Author Topic: Trump shifts immigration plan: No 'mass deportations'  (Read 11582 times)

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
Re: Trump shifts immigration plan: No 'mass deportations'
« Reply #175 on: June 27, 2016, 12:12:14 am »
That was 2011 here he is again in 2013,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CwVrfydjOI

This was Cruz's view on immigration in 2011 when he was running for Senate.  There is no change in his views.

https://youtu.be/T0h3Mu8BbjM
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #176 on: June 27, 2016, 12:14:48 am »
The gang of 8 bill was introduced in 2013.
Then you messed up since I showed him pushing Amnesty in 2011...
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #177 on: June 27, 2016, 12:26:54 am »

Where did you show him pushing amnesty in 2011?  He was running for Senate in 2011.  You think Texans are voting in 2011 for a man that is pushing amnesty?  I'm laughing out loud here.
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #178 on: June 27, 2016, 12:29:47 am »

I think you are confused by that out of context audio snip YouTube that you posted.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #179 on: June 27, 2016, 12:30:08 am »
That is unexusable to pay nurses those wages.  And I could make more flipping burgers.

My soon to be 84 yo mom and 91 yo dad a vet of WWII and the Okinawa landing must have home care just to live day to day. We have been through so many home care agencies and CNAs. It's just pathetic that you can't get quality people at those wages, especially in a large metro area such as San Antonio which is at full employment. Some agencies pay a bit more, but with no benefits.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #180 on: June 27, 2016, 01:45:48 am »
Where did you show him pushing amnesty in 2011?  He was running for Senate in 2011.  You think Texans are voting in 2011 for a man that is pushing amnesty?  I'm laughing out loud here.

Sorry it was where he said 11 million illegals were eligible for Amnesty. Not 2011.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuGzdyt0xOc
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #181 on: June 27, 2016, 01:57:48 am »
My soon to be 84 yo mom and 91 yo dad a vet of WWII and the Okinawa landing must have home care just to live day to day. We have been through so many home care agencies and CNAs. It's just pathetic that you can't get quality people at those wages, especially in a large metro area such as San Antonio which is at full employment. Some agencies pay a bit more, but with no benefits.

Wow, that is pathetic.  You must very proud of your folks.  I remember when my dad had home care.  It was hard for us also.  They were falling asleep.  Not paying attention or eating all of his food in the fridge.  He didn't want to leave his home.  Couldn't blame him.  He finally did get one that was very good but we went through several who weren't doing their job. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #182 on: June 27, 2016, 02:07:27 am »
Sorry it was where he said 11 million illegals were eligible for Amnesty. Not 2011.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuGzdyt0xOc

You don't even know the context in which that quote came, do you?  The gang of 8 gang said their little bill was just to bring all those illegals out of the shadows.  Cruz knew that was bull. He wrote an amendment to the bill.  The amendment said that the illegals would be recognized, but they would not ever receive a path to citizenship and would not ever be able to vote.  Cruz exposed the gang of 8 supporters for the amnesty supporters that they were. They wouldn't even allow Cruz to present his amendment on the floor, but Cruz got the message across, loud and clear, and the gang of eight bill supporters received a backlash from their constituents. 

Cruz said that if they would have added his amendment to the bill he would have voted for it even though it could have given the illegals residence status because it would have insured border security and stopped any further illegal immigration.  It would have insured that the illegals in the country would never get citizenship or be able to vote because they entered the country illegally. It was a gamble and compromise he was willing to take because he doesn't just talk, he stands behind his convictions with action. What has always been important to Cruz and what he still stands for is a secure border FIRST and NO path to citizenship. He has never walked back from that.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #183 on: June 27, 2016, 02:22:05 am »
Wow, that is pathetic.  You must very proud of your folks.  I remember when my dad had home care.  It was hard for us also.  They were falling asleep.  Not paying attention or eating all of his food in the fridge.  He didn't want to leave his home.  Couldn't blame him.  He finally did get one that was very good but we went through several who weren't doing their job.
I am. And it's hard to get good help when the prevailing wage for this type of work is so low. So the point was that I have no sympathy for those flipping burgers wanting 15 or 20 bucks an hour. They should try something that requires a little effort like trying to transfer a 230 pound old man from a chair or bed to a wheelchair without dropping him on the floor, or changing dirty pants because they lit him sit in one spot too long.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

HonestJohn

« Reply #184 on: June 27, 2016, 02:31:45 am »
I am. And it's hard to get good help when the prevailing wage for this type of work is so low. So the point was that I have no sympathy for those flipping burgers wanting 15 or 20 bucks an hour. They should try something that requires a little effort like trying to transfer a 230 pound old man from a chair or bed to a wheelchair without dropping him on the floor, or changing dirty pants because they lit him sit in one spot too long.

According to Payscale, the average wage for a nurses assistant is $11.00/hr.  If the minimum wage goes to $15/hr, then that should increase as well.  Maybe they'll see the pay boost matched?  Then they'd get roughly $18/hr.  That'd attract a more committed group of employees.

And even if the pay didn't increase to match, they'd still see a $4/hr boost in pay.  That's worth something, at least.

Finally, it really doesn't matter if the employee is a burger-flipper or not, what should matter is if they are a good employee.  No matter the job, a hard-working employee should be able to feed, clothe, and house at least themselves and their family without government assistance.  (and get to/from work)

Personally, I think that if a company wants to pay a person so little that they'd die without help... then help should be available.  But at the end of the day, that help will be billed to the company.  That way, it makes more sense to simply cut out the middleman and actually pay a person enough to live on.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #185 on: June 27, 2016, 02:34:25 am »
You don't even know the context in which that quote came, do you?  The gang of 8 gang said their little bill was just to bring all those illegals out of the shadows.  Cruz knew that was bull. He wrote an amendment to the bill.  The amendment said that the illegals would be recognized, but they would not ever receive a path to citizenship and would not ever be able to vote.  Cruz exposed the gang of 8 supporters for the amnesty supporters that they were. They wouldn't even allow Cruz to present his amendment on the floor, but Cruz got the message across, loud and clear, and the gang of eight bill supporters received a backlash from their constituents. 

Cruz said that if they would have added his amendment to the bill he would have voted for it even though it could have given the illegals residence status because it would have insured border security and stopped any further illegal immigration.  It would have insured that the illegals in the country would never get citizenship or be able to vote because they entered the country illegally. It was a gamble and compromise he was willing to take because he doesn't just talk, he stands behind his convictions with action. What has always been important to Cruz and what he still stands for is a secure border FIRST and NO path to citizenship. He has never walked back from that.
Oh please, Did you ever look at the NAU plan his wife is  co-author on from her CFR position?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXcYCwaBKnQ&app=desktop

Hes NOT the man you think he is.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #186 on: June 27, 2016, 02:40:29 am »
Oh please, Did you ever look at the NAU plan his wife is  co-author on from her CFR position?

Well, we KNOW Trump is every bit the sonofabitch we think he is.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #187 on: June 27, 2016, 02:47:04 am »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #188 on: June 27, 2016, 02:51:06 am »

I think burger flippers is usually a job for youth who are getting their first jobs.  Unless it is an expensive restaurant.  Can't imagine 20 buck an hour but I suppose if the restaurant serves rib eye, crab and lobster too?  I still say it is inexcusable to pay any person who has medical training less than burger flippers.  Shame.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #189 on: June 27, 2016, 02:59:07 am »

Well done @LilLamb .  You proved @Mechanicos wrong on this one.  The least he could have done is acknowledge his error and thank you for presenting the correct information.  I see he is being dishonorabke though and moving on to attacking Cruz's wife.  So, I will thank you for presenting the correct information and acknowledge @Mechanicos error.  :)

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #190 on: June 27, 2016, 03:04:29 am »
According to Payscale, the average wage for a nurses assistant is $11.00/hr.  If the minimum wage goes to $15/hr, then that should increase as well.  Maybe they'll see the pay boost matched?  Then they'd get roughly $18/hr.  That'd attract a more committed group of employees.

And even if the pay didn't increase to match, they'd still see a $4/hr boost in pay.  That's worth something, at least.

Finally, it really doesn't matter if the employee is a burger-flipper or not, what should matter is if they are a good employee.  No matter the job, a hard-working employee should be able to feed, clothe, and house at least themselves and their family without government assistance.  (and get to/from work)

Personally, I think that if a company wants to pay a person so little that they'd die without help... then help should be available.  But at the end of the day, that help will be billed to the company.  That way, it makes more sense to simply cut out the middleman and actually pay a person enough to live on.

I wholeheartedly disagree with minimum wages legislated by governments. The government at any level has no business telling business what they should be paying people. That is what gets us into this mess. The cost of labor to a business is usually about 100% of the pay rate because of taxes, benefits, overhead and profits.  So if a business pays more, then usually the first thing cut is benefits, because Uncle Sugar won't let you cheat them, unless you are a Trump or Clinton.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #191 on: June 27, 2016, 03:10:21 am »
Well done @LilLamb .  You proved @Mechanicos wrong on this one.  The least he could have done is acknowledge his error and thank you for presenting the correct information.  I see he is being dishonorabke though and moving on to attacking Cruz's wife.  So, I will thank you for presenting the correct information and acknowledge @Mechanicos error.  :)
Not quite, the guy I have proven lied to you, Cruz, is the one telling you this.
The Gay donors issue alone proves he lied to you. The Time line on the Carson CNN thing prove he lies. etc. So all you have so far is  his word to attack me with. You will need better.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #192 on: June 27, 2016, 03:26:51 am »
Not quite, the guy I have proven lied to you, Cruz, is the one telling you this.
The Gay donors issue alone proves he lied to you. The Time line on the Carson CNN thing prove he lies. etc. So all you have so far is  his word to attack me with. You will need better.

I didn't realize we were talking about all of those things.  I thought we were talking about some "proof" you posted of Cruz supporting amnesty and @LilLamb handed you your ass on it because you took things out of context, were wrong and won't admit it.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #193 on: June 27, 2016, 03:31:48 am »
I didn't realize we were talking about all of those things.  I thought we were talking about some "proof" you posted of Cruz supporting amnesty and @LilLamb handed you your ass on it because you took things out of context, were wrong and won't admit it.
I have only Cruz's word for what he said his reasons were. And as you can presume I consider him a liar. I do not buy his excuses.  The Video below goes into why he has a reason to want open borders:

« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 03:32:24 am by Mechanicos »

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #194 on: June 27, 2016, 04:11:33 am »

Here is Heidi's one paragraph in the report. The paragraph was listed under "Additional and Dissenting Views".

"I support the Task Force report and its recommendations aimed at building a safer and more prosperous North America. Economic prosperity and a world safe from terrorism and other security threats are no doubt inextricably linked. While governments play an invaluable role in both regards, we must emphasize the imperative that economic investment be led and perpetuated by the private sector. There is no force proven like the market for aligning incentives, sourcing capital, and producing results like financial markets and profit-making businesses. This is simply necessary to sustain a higher living standard for the poorest among us – truly the measure of our success. As such, investment funds and financing mechanisms should be deemed attractive instruments by those committing the capital and should only be developed in conjunction with market participants."
http://www.wnd.com/2015/03/ted-cruz-again-battles-globalist-charge-against-wife/

I think she makes a clear statement that she is against government control and makes good case for the private sector and free markets over government control. Do you disagree?

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #195 on: June 27, 2016, 04:13:07 am »
I have only Cruz's word for what he said his reasons were. And as you can presume I consider him a liar. I do not buy his excuses.  The Video below goes into why he has a reason to want open borders:

Wow, yeah, that Reagan was some sick, evil bastard wasn't he?  I bet he's really still alive and pulling the strings at the RNC to steal the nomination from Trump and give it to Cruz.

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #196 on: June 27, 2016, 04:26:42 am »

I got a few minutes into that steaming pile of a video and they trash Ronald Reagan!?!  Wow, everyone hate Ted because he is more like Ronald Reagan than Donald Trump.  I need to invest in aluminum foil while all you people are running around finding conspiracies to pitch for Trump.  Holy cow, dude!  I just can't believe this crap!

I self edited out my cuss word. Dude, you made me cuss!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 04:29:11 am by LilLamb »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #197 on: June 27, 2016, 04:39:13 am »
The only way #NeverTrump dies is if the Convention dumps Trump.

Or if Trump suddenly decides to become a Conservative.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #198 on: June 27, 2016, 05:29:53 am »
Here is Heidi's one paragraph in the report. The paragraph was listed under "Additional and Dissenting Views".

"I support the Task Force report and its recommendations aimed at building a safer and more prosperous North America. Economic prosperity and a world safe from terrorism and other security threats are no doubt inextricably linked. While governments play an invaluable role in both regards, we must emphasize the imperative that economic investment be led and perpetuated by the private sector. There is no force proven like the market for aligning incentives, sourcing capital, and producing results like financial markets and profit-making businesses. This is simply necessary to sustain a higher living standard for the poorest among us – truly the measure of our success. As such, investment funds and financing mechanisms should be deemed attractive instruments by those committing the capital and should only be developed in conjunction with market participants."
http://www.wnd.com/2015/03/ted-cruz-again-battles-globalist-charge-against-wife/

I think she makes a clear statement that she is against government control and makes good case for the private sector and free markets over government control. Do you disagree?
Thank you for proving me correct. She supported the North American Union. Your own post proves it.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #199 on: June 27, 2016, 05:56:45 am »
Thank you for proving me correct. She supported the North American Union. Your own post proves it.

She is supporting the recommendations aimed at building a safer and more prosperous North America within the Task Force report.  Did one of the recommendations aimed at building a safer and more prosperous North America within the report include combining Canada, USA & Mexico into a North American Union?
Would a safer and more prosperous North America be a bad thing for the USA?