Author Topic: REMINDER: Majority of Republicans don't support Trump  (Read 3480 times)

geronl

REMINDER: Majority of Republicans don't support Trump
« on: July 04, 2016, 03:26:21 am »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/donald-trump-republicans-polls-224853

6-27-2016

Less than half — 45 percent — of Republican voters say they are satisfied with Donald Trump as their party's presidential nominee, according to the latest results from an NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll released Monday.

Another 52 percent said they would have preferred someone else as the GOP standard bearer, while the levels of satisfaction are reversed among Democratic voters, 52 percent of which said they are satisfied with Hillary Clinton as their party's nominee in November

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/donald-trump-republicans-polls-224853#ixzz4DPHsGnxs
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

Offline Mechanicos

Re: REMINDER: Majority of Republicans don't support Trump
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 03:29:37 am »
 :bsflag:

Majority are against the Establishment stealing the Nomination. I posted the links earlier. From very recent.

More Liberal BS.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/03/09/with-nbcwsj-its-not-polling-its-gaslighting-media-manipulation-the-latest-version/

« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 03:37:14 am by Mechanicos »
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 06:57:46 am »
REMINDER: Majority of Republicans don't support Trump

Trump supporters don't care.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 07:26:22 am »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/donald-trump-republicans-polls-224853

6-27-2016
Keep in mind that these folks so badly want to tear the GOPe a new one, that (according to a small sample poll I saw somewhere) five out of six will vote to keep their current Congressional representation.  :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DB

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 08:59:08 am »

Trump supporters must want Hillary because with the majority of REPUBLICANS not wanting Trump he's going to lose in a landslide if they continue down this path (just doing what they do to us). And Trump's negatives are only going to increase as election day gets nearer where the MSM hasn't really started taking their shots yet. The only reason it isn't a complete wipe out now is because Hillary also has high negatives but not as high as Trump's.

I'd give it about 50% that Hillary makes it to the general election and if the Dems select somebody else like Biden it will be a landslide of epic proportions even though Biden is a moron.

Virtually all either party needs to do to win 2016 in a landslide is pick someone else... Who will have the courage to do it? The FBI may make it easy for the Dems...

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2016, 10:25:05 am »
A lot of democrats did.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2016, 10:40:57 am »
Keep in mind that these folks so badly want to tear the GOPe a new one, that (according to a small sample poll I saw somewhere) five out of six will vote to keep their current Congressional representation.  :shrug:

Trumpers are political rioters little different than the rioters who burned Ferguson and Baltimore. They want to burn it all down with no plan for the future aside from somebody fixing it for them.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2016, 11:04:15 am »
Trumpers are political rioters little different than the rioters who burned Ferguson and Baltimore. They want to burn it all down with no plan for the future aside from somebody fixing it for them.
Since Anti-Trumps have never been able to articulate how the end game of the Dump Trump effort at the convention will not result in the destruction of the GOP and Hillary winning the presidency; it appears the statements above are classic projection.

"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2016, 11:12:54 am »
Since Anti-Trumps have never been able to articulate how the end game of the Dump Trump effort at the convention will not result in the destruction of the GOP and Hillary winning the presidency; it appears the statements above are classic projection.
But we have been able to articulate how a Trump candidacy will result in the destruction of the GOP and Hillary winning the presidency. I guess the ball is in y'all' s court.

Maybe... Just maybe all those people who insist the #nevertrump people are petulant and care less about the country than "hating" trump would vote for someone closer to a Constitutional Conservative in the General and unite the GOP and sweep to Conservative victory and the restoration of the Republic.

Okay, I don't believe in skittles-bearing unicorn contrails, either, but I thought I'd throw that out there.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 11:13:57 am by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2016, 11:49:42 am »
But we have been able to articulate how a Trump candidacy will result in the destruction of the GOP and Hillary winning the presidency. I guess the ball is in y'all' s court.

Maybe... Just maybe all those people who insist the #nevertrump people are petulant and care less about the country than "hating" trump would vote for someone closer to a Constitutional Conservative in the General and unite the GOP and sweep to Conservative victory and the restoration of the Republic.

Okay, I don't believe in skittles-bearing unicorn contrails, either, but I thought I'd throw that out there.
A fantasy prediction made by people with a 100 percent unblemished record of making wrong predictions.
Real world, there are only 2 viable choices in November.  One is a proven Marxist destroyer of America. The other is a man who loves America.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2016, 11:59:51 am »
A fantasy prediction made by people with a 100 percent unblemished record of making wrong predictions.
Real world, there are only 2 viable choices in November.  One is a proven Marxist destroyer of America. The other is a man who loves America.
Well, like I said, I don't believe in skittles-bearing unicorn contrails either...

C S Lewis

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2016, 12:29:28 pm »
The other is a man who loves America.
Well if THATS his only qualification....Hey, didn't he love his first two wives too?  If only I could remember what happened there....oh yeah...he utterly betrayed their trust and the trust of his children (who he allegedly also loved).

By their fruits ye shall know them
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 12:31:30 pm by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2016, 12:40:54 pm »
That's not true. I've explained it to you already: the mass body of independents and non-primary voters would be more willing to vote for someone else in the GOP than they would Donald Trump. In every apples-to-apples comparison, other candidates polled better against Clinton than Trump did.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2016, 12:41:41 pm »

Trumpers are still living with the fantasy that they're some kind of vast majority when the reality is that the Trump primary votes only amount to something less than 10% of the total electorate (Before removing the democrat chaos voters) Then there's the fact that Trump got under 50% of total primary votes anyway. Even after Indiana Trump was struggling to break 50% in some states and that as with him being the only one in the race. It still appears that the majority would prefer someone else.

When we're looking at a sure fire double digit loss with Trump its not really much of a risk to swap him out with someone else. We can certainly afford to use the few percent of True Believer Trumpers and even the race if we save conservatism in the end.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2016, 12:56:22 pm »

They have told us (the majority of Republican voters) that they don't NEED us.

They have bullied, badgered and belittled us incessantly since their hero became the "presumptive nominee."

There has been no effort to persuade, only to accuse through deceit (i.e. that we support Hillary).

I am less inclined to support Trump now than I was in May when he and his band of un-thinking followers successfully removed all the qualified, conservative candidates we had to choose from. 

There is no way in hades I will support Donald Trump.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2016, 12:58:24 pm »
A lot of democrats did.

Thus, the key to his "victory."

Cross-over Dem voters who wanted to insure a Hillary victory by voting for a sure loser, Donald Trump.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2016, 01:10:04 pm »
Thus, the key to his "victory."

Cross-over Dem voters who wanted to insure a Hillary victory by voting for a sure loser, Donald Trump.

We saw them on the news here in Michigan on the news openly laughing that they voted for Trump because he would be easiest to beat.

On the other hand I was very pleased with the strong 2nd place finish of Ted Cruz here. I figured a 3rd place was optimistic and a 4th place finish likely but he pulled out a 2nd place finish and got 1 less delegate than St Tangelo.

Offline hiram1950

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2016, 01:22:53 pm »
My son is a career military man who told me on numerous occasions during the primaries/cauci season that he was a never-Trumpster. He insisted he still was when Trump secured enough delegates to preclude multiple ballots in Cleveland.

He was visiting a couple of weeks ago. He told me he realizes when a lifelong Republican is a never-Trumpster and plans to act on that attitude, he becomes quintessential pro-clinton.

I think he is still "Never Trump." I guarantee he is "Never Never clinton."

Trump is a gift to the Republican Party presented by the likes of Boehner, McConnell, Ryan, Jeb and Romney. It says right here he will disappoint many or all of his conservative supporters, including yours truly. If he gets control of immigration and gives us Supreme Court justices from his list and that ilk, he will be light years in front of clinton.   

Online roamer_1

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2016, 01:26:25 pm »
If he gets control of immigration and gives us Supreme Court justices from his list and that ilk, he will be light years in front of clinton.

Wish in one hand...

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2016, 01:50:30 pm »
We saw them on the news here in Michigan on the news openly laughing that they voted for Trump because he would be easiest to beat.

On the other hand I was very pleased with the strong 2nd place finish of Ted Cruz here. I figured a 3rd place was optimistic and a 4th place finish likely but he pulled out a 2nd place finish and got 1 less delegate than St Tangelo.

Trump won the nomination by following a Democrat model of focusing his ridicule on various groups and tapping into the bigots who felt they have been robbed by these groups (primarily foreigners, African-Americans, and Jews). His supporters are by in large angry and bigoted losers in life searching for people to blame for their own life's failures.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2016, 01:51:30 pm »
That's not true. I've explained it to you already: the mass body of independents and non-primary voters would be more willing to vote for someone else in the GOP than they would Donald Trump. In every apples-to-apples comparison, other candidates polled better against Clinton than Trump did.
You have told your fantasy that has no relation to reality, yes. And with the record of predictions the antis have you guys do not even believe yourselves. 

And you buy that NBC/WSJ is a poll. Its not its Marketing. Its Gas lighting for gullible people.

What you’ll see is: “Hart Research Associates / Public Opinion Strategies” these are not political polling firms.  These are public relations firms.  You can go here: http://pos.org/ to see the origin of the data, and you can go here: http://pos.org/clients/campaigns/  to see the clients they service.

From Their “About Us” Page – About half of our research is dedicated to winning elections. Our political client base includes thirteen U.S. Senators, six Governors, over sixty-five Members of Congress, and numerous state legislative caucuses. The other half of our work is involved in complex public policy battles, working with industry coalitions, government entities and private companies.

What you will discover is their clients are entrenched DC Politicians who have a specific and vested interest in the outcome of the election.  Public Opinion Strategies is the outfit that runs their political campaigns and political messaging.

These are not media polls done to capture the mood of the electorate.  These are tightly controlled scripts designed to sell a very specific reference.   This is the professional political class controlling the information being fed into the media machine.

And the article in this thread is playing you for a fool by this non-poll.  Tell me again about those polls...  :facepalm2:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2016, 01:53:54 pm »
Wish in one hand...

Hope and Change redux....

Ain't gonna happen, and I think they ALL know it.

Offline WAC

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2016, 02:27:54 pm »
..... It says right here he will disappoint many or all of his conservative supporters, including yours truly. If he gets control of immigration and gives us Supreme Court justices from his list and that ilk, he will be light years in front of clinton.

Yes. ..and that's just the it of it.... Our 'National Security' and  our 'Supreme Judges' who rely on the Constitution ....are two of the most significant touchstones in regards to this election, because if those are rightly in place then the natural affect is the trajectory of  this ship will TURN. ....

By the same token if Hillary's elected she will 'warp speed' everything Obama has started and done and a whole lot more because she said she will do more...........it'll be a 'open borders' with a flood of 3rd world immigrants.... amnesty for all here now,  disarming the people, and Judges who will trumpet the liberal progressive march into the arms of the Global Government.

Kerry recently spoke to a group of college graduates telling them....."You are about to enter a 'NO BORDERS WORLD"......    
Hillary and Bill have set the stage world wide already and Obama the stage here in the states........if she wins this election it will not be just as President....but to integrate this country and it's citizens fully into Globalist Elites control...and it will happen fast.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2016, 02:33:33 pm »
Trump won the nomination by following a Democrat model of focusing his ridicule on various groups and tapping into the bigots who felt they have been robbed by these groups (primarily foreigners, African-Americans, and Jews). His supporters are by in large angry and bigoted losers in life searching for people to blame for their own life's failures.

I've only encountered 1 of them and the owner of the party store where I encountered him said she was ready to call police if his behavior had gotten any worse. Before I got there he had been ranting about that "F'n Mexican writing" on products in the store. When I came in he was bitching about the "Mexicans" in the presidential race (Cruz and Rubio). On his way out he grabbed the stack of Cruz fliers the owner had on the counter and dumped them in the trash. He was half ass drunk at 10 AM.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2016, 02:36:06 pm »
The destruction of the GOP started from within long ago, way before Trump, thanks to the likes of McConnell and Boehner.  Trump is just the proverbial icing on the shit cake.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy