Author Topic: Trump/Hillary/Johnson: Which Current 2016 Candidate Would Be The Most Pro-Life President?  (Read 1048 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: RED STATE

URL: http://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2016/07/01/which-candidate-most-pro-life/

by: Brandon Morse

Pro-life voters aren't going to have much luck when it comes to the 2016 crop of candidates competing for the highest office in the land. Abortion is a very important issue to those on the right, and for good reason. It's morally repugnant, it's rife with corruption, and it's an empire of death - child death mind you - built by massive use of our taxpayer dollars.

And yet both Republican and Democrat candidates in this year's election season seem to believe those taxpayer dollars are just fine going where they are, namely the abortion Goliath known as Planned Parenthood.

Hillary Clinton has been an unapologetic, and enthusiastic supporter of Planned Parenthood. Her campaign has donated some $4,800 to the organization, and has received $20,000 from Planned Parenthood's staff in return. Clinton is an open admirer of Margret Sanger, and has even been awarded the Planned Parenthood Margaret Sanger award for her pro-abortion efforts.

You'll recall Margret Sanger was a eugenicist who started a "negro project," whereby she tried to get the black population onboard with offing their babies. We can likely say it was something of a success, as 78% Planned Parenthood locations are located conveniently in black neighborhoods.

"I will always stand with Planned Parenthood," said Clinton very recently, at a Planned Parenthood location. "It should be funded, supported and appreciated – not undermined, misrepresented, and demonized."

“Every single day, all across America, the staff at Planned Parenthood is doing extraordinary things, often under enormous stress and pressure,” Clinton concluded in her speech.

So the relationship Clinton has with the abortion industry is an overly cozy one, with plenty of PDA.

But what about the right? Usually, Republicans have hard lines drawn when it comes to abortion, in that they give it no quarter. Much of the calls from the right involve making abortion illegal, and "Defund Planned Parenthood!" can be heard echoing through the halls of every convention.

But the Republican frontrunner this year doesn't believe this. In fact, Trump believes just the opposite. Trump believes that Planned parenthood does "wonderful things," and should continue to be funded...then he doesn't...then he does...then he doesn't...then he does.

Trump's stances really seem to hinge on who he's talking to - or debating against - at the time. The punchline however, is that Trump has a soft spot for Planned Parenthood today, which may stem from much of his pre-political life being a pro-abortion advocate. He says that he'd discontinue funding for the abortion giant if they continue doing abortions, but like all things, we're not really sure if he's going to hold that promise. Either way you slice it, it doesn't look good for the pro-life voters.

So it's almost as if we're out of luck if we're hoping to find a candidate that we can get behind.

...or maybe not.

This elections season's dark horse, Gary Johnson, may hold something of a hope for pro-life advocates looking for a home for their vote.

Straight away it should be noted that Johnson isn't pro-life. He does believe that if a woman wants to have an abortion, then that is up to her. However, Johnson has some caveats he'd put in place.

In a 2011 interview with Rolling Stone, Johnson laid out very plainly his thoughts on the issue.

“I support women’s rights to choose up until viability of the fetus. I’ve supported the notion of parental notification. I’ve supported counseling and I’ve supported the notion that public funds not be used for abortions. But I don’t want for a second to pretend that I have a better idea of how a woman should choose when it comes to this situation. Fundamentally this is a choice that a woman should have.”
To iron out this statement, let's look at the points he made. For one, he'd support the woman's right to choose, up until the baby in the womb is able to live outside it. That's 22-24 weeks for those keeping track. On top of that, Johnson banned late term abortions during his time as Governor of New Mexico, and promoted parental notification.

He also supports the overturning of Roe v. Wade, and making abortion a states issue where places like Texas, and other red states can ban it without any problem from the Federal government. From Gary Johnson’s Our America Initiative site:

“Judges should be appointed who will interpret the Constitution according to its original meaning. Any court decision that does not follow this original meaning of the Constitution should be revisited. That is particularly true of decisions such as Roe vs. Wade, which have expanded the reach of the Federal government into areas of society never envisioned in the Constitution. With the overturning of Roe vs Wade, laws regarding abortion would be decided by the individual states.”

Most importantly, Johnson has stated - as he did in the Rolling Stone interview - that he does not think public funds should be going toward abortions. This isn't good news for Planned Parenthood, who may find their muli-million dollar taxpayer funds disappear during a Johnson presidency.

I'll state once again that Johnson is considered a "pro-choice" candidate, but from the perspective of an abortion advocate, his views on abortion - and the funding of it - would be considered a bit darker than the other two candidates.

If pro-lifers want to really start chipping away at the massive industry that has developed around killing babies, then Gary Johnson seems the way to go.

Offline Mechanicos

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline SirLinksALot

Offline Mechanicos

So, is he going to continue to fund Planned Parenthood or not?

And yes or no answer would suffice.
No he will not fund abortions.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Online Hoodat

Yet he will fund abortion clinics and abortion doctors.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Mechanicos

Prove where he said he would fund abortions since his conversion or shut it. Your claiming he is does not cut it.

Offline SirLinksALot

But he will continue to fund Planned Parenthood? Yes or no?

Offline Mechanicos

But he will continue to fund Planned Parenthood? Yes or no?
He will not fund abortions. If Planned parenthood tries to do abortions they are dead. The issue is abortions. Are you going to be forthright now?

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
http://www.lifenews.com/2011/04/08/donald-trump-explains-conversion-to-pro-life-side-on-abortion/

The problem with Trump’s change of heart on abortion (COMMENTARY)

http://religionnews.com/2016/01/26/problem-trumps-change-heart-abortion-commentary/

Trump says he is pro-life because of a “superstar” child who could have been aborted.

Consider how he responded to a reporter who wondered if he would have become pro-life had the child been a “loser”: “Probably not, but I’ve never thought of it. I would say no, but in this case it was an easy one because he’s such an outstanding person.”

To summarize Trump’s view: “I’m pro-life because we shouldn’t abort fetuses that may grow up to be outstanding people.”

But opponents of abortion take a different position: “I’m pro-life because we shouldn’t kill innocent human beings, no matter who they might grow up to be.”

Trump’s reason for being pro-life depends on the potential outcome of the child in the womb, rather than the fact that there is a child in the womb. But the pro-life ethic is grounded in the inherent worth of all humanity. It is wrong to commit violence against innocent human beings. Full stop.

exc

Offline Mechanicos

The problem with Trump’s change of heart on abortion (COMMENTARY)

http://religionnews.com/2016/01/26/problem-trumps-change-heart-abortion-commentary/

Trump says he is pro-life because of a “superstar” child who could have been aborted.

Consider how he responded to a reporter who wondered if he would have become pro-life had the child been a “loser”: “Probably not, but I’ve never thought of it. I would say no, but in this case it was an easy one because he’s such an outstanding person.”

To summarize Trump’s view: “I’m pro-life because we shouldn’t abort fetuses that may grow up to be outstanding people.”

But opponents of abortion take a different position: “I’m pro-life because we shouldn’t kill innocent human beings, no matter who they might grow up to be.”

Trump’s reason for being pro-life depends on the potential outcome of the child in the womb, rather than the fact that there is a child in the womb. But the pro-life ethic is grounded in the inherent worth of all humanity. It is wrong to commit violence against innocent human beings. Full stop.

exc

Bottom line hes pro-life. Hillary is not nor are several of the 3rd parties.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

exc

This is clear evidence that Trump lacks the ability to think in the abstract - in the world of ideas. He's like a  six year old pagan child ripping open his presents on Christmas morning. He has no idea of the deep symbolism and significance of the act of gift giving and receiving.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Bottom line hes pro-life. Hillary is not nor are several of the 3rd parties.

Those who still read your comments know what YOUR bottom line is; and from your relentless defenses, something about your standards and principles.

Neither have any effect on my belief that Trump is unfit for office. 

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
So, is he going to continue to fund Planned Parenthood or not?

And yes or no answer would suffice.

You must have known you weren't going to get a simple yes or no answer.  :silly:

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Planned Parenthood's primary business (and yes it is a private business) is abortion.

Offline Mechanicos

Those who still read your comments know what YOUR bottom line is; and from your relentless defenses, something about your standards and principles.

Neither have any effect on my belief that Trump is unfit for office.
Lets cut to the chase. Your standards principles etc are not better then mine. The difference is I support the guy who beat the hell out of your guy whom I consider a slimy sneaky fraud. And I expose the fact #nevertrump has no rational basis for is conduct, they just want to hurt the mean man who beat their guy and dam the consequences.

When the emotional-driven ones are given reason facts logic and rational arguments they trample them in the mud. No matter how many times the #nevertrump arguments are proven to based on bad information or just plain wrong, we still see them reused over and over.

You can call me a liberal, a liar etc I ignore it as its not true, just angry people lashing out.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Lets cut to the chase. Your standards principles etc are not better then mine. 

Well, yes they are. Else I would abandon mine and adopt yours.

We have a whole category discussing such. Here is your invitation to join the conversations.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/board,116.0.html

Offline Mechanicos

Well, yes they are. Else I would abandon mine and adopt yours.

We have a whole category discussing such. Here is your invitation to join the conversations.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/board,116.0.html

Nope, sorry but they are not. I am Conservative, Christian, Pro-American and I see Trump as the best for that. I Rejected Cruz as a Fraud based on good and compelling evidence and I am far from being alone. The thing is #nevertrumpers have not shown any great ability at discerning reality so far as evidenced by the 100 percent failure record they have with pretty much everything.

Offline WAC

There’s no question about Clinton’s support for Planned Parenthood, it's a shared relationship where $$$$$ flows between the two. If she's President funding will 'increase' to Planned Parenthood and abortion Internationally will be included/funded with her agenda for woman rights on the World Stage......here's  just one quote:......"I am not only against defunding Planned Parenthood, but I would like to see Planned Parenthood even get 'more' funding," ....Clinton told Fusion in January.

Trump has been fairly consistent since October 2015...his position on taxpayer funding for Planned Parenthood seems to be that he supports defunding Planned Parenthood as long as they continue to perform abortions, even though he respects some of the other work they do for women’s health.

Aug. 11 2015....""The abortion aspect of Planned Parenthood should absolutely not be funded."
Aug 4th 2015...."defunding Planned Parenthood would be worth a government shutdown"
Oct.18 2015......Planned Parenthood should absolutely be defunded. I mean if you look at what's going on with that, it's terrible."
Feb 18, 2016...."It does do wonderful things, but 'not as it relates to abortion'," ..." they should not receive tax dollars, "not while they do abortions."
Feb 22,2016...."Planned Parenthood does a lot of good jobs, a really good job in a lot of different areas. But not on abortion. So I'm not going to fund it if it's doing abortions. I am not going to fund it."
March 1, 2016...Millions of women have been helped by Planned Parenthood," he said. "But we're not going to allow, and we're not going to fund, as long as you have the abortion going on at Planned Parenthood, and we understand that and I've said it loud and clear.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/may/01/ted-cruz/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-planned-parenthood/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I do not understand why social conservatives are still waiting for a POTUS to end abortion when not even Ronald Reagan was able to slow it down---never mind end it. 

Is there no Plan B???

Offline RoosGirl

Here is the true pro-life candidate:  http://castle2016.com/

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
I do not understand why social conservatives are still waiting for a POTUS to end abortion when not even Ronald Reagan was able to slow it down---never mind end it. 

Is there no Plan B???
Here is Plan B! (Which is actually Plan A.)

We are only channels of grace to others in the measure that we are possessed of God’s grace ourselves. Let me repeat in the clearest words in my disposal. I would restate our thesis in two propositions. Proposition #1 There is no stopping abortion without an ocean of grace from Jesus Christ. No way will human means stop abortion.

#2 The principal source of this grace is the Holy Eucharist. -Father John A. Hardon

http://www.therealpresence.org/archives/Abortion_Euthanasia/Abortion_Euthanasia_003.htm
If one is not a Catholic, they can recite their prayers to Jesus requesting the end of abortion. And it's pretty easy to see that not enough people pray [frequently enough]. That's why we have two ridiculously hideous candidates [for Life] running for POTUS, when the Republicans, anyway, had five 100% pro-life men to select from. What more must Christ do?
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
Trump has been fairly consistent since October 2015...his position on taxpayer funding for Planned Parenthood seems to be that he supports defunding Planned Parenthood as long as they continue to perform abortions, even though he respects some of the other work they do for women’s health....

Since October 2015? That's only nine months ago! Enough time to have a baby, but still, not that long ago.

Regardless, it is IMPOSSIBLE to respect an organization that kills babies and sends their mothers through a lifetime of turmoil/hell/regret, never to be the same again. Voicing his respect for PP, the Donald is telling us he is not pro-life. Stating his pro-partial-birth-abortion sister is "a great judge," tells us he is a fraud.

Abortion is the #1 reason our nation [thus, our families] is so messed up! Trump cannot [try to] "Make America Great Again" without coming down [real] hard on Planned Parenthood.
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline flowers

Is there no Plan B???
  Abortions will never stop in this country. They will get worse. By the end of obama term I wouldn't be surprised if they legalize full term abortions. Lynch wrote on it and we know obama as senator had no problem with letting the baby die if the abortion didn't kill it.

Online Hoodat

He will not fund abortions. If Planned parenthood tries to do abortions they are dead.

Enough with the BS already.  Planned Parenthood is doing abortions now.  Yet Trump calls for continued funding.  What part of that do you not get?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

Is there no Plan B???

Social conservatives are not waiting for the President to end abortion.  They are waiting for a President who will end government subsidizing of abortion.  Donald Trump clearly is not that candidate.

Even with a Constitutional amendment, the President is the one person who is excluded from that process.