Author Topic: REMINDER: Majority of Republicans don't support Trump  (Read 3478 times)

Offline WAC

Re: REMINDER: Majority of Republicans don't support Trump
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2016, 02:47:18 pm »
.....the mass body of independents and non-primary voters would be more willing to vote for someone else in the GOP than they would Donald Trump. In every apples-to-apples comparison, other candidates polled better against Clinton than Trump did.

The problem with that position is there isn't "someone else in the Gop"  who are standing up to do so that have the popularity to win. any more than Trump does...... throwing Romney's name around hasn't done a thing, and he has said he won't run.  And frankly I'd still vote Trump over Romney without hesitation.

As for polls of any kind they are all twisted to sway to one political position or another......and untrustworthy..... Voters are fickle creatures ..... who tend to be easily swayed to be in whatever 'winners" court seems to be ahead. Pollsters know this.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2016, 02:50:58 pm »
I've only encountered 1 of them and the owner of the party store where I encountered him said she was ready to call police if his behavior had gotten any worse. Before I got there he had been ranting about that "F'n Mexican writing" on products in the store. When I came in he was bitching about the "Mexicans" in the presidential race (Cruz and Rubio). On his way out he grabbed the stack of Cruz fliers the owner had on the counter and dumped them in the trash. He was half ass drunk at 10 AM.

They are a sick lot.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2016, 03:05:06 pm »
They are a sick lot.

You mean like these hoodlums?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2016, 03:09:10 pm »
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2016, 03:30:32 pm »
They have told us (the majority of Republican voters) that they don't NEED us.

They have bullied, badgered and belittled us incessantly since their hero became the "presumptive nominee."

There has been no effort to persuade, only to accuse through deceit (i.e. that we support Hillary).

I am less inclined to support Trump now than I was in May when he and his band of un-thinking followers successfully removed all the qualified, conservative candidates we had to choose from. 

There is no way in hades I will support Donald Trump.

My sentiments exactly. There is plenty of evidence right here on TBR that they don't think they need us, so they go on belittling us. And now it appears inviting others to come over from TOS to join them in their fun.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2016, 04:33:15 pm »
You cherrypicked one poll.

Now take a look at all of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationwide_opinion_polling_for_the_United_States_presidential_election,_2016

Go back to March and April when multiple candidates were being included in the polling, and compare.

Apples to apples—with conditions being the same for all the candidates in regard to the initial conditions—Trump consistently performed the worst of the three remaining candidates at the time. Against Hillary Clinton, here's what each candidate got in each poll:

NBC/WSJ, April 10-14: Trump 39, Cruz 44, Kasich 51
Fox News, April 10-13: Trump 41, Cruz 44, Kasich 49
CBS News, April 8-12: Trump 40, Cruz 42, Kasich 47
Investors Business Daily, March 28-April 12: Trump 35, Cruz 39, Kasich 45
Marist, March 29-31: Trump 41, Cruz 47, Kasich 51
Public Policy Polling, March 24-26: Trump 41, Cruz 42, Kasich 45
Bloomberg, March 19-22: Trump 36, Cruz 42, Kasich 47
Quinnipiac, March 16-21: Trump 40, Cruz 42, Kasich 47
New York Times, March 17-20: Trump 40, Cruz 44, Kasich 47
CNN, March 17-20: Trump 41, Cruz 48, Kasich 51
Monmouth, March 17-20: Trump 38, Cruz 40, Kasich 45

Even controlling for any persistent bias, compared to Cruz and Kasich, Trump consistently performs the worst of the three candidates in all of the general election polls, not just one—something that has remained stubborn over time.

This, Mechanicos, is what they call the "scientific method."
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2016, 04:44:48 pm »
You cherrypicked one poll.

You still do not get you have shown an inability to discern reality. More then once you have cited to "polls" created by public relations firms. Those are not even a poll when its made by a public relations firm. They have one purpose and one purpose only, to manipulate lemmings. This happens for most of them out now.

They consider people who trust them as gullible. 
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline musiclady

« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2016, 05:15:56 pm »
My sentiments exactly. There is plenty of evidence right here on TBR that they don't think they need us, so they go on belittling us. And now it appears inviting others to come over from TOS to join them in their fun.

They certainly are.  But they're free to invite as many TOS bullies as they want to.  It still doesn't make them right.

Wrong never becomes right just because there are more people screaming about it.

Donald Trump will always be a corrupt Progressive.  He will always be a degenerate.  He will always be unprincipled, and anti-Constitutional.

Nothing they say will ever change the FACTS. 

Donald Trump is a bad apple, and bullying will never force principled people to vote for evil.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 05:16:57 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2016, 05:46:11 pm »
You still do not get you have shown an inability to discern reality. More then once you have cited to "polls" created by public relations firms. Those are not even a poll when its made by a public relations firm. They have one purpose and one purpose only, to manipulate lemmings. This happens for most of them out now.

They consider people who trust them as gullible.
Dude, you're just making crap up at this point. Is every single poll a fabrication of public relations firms? All of them? Seriously?

If so, why is each so consistent in their conclusions, despite being from competing firms?

Are we to believe everyone is together in some big conspiracy? Besides, if there is such a conspiracy, then surely they control the actual polls as well—and the net effect is a wash.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2016, 06:34:47 pm »
Dude, you're just making crap up at this point. Is every single poll a fabrication of public relations firms? All of them? Seriously?

If so, why is each so consistent in their conclusions, despite being from competing firms?

Are we to believe everyone is together in some big conspiracy? Besides, if there is such a conspiracy, then surely they control the actual polls as well—and the net effect is a wash.
The ones that validate your bias yes. They are not legit. They are playing you. You want to believe and they get paid to give you what you want regardless of reality. And so far you were completely unaware you were being played by slime balls.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2016, 06:47:14 pm »
The ones that validate your bias yes. They are not legit. They are playing you. You want to believe and they get paid to give you what you want regardless of reality. And so far you were completely unaware you were being played by slime balls.
Backatcha.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2016, 06:50:04 pm »
That's not true. I've explained it to you already: the mass body of independents and non-primary voters would be more willing to vote for someone else in the GOP than they would Donald Trump. In every apples-to-apples comparison, other candidates polled better against Clinton than Trump did.

When you have a substantial percentage of people who would vote for a Giant Meteor hitting the earth before they would vote for Hillary OR Trump, there is no downside to getting rid of Trump at the Convention.

Personally, I would vote for A.E.  Anyone else.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2016, 06:55:40 pm »
Trumpers are still living with the fantasy that they're some kind of vast majority when the reality is that the Trump primary votes only amount to something less than 10% of the total electorate (Before removing the democrat chaos voters) Then there's the fact that Trump got under 50% of total primary votes anyway. Even after Indiana Trump was struggling to break 50% in some states and that as with him being the only one in the race. It still appears that the majority would prefer someone else.

When we're looking at a sure fire double digit loss with Trump its not really much of a risk to swap him out with someone else. We can certainly afford to use the few percent of True Believer Trumpers and even the race if we save conservatism in the end.

The trumpers protect their faith in the same way many cults do.  They relish the people against them and ignore  contrary opinions by drawing together in little covens and reassuring each other that they are the only  true believers.

I pray that there are people with enough sense to dump Trump at the convention.  We're not hearing much about that so I can only hope that they are holding their cards close to their chests.

Trump would go down in flames and leave the Republican Party in embers.  He's not a Republican; he's not a Conservative.  He's just Trump.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

geronl

« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2016, 07:13:38 pm »
If he gets control of immigration and gives us Supreme Court justices from his list and that ilk, he will be light years in front of clinton.

Touchback amnesty and far-left judges is what he would give us.

geronl

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2016, 07:14:59 pm »

Kerry recently spoke to a group of college graduates telling them....."You are about to enter a 'NO BORDERS WORLD"......    

Trump was advocating the same thing less than 3 years ago.

geronl

« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2016, 07:18:53 pm »
The problem with that position is there isn't "someone else in the Gop"  who are standing up to do so that have the popularity to win. any more than Trump does....

So why choose the worst of the lot then. Trump has the least chance of winning of them all, and even if he was a show-in he is still completely unacceptable from a moral or a conservative viewpoint.

HonestJohn

« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2016, 07:41:50 pm »
Trumpers are political rioters little different than the rioters who burned Ferguson and Baltimore. They want to burn it all down with no plan for the future aside from somebody fixing it for them.

Yep.

goopo

Offline OldSaltUSN

« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2016, 07:43:10 pm »
They certainly are.  But they're free to invite as many TOS bullies as they want to.  It still doesn't make them right.

Wrong never becomes right just because there are more people screaming about it.

Donald Trump will always be a corrupt Progressive.  He will always be a degenerate.  He will always be unprincipled, and anti-Constitutional.

Nothing they say will ever change the FACTS. 

Donald Trump is a bad apple, and bullying will never force principled people to vote for evil.

No, but in pure Alinsky, Satanic style, they CAN silence you by "shouting you down", which on a forum like TBR (or TOS), means dominating all conversations and posts, demanding you reply to their half-truth's, lies, and skewed polls, and then ignoring your response or attacking you personally in response to the challenge, and then flitering along to another thread to do the same.  The sheer NUMBER of posts of a few of these folks, is multiple times higher than any other single poster.

Yet, they are considered on TBR to be just another conservative with different viewpoints, acting in good faith.   All's fair ....

Offline OldSaltUSN

« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2016, 07:46:46 pm »

:huh?:

With apologies in advance, I maintain you've missed a few of his other posts, 25 or so at at time, on other threads.  However, he intentions are good ....
/sarc

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2016, 07:55:18 pm »
Well, golly, if I'd've known I had that much power to have public opinion polls bent to my will, I'd better call them and have some changes made here!

Offline bilo

« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2016, 08:03:15 pm »
Ed Rollins made a very good point the other day on Fox News. In his analysis Trump will win all the states that Romney won and the election will come down to the typical swing states. I think he's probably right. I know Trump supporters are figuring Trump will win most of those swing states. I believe the opposite will occur. As bad a candidate as hillary is I think she wins those swing states. We will see in 4 months.

Newt Gingrich believes Trump will blow out hillary. His view is that she has a ceiling of about 42% comprised of Rat fanatics and people who are dependent on govt.

I, as well as many others, am in an impossible position. The Pubs will nominate a candidate of low character. The Rats will nominate a candidate of low character. No matter who wins the country will be led by someone with low character. I'll probably vote for the Constitution Party candidate, but I won't vote for someone of low character.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline musiclady

« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2016, 08:32:17 pm »
Ed Rollins made a very good point the other day on Fox News. In his analysis Trump will win all the states that Romney won and the election will come down to the typical swing states. I think he's probably right. I know Trump supporters are figuring Trump will win most of those swing states. I believe the opposite will occur. As bad a candidate as hillary is I think she wins those swing states. We will see in 4 months.

Newt Gingrich believes Trump will blow out hillary. His view is that she has a ceiling of about 42% comprised of Rat fanatics and people who are dependent on govt.

I, as well as many others, am in an impossible position. The Pubs will nominate a candidate of low character. The Rats will nominate a candidate of low character. No matter who wins the country will be led by someone with low character. I'll probably vote for the Constitution Party candidate, but I won't vote for someone of low character.

I don't think there's a chance that Trump will win my state of Ohio.  Conservatives coalesced behind Kasich because he had the best chance to beat Trump (even those of us who supported Cruz), and we didn't want Ohio to go for Trump.

Without the support of the ORP, Trump doesn't stand a chance.

I, for one, made 1,000 phone calls for Mitt Romney, even though I didn't think he was a great candidate, and definitely not as conservative as he needed to be.   But Trump is a completely different animal, and I, like you, will not ever vote for someone who is completely devoid of character.

Not ever.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 09:00:47 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2016, 08:38:03 pm »
I don't think there's a chance that Trump will win my state of Ohio.  Conservatives coalesced behind Kasich because he had the best chance to beat Trump (even those of us who supported Cruz), and we didn't want Ohio to go for Trump.

Without the support of the ORP, Trump doesn't stand a chance.

I, for one, made 1,000,000 phone calls for Mitt Romney, even though I didn't think he was a great candidate, and definitely not as conservative as he needed to be.   But Trump is a completely different animal, and I, like you, will not ever vote for someone who is completely devoid of character.

Not ever.

Isn't Ed Establishment Rollins working for Trump now or running a Trump superpac? That would tilt his opinions heavily in favor of Trump but not necessarily in favor of reality.

Personally I see all the swing states going blue along with at least 2 traditional red states.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2016, 08:43:25 pm »
When you have a substantial percentage of people who would vote for a Giant Meteor hitting the earth before they would vote for Hillary OR Trump, there is no downside to getting rid of Trump at the Convention.

Personally, I would vote for A.E.  Anyone else.

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :patriot:
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

geronl

« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2016, 09:19:48 pm »
Isn't Ed Establishment Rollins working for Trump now or running a Trump superpac? That would tilt his opinions heavily in favor of Trump but not necessarily in favor of reality.

Personally I see all the swing states going blue along with at least 2 traditional red states.

How did 1,000 become 1,000,000 in the very next post, lol...