Author Topic: LET'S SEE.... WHAT ARE MY CHOICES.?  (Read 10259 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: LET'S SEE.... WHAT ARE MY CHOICES.?
« Reply #325 on: July 04, 2016, 06:37:43 pm »
That's why I choose to ignore them.  They are not here to exchange ideas, or be reasonable.  They are here to cause trouble.

That's all.

And the more you engage them, the more trouble they can cause.  I guarantee that he loves making you angry.  It's despicable, but that's exactly what he's here for.

NO one takes this guy seriously, because there's nothing serious about him.  Don't give him ammunition so he can keep shooting his nonsense.

Listen up, @musiclady   And don't ever forget it.

In about two weeks, he's going to be the official GOP Nominee.

That means YOU, then,  "...are not here to exchange ideas, or be reasonable.  {but]are here to cause trouble."
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Chasaway

« Reply #326 on: July 04, 2016, 06:42:37 pm »

Yeah....why not give HIM a 'star'?     :whistle:   

DCP...some of us aren't in it for that.

Savvy?

And I'll ask you a serious question: Besides trying to prove yourself a jerk to someone (all of us), what was the point of your post?

I'd like a serious answer.
"That's all I can stands; I can't stands n' more!"

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #327 on: July 04, 2016, 06:50:04 pm »
DCP...some of us aren't in it for that.

Savvy?

And I'll ask you a serious question: Besides trying to prove yourself a jerk to someone (all of us), what was the point of your post?

I'd like a serious answer.

I was using absurdity to describe the absurdity of seeing several threads by the usual suspects of seeing "Jew" and "antisemitism" in a tweet sent by Donald Trump.

And the absurdity that despite the ridiculous 0-fer batting average of #nevertrump....they continue to claim " [This] is the big one!" 

That's why.

We're two weeks away from coming together to beat Hillary Clinton.

Lead, follow, or get the hell out of our way.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Chasaway

« Reply #328 on: July 04, 2016, 06:54:37 pm »
First of all, your answer made no sense to me and wasn't responsive.

Second, to your demand:

”We're two weeks away from coming together to beat Hillary Clinton.

Lead, follow, or get the hell out of our way.”

No.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #329 on: July 04, 2016, 06:57:43 pm »

That means YOU, then,  "...are not here to exchange ideas, or be reasonable.  {but]are here to cause trouble."

That's absurd, and you know it.

The ideals and values that the Republican party is SUPPOSED to stand for will be swirling down the toilet if Trump is nominated in about two weeks.

I have no more business voting for Trump than Ronald Reagan did voting for LBJ after the Democrat party left him.

And I will ALWAYS be here to engage in, and read the exchange of ideas of thinking Conservatives.

And in the meantime, your deceitful buddy will STILL be here causing trouble, because he doesn't have a single idea in his Trump-filled head.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #330 on: July 04, 2016, 07:02:43 pm »
That's why I choose to ignore them.  They are not here to exchange ideas, or be reasonable.  They are here to cause trouble.

That's all.

And the more you engage them, the more trouble they can cause.  I guarantee that he loves making you angry.  It's despicable, but that's exactly what he's here for.

I'm a former mod at a forum that collapsed and was taken over by the same kind of virulent trollish behavior we see from the Trump minority here.   In my experience ignoring such people and refusing to call them out on what they are and were doing, led to the exodus of the most valued contributors to the site.   When I confronted and cut down such people, the site grew and prospered, but the owner changed his mind and bought into the demand that all views and all philosophies must be given equal space and ordered us mods not to engage or stop 'contrarian views'.   Ultimately the whole forum was overrun and taken over by those who intended to destroy it from the beginning and they used the "rules" against the host and those who established the board.  The owner simply had the same philosophy you do - and the place collapsed and became a vile cesspool. 

NO one takes this guy seriously, because there's nothing serious about him.  Don't give him ammunition so he can keep shooting his nonsense.

At some point Conservatives need to learn to fight back.  Ignoring the Left and capitulating to them in the name of 'tolerance' and 'decorum' has led the GOP itself  to ruin.

I have no intention of letting those kinds of people get away with it for what remains of Conservatism.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline musiclady

« Reply #331 on: July 04, 2016, 07:06:39 pm »
I'm a former mod at a forum that collapsed and was taken over by the same kind of virulent trollish behavior we see from the Trump minority here.   In my experience ignoring such people and refusing to call them out on what they are and were doing, led to the exodus of the most valued contributors to the site.   When I confronted and cut down such people, the site grew and prospered, but the owner changed his mind and bought into the demand that all views and all philosophies must be given equal space and ordered us mods not to engage or stop 'contrarian views'.   Ultimately the whole forum was overrun and taken over by those who intended to destroy it from the beginning and they used the "rules" against the host and those who established the board.  The owner simply had the same philosophy you do - and the place collapsed and became a vile cesspool. 

At some point Conservatives need to learn to fight back.  Ignoring the Left and capitulating to them in the name of 'tolerance' and 'decorum' has led the GOP itself  to ruin.

I have no intention of letting those kinds of people get away with it for what remains of Conservatism.

I understand your perspective, but I disagree.  On this forum, with this particular virulent (brainless) disruptor, I still believe it's best for everyone to ignore him rather than feed him.  The more he is engaged, the more idiotic he becomes.

Again, NO one believes him.  There is obviously a time and place to fight back, and I agree with you fully on this.

But I believe that with this particular trouble maker on this particular forum, it is counter-productive.

He'll shrivel up and go away if no one bothers with him or takes his dumb and deceitful arguments seriously.

JMHO......
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 08:17:52 pm by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #332 on: July 04, 2016, 07:07:25 pm »

Not gonna happen.  I will be doing everything in my power to get as many Conservatives and former Republicans to go third party or write in.

If we must have an enemy at the head of government, we want one who we can clearly oppose and whom we are not responsible.

You have no authority to make such demands.

You are nobody.

And I WILL be standing in your way.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #333 on: July 04, 2016, 07:12:25 pm »
I understand your perspective, but I disagree.  On this forum, with this particular virulent (brainless) troll, I still believe it's best for everyone to ignore him rather than feed him.  The more he is engaged, the more idiotic he becomes.

Again, NO one believes him.  There is obviously a time and place to fight back, and I agree with you fully on this.

But I believe that with this particular trouble maker on this particular forum, it is counter-productive.

He'll shrivel up and go away if no one bothers with him or takes his dumb and deceitful arguments seriously.

I cannot disagree in regards to a specific paid operative or True Believer, as each kind of 'trouble maker' has different things that affect or motivate them.

However, that said - letting a lie stand without countering it with the truth is how evil overtakes a society.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #334 on: July 04, 2016, 07:12:28 pm »

First of all, your answer made no sense to me and wasn't responsive.

Well, how could it make any sense to you when you've got less than 2 dozen posts here?

Try to pay attention.  There is no review of the material at this late stage.

Offline Chasaway

« Reply #335 on: July 04, 2016, 07:16:22 pm »
Well, how could it make any sense to you when you've got less than 2 dozen posts here?

That's going to get you in a jam someday.

Offline Minarch

• Justice is coming to all of us.
« Reply #336 on: July 04, 2016, 07:20:09 pm »

Or else what? You'll post more vapid drivel on an Internet forum?

Offline OldSaltUSN

« Reply #337 on: July 04, 2016, 07:27:23 pm »

Lest see your proof that all end games of #nevertrump do not end in a Hillary win.

Lets see yours that you're actually a combat Marine Vet, or a Marine at all because after your performance yesterday, there's a lot of people that think you might be lying about that too (you do have a long history of that)... that your browser doesn't show PMs s a lame excuse to avoid Mod smackdowns, when mine is the same browser and works fine; that you didn't suddenly change your tagline YET AGAIN after being caught in another lie yesterday about it, and that Trump is actually not a liberal...

:hands:

Some posters simply diminish TBR.   Freedom of speech is a good concept.  Howver, "Ignore" is a great tool, folks.  Everytime you respond to some of these folks, particularly when you quote them, you give them additional "air time" and enable them to dominate the forum.

Note: I'm not attacking this individual because of what he believes, or his loyalty to Trump.  I'm maintaining that he's been called on intellectual dishonestly, to which he simply responds with more of the same.

As others on this forum are my witnesses, I'm not violating TBR's terms of service, and attacking another person because of his beliefs or politics.    Others have said he's here only to "cause trouble".  There's another common word for that, but it's banned on TBR, so I will not use it
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 07:28:38 pm by OldSaltUSN »

Offline Chasaway

« Reply #338 on: July 04, 2016, 07:29:42 pm »

There is an interesting quote, attributed to Abe Lincoln by the way, that I believe is pertinent to this discussion:

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool..." [which you apparently think of me] "...than to speak and to remove all doubt..."

I believe you've decided to be the proof of the second part of the sentiment...exponentially.

Unhappily for you, posting history is no indication of awareness, length of time engaged, intelligence...or very little else other than postings.

To ascribe many or few postings to a forum member's capacities indicates some pretty shallow critical thinking skills.

Again, which I believe you've decided to demonstrate ably over the past few months and numerous posts.

HonestJohn

« Reply #339 on: July 04, 2016, 07:30:50 pm »
I was using absurdity to describe the absurdity of seeing several threads by the usual suspects of seeing "Jew" and "antisemitism" in a tweet sent by Donald Trump.

And the absurdity that despite the ridiculous 0-fer batting average of #nevertrump....they continue to claim " [This] is the big one!" 

That's why.

And... how is that star related to Judaism in any way?

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #340 on: July 04, 2016, 07:47:31 pm »
@Repub4Trump https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump
Trump's party affiliation has changed over the years. Although his party affiliation prior to 1987 is unclear, Trump was an early supporter of Republican Ronald Reagan for U.S. President in the late 70s. In 1987 he registered as a Republican until 1999. He then switched to the Reform Party for three years and ran a presidential exploratory campaign for its nomination. After his run, Trump left the party in 2001 due to the involvement of David Duke, Pat Buchanan and Lenora Fulani within the party. From 2001 to 2009 he was a Democrat and then switched back to the Republican Party in 2009 after endorsing Republican John McCain for President. In December 2011, Trump became an Independent for five months, before returning to the Republican Party, where he has pledged to stay
I was referring to knee jerk reactions, and holier than thou attitudes...But as RIV would say.."YOU already knew that!," **nononono*

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #341 on: July 04, 2016, 08:01:14 pm »
I was referring to knee jerk reactions, and holier than thou attitudes...But as RIV would say.."YOU already knew that!," **nononono*

*You* may have been referring to such, but @verga supplied a beautiful, real life example of what you said.  It was a perfect, brilliant example of the type of person you described.  Pretty funny, actually.

Offline OldSaltUSN

« Reply #342 on: July 04, 2016, 08:13:45 pm »

Then either get the Mods to ZOT us, or go back to FreeRepublic.

At least we know where you stand, morally, on the issue. 

"Listen up,  and don't ever forget it."

And before you beat up on the ladies, tough guy, come meet my fist.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 08:15:58 pm by OldSaltUSN »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #343 on: July 04, 2016, 08:14:51 pm »
I cannot disagree in regards to a specific paid operative or True Believer, as each kind of 'trouble maker' has different things that affect or motivate them.

However, that said - letting a lie stand without countering it with the truth is how evil overtakes a society.

Again, I agree with the principle, but when nearly every post contains one lie or another, which has been repeated ad nauseam (and refuted with multiple facts), sometimes it's best to leave them alone.

If all of us who know the truth responded to every false statement and accusation by said poster there would be no end to the rebuttals.

I still think his miniscule self-worth will suffer if we all just pass his comments off as the nonsense they are and let him rant all alone in his little Trump cave.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 08:15:20 pm by musiclady »

Silver Pines

« Reply #344 on: July 04, 2016, 08:16:31 pm »
Words on a forum today are no different than the words printed in Paine's Common Sense, Sermons from Mayhew and Henry.  Those words spoken and written had everything to do with resisting subjugation and led to bloodshed for the cause of liberty.    There is nothing new under the sun.  A fight for liberty against ideas that will lead to tyranny, or ideas that will lead to ruin and slavery happens first with words.  Forums and social media are today's Town Greens, Green Dragon's and Williamsburg Taverns.  I'm sorry if you do not see that.  It's why Trump and Hillary have armies of paid operatives to shape the narratives for their chosen dear leader, because they understand that their words will assuage a people to more easily accept subjugation and their rule.

Tell you what - if you can get the morons calling for our deaths for treason because we will not support Trump to tone it down, and convince those here who daily insist that not voting for Trump is voting for Hillary and that we are not rational to tone it down - I'll tone down 'the rage' as it were.  What do you think of that?

Has someone called for our deaths?  I missed that.

I'm not a moderator so I'm not going to play one.  What I was trying to do was appeal to your sense of reason.  When someone---one individual, in this case---is pulling your chain and trying to prod you into blowing up, you're playing right into his hands when you do it.  Personally I refuse to give anyone that kind of power. 

As for calling us Hillary supporters, who cares!?  It's stupid to begin with...why let it bother you so much that you give pleasure to the person saying it?  All you do is feed the behavior.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #345 on: July 04, 2016, 08:18:33 pm »
That sounds just like the DemRats, union types, or uninformed voters.  Vote for the party, no matter what loser the propose.
Did I say who you should vote for?

Considering I am none of those type people you mentioned, I think you should watch the insults..Not just to me, but all the members too!
Thanks!

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline kartographer

« Reply #346 on: July 04, 2016, 08:19:15 pm »
LOL!  So, you're telling us that "30 or 40" #nevertrumps are going to sway the election?   

You're here in a corner of the internet talking to no more than 50 people...period.

It's a BIG country...filled with lots of angry people.

So which is it? Do you need us or do we not matter? Does Trump need us to win or is Trump as omnificent as you and he believes that our puny numbers and votes don't matter one way or another? If our numbers and so small and insignificant then why are you so obsessed over those who choose not to choose? Which is it? If Trump is so loved by the masses as you claim and is such a superior candidate so what if he has detractors. especially if they are not promoting his opponent? Why do as you claim a handful of malcontents cause you such concern unless you take our lack of support personally as disparaging  your choice? You made fun about conspiracies of anti-Trumpers arrest and re-education, but isn't it true that those are the common results of politicos and their supporters who can not accept the fact that not everyone loves them? I said it before and I say it again I see the shades of 1930's Germany in this debate.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 08:36:53 pm by kartographer »
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline kartographer

« Reply #347 on: July 04, 2016, 08:22:16 pm »

AH...don't you just love the sounds of Jackboots in the afternoon?
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline musiclady

« Reply #348 on: July 04, 2016, 08:27:02 pm »

Clarification, Repub............ is everyone who maintains Biblical moral standards and opposes Trump on the basis of those standards "holier than thou" in your view?

I mean, is there anyone who, in your estimation, has the right to hold on to absolute values without feeling the brunt of your condemnation?

I have been called many, many names by Trump supporters simply because I recognize Donald Trump as an unrepentant sinner, and a serial adulterer, and believe that his absolute lack of character would be deadly in a President.

Is that "knee jerk" and "holier than thou" in your view................ OR, do I have the right to believe what Christians have believed for centuries without being mocked by people like your buddy, RiV?  (And you??)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #349 on: July 04, 2016, 08:42:03 pm »
Is that "knee jerk" and "holier than thou" in your view................ OR, do I have the right to believe what Christians have believed for centuries without being mocked by people like your buddy, RiV?  (And you??) 

Just a reminder @musiclady, I'm not involved in your latest dispute.  The last thing you want to do is invite me into it.    :nono:

@Repub4Trump