Author Topic: Trump shifts immigration plan: No 'mass deportations'  (Read 11490 times)

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Re: Trump shifts immigration plan: No 'mass deportations'
« Reply #100 on: June 26, 2016, 01:15:50 am »
@cuky

Well, he's pulled out the "cuck" card, so you can tell he's desperate, lol.

You know, I tell myself I should feel sorry for some of these Trump supporters.  They're seeing his abysmal numbers, and watching him melt down with one lie and flip-flop after another, and you know they must be frantic.  They've invested so much emotion and meaning into him.  So they're trying to save face with everything they have.  Yes, I tell myself I should have sympathy for them.

Then I come to my senses and I say, "Naaaahhhh."

:silly:
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 01:17:21 am by Gov Bean Counter »
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #101 on: June 26, 2016, 01:16:30 am »
A nothing burger. There is no need to depot all of the illegals. Should have studied history. Only need to remove the incentives to stay and deport a small percent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Wetback

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/immigration-reform

I think I heard something like that during the Primaries.  You know about removing the incentives and enforcing the existing law which would encourage those here illegally to leave and discourage new border crossings.   Wish I could remember which candidate had that plan!
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

geronl

« Reply #102 on: June 26, 2016, 01:23:18 am »
By the time the convention rolls around he will be bashing Obama for being so hard on illegals. lol.

"Obama has no heart for these poor foreigners who came from overseas countries like Mexico..."

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #103 on: June 26, 2016, 01:30:46 am »
I think I heard something like that during the Primaries.  You know about removing the incentives and enforcing the existing law which would encourage those here illegally to leave and discourage new border crossings.   Wish I could remember which candidate had that plan!

What we should always do.  Enforce the laws.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

HonestJohn

« Reply #104 on: June 26, 2016, 02:58:25 am »
@cuky

Well, he's pulled out the "cuck" card, so you can tell he's desperate, lol.

You know, I tell myself I should feel sorry for some of these Trump supporters.  They're seeing his abysmal numbers, and watching him melt down with one lie and flip-flop after another, and you know they must be frantic.  They've invested so much emotion and meaning into him.  So they're trying to save face with everything they have.  Yes, I tell myself I should have sympathy for them.

Then I come to my senses and I say, "Naaaahhhh."

It's also veritable proof of a member of the "alt-right".  No one else uses the term.

geronl

« Reply #105 on: June 26, 2016, 03:27:23 am »
Men in the girls bathrooms, gay marriage as "law of the land", 2nd amendment is negotiable, shut down parts of the internet, make it easier to sue the press and now moving to Obama's left on immigration....

SSSooooo conservative.... NOT

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #106 on: June 26, 2016, 03:46:50 am »
Trump interview with Bret Baier, Trump starts off calling him "Brad", which gave me a chuckle.

Bret: THis whole issue of deportation has really become a central focus over the last few days. You had Hillary Clinton jump on this right away, tweet out "The idea of tracking down and deporting 11 million people is absurd, inhumane and un-American. No, Trump"  You told Bill O'Reilly last night that the deportation you favor would be quote "very humane".  So what, specifically, do you have in mind there?

Trump:  Well, first of all it's not only deportation.  It's building a wall, and I mean a real wall.  Mexico will pay for the wall.  Most politicians wouldn't understand how you'd go about doing that.  It'll happen.  It's basically quite simple, but it's going to be done in a very humane fashion.  People will have to go out if they are illegal immigrants.  They came in illegally.  They have to go out and they have to come back legally.  Bret, there will be a deportation and hopefully they'll be able to come back in to the country and that'll be fine.

Bret:  You concede it will be logistically very difficult and very expensive.

Trump:  Not if it's managed properly.

Trump further talks about expense of illegals in the country and says that the other candidates won't be able to take care of illegal immigration because they're not competent people.

[snip]

Bret:  Let me ask you about something else you said.  Back in 2012 you criticized Mitt Romney's proposed self-deportation because you said it was crazy and too mean spirited.  So, is self-deportation really crazy and too mean spirited when compared to deportation?

Trump:  No, I said it was crazy because it doesn't work. He was talking about people are going to just walk out of the country.

Bret: [interrupts] But mean spirited?

Trump: [talking over the interruption] I never said that. I said. I criticized it because it's something that doesn't work. Yeah, it's mean spirited.  It's mean spirited because it just doesn't work at all, Bret.  This would never have worked.  Look, I want people to go out and to have to come in through the legal process.

Bret:  If Mitt Romney was mean spirited by what he said in the campaign of 2012 you're saying things have changed since then and what you're proposing is not mean spirited?

Trump:  No, I don't think it's mean spirited.  Mine is not mean spirited.  Mine is, it's business.  [Continues...]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvAMRUEUrE0

So here is Trump saying that Romney's e-verify/self deportation plan would never work and I'm supposed to believe... well hell, between Trump and his supporters here I don't know what I'm supposed to believe.  Trump's website says nothing about deporting the illegals that are here except for the ones that are "criminals".  Trump supporters want me to believe that Trump's e-verify plan on his website is going to result in self-deportation.  In this interview Trump is absolutely talking about deporting and says e-verify/self deportation doesn't work.  And now he has no plans for mass deportations, which per his website he didn't have plans for in the first place.

Good news everyone, we're all right.  Bad news everyone, we're all wrong.  This is how it is with Trump and his supporters on every damn issue;  "Make America confused again!"

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #107 on: June 26, 2016, 04:05:42 am »
There is a demand for hard workers and that vacuum will not be filled by the American born drug addicts, parolees, welfare queens, and the socially crippled and maladjusted who have dropped out of the workforce.

Without illegal immigration our population would be declining, and a declining population makes it very hard for the American economy to grow.

Either stop aborting the next workforce, start breeding, or pick which immigrant you want...mexicans or muslims.

The other option is to make our workforce hard-working, and to stop feeding those Americans who refuse to be hard-working.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #108 on: June 26, 2016, 04:36:59 am »
The other option is to make our workforce hard-working, and to stop feeding those Americans who refuse to be hard-working.
If it can be done, I'm on board, but businesses don't want to hire thieves, drug addicts, mentally ill, or just plain lazy workers.  You can cut off the welfare, but that doesn't mean they are going to get hired, or keep a job.

So then you have to be willing to watch them starve, or imprison them when they commit crimes for food.  You and I may be fine with that, but some voters will be put off with the party that says "F*ck the poor."

I don't think there is an answer to the problem that will fit on a bumper sticker, and for some Americans...that is all the brain power they want to put into the issue.

Thanks for your response.

« Reply #109 on: June 26, 2016, 04:38:22 am »
Good news everyone, we're all right.  Bad news everyone, we're all wrong.  This is how it is with Trump and his supporters on every damn issue;  "Make America confused again!"

Great catch, thanx for posting it.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #110 on: June 26, 2016, 04:44:54 am »
Oh, and he did give advise.  It was well reported that they had a meeting.  Trump is the man in the mask who's aim is to get Hillary Clinton elected.

As each day passes, I become more convinced that is indeed what is happening and has happened.

Trump was chosen to eradicate any real opposition to The Mao Pantsuit.

In this, he succeeded.

Now he goes down in the eighth round to help the mob collect it's hedge and he gets handsomely rewarded with yuuuge crony contracts and an honorable mention as an 'also-ran' in the history books.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #111 on: June 26, 2016, 04:46:44 am »
I am certain drug dealers and terrorists are crossing the Mexican border.  If they were not vastly out numbered by Mexican families coming across just to make a hard earned nickel or two the terrorists and criminals would be easier to catch.

If it wasn't impossible for poorly educated, but hard working, illegals to enter legally, those people would come in legally.

There is a demand for hard workers and that vacuum will not be filled by the American born drug addicts, parolees, welfare queens, and the socially crippled and maladjusted who have dropped out of the workforce.

Without illegal immigration our population would be declining, and a declining population makes it very hard for the American economy to grow.

Either stop aborting the next workforce, start breeding, or pick which immigrant you want...mexicans or muslims.

Disgusting post of the day.  I get tired of people trashing Americans for the "hard working" illegals who come here and collect food coupons, health care benefits, cash benefits, free cell phones... Then they work under the table.  When you are an hard working manufacturing worker these comments are highly offensive.  These people drive the wages down for American workers.  They can afford to with the government paying for their food and health care.  Yes of course there are Americans on welfare.  There are plenty of illegal alien wives on welfare too.  Lazy workers are workers of all races.  Believe me I have worked with many.  Your race doesn't determine your effort at work
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

« Reply #112 on: June 26, 2016, 04:51:55 am »
Disgusting post of the day.  I get tired of people trashing Americans for the "hard working" illegals who come here and collect food coupons, health care benefits, cash benefits, free cell phones... Then they work under the table.  When you are an hard working manufacturing worker these comments are highly offensive.  These people drive the wages down for American workers.  They can afford to with the government paying for their food and health care.  Yes of course there are Americans on welfare.  There are plenty of illegal alien wives on welfare too.  Lazy workers are workers of all races.  Believe me I have worked with many.  Your race doesn't determine your effort at work

I'm sorry you took offense.  I did not intend to paint all American workers as lazy doped up criminals or that all illegals are hard workers.  I just meant to say that many illegals are preferable workers to the American burnouts who refuse to work because they too collect food coupons, health care benefits, cash benefits, free cell phones.  Hope that clarifies my position.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 04:54:40 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #113 on: June 26, 2016, 05:06:18 am »
I'm sorry you took offense.  I did not intend to paint all American workers as lazy doped up criminals or that all illegals are hard workers.  I just meant to say that many illegals are preferable workers to the American burnouts who refuse to work because they too collect food coupons, health care benefits, cash benefits, free cell phones.  Hope that clarifies my position.

I don't mean to rehash.  But that is exactly what you did when you say many illegals are preferable.  Ask yourself would you say many Americans are preferable to lazy illegals?

HonestJohn

« Reply #114 on: June 26, 2016, 05:32:24 am »

Of course, the corollary to that is...

...if the employee is hard-working, he/she should be paid at least enough to feed/clothe/house themselves (get to/from work, too) and their family without need of government assistance.

Many jobs don't even meet that criteria, nowadays.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #115 on: June 26, 2016, 05:48:38 am »
Of course, the corollary to that is...

...if the employee is hard-working, he/she should be paid at least enough to feed/clothe/house themselves (get to/from work, too) and their family without need of government assistance.

Many jobs don't even meet that criteria, nowadays.

So true.

« Reply #116 on: June 26, 2016, 05:50:51 am »
I don't mean to rehash.  But that is exactly what you did when you say many illegals are preferable.  Ask yourself would you say many Americans are preferable to lazy illegals?
Not sure I get your point but, yes.  There are illegals here who are exploiting the welfare system.  Businesses don't want to hire them either.

« Reply #117 on: June 26, 2016, 05:56:16 am »
Don't mean to but in, but I think Once-Ler's apology and qualifications do point out that we have a welfare system set-up that encourages a no-work ethic, encourages additional children for single mothers, and guarantees that government dependency will be passed onto the next generation. He is also correct in my view that the majority of illegals coming here are hard working people willing to do most any work for much smaller wages. They also have made many things affordable for Americans that normally would be out of their reach. That being said, there are many hard working Americans that are not able to find a job in the skill set they have had for a lifetime. What is the solution to help these deserving people? That is what I want to hear from the candidates, specifics in helping retrain displaced workers and ideas in reforming the welfare system.

This.

Thank you for the assist to my inarticulate post.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #118 on: June 26, 2016, 06:19:40 am »
Don't mean to but in, but I think Once-Ler's apology and qualifications do point out that we have a welfare system set-up that encourages a no-work ethic, encourages additional children for single mothers, and guarantees that government dependency will be passed onto the next generation. He is also correct in my view that the majority of illegals coming here are hard working people willing to do most any work for much smaller wages. They also have made many things affordable for Americans that normally would be out of their reach. That being said, there are many hard working Americans that are not able to find a job in the skill set they have had for a lifetime. What is the solution to help these deserving people? That is what I want to hear from the candidates, specifics in helping retrain displaced workers and ideas in reforming the welfare system.

Usually I am in full agreement with you.  I am pretty passionate about this though so to be honest I can agree and disagree both on what you said.  Who wouldn't agree that welfare is out of control?  Welfare is a symptom of liberalism.  Its how it works.  But I don't like generalizing by race.   

"illegals coming here are hard working people willing to do most any work for much smaller wages"

Illegals coming here have broken the law.  Some are criminal gang members.  Some are lazy, and some are hard working but they had money to pay coyote's and drug cartels that run their business on the border extorting money to help those illegals break the law.  Some make it and some are raped or end up in human trafficking rings.  Others bring drugs and weapons.  Many are leaving their own countries because it is overrun with gangs, violence and government corruption.  They get here and they are willing to take an amnesty and eventually vote for the candidate that makes the best promises to their racial community.  A good way to keep government corruption going.

Of course they are willing to take low wages.  They share housing and get government benefits for breaking the law.  They get a special tax ID which allows them to take out mortgages, start businesses and buy expensive cars.  I have been shopping where the person in front of you in line has two full grocery carts.  Pays with government coupons and gets into a brand new Humvee.  See it all the time.  So excuse me, but as an American manufacturing worker it would be nice some times to hear that Americans are hard working.  And they pay for their own groceries too!  And we don't want to be re-trained.  We would like corporate America and our politicians that we elect to realize that we pay their salaries.  We are tired of being generalized as lazy Americans because we don't wear suits.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 06:22:34 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #119 on: June 26, 2016, 06:34:45 am »
Yet thousands of people who know him, worked with him and did busyness with him dispute your opinion here.

History's worst fascists have had adoring colleagues.

...as well as those who spoke glowingly in public, but who were not so positive behind closed doors.  People know that you don't cross the don if you want work again.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #120 on: June 26, 2016, 07:00:45 am »
I appreciate  your passion and understand your concerns. You did leave out the word "majority" in my post, I said the majority of illegals coming here are hard working people willing to do most any work for much smaller wages and that is what I believe as well as the fact that there are some murderers, rapists, etc in the mix. This does not mean I believe it is OK to come here illegally. I believe we need to have secure borders.  As far as amnesty, I know of no-one on this board encouraging amnesty. Blanket amnesty for illegals last occurred in 1986. It will not happen again. The border needs to be first secured and then you will probably see some sort of path to legal status without voting rights after going years of paperwork, fines, waiting periods, etc. And as far as the government benefits part, again I do not think you will find anyone supporting the benefits being given to illegals. I have also seen the use of food stamp cards by people who walk out and hop in Humvee. I see it all the time. Irks me to no end. Just like it irks me when I see people using handicap parking who get out of the car and briskly walk to the store.

You said you are an American manufacturer and I have the deepest respect for your work ethic. (AND I LOVE YOUR POSTS!!) Manufacturing jobs are usually very demanding on the body. Personally, I always (almost always) check for made in the USA and buy accordingly even if it costs me a little extra and it usually doesn't.  But, there are areas where the price differences are huge. In the printing field I can buy 6 tons of printed color posters for about 15,000 dollars out of China and pay about 1600 to have it shipped to the US. The same posters would cost well over 100,000 here in the states and would make some smaller publishing companies unprofitable. This is probably the biggest reason for the loss of manufacturing jobs here...competition from countries abroad not from illegals here in this country.

My final statement...There is no better worker than an American!! and that has been shown throughout the history of our country.  And no better poster than Chosen Daughter as has been shown throughout the past months.  :patriot:

OK, I know I went on a tirade 888blushing8888  Our company buys parts from China also.  I don't fault them for it.  They have to stay competitive.  You have to do what is best for the business.  As for hiring my biggest complaint is hearing how one race or the other are such hard workers.  That irks me for sure.  I have even heard people say they only hire...........  I have seen lazy in all races and on a manufacturing floor it is diverse.  Unfortunately though less and less Americans.

Thank you for your kind words even after I went off like that. 

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #121 on: June 26, 2016, 07:22:06 am »
Its hypocrisy to juxtapose Cruz and Trump on this issue. Because Trump is for them leaving and applying for legal immigration. Whereas Cruz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuGzdyt0xOc

Cruz was explaining the Gang of 8 bill not his view on immigration in that clip. 
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 08:09:11 am by LilLamb »
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Online DB

« Reply #122 on: June 26, 2016, 08:54:12 am »
Here's what Cruz was saying about illegal immigration in 2011. This was a year before Trump was saying Romney was "mean spirited" for proposing cutting off benefits to illegals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0h3Mu8BbjM

That's the simple truth.

@LilLamb
@Mechanicos

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #123 on: June 26, 2016, 09:29:56 am »
A nothing burger. There is no need to depot all of the illegals. Should have studied history. Only need to remove the incentives to stay and deport a small percent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Wetback

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/immigration-reform

Well, most know already that removing the incentives will slow the illegal invasion down, but your boy Trump made the impossible promise... no one else.  And on this, along with that earlier statement on blocking muslim importation, he's backtracking. 

What other promises will be walked back? 
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 09:33:15 am by ScottinVA »

Offline RedHead

« Reply #124 on: June 26, 2016, 11:24:52 am »
A nothing burger.

Just like every other Donald Trump policy promise.