Author Topic: Trump Gives a Shout Out to Saddam Hussein  (Read 5959 times)

Offline GrouchoTex

Re: Trump Gives a Shout Out to Saddam Hussein
« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2016, 06:34:40 pm »
This is not new.
This is not Anti-trump rhetoric.
Trump has made comments like this before.
4 times (including this time) were caught on film.
Once in 2014 and 3 times since he has announced he was running.
The difference was that the previous times, he wasn't the "presumptive" nominee, with only Hillary in his way.
The previous 3 times, it was just Trump being Trump.
It's real now, and it won't get better, especially when Trump keeps handing out these free, off-the-cuff, unsolicited, nonsensical statements.
Did anyone ask him about the long dead former leader of Iraq, or did Trump just feel the need to "throw it out there"?
When all he needed to do, was to have blasted the FBI and Hillary Clinton and then simply stopped talking?

As often as he has shot his own foot, it's a wonder he can stand up!

« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 06:34:57 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2016, 06:35:52 pm »

May as well add the 38 Iraqi Scud missiles that landed in Israel in 1991 to that comment.

The bombardment started on January 18, when Tel Aviv and Haifa were hit by 8 Scuds, and continued for several weeks. Six missiles fell in the Negev, apparently aimed at the nuclear reactor in Dimona. All of the Scuds had conventional warheads, although Saddam had previously used Scuds with chemical warheads in his war with Iran.   I remember the images of Israeli children with gas mask  huddled in sealed rooms during the attacks.

Saddam was a madman, and a mass killer who deserved the neck stretching he got - not praise from a potential American President 25 years later. Its ludicrous. And an insult to the American soldiers killed in that war and their families they left behind.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2016, 06:44:03 pm »
True story for you:
My son is a director/producer of documentary films and lives in London.  He was born in Texas and is a proud Texan, graduated from Rice University in Houston, Texas, then got a masters at the National Film School in England. 

A number of years ago, he went to Libya to make a film about Muammar Gaddafi's personal guards - the guards were all women as Gaddafi didn't trust men to be that close to him.  When son arrived in Libya, Gaddafi had him locked up in a hotel until he determined son was not CiA.  Gaddafi had total fear of the CIA getting information about him and trying to kill him. 

Once son was released from captivity, son was with Gaddafi, going everywhere with Gaddafi and filming him.  Once they went into the desert and Gaddafi made a speech to the people there.  During that speech, he pointed to son and yelled a comment.  Son didn't speak that language, and he told me he didn't know if he was going to be killed right then.  Later, he found out Gaddafi yelled that the American government lies.  Then, he pointed to son and said, "The American government lies to this American!."

Son was with Gaddafi in his home.  Son started up the stairs with Gaddafi and his guards stopped him from going up with Gaddafi.  They said Gaddafi did not want anyone to know where his bedroom on the second floor so the CIA would not know where it was.

Son said he was glad to get out of that country and away from Gaddafi.  He said, "Gaddafi is crazy and will kill someone just because he can."  I am sure the CIA got a copy of that film. 

Son had a habit of not telling me when he was making a film in a dangerous place.  I found out afterward every time.  The day after 911, son disappeared from London.  He did not appear again until the day after we attacked Afghanistan.  That is another story.  I am glad to say son is alive and still living in London and making films across the world.
@mystery-ak
@Bigun
@kartographer

Very interesting...thanks for sharing that story
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2016, 06:51:32 pm »
May as well add the 38 Iraqi Scud missiles that landed in Israel in 1991 to that comment.

The bombardment started on January 18, when Tel Aviv and Haifa were hit by 8 Scuds, and continued for several weeks. Six missiles fell in the Negev, apparently aimed at the nuclear reactor in Dimona. All of the Scuds had conventional warheads, although Saddam had previously used Scuds with chemical warheads in his war with Iran.   I remember the images of Israeli children with gas mask  huddled in sealed rooms during the attacks.

Saddam was a madman, and a mass killer who deserved the neck stretching he got - not praise from a potential American President 25 years later. Its ludicrous. And an insult to the American soldiers killed in that war and their families they left behind.

But he protected the Christians in Iraq, so who cares about those other nasty details.. (Sarcasm)
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2016, 06:58:22 pm »
Trump can not go a news cycle without sticking his foot in his mouth.  Rather than just shutting up and letting Hitlery's bad news yesterday simmer........    He had to open his mouth.

Ron White has Trump perfectly pegged.........You can't fix stupid.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2016, 07:24:22 pm »
Still waiting for the antis to produce Evidence "Trump gave a Shout out to Saddam Hussein" for the bad things he did.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2016, 07:48:05 pm »
Still waiting for the antis to produce Evidence "Trump gave a Shout out to Saddam Hussein" for the bad things he did.

What Trump said is no different than if he stated at one of his Nuremburg-style rallies that "Adolf Hitler was a bad guy. He was a bad guy, a really bad guy. But you know what he did well? He made the trains run on time and he built the Autobahn".

Which would rightfully earn all the outrage, scorn and disgust your prince has rightfully earned for himself, that you are paid to spin and apologize for.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2016, 08:16:07 pm »
The headline is just a little truthful hyperbole.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #83 on: July 06, 2016, 08:34:15 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

I recall on TOS, the Trumpcult would keep repeating versions of this, "He must be right because he has billions of dollars."  That was repeated over and over as the reason Trump should be president. 

Soros must therefore be even more right. Because he has even more billions.

Mind, they're not exactly the cream of the intellectual crop over there.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Wingnut

« Reply #84 on: July 06, 2016, 08:56:13 pm »

Offline verga

« Reply #85 on: July 06, 2016, 09:03:48 pm »
You left out Qin Shi Huang, he built walls and made the people pay for it in lives!
@Idaho_Cowboy Truth be told there were half a dozen more I could have named including Stalin, Pol Pot, The Kim il Jungs, etc... But those were the first two that came to mind right off the cuff. Please feel free to add to the list if you like.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Silver Pines

« Reply #86 on: July 06, 2016, 11:26:52 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

I recall on TOS, the Trumpcult would keep repeating versions of this, "He must be right because he has billions of dollars."  That was repeated over and over as the reason Trump should be president. 

The fact is, no one except the IRS, maybe, knows how much money he has.  Every word out of his mouth is a lie and I am sure that includes his saying he has 10 billion dollars.  He will never show his tax return as that will show he has lied forever about his wealth.

The example of people going to Starbucks to appear/feel like someone with money, also does include people who buy magazines about movie stars so they can get a buzz from seeing themselves as those stars.  It is fantasy indulgence to see themselves as a move star or as rich as Trump says he is.

Truth about Starbucks:  My significant other gave me a Starbucks gold card for Christmas a couple of years ago, as a joke.  He owns stock in Starbucks (bought when they first went on the market) and complains they charge too much money for coffee so he won't buy it.  Yes, he has their stock and won't buy the coffee - can you sat frugal?  When I use the card for coffee, always Grande Latte, I tell him I am helping his company make money.  :o)

@Victoria33

But do you carry the cup with the logo facing outward so people will think you're a sophisticated hipster?  *ducking*
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 11:28:10 pm by CatherineofAragon »

Silver Pines

« Reply #87 on: July 06, 2016, 11:29:49 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

A relative living in Oklahoma has been looking for me for three years and yesterday I was told that, along with her phone number, and called her.  She is a second cousin.  She and another family member had traced down, through DNA, where our ancestors came from.  According to these results, on that side of the family, I am 83% Scotch-Irish, and 17%  European-Jewish.  I don't know how accurate these results are, but I happily accept the Jewish connection. 

Israel was God's chosen people, then Christ came and gentiles were grafted onto the Jewish family tree.  Now, if I do have Jewish ancestors as it appears I do, then my support of Israel is even more meaningful.

I need to have my DNA checked and had thought of doing that several months ago. 

You said, "It seems Trump likes dead Jews."  I have said he is mentally disturbed and sees himself as a dictator like Hussein and Libya's Muammar Gaddafi.  He wants ultimate power to kill anyone he wants dead just as they did - he says with pride he admires them for doing that.  Since it appears I may have Jewish blood, he is even more my enemy and I didn't think that possible until now.

I've seen the ancestry.com DNA kit commercial.  I'd love to have it done.  I might look into that.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2016, 11:42:43 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

The fact is, no one except the IRS, maybe, knows how much money he has.  Every word out of his mouth is a lie and I am sure that includes his saying he has 10 billion dollars.  He will never show his tax return as that will show he has lied forever about his wealth.

I think Forbes put him down in the middle of the top 500, with a net worth at somewhere around 5 Billion (+/- 500 million) There are quite a few richer people in the world. Of course, that just makes them rich, not necessarily right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

geronl

« Reply #89 on: July 06, 2016, 11:52:08 pm »
http://indy100.independent.co.uk/article/donald-trump-has-praised-the-chinese-government-over-tiananmen-square-as-well-as-kim-jongun--Wk35kIvHhg

Donald Trump has praised the Chinese government over Tiananmen Square as well as Kim Jong-un

TRUMP: When the students poured into Tiananmen Square, the Chinese government almost blew it. Then they were vicious, they were horrible, but they put it down with strength. That shows you the power of strength. Our country is right now perceived as weak... as being spit on by the rest of the world[/size]
[/i]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/03/11/trump-just-called-tiananmen-square-a-riot-the-communist-party-will-be-pleased/

Trump just called Tiananmen Square a ‘riot.’ The Communist Party will be pleased

TRUMP:
That doesn't mean I was endorsing that. I was not endorsing it. I said that is a strong, powerful government that put it down with strength. And then they kept down the riot. It was a horrible thing. It doesn't mean at all I was endorsing it.[/b]

Yes, he was praising them for their strength, same as when he gave shout outs to Putin an Kim Jong-Un.

geronl

« Reply #90 on: July 06, 2016, 11:53:29 pm »
On Kim Jong-Un

TRUMP:  You've got to give him credit. How many young guys (he was like 26 or 25 when his father died) take over these tough generals, and all of a sudden... he goes in, he takes over, he's the boss.

It's incredible. He wiped out the uncle, he wiped out this one, that one. This guy doesn't play games.
[/size]

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #91 on: July 06, 2016, 11:57:21 pm »
Trump has a sick obsession with strongmen. 

Anybody doubt he'd be just like that? 

Dictatorial nepotism is really attractive to Trump.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Wingnut

« Reply #92 on: July 07, 2016, 12:01:32 am »
Trump wants to turn Saddam Hussein's spider hole hiding place into a Trump Property and Golf course. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #93 on: July 07, 2016, 06:03:33 am »
Trump has a sick obsession with strongmen. 

Anybody doubt he'd be just like that? 

Dictatorial nepotism is really attractive to Trump.

He admires them.  It is telling.  He actually looks to evil as strength but I have a word for Trump.  Saddam is a dead dictator.  He had his evil days being a coward and killing people.  In the end they found him hiding like a rat in a hole.  When they pictured him they were scouring him for bugs. 

I will say it again.  Trump just made another shout out to Neo Nazi's.  Everyone knows that Saddam was funding PLO suicide bombers.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #94 on: July 07, 2016, 06:19:21 am »
Idiot could have been jumping on the Hillary thing, instead decides to give a shout out to Saddam.

You know how to pick 'em, Trumpsters. Congratulations.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #95 on: July 08, 2016, 03:15:21 am »
he praised him for killing Terrorists. You got a problem with that?
That makes Saddam a GOOD bad guy...like a serial killer who kills abortionist.