Author Topic: Trump Time Capsule #35: Two Corinthians, and Twelve Constitution  (Read 593 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Trump Time Capsule #35: Two Corinthians, and Twelve Constitution

http://www.theatlantic.com/notes/2016/07/trump-time-capsule-35-two-corinthians-and-twelve-constitution/490373/

Charles Stevenson, long-time Congressional staffer and author of many books about the politics and policy of national security, writes about Donald Trump’s meeting this morning with Republicans on Capitol Hill:

You may have seen this TPM report about Trump’s meeting with House GOP. I think this part is especially significant:

Another Republican in the meeting who declined to go on the record so he could speak candidly told TPM that Trump was asked pointedly if he would defend Article I of the Constitution.

“Not only will I stand up for Article One,” Trump enthusiastically stated, according to the member in the room. “I'll stand up for Article Two, Article 12, you name it of the Constitution.”

The Republican member said that Trump’s lack of knowledge about how many articles exist, gave him “a little pause.” (The Constitution has seven articles and 27 amendments.)

Besides indicating Trump has little real knowledge of the Constitution, it also shows an insensitivity to the purpose of the question. Article I lists the powers of the Congress, which many Republicans say has been undermined by an overreaching Obama. Trump doesn’t seem to understand that he was being asked about legislative-executive relations and the proper balance between those branches. He didn't know, and probably doesn’t care. Lawmakers should.

exc

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Re: Trump Time Capsule #35: Two Corinthians, and Twelve Constitution
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 10:10:15 pm »
Simple to explain. He was thinking about the Twelve Apostles.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 10:20:43 pm by don-o »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 02:55:42 am »
Making it up as he goes.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 02:59:03 am »
Simple to explain. He was thinking about the Twelve Apostles.

John, Paul, George, Ringo......