Author Topic: Trump: Cruz, Kasich Shouldn't Speak At Convention Without Endorsement  (Read 5329 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
What an arrogant S.O.B!  Obviously once again Trump is opening his mouth without know what he's talking about; he's spewing his ugliness without knowing what the rules are. Under the party rules, Trump cannot deny Cruz from speaking!!

Trump: Cruz, Kasich shouldn't speak at convention without endorsement

Donald Trump won't invite former rivals Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) and Gov. John Kasich of Ohio to speak at the Republican National Convention without endorsements from both, he told The New York Times.

"If there's no endorsement, then I would not invite them to speak," Trump said.

Trump's comments come as his campaign and the Republican National Committee work to ensure next month's convention goes as smoothly as possible.

There have been rumblings that displeased delegates will stage a revolt to try to oust the presumptive Republican nominee, but RNC leaders are threatening to withhold speaking slots and warning that attempting to undermine Trump violates party rules, The Times reported.

Trump told the Times his opponents will fail in derailing his nomination.

"You mean to tell me we're going to get the largest vote in his history of the Republican primaries and now the same people that either didn't run or get beaten in a landslide are going to try and back-end?" Trump said.

"My supporters are tremendously loyal to me. They would not stand for it." 

Under party rules, Trump cannot deny Cruz a speaking opportunity. Because Cruz won a majority of delegates in at least eight states, he will likely have his name entered into nomination, guaranteeing him a speaking spot. ...

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/284956-trump-wont-invite-cruz-kasich-to-speak-at-convention

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Mechanicos

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Right_in_Virginia

"If there's no endorsement, then I would not invite them to speak," Trump said.

Damn, effing right!    :thumbsup2:

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

Please explain Trump's connections to Soros.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

??? Except ... Trump doesn't get to make the rules at the Convention!!   :silly: :silly:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Silver Pines

Trump can go to hell.

Speaking of which, are we to take this as evidence that his new Christian life is producing good fruit?

Offline Mechanicos

Please explain Trump's connections to Soros.
When one needs to borrow a tens of millions of dollars to build a mega structure one goes to private sources if possible - its cheaper and less headaches then banks. Soros was just one of many such super rich people who have invested in Trumps Businesses over the years. Hes a good risk for them because he delivers. A one percent bankruptcy rate in real estate development is a phenomenal business record that people with lots of money want a part of so as to enrich themselves even more.

If you had a few hundred million laying around in a bank someplace drawing their pitiful percent interest and had a chance to earn a return of a higher percent in a relatively short time you would be interested in doing it.  Same with Trump. Construction loans are not cheap from Banks. Both parties can win win doing it private. Trump gets a lower cost of interest and less headaches and Soros, et al can get a higher ROI then they would if they left it sitting in a bank someplace.

Its a common business practice. Has nothing to do with politics. 

"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Trump can go to hell.

Speaking of which, are we to take this as evidence that his new Christian life is producing good fruit?

:pigs fly:  I didn't know that Trump had a new Christian life.  Silly me, I guess I haven't been paying attention!  :silly:

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Its a common business practice. Has nothing to do with politics.

:silly:  If you say so!   :2popcorn:

Offline Mechanicos

Trump can go to hell.

Yes because its biblical. Titus 3:10-11

Offline skeeter

Re: Trump: Cruz, Kasich Shouldn't Speak At Convention Without Endorsement
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2016, 12:06:20 am »
Trump can go to hell.

Trump obviously still does not get it.

He's being nominated president, not coronated king.

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2016, 12:07:46 am »
??? Except ... Trump doesn't get to make the rules at the Convention!!   :silly: :silly:

7:00 am speaking slot for Rafael.  Yeah, that'll work.

And fingers crossed that the little microphone mishap in NYC - -  or worse - - doesn't happen in Cleveland.   888blackhat

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2016, 12:09:22 am »

Exactly. He remains clueless.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2016, 12:11:12 am »

"Silence the dissenters unless they kiss the ring!

I won the party primary. To hell with the record number of votes against me. It's MY party now!

Carl, you know what to do if anybody gets too, um, uppity..."
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Oceander

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2016, 12:11:20 am »

Exactly

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2016, 12:13:35 am »
English people English. Shouldn't is not the same as saying WILL NOT. And hes right. If they are going to cause trouble by being Jerks why have them there. Not like there will not be enough trouble going on anyway.

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2016, 12:15:16 am »
Exactly. He remains clueless.

Watch and learn.

Silver Pines

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2016, 12:16:10 am »
:pigs fly:  I didn't know that Trump had a new Christian life.  Silly me, I guess I haven't been paying attention!  :silly:

Oh, yes, according to James Dobson.  He knows all about it....said he knows the man who helped Trump get saved, and that it happened recently, then said he didn't know when it happened...

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,213441.0/topicseen.html

Silver Pines

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2016, 12:17:49 am »
Yes because its biblical. Titus 3:10-11

10 Warn a divisive person once, and then warn them a second time. After that, have nothing to do with them. 11 You may be sure that such people are warped and sinful; they are self-condemned.

LOL!

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2016, 12:18:05 am »
"Silence theo dissenters unless they kiss the ring!

Nope.  We just don't want Lyin' Ted to feel uncomfortable.  He endorses Trump before the convention, or we'll accept his resignation from the festivities.  It's just that simple.  The debate is over.  Rafael catches up ... or he stays behind.  The choice is his.

BTW, is your new avatar a selfie?

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2016, 12:18:45 am »
Oh, yes, according to James Dobson.  He knows all about it....said he knows the man who helped Trump get saved, and that it happened recently, then said he didn't know when it happened...

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,213441.0/topicseen.html

Not buying it until I see Micah 6:8 in his life.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2016, 12:19:19 am »
English people English. Shouldn't is not the same as saying WILL NOT. And hes right. If they are going to cause trouble by being Jerks why have them there. Not like there will not be enough trouble going on anyway.

??? What have you been smokin' tonight?  Who said anything about them or anybody else causing trouble?? Why would you assume that they would say anything to create trouble??  The only one that instigates trouble by being a jerk is Trump himself! 

"Not like there will not be enough trouble going on anyway"???? Really?  Please enlighten us as to what's going to happen.

Silver Pines

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2016, 12:19:28 am »

In his mind, he could only be king.  I'd love to tell him what he is in my mind.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2016, 12:20:08 am »
The erogence of bombastic orange buffoon who knows not went to shut his flappin trap!
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2016, 12:21:28 am »

:spam2:

Stay on topic @CatherineofAragon    For once, stop the diversions.