Author Topic: LET'S SEE.... WHAT ARE MY CHOICES.?  (Read 10248 times)

Offline verga

Re: LET'S SEE.... WHAT ARE MY CHOICES.?
« Reply #275 on: July 04, 2016, 11:09:02 am »
I am a member of the GOP, always have been always will be!

Over the years on the Internet I have noticed......
  People who run from party to party are never satisfied!
It is best to leave them be
It is usually the same kind of people, who think they are more important than they are.
@Repub4Trump https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump
Trump's party affiliation has changed over the years. Although his party affiliation prior to 1987 is unclear, Trump was an early supporter of Republican Ronald Reagan for U.S. President in the late 70s. In 1987 he registered as a Republican until 1999. He then switched to the Reform Party for three years and ran a presidential exploratory campaign for its nomination. After his run, Trump left the party in 2001 due to the involvement of David Duke, Pat Buchanan and Lenora Fulani within the party. From 2001 to 2009 he was a Democrat and then switched back to the Republican Party in 2009 after endorsing Republican John McCain for President. In December 2011, Trump became an Independent for five months, before returning to the Republican Party, where he has pledged to stay
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #276 on: July 04, 2016, 12:16:39 pm »
Which is worse: the bankruptcy lawyer, or the four-times bankrupt adulterer?

FIVE times! Gaaah!!!

People always leave out his moral bankruptcy!
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #277 on: July 04, 2016, 01:35:21 pm »
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 01:36:10 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #278 on: July 04, 2016, 01:44:16 pm »

What a false argument, DC.  There is not one person who opposes Trump who demands a "perfect" candidate.

But of course, you have to make false accusations in order to support a deeply flawed, corrupt, deceitful, moral degenerate like Trump.

You can't make arguments FOR him........since there are none..... so you are left with disparaging everyone who can't support him by accusing them of demanding "perfection."

Lame.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #279 on: July 04, 2016, 01:45:39 pm »
It is very informative to discover the recent refugees as a group, seem to favor a minor political party, which has won 0.15% and 0.10%, respectively in the two most recent general elections.

Pat Buchanan did FIVE times better than that, in 2000, when it could logically be claimed his 0.5% jeopardized the Bush narrow electoral college win.

That fact alone, has transformed this site from highly relevant, to utterly irrelevant. Dale Carnegies, these folks are clearly not. By that I mean nobody is being converter or persuaded, by #nevertrump grumpy arguments.

Have you forgotten history?  In 1856, the GOP was a minority party and won in the following election.  In fact, prior to 1856, the GOP didn't even exist.  So...can history repeat?  Ye of no faith!
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #280 on: July 04, 2016, 01:46:57 pm »
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 01:49:06 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #281 on: July 04, 2016, 01:47:50 pm »
What a false argument, DC.  There is not one person who opposes Trump who demands a "perfect" candidate.

But of course, you have to make false accusations in order to support a deeply flawed, corrupt, deceitful, moral degenerate like Trump.

You can't make arguments FOR him........since there are none..... so you are left with disparaging everyone who can't support him by accusing them of demanding "perfection."

Lame.

:amen:  Well said! Nothing new and entirely tiresome!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #282 on: July 04, 2016, 01:50:20 pm »

Lame.

I call this one, "Victor with the MusicLady".       :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #283 on: July 04, 2016, 01:52:06 pm »

I call this one, "Victor with the MusicLady".       :laugh:

Again, because there are NO arguments for Trump, you resort to lame ad hominems instead of admitting that your premise that we are demanding "perfection" is a total crock.

You can't win this DC, because truth is not on your side.  Stop fooling yourself into thinking you're being clever.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #284 on: July 04, 2016, 01:54:30 pm »
If that is so, then how come Cruz, Sessions and others remain in this (unacceptable to you) party?

Answer: Because fringe minor parties have no chance, plain and simple. Like it or not, it is the fact.

Sessions has been bought and paid for by Trump to get Alabama's vote.  Cruz, because of Texas politics, is positioning for reelection to the Senate in 2 years.  But if the GOP doesn't shape up and the likes of McConnell and Cornyn keep pissing him off, he could shake up the party.  IF he the GOP holds on after this election cycle, Cruz, Lee and a few other could easily take the majority away from McConnell and Cornyn by even just becoming independents in the Senate.  THEN neither so your entrenched major parties would hold power.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline skeeter

« Reply #285 on: July 04, 2016, 01:56:09 pm »
@Repub4Trump https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump
Trump's party affiliation has changed over the years. Although his party affiliation prior to 1987 is unclear, Trump was an early supporter of Republican Ronald Reagan for U.S. President in the late 70s. In 1987 he registered as a Republican until 1999. He then switched to the Reform Party for three years and ran a presidential exploratory campaign for its nomination. After his run, Trump left the party in 2001 due to the involvement of David Duke, Pat Buchanan and Lenora Fulani within the party. From 2001 to 2009 he was a Democrat and then switched back to the Republican Party in 2009 after endorsing Republican John McCain for President. In December 2011, Trump became an Independent for five months, before returning to the Republican Party, where he has pledged to stay

In his celebrated book Trump pretty much accused Reagan of being vacuous and not entirely there.

Recently he denied knowing who David Duke was.

A couple of thoughts I had while reading this bio.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #286 on: July 04, 2016, 01:56:28 pm »
Again, because there are NO arguments for Trump, you resort to lame ad hominems instead of admitting that your premise that we are demanding "perfection" is a total crock.

You can't win this DC, because truth is not on your side.  Stop fooling yourself into thinking you're being clever.

ROFL!  So...now my innocent graphic is considered an ad hominem?

I thought it cute...it fits you so well...getting the vapors over a simple FB meme suggesting that a "perfect man" is easy to find in a "Trumpeter".

Carry on, dear.    :seeya:

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #287 on: July 04, 2016, 01:57:15 pm »
Blah blah  blah!

I am a member of the GOP, always have been always will be!

Over the years on the Internet I have noticed......

People who run from party to party are never satisfied!
Just as people who move from church to church, leave when the going gets rough!

It is best to leave them be

It is usually the same kind of people, who think they are more important than they are.

That sounds just like the DemRats, union types, or uninformed voters.  Vote for the party, no matter what loser the propose.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #288 on: July 04, 2016, 02:02:32 pm »

Lame.

During the primaries Trump fans continuously slammed Cruz for two or three votes of his - raising the cap on H1Bs and initial support of TPA and I can't recall a third... Because of these Cruz with his 97% ACU rating was totally unacceptable to them.

Now here they are accusing anyone not on board with Trump of being perfectionists. Irony.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #289 on: July 04, 2016, 02:02:53 pm »
There are only 6 or 8 active Trump supporters on this site. I'm guessing the anti-Trumps are better than 30 or 40.

I think he can be confident.

LOL!  So, you're telling us that "30 or 40" #nevertrumps are going to sway the election?   

You're here in a corner of the internet talking to no more than 50 people...period.

It's a BIG country...filled with lots of angry people.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #290 on: July 04, 2016, 02:03:04 pm »
Since we were talking about personal attacks on this thread earlier I was wondering,  if I called you a butthole for calling me stupid "can you tell the difference between 51% and 0.15%" would that be any different of a personal attack than you calling me stupid?

Go take a look at the republican platform in the Worldview area.  It's broken down by section.  I'll be happy to have a conversation with you about it there.  No one else wanted to discuss it.  Actually I think I have one last section to post, maybe I'll get to that sometime tomorrow.  In the 23 years I've been a republican I hadn't read it before.  I was surprised at some of the things in it.  I do not have it committed to memory.  Have you read it that many times that you remember it or do you have a photographic memory?  Impressive either way.

Just like you don't care about Trump running a bogus "university", I don't care about Castle being an attorney.  I guess we all have our faults.
Kudos @RoosGirl. Nicely stated.  At some point, it would be interesting to have a thread or threads on the comparison of all party platforms, point by point.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #291 on: July 04, 2016, 02:05:54 pm »

I thought it cute...it fits you so well...getting the vapors over a simple FB meme suggesting that a "perfect man" is easy to find in a "Trumpeter".

LOL!  Once again, trying hard to be clever.

And falling short of the mark.

And once again, it's because there is not a single legitimate argument you can use to defend your losing candidate.

But that's OK.  You have to live with the guilt of electing Hillary.

I don't.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #292 on: July 04, 2016, 02:06:42 pm »
LOL!  So, you're telling us that "30 or 40" #nevertrumps are going to sway the election?   

You're here in a corner of the internet talking to no more than 50 people...period.

It's a BIG country...filled with lots of angry people.

If this site is representative (and I think it is), the number of Trump supporters is about 38% of the population.   That's where Trump is on the RCP averages.  Can't win an election with 38%.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #293 on: July 04, 2016, 02:08:15 pm »
During the primaries Trump fans continuously slammed Cruz for two or three votes of his - raising the cap on H1Bs and initial support of TPA and I can't recall a third... Because of these Cruz with his 97% ACU rating was totally unacceptable to them.

Now here they are accusing anyone not on board with Trump of being perfectionists. Irony.

Being consistent is not a strong suit of Trump supporters.

Being hypocritical and projecting their own inadequacies are what they do best.

Silver Pines

« Reply #294 on: July 04, 2016, 02:10:30 pm »
...." we aren't here to to be silent,.....but we're sitting behind keyboards, not rocket launchers."  .....

LOLOL....Good one Catherine of Aragon! Perfect! ......I sometimes picture this with how some of the threads go...LOLOL.....

Yep, there it is, all right...perfect representation, I imagine!

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #295 on: July 04, 2016, 02:12:32 pm »

@DCPatriot @musiclady

A picture is worth a thousand words.  Isn't that the saying?

I guess it is unless you're trying to avoid taking responsibility for things you've posted.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #296 on: July 04, 2016, 02:13:30 pm »

Donald J. Trump
‏@realDonaldTrump
Dishonest media is trying their absolute best to depict a star in a tweet as the Star of David rather than a Sheriff's Star, or plain star

I smell fear from Trump.

If it was a plain star, Donald, why did you take it down?

Silver Pines

« Reply #297 on: July 04, 2016, 02:14:11 pm »
The battleground of ideas and policies is fought with words.  That translates to rulers who act upon those words.

Words will lead to peace and prosperity, or subjugation and bloodshed depending on which words prevail first.

The War of Independence was first fought in the pulpits of the Churches in the Colonies a decade-plus before the first shot was fired.

This is a war.  Whether you would want one or not.

Words on a forum have nothing to do with subjugation and bloodshed, and if we think so, we're in some kind of fantasyland that exists as an excuse for us to behave like a rage addict.

Those are high-minded words, but you're just on the internet, Invar.  For God's sake, tone down the rage, please?

I'm done.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #298 on: July 04, 2016, 02:16:50 pm »
If this site is representative (and I think it is), the number of Trump supporters is about 38% of the population.   That's where Trump is on the RCP averages.  Can't win an election with 38%.
No this site is in no way representative of whats out there The only reason there as many of you as there are is because a much larger forum purged the few who are attacking Trump. 

The fact is online most people attacking Trump are not Republicans although they may claim to be.  Most people have moved on and are not emotionally driven to hurt the mean man regardless of the consequences - its not a rational position. 
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Silver Pines

« Reply #299 on: July 04, 2016, 02:18:44 pm »
Agreed. People are looking for Mr. Perfect. If that is their desire then fine. But I know, I'm not going to get the perfect candidate it be Mitt or whomever.

No one is looking for Mr. Perfect because he doesn't exist.  Then again, Mr. (and Mrs.) Disgustingly Horribly Sleaze-Coated Unacceptable are not viable options, either.