Author Topic: LET'S SEE.... WHAT ARE MY CHOICES.?  (Read 10144 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: LET'S SEE.... WHAT ARE MY CHOICES.?
« Reply #350 on: July 04, 2016, 08:47:05 pm »
AH...don't you just love the sounds of Jackboots in the afternoon?

Who are you accusing of wearing jackboots @kartographer  ...  Mitt Romney?

Mitt Romney repeated Thomas Paine's oft-quoted aphorism, “lead, follow, or get out of the way,” in his victory speech last night —   

@DCPatriot

Offline kartographer

« Reply #351 on: July 04, 2016, 08:49:30 pm »
But Mitt was wrong wasn't he?
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #352 on: July 04, 2016, 08:50:36 pm »
But Mitt was wrong wasn't he?

Answer my question.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #353 on: July 04, 2016, 08:51:53 pm »
Musiclady don't ever forget it.

In about two weeks, he's going to be the official GOP Nominee.

That means YOU, then,  "...are not here to exchange ideas, or be reasonable.  {but]are here to cause trouble."

ROFLMBO, trying to strong-arm at two different forums. How is that working for ya DC?

Put me down on your trouble making list too. I need the laughs.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline kartographer

« Reply #354 on: July 04, 2016, 08:54:06 pm »
You look good in them.

The statement is false. OPPOSING is also a choice and a legitimate one. Rolling over to tyrants and bullies never works. You just have to be aware that opposing tyrants and bullies really piss them off. Doesn't it?
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #355 on: July 04, 2016, 08:54:48 pm »
Who are you accusing of wearing jackboots @kartographer  ...  Mitt Romney?

@DCPatriot

@kartographer

http://kenburchell.blogspot.com/2012/02/did-paine-ever-say-or-write-lead-follow.html

Did Paine ever say or write: "Lead, follow or get out of the way."

Followers of this blog will already know the answer to this question. It's been treated here before. But a recent article by essayist and commentator John Nichols of The Nation magazine treats Mitt-the-Mormon's miserable misquote of a few days ago. See:

http://www.thenation.com/blog/165986/tom-paine-would-not-have-approved-mitt-romney

The quote has already been roundly debunked here on this blog:

http://kenburchell.blogspot.com/2011/07/thomas-paine-never-said-nor-wrote-lead.html

but you're excused if you missed it and in case you did, a generous reader contributed what is probably the actual citation:

"We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way." George S. Patton, as quoted in Pocket Patriot : Quotes from American Heroes (2005) edited by Kelly Nickell, p. 157

[and thanks to Harvey J. Kaye for the tip-off on the Nichols piece]

Offline kartographer

« Reply #356 on: July 04, 2016, 08:57:55 pm »
@kartographer

http://kenburchell.blogspot.com/2012/02/did-paine-ever-say-or-write-lead-follow.html

Did Paine ever say or write: "Lead, follow or get out of the way."

Followers of this blog will already know the answer to this question. It's been treated here before. But a recent article by essayist and commentator John Nichols of The Nation magazine treats Mitt-the-Mormon's miserable misquote of a few days ago. See:

http://www.thenation.com/blog/165986/tom-paine-would-not-have-approved-mitt-romney

The quote has already been roundly debunked here on this blog:

http://kenburchell.blogspot.com/2011/07/thomas-paine-never-said-nor-wrote-lead.html

but you're excused if you missed it and in case you did, a generous reader contributed what is probably the actual citation:

"We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way." George S. Patton, as quoted in Pocket Patriot : Quotes from American Heroes (2005) edited by Kelly Nickell, p. 157

[and thanks to Harvey J. Kaye for the tip-off on the Nichols piece]

Thank you for the information Roos!

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #357 on: July 04, 2016, 09:04:44 pm »
I'm a former mod at a forum that collapsed and was taken over by the same kind of virulent trollish behavior we see from the Trump minority here.   In my experience ignoring such people and refusing to call them out on what they are and were doing, led to the exodus of the most valued contributors to the site.   When I confronted and cut down such people, the site grew and prospered, but the owner changed his mind and bought into the demand that all views and all philosophies must be given equal space and ordered us mods not to engage or stop 'contrarian views'.   Ultimately the whole forum was overrun and taken over by those who intended to destroy it from the beginning and they used the "rules" against the host and those who established the board.  The owner simply had the same philosophy you do - and the place collapsed and became a vile cesspool. 

At some point Conservatives need to learn to fight back.  Ignoring the Left and capitulating to them in the name of 'tolerance' and 'decorum' has led the GOP itself  to ruin.

I have no intention of letting those kinds of people get away with it for what remains of Conservatism.
I am a Trump supporter and as long as I am here, the Trump supporters will be too!!!
You got that! Now stop posting insulting personal attacks!

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline musiclady

« Reply #358 on: July 04, 2016, 09:06:24 pm »
ROFLMBO, trying to strong-arm at two different forums. How is that working for ya DC?

Put me down on your trouble making list too. I need the laughs.

Wonder if he'll ever figure out that trying to strong-arm people because they hold principles and moral absolutes dear will always end in failure because of those very values he's trying to make us forget we have.....   :shrug:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Ginger Republic

• HRH Archduchess Tamar de Bruce the Red, Guardian of Nirvana
  • Formerly known as Tamar1973
« Reply #359 on: July 04, 2016, 09:10:00 pm »
Listen up, @musiclady   And don't ever forget it.

In about two weeks, he's going to be the official GOP Nominee.

That means YOU, then,  "...are not here to exchange ideas, or be reasonable.  {but]are here to cause trouble."

If all you want to read and type are posts in fawning worship of The Orange One, TOS is there 24/7 for your echo-chamber needs. People like you have already strong armed it into a forum that engages in redefining conservatism to mirror the ever-changing opinions of The Orange One who demands unyielding and unquestioning worship and adoration at every turn.

The main ones who are active over there are the Cruz Derangement Syndrome, populist loving, conservative hating ZOG conspiracy types.

Those of us who see through The Orange One's BS will not be silenced by keyboard bullies (or real ones). Period.

I will happily, proudly vote 3rd party. I will not put my name beside either Hillary or Trump. I can't and won't endorse either of them. I have to answer to God and His opinion of my vote is more important than yours.
2016 shows that most so-called conservatives & liberals want a tyrant, not a leader; Americans want a monarchy, not a republic.

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." John Quincy Adams

"Sometimes the only choices you have are bad ones but you still have to choose."The 12th Dr. Who

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #360 on: July 04, 2016, 09:11:14 pm »
Then either get the Mods to ZOT us, or go back to FreeRepublic.

At least we know where you stand, morally, on the issue. 

And before you beat up on the ladies, tough guy, come meet my fist.

Our. Mods do not Zot! And DC has been with us since the beginning!

Now after explaining that, both of you should calm down.
Thanks! :patriot:
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 09:11:50 pm by Repub4Trump »

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #361 on: July 04, 2016, 09:14:10 pm »
Clarification, Repub............ is everyone who maintains Biblical moral standards and opposes Trump on the basis of those standards "holier than thou" in your view?

I mean, is there anyone who, in your estimation, has the right to hold on to absolute values without feeling the brunt of your condemnation?

I have been called many, many names by Trump supporters simply because I recognize Donald Trump as an unrepentant sinner, and a serial adulterer, and believe that his absolute lack of character would be deadly in a President.

Is that "knee jerk" and "holier than thou" in your view................ OR, do I have the right to believe what Christians have believed for centuries without being mocked by people like your buddy, RiV?  (And you??)
Take it as you want!
I was not talking to you, and. No one is mocking you! Stop the drama!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 09:15:16 pm by Repub4Trump »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #362 on: July 04, 2016, 09:23:07 pm »
I am a Trump supporter and as long as I am here, the Trump supporters will be too!!!
You got that! Now stop posting insulting personal attacks!

I hope very much that you have the clout to oppose INVAR, and his violent remarks. His "swords" and his "cut down such people" references, are beyond ridiculous.

It is way over the top, and is damaging this site, of yours. The site is coming to reflect only the fringe of the fringe. IMO
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #363 on: July 04, 2016, 09:23:55 pm »
LOL.  When the Mod is adding to the drama they are saying to end.  I am seriously laughing at this thread.  Maybe I will start a new topic... "A personal insult is neither personal nor insulting."  Discuss.

I'd actually rather see outright insults "You're a dumba**"  "You smell like cheese."  than the thinly veiled supposed personal insults and threats that permeate just about every thread.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #364 on: July 04, 2016, 09:29:24 pm »
I hope very much that you have the clout to oppose INVAR, and his violent remarks. His "swords" and his "cut down such people" references, are beyond ridiculous.

It is way over the top, and is damaging this site, of yours. The site is coming to reflect only the fringe of the fringe. IMO

There are people in both camps that express themselves that way.   

Offline musiclady

« Reply #365 on: July 04, 2016, 09:29:39 pm »
Take it as you want!
I was not talking to you, and. No one is mocking you! Stop the drama!

Drama??  Moi??

I think not!  (Now you can calm down).

(btw, I didn't think it was a rule of the forum not to respond to a comment when the poster "was not talking" to me.  I will remember that, and only talk to you if you talk to me first.  Mea culpa......  )

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #366 on: July 04, 2016, 09:31:02 pm »

You mean like the reflection of the Trump fringe??

I'd like to get rid of that too, but unlike you, I believe in free speech.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #367 on: July 04, 2016, 09:31:48 pm »
LOL.  When the Mod is adding to the drama they are saying to end.  I am seriously laughing at this thread.  Maybe I will start a new topic... "A personal insult is neither personal nor insulting."  Discuss.

I'd actually rather see outright insults "You're a dumba**"  "You smell like cheese."  than the thinly veiled supposed personal insults and threats that permeate just about every thread.

It will be shut down soon.

You can take that to the bank.....

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #368 on: July 04, 2016, 09:36:29 pm »
It will be shut down soon.

You can take that to the bank.....

Yep CIAO!

THIS THREAD IS SERVING NO PURPOSE ANYWAY!