Author Topic: Trump shifts immigration plan: No 'mass deportations'  (Read 11446 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Trump shifts immigration plan: No 'mass deportations'
« Reply #200 on: June 27, 2016, 05:59:43 am »
She is supporting the recommendations aimed at building a safer and more prosperous North America within the Task Force report.  Did one of the recommendations aimed at building a safer and more prosperous North America within the report include combining Canada, USA & Mexico into a North American Union?
Would a safer and more prosperous North America be a bad thing for the USA?

You might as well be arguing with a Bernie supporter.  Not much difference between them and the Trump Militant.

They will jus keep arguing in circles, making no sense and spinning every single fact and point you make because shilling for their prince is their religion now.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline LMAO

« Reply #201 on: June 27, 2016, 06:00:12 am »
Reading this thread has confused me a bit.

One who supports Trump has stated that Trump's statement that he would mass deport the illegals was said  in order to get votes in the primary season.

Another said he never said it.

:shrug:

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #202 on: June 27, 2016, 06:03:27 am »

One who supports Trump has stated that Trump's statement that he would mass deport the illegals was said  in order to get votes in the primary season.

Because the Trump militant understand and practice that if they cannot dazzle, they must baffle.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Hoodat

« Reply #203 on: June 27, 2016, 06:11:17 am »
Thank you for proving me correct. She supported the North American Union. Your own post proves it.

No, she didn't.  That post proves no such thing.  You made it up.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #204 on: June 27, 2016, 06:14:59 am »

:shrug:

Yep, I noticed that too.  Even they are having a hard time keeping all of the lies straight.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 06:15:17 am by RoosGirl »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #205 on: June 27, 2016, 06:50:52 am »
Yep, I noticed that too.  Even they are having a hard time keeping all of the lies straight.

The site where they get their talking points was Lewandowski's baby. Is it being updated now?

Because speaking purely in terms of tactics, that was a pretty inspired idea. Though some people have been significantly clumsier about using it than others.  :tongue2:

Seems as good a place as any to put it - I'm respecting our Mech here. Not cause I agree with him, far from it! I think he's being an idiot for supporting an arsehole.
But he's stubborn and keeps plugging on, regardless. And no - he doesn't support the Orange Won 100% of the time. I've watched.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline DB

« Reply #206 on: June 27, 2016, 08:11:36 am »

We've had this discussion... You can't debate with those who make things up and move the goal posts when they are exposed. They'll keep you endlessly chasing a moving target consuming all your time and nothing more is really accomplished. On the other hand, I do admire your tenacity to not let it go. ;-)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #207 on: June 27, 2016, 08:59:12 am »
No he did not lie at his rallies. Look at history, His plan for the most part mirrors operation wetback. In that historical plan they did not do a mass deport. They did a small percent and removed incentives and punished helpers of illegals here. The result was mass self-deportation. Its called being smart about it, Not every solution requires the use of force.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #208 on: June 27, 2016, 09:03:09 am »
You don't even know the context in which that quote came, do you?  The gang of 8 gang said their little bill was just to bring all those illegals out of the shadows.  Cruz knew that was bull. He wrote an amendment to the bill.  The amendment said that the illegals would be recognized, but they would not ever receive a path to citizenship and would not ever be able to vote.  Cruz exposed the gang of 8 supporters for the amnesty supporters that they were. They wouldn't even allow Cruz to present his amendment on the floor, but Cruz got the message across, loud and clear, and the gang of eight bill supporters received a backlash from their constituents. 

Cruz said that if they would have added his amendment to the bill he would have voted for it even though it could have given the illegals residence status because it would have insured border security and stopped any further illegal immigration.  It would have insured that the illegals in the country would never get citizenship or be able to vote because they entered the country illegally. It was a gamble and compromise he was willing to take because he doesn't just talk, he stands behind his convictions with action. What has always been important to Cruz and what he still stands for is a secure border FIRST and NO path to citizenship. He has never walked back from that.

QFT
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

geronl

« Reply #209 on: June 27, 2016, 11:35:31 am »
If it can be done, I'm on board, but businesses don't want to hire thieves, drug addicts, mentally ill, or just plain lazy workers.  You can cut off the welfare, but that doesn't mean they are going to get hired, or keep a job.

bring back asylums and work houses.

geronl

« Reply #210 on: June 27, 2016, 11:36:25 am »
Great catch, thanx for posting it.

apparently we are not supposed to notice that Trump has just attacked Obama for being too harsh on illegal aliens, lol.

geronl

« Reply #211 on: June 27, 2016, 11:39:39 am »
Then you messed up since I showed him pushing Amnesty in 2011...

not true, he won election to the Senate with his strong stand against amnesty

now we have Trump attacking Obama for being too hard on illegals

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #212 on: June 27, 2016, 12:02:47 pm »
She is supporting the recommendations aimed at building a safer and more prosperous North America within the Task Force report.  Did one of the recommendations aimed at building a safer and more prosperous North America within the report include combining Canada, USA & Mexico into a North American Union?
Would a safer and more prosperous North America be a bad thing for the USA?
The the task force report did yes. That was the entire premise of the report. She did not say building a safer and more prosperous America, she said safer and more prosperous North America.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

geronl

« Reply #213 on: June 27, 2016, 12:05:44 pm »
Trump will continue his dancing around both sides of every issue.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #214 on: June 27, 2016, 01:16:28 pm »
Because the Trump militant understand and practice that if they cannot dazzle, they must baffle.

I get that Trump has never gotten this far running for public office and, as a result, he is going to stumble. But these flips and flops will cost him votes. One of the big reasons he's gotten so far is his hawkishness during the 2016 primary on illegal immigration. If he goes soft on that, along with his Muslim ban, that eliminates the reasons people have to vote for him. Not that mass deportation was ever going to happen. But his supporters, like his promise to pay off the debt in 8 years, believed it. Without question or doubt.

Over time, you're going to see a little more buyer's remorse. You started to see it in a small dose with his stance on taking away gun rights from people on the No Fly List. This is what you get with open primaries were Democrats can vote and engage in their own Operation Chaos....against us
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #215 on: June 27, 2016, 01:19:11 pm »
apparently we are not supposed to notice that Trump has just attacked Obama for being too harsh on illegal aliens, lol.

Next it'll be for not making ObamaCare more centralized.
Or, for being soft on guns

Maybe for not making the stimulus in 2009 large enough. But, he did praise it at the time so I guess that one isn't out of the realm of possibilities

Barry Goldwater

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #216 on: June 27, 2016, 01:55:52 pm »
I understand his knowing which issues only need a few words to get people talking.

How are you going to defend Trump when he comes up with his "just kidding" moment about building the wall too.?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #217 on: June 27, 2016, 02:37:02 pm »
How are you going to defend Trump when he comes up with his "just kidding" moment about building the wall too.?

I honestly don't know, @catfish1957     :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #218 on: June 27, 2016, 02:43:06 pm »

I am not a Trump fan, but I am surprised that there has not been more uproar about the anti-trump swipes last night on ABC's Game Shows.  I counted four separate digs, with audience prompting to applaud.  Despicable tactics to use supposedly a neutral entertainment medium to influence an election.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #219 on: June 27, 2016, 02:45:58 pm »
The the task force report did yes. That was the entire premise of the report.

From the report:

http://www.cfr.org/canada/building-north-american-community/p8102

North America is different from other regions of the world and
must find its own cooperative route forward .A new North American
community should rely more on the market and less on bureaucracy,
more on pragmatic solutions to shared problems than on grand
schemes of confederation or union, such as those in Europe. We
must maintain respect for each other’s national sovereignty.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #220 on: June 27, 2016, 02:46:21 pm »

Ok honest question here @DCPatriot and I swear on my SFC stripes this is a genuine curiosity of mine.

Is there a line where you finally say "I can't defend what this guy is doing anymore"?  The wall and clamping down on Muslim immigration were a pull for me too at first I'll be honest.

But for the rock ribbed supporters of him who back him no matter what he says...is there a breaking point where you finally say you can't support him?

What happens when he flip-flops on the wall?

Which promise that got you hooked on the campaign of Donald Trump 2016 will have to "evolve" for that to happen?

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #221 on: June 27, 2016, 03:03:45 pm »

Ok honest question here @DCPatriot and I swear on my SFC stripes this is a genuine curiosity of mine.

Is there a line where you finally say "I can't defend what this guy is doing anymore"?  The wall and clamping down on Muslim immigration were a pull for me too at first I'll be honest.

But for the rock ribbed supporters of him who back him no matter what he says...is there a breaking point where you finally say you can't support him?

What happens when he flip-flops on the wall?

Which promise that got you hooked on the campaign of Donald Trump 2016 will have to "evolve" for that to happen?

I believe I've opined in here long ago that I didn't expect a wall to be built.   That's not what draws me to him.

He wants us to feel proud to be Americans again...to shed all this PC-Leftist guilt imposed on our culture.

And we have a much better future with Trump forming the next SCOTUS...not Hillary.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #222 on: June 27, 2016, 03:07:05 pm »
I believe I've opined in here long ago that I didn't expect a wall to be built.   That's not what draws me to him.

He wants us to feel proud to be Americans again...to shed all this PC-Leftist guilt imposed on our culture.

And we have a much better future with Trump forming the next SCOTUS...not Hillary.

What serious indications has he given that he's actually going to do that?  Again this is honest curiosity.

Surely there's got to be a tiny bit of you worried that like Manafort said last month that it's just an act.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 03:07:33 pm by txradioguy »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #223 on: June 27, 2016, 03:13:25 pm »
What serious indications has he given that he's actually going to do that?  Again this is honest curiosity.

Surely there's got to be a tiny bit of you worried that like Manafort said last month that it's just an act.

No matter which closing technique I use on myself....alternate of choice...Ben Franklin...when I hold up Hillary Clinton following 8 years of Obama destruction next to Donald Trump.....he's still 'Ghandi' to Hillary's 'Medusa'.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #224 on: June 27, 2016, 06:19:54 pm »
No matter which clodsing technique I use on myself....alternate of choice...Ben Franklin...when I hold up Hillary Clinton following 8 years of Obama destruction next to Donald Trump.....he's still 'Ghandi' to Hillary's 'Medusa'.

Thanks for being patient and explaining.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 06:20:50 pm by txradioguy »