Author Topic: Trump deletes tweet using Star of David after backlash  (Read 10480 times)

Silver Pines

Re: Trump deletes tweet using Star of David after backlash
« Reply #175 on: July 04, 2016, 03:22:03 pm »
Ben Shapiro ‏@benshapiro  17h17 hours ago

Nope, he's just a moron who takes graphics from the despicable alt-right he refuses to condemn.

Kurt Schlichter ‏@KurtSchlichter  17h17 hours ago

Who is the person who thinks Donald Trump said "Let's use the Star of David shape because I really hate Jews?"
Gimme a (bleeped) break.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #176 on: July 04, 2016, 05:30:59 pm »
For those throwing up pictures of stars trying to make as if this wasn't a clear reference to the star of david, I say bull. This was as clear as could be in its meaning.
Pictures of a sheriff star  :chairbang: and comparing to the reference here. Sad state we are in.

Not just a star but with a pile of money and the words corrupt.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline ILeanConserv

« Reply #177 on: July 04, 2016, 05:41:05 pm »
This is simply another fine example of one trainwreck after another. Watch how painful this general election will be for us watching all of his current day trainwrecks shown on tv so many times that our eyes will bleed non stop. That's terribly sad too because before this last Spring, Billary was the one with a boatload of damaged goods. Now, as Billary, Inc adds to their boatload it's nothing at the same rate what Trump is doing to himself. 

:thud:
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 05:42:10 pm by ILeanConserv »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #178 on: July 04, 2016, 06:07:04 pm »
Not just a star but with a pile of money and the words corrupt.
On top of that, horizontal bars in the color of the Israeli flag. It's pretty clear the message the original author was trying to make.

Trump, and his followers, don't seem to care.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #179 on: July 04, 2016, 06:07:58 pm »

“I don’t think you understand how the internet or how Twitter works.  For one thing, no printer, Jew or otherwise was involved. This wasn’t a pamphlet or flyer or printed poster or a printed ad -  no need for any printer or any “printing”.  It was an electronic image, a jpg, one that is easily created by anyone with even a modicum of skill and using something like Photoshop, Publisher or any number of free tools. <<”

Sounds like you are implying it could have been anyone BUT a Jew. What makes you think a Jew wasn't able to do it?

Please go back and read what I wrote.  You mentioned a “printer” or “printing”. There was no physical printing involved. That was the point.

>>I have no doubt that Trump did not create the jpeg image himself nor do I believe anyone directly in the Trump campaign created it.  The question is who did?<<

Since it obviously wasn't The Orange Pompous,who cares?

See below:

“So how did Trump (or someone in the campaign) find that particular image to post on his Twitter feed, if not from the neo-Nazi site where it was originally posted and not found anywhere else?

It matters because it shows either poor judgement or that he doesn’t care. Either way that’s bad.

Dunno and don't care. Maybe someone just saw it in a image search for stars,and didn't pay any attention to it's origins? The point is it wasn't Trump that picked it out. He hires minions to do stuff like that for him.

Really? I’ve heard the part of the problem is that Trump does all his own Tweeting”. I’ll have to find it but IIRC, I read that Trump said in an interview a while back that his daughter Ivanka wanted to take his Twitter account from him because of the stupid (my words) way he manages it.   If he had a competent social media person handling it, (including re-tweeting from obvious neo-Nazi posters and sites as he’s done on several occasions) this stuff wouldn’t happen or the person responsible would get the old Trump “You’re Fired!”

Godz help us when he starts getting national security briefings.

I think the only reason this became a big deal in the media is because the media was trying to take attention away from Bubbette! going in to be  questioned by the Feebs for her actual crimes involving the disclosure of classified information.  It's a diversion,nothing more.

I can’t disagree with you there. It is a distraction over something way more serious re: Hillary.

So why is Trump helping to divert media coverage from her?  :pondering:
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #180 on: July 04, 2016, 06:34:01 pm »
On top of that, horizontal bars in the color of the Israeli flag. It's pretty clear the message the original author was trying to make.

Trump, and his followers, don't seem to care.

I can show you lion heads and gargoyles in your bathroom carpet pile, too.    :whistle: 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #181 on: July 04, 2016, 06:36:12 pm »
Trump cannot avoid the appearance of evil, he rushes headlong into it with the insane explanations by his hordes of rabid supporters that justify his appearances of evil.

Then they work overtime to try and deconstruct the consequences of perception being reality.

Trump appears to be a racist, bigot and anti-semite.  Every attempt by the Trump faithful to justify and deflect simply adds to the reality of public perception.

Which probably is not too far from the mark, given the perception he and his have created.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #182 on: July 04, 2016, 07:21:59 pm »
Trump cannot avoid the appearance of evil, he rushes headlong into it with the insane explanations by his hordes of rabid supporters that justify his appearances of evil.

Then they work overtime to try and deconstruct the consequences of perception being reality.

Trump appears to be a racist, bigot and anti-semite.  Every attempt by the Trump faithful to justify and deflect simply adds to the reality of public perception.

Which probably is not too far from the mark, given the perception he and his have created.

@INVAR

This graphic is currently centered...top of the forum home page.

Does that mean The Briefing Room is antisemitic?

geez....the borders are violently exploding too.

Maybe we should take it down, huh?      :whistle:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

HonestJohn

« Reply #183 on: July 04, 2016, 07:29:05 pm »
@INVAR

This graphic is currently centered...top of the forum home page.

Does that mean The Briefing Room is antisemitic?

geez....the borders are violently exploding too.

Maybe we should take it down, huh?      :whistle:

Because you see these as stars of David?  How so?

Offline Labette

• Show us on this doll where Trump made it hurt.
« Reply #184 on: July 04, 2016, 08:10:38 pm »
If it's no big deal, why did Trump take down his star of David?  Apparently he thought it was significant.

Pssst.. ...

I heard that racist Trump once wrote on a blackboard....

With white chalk.

Better run with it before Hillary breaks that story. It should fly about as well as this topic.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #185 on: July 04, 2016, 09:00:51 pm »
Pssst.. ...

I heard that racist Trump once wrote on a blackboard....

With white chalk.

Better run with it before Hillary breaks that story. It should fly about as well as this topic.

I haven't really followed this but it seems odd.  What's the point of the Star?  Apparently, Trump thought it either was significant or seemed significant so he changed it.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline WAC

« Reply #186 on: July 04, 2016, 09:05:31 pm »
@WAC
Thank you very much for your contribution/POV on this thread.
 :beer:

Well the whole topic of this star is beyond ridiculous......and just evidences the masses DO follow whatever the media feeds them.  I'm fast coming to the point where all this going on in this election hasn't got anything more to do than with a public that's lost it's ability to think and reason...and frankly doesn't want to.

Not to mention anyone who is unable to "discuss" Trump is just looking for any little thing to scream about....poke fun at or trash pretty much anything Trump says , does , thinks or even doesn't.   And they think Trump supporters are nuts?  It's fair to say the world's gone nuts!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #187 on: July 04, 2016, 09:08:32 pm »

I can’t disagree with you there. It is a distraction over something way more serious re: Hillary.

So why is Trump helping to divert media coverage from her?  :pondering:

Because,as I have been saying since the day he announced,her is Ross Perot,Part-2,and this is what he is being paid to do.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #188 on: July 04, 2016, 09:13:50 pm »
Because,as I have been saying since the day he announced,her is Ross Perot,Part-2,and this is what he is being paid to do.

Trump always manages to distract from bad democrat news.

Offline WAC

« Reply #189 on: July 04, 2016, 09:14:03 pm »
I haven't really followed this but it seems odd.  What's the point of the Star?  Apparently, Trump thought it either was significant or seemed significant so he changed it.

Trump seems to 'respond' to anything that seems to affect the public....as we know he pretty much is engaged in that respect. Some things he walks back, others he lets stand even if an unfavorable reaction. ....But this should have never been made an issue...

My gosh Ol Hillary may know her opposition's supporters better than they do. She can dump a "turd"  and everybody jumps in to her cesspool!

Have people forgotten who the real enemy is in this media propaganda??????

Hard to believe people just jump so quick....stunning really.

Offline WAC

« Reply #190 on: July 04, 2016, 09:31:05 pm »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #191 on: July 04, 2016, 09:35:29 pm »
Well the whole topic of this star is beyond ridiculous......and just evidences the masses DO follow whatever the media feeds them.  I'm fast coming to the point where all this going on in this election hasn't got anything more to do than with a public that's lost it's ability to think and reason...and frankly doesn't want to.

Not to mention anyone who is unable to "discuss" Trump is just looking for any little thing to scream about....poke fun at or trash pretty much anything Trump says , does , thinks or even doesn't.   And they think Trump supporters are nuts?  It's fair to say the world's gone nuts!

American politics hasn't been about facts since Day One. It has always been about slander and "MY team is gonna kick YOUR team's asses! Send out the cheerleaders!"

You could understand this back in the days when most states only had one or two newspapers,and pretty much the only ones that read them were the people living in the state capitals where they were published. The only news they ever heard was biased by the prejudices of the owners of that one newspaper and fact-checking was impossible.

Now we have the internet and can even read what foreign press has to say about the predators we call politicians,and none of the party faithful from either branch can be bothered with trivial things like the truth on the politicians activities,their past,their family and business connections,etc,etc,etc. They just want to scream shit about imaginary offenses and how anybody that repeats any actual facts about their illustrious leaders is a liar.

It's all about winning,and damn near nobody cares about the actual politics and character of the bozo that won as long as it was THEIR bozo that came in first.

This time we have two major candidates that are wildly under-qualified to run a freaking car wash,and who have no moral legs to stand on when it comes to character. Truthfully,if either were to apply for ANY government job based on their true characters neither would be allowed to park cars in a government garage. Hillary is a established criminal who worked as a volunteer for the Communist Party USA when she was in college,and has been working her whole life to destroy our country for both personal power,and because it is her nature to destroy or harm things. She has not one single positive personality or character example that ANYONE can point out. ALL her support comes from knee-jerk Dims that would vote for Hitler or Stalin if they were running as Dims,and from others who are willing to vote for her because she will be the " First female lesbian President!"  Yaaaayyyyy,y'all!

On the flip side we have a narcissistic sociopath that apparently dyes his skin and hair orange because he thinks it makes him look better who is 70 years old physically and 12 years old emotionally who has been a life long denizen of NYC and life long DNC contributor,and people who hate Bubbette! are supporting him purely because he is not her. There ARE no other reasons to support that human fart bubble.

And the most rabid supporters of both are the most politically informed people in the country and lying their asses off to convince the UNINFORMED VOTERS who are the ones that always end up deciding every national election to support their view of the lesser of two evils when in this case there IS no "lesser". Both are as evil as human beings can get.

America is in deep doo-doo,and all the cheerleaders can do is wave their pom-poms.

In a SANE world,both branches of the ruling party would step in and insist their candidate step down so someone at least semi-sincere about America could run in their place. They won't because THEIR OWN fortunes and futures are directly linked to their party nominee getting elected,and "concern about self" is the one trait they all share.

As Pogo said in the 1960's,"We has met the enemy,and he is us!"
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 09:41:54 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #192 on: July 04, 2016, 09:36:52 pm »
Trump always manages to distract from bad democrat news.

Odd  how that always works out,ain't it?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #193 on: July 04, 2016, 09:39:04 pm »
Dayum!

Great post.  :patriot:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #194 on: July 04, 2016, 09:50:37 pm »
#confused

Once again we find Trump struggling with a stupid re-tweet unforced error. I personally believe that Herr Obama and Frau Clinton are both a thousand times more antisemitic than Trump could ever be but that is not the point. I think Trump is so far from antisemitism that he was too naive to even know what that star could mean. But again, that is not the point.

Why does Trump accomplish the hard stuff, i.e., winning a primary, and screw up the simple stuff like tweets. I, along with many others, have posted at least a dozen times that Trump has to stop re-tweeting. Just freakin' Stop It! Damn it.

As far as Trump distracting from Hillary whenever she gets into trouble, that is her personal media cadre and the cleanup crew from Obama at work doing that. That is their job. They would do that no matter what Trump says or does to help Hillary. But still. Trump really should vet his tweets through a dozen different eyes before he or anyone else posts anything in his name. That is just common sense.

I saw the same thing with several politicians. They think they can act as their own publicists because they are too stupid (read "folksy", as it is called) to know how dangerous that is. Publicists know (usually) the zeitgeist and how things can be spun. The good ones are professionals and know what they are doing.

Any politician who thinks it would be "fun" to have a few drinks and to start tweeting is an idiot. Any politician who gets mad or excited about something and decides to tweet about it does not realize what they are doing, or the powerful ramifications that may blow back at them.

Anyone who acts as his own lawyer has a fool for a client.

That is what I consider this to be. Just another case of Trump being 'stupid', but innocent.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

geronl

« Reply #195 on: July 04, 2016, 10:55:03 pm »
Trump promised to stop being racist in 1973 as front man for his fathers slumlording business, and then again when he settled with the Justice department and then again after kicking out blacks and women from a casino because a mob figure asked for it (a mob figure banned from the casinos by the government)...

he's all on the up and up now, even supports affirmative action!

geronl

« Reply #196 on: July 04, 2016, 10:55:41 pm »
Odd  how that always works out,ain't it?

Yep, almost like its on purpose.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #197 on: July 05, 2016, 12:27:08 am »
Almost 200 replies and not one comment on the Clinton's corruption.   :pondering:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #198 on: July 05, 2016, 12:38:39 am »
The perp releases a statement:

The next question: who was the Twitter user from whom the image was lifted?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline DB

« Reply #199 on: July 05, 2016, 12:40:06 am »
Almost 200 replies and not one comment on the Clinton's corruption.   :pondering:

Well if Clinton were the Republican nominee we would be. It is the enemy on the inside that is most dangerous. Clinton has been on the political stage for 24 years so there isn't much about her we don't already know - she's a lying, cheating unethical crook that heads a larger criminal enterprise that seeks power and graft. And you know that as well as the rest of us, what is left to be said about her?

And last but not least, there's some chance she won't even make it to election day. The FBI hasn't had its say yet.