:16 pm »
@sinkspur

Oh, my God, this is a wonderful bomb blowing up and sending American flags into the stratosphere.  This is affirming soul independence. 

If Trump responds to this, he will want to put that judge in ropes for being against him, unfair to him - notice I said "him" "him".  He cares not for rational thinking or our
God given rights to determine our future, he will only see this as hurting "him".
HS
Thank you for posting this.  In Trump terms, this is GREAT, JUST GREAT, MORE THAN GREAT, SUPER GREAT.

Silver Pines

« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2016, 11:50:18 pm »
Actually, what is insanity, is that for all their bravado about how popular Trump is, and how they keep claiming he has this majority, you'd think they wouldn't have any worries at all about whether the delegates are free to vote their conscience.

By their arguments, everywhere, on every board, Trumps the one that the people want, so he should get all the delegates votes.  What's the worry?
 :silly:

@Victoria33

Whether or not Trump is the nominee (I think he will be) isn't ultimately the point, and his supporters are missing it.

The fact that so many people are so vehemently opposed to him is a statement of how reviled the man is.  And the polls confirm it.

There's just no way the man can win in November.  If he comes away from the convention with the nomination, his fans' celebrations will be brief.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2016, 12:01:29 am »
Actually this is bad for #neverTrumps.

Let me spell it out for you.

The only thing the Judge did was strike the State law. He Affirmed the National Rules that bind the delegates to vote as their State primary directed them too.

Specifically, the Court found that RNC Rule 16, which binds delegates based on their election results, “is in effect presently and that it controls the allocation and binding of delegates as to their voting at convention.” (p. 6) The Court held that the Plaintiff’s “expert testimony” from Erling ‘Curly’ Haugland was not credible, lacked “textual support,” (p.6) and that “delegates are bound by RNC Rule 16.” (p. 7)

Further, the Court found that by signing the “Declaration and Statement of Qualification,” RNC delegates are bound by RNC Rule 16(c)(2) (p. 10), and that this Declaration obligated Correll to vote in accordance with Republican Party rules and Virginia’s election results. (p. 46)

So still bound, RNC Rules control and...   by striking the State Law, it removed the authorization for the State to pay delegates' costs for them to be there...

:laughingdog:
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2016, 12:06:23 am »

The only thing the Judge did was strike the State law. He Affirmed the National Rules that bind the delegates to vote as their State primary directed them too.

So still bound, RNC Rules control and...   by striking the State Law, it removed the authorization for the State to pay delegates' costs for them to be there...

I know that's the Trump campaign's take, but the fact is, these Virginia delegates (as all delegates) are free to vote for whomever they wish.  There is no "law" governing how these delegates vote.  Will they be shunned as delegates in the future?  Only if they don't succeed.

If they succeed and dethrone Trump, they'll be viewed as heroes by the GOP and nobody would dare touch them.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2016, 12:18:26 am »

But the RNC rules are not legally binding.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2016, 12:23:02 am »
I know that's the Trump campaign's take, but the fact is, these Virginia delegates (as all delegates) are free to vote for whomever they wish.  There is no "law" governing how these delegates vote.  Will they be shunned as delegates in the future?  Only if they don't succeed.

If they succeed and dethrone Trump, they'll be viewed as heroes by the GOP and nobody would dare touch them.
No the Virgina Delegates cannot vote for whoever they want. The Court found they were required to follow the RNC rules.
And Found the Plaintiff's expert not credible. The only thing won by the Virgina Delegates was the right to pay all their own costs since the State law authorizing it was just struck.

Specifically, the Court found that RNC Rule 16, which binds delegates based on their election results, “is in effect presently and that it controls the allocation and binding of delegates as to their voting at convention.” (p. 6) The Court held that the Plaintiff’s “expert testimony” from Erling ‘Curly’ Haugland was not credible, lacked “textual support,” (p.6) and that “delegates are bound by RNC Rule 16.” (p. 7)

Further, the Court found that by signing the “Declaration and Statement of Qualification,” RNC delegates are bound by RNC Rule 16(c)(2) (p. 10), and that this Declaration obligated Correll to vote in accordance with Republican Party rules and Virginia’s election results. (p. 46)

Great Job there.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2016, 12:31:52 am »
No the Virgina Delegates cannot vote for whoever they want. The Court found they were required to follow the RNC rules.
And Found the Plaintiff's expert not credible. The only thing won by the Virgina Delegates was the right to pay all their own costs since the State law authorizing it was just struck.

Great Job there.

Read the foolishness you just wrote.  Read it again and again.

The court found they were required to follow the RNC rules. 

The "Court" did no such thing because the "Court" has no jurisdiction over the Republican Party.  If Priebus wants to cajole and threaten, he can do so, but he'll be laughed at.

All bets are off, bub.  I can see why you're nervous.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2016, 12:59:18 am »
Read the foolishness you just wrote.  Read it again and again.

The court found they were required to follow the RNC rules. 

The "Court" did no such thing because the "Court" has no jurisdiction over the Republican Party.  If Priebus wants to cajole and threaten, he can do so, but he'll be laughed at.

All bets are off, bub.  I can see why you're nervous.

Further, the Court found that by signing the “Declaration and Statement of Qualification,” RNC delegates are bound by RNC Rule 16(c)(2) (p. 10), and that this Declaration obligated Correll to vote in accordance with Republican Party rules and Virginia’s election results. (p. 46)  <-- Checkmate

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2016, 01:22:49 am »
All I know, is that the convention is one week away.

To quote Yukon Cornelius from Rudolf the Red nosed Reindeer:

" I need to get some staples. Ham hocks, Corn meal, Gun powder, and Guitar strings."

I'm adding Shiner Bock and popcorn to the list.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2016, 01:27:26 am »
So we're going to jail delegates for not voting Trump?

This convention should be a helluva mess. Never Trumps vs. Trumpsters vs. BLM/libs vs. the media. I imagine something akin to Beirut 40 years ago.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 01:29:19 am by Weird Tolkienish Figure »