Author Topic: Trump shifts immigration plan: No 'mass deportations'  (Read 11602 times)

Offline RedHead

Re: Trump shifts immigration plan: No 'mass deportations'
« Reply #125 on: June 26, 2016, 11:26:01 am »
Actually hes consistent with his position statement that was posted months ago.

Can you quote it for us?

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #126 on: June 26, 2016, 11:29:31 am »
Cruz was explaining the Gang of 8 bill not his view on immigration in that clip.

That was 2011 here he is again in 2013,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CwVrfydjOI
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #127 on: June 26, 2016, 01:15:49 pm »
I am certain drug dealers and terrorists are crossing the Mexican border.  If they were not vastly out numbered by Mexican families coming across just to make a hard earned nickel or two the terrorists and criminals would be easier to catch.

If it wasn't impossible for poorly educated, but hard working, illegals to enter legally, those people would come in legally.

There is a demand for hard workers and that vacuum will not be filled by the American born drug addicts, parolees, welfare queens, and the socially crippled and maladjusted who have dropped out of the workforce.

Without illegal immigration our population would be declining, and a declining population makes it very hard for the American economy to grow.

Either stop aborting the next workforce, start breeding, or pick which immigrant you want...mexicans or muslims.

Quite a few of the illegal people and families (not all) are being forced across as cover for other deceitful individuals, either as drug smugglers, terrorists or just human traffickers.  Why else would youths, pre-teens in a lot of cases come across with out adult family members? Pre teens rant seeking the labor market, although their families could be pushing them to safety in the US due to the turmoil south of the border.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #128 on: June 26, 2016, 01:22:26 pm »

A nothing burger.

Just like every other Donald Trump policy promise.

Does this make him McDonald Trump?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #129 on: June 26, 2016, 01:29:43 pm »
Usually I am in full agreement with you.  I am pretty passionate about this though so to be honest I can agree and disagree both on what you said.  Who wouldn't agree that welfare is out of control?  Welfare is a symptom of liberalism.  Its how it works.  But I don't like generalizing by race.   

"illegals coming here are hard working people willing to do most any work for much smaller wages"

Illegals coming here have broken the law.  Some are criminal gang members.  Some are lazy, and some are hard working but they had money to pay coyote's and drug cartels that run their business on the border extorting money to help those illegals break the law.  Some make it and some are raped or end up in human trafficking rings.  Others bring drugs and weapons.  Many are leaving their own countries because it is overrun with gangs, violence and government corruption.  They get here and they are willing to take an amnesty and eventually vote for the candidate that makes the best promises to their racial community.  A good way to keep government corruption going.

Of course they are willing to take low wages.  They share housing and get government benefits for breaking the law.  They get a special tax ID which allows them to take out mortgages, start businesses and buy expensive cars.  I have been shopping where the person in front of you in line has two full grocery carts.  Pays with government coupons and gets into a brand new Humvee.  See it all the time.  So excuse me, but as an American manufacturing worker it would be nice some times to hear that Americans are hard working.  And they pay for their own groceries too!  And we don't want to be re-trained.  We would like corporate America and our politicians that we elect to realize that we pay their salaries.  We are tired of being generalized as lazy Americans because we don't wear suits.

This explains my earlier point to a "T".  I agree with your points about American manufacturing jobs and wages. But then when you see fast food workers protesting for $15 an hour or more, it is pathetic when compared to wages of other occupations. What makes it worse is government intervention that drives the bottom end out of the wage scale. How about the Certified Nurse AIDS that make $9 an hour to care of your aged disabled parents. They do more and care more for people, yet make less than those lazies an Burger King or McDonalds.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #130 on: June 26, 2016, 01:34:06 pm »
Watching or listening to Trump or even Hillary for that matter, is like watching a tennis match, back and forth.  :terror: 888what

Offline LMAO

« Reply #131 on: June 26, 2016, 01:52:31 pm »
Watching or listening to Trump or even Hillary for that matter, is like watching a tennis match, back and forth.  :terror: 888what

Don't you love the 2016 election?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #132 on: June 26, 2016, 02:01:16 pm »
That was 2011 here he is again in 2013,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CwVrfydjOI

You do hear the emphasis in Cruz's voice when he says "in this current bill" don't you?  He was trying to highlight that the gang of eight bill, which at the time seemed very sure to pass, gave a pathway to citizenship. Cruz has always been firmly against that. He was doing all he could to stop the gang of eight bill from passing and when it didn't appear that that would happen he offered this amendment to prove that the gang of eight bill was not just about getting illegals out of the shadows, it was about a pathway to citizenship. Cruz's attempt at "compromise" outted the gang of eight like nothing else had before.
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #133 on: June 26, 2016, 02:09:09 pm »
As each day passes, I become more convinced that is indeed what is happening and has happened.

Trump was chosen to eradicate any real opposition to The Mao Pantsuit.

In this, he succeeded.

Now he goes down in the eighth round to help the mob collect it's hedge and he gets handsomely rewarded with yuuuge crony contracts and an honorable mention as an 'also-ran' in the history books.

I'll second the motion, as I have before. Trump has always been tight with the Clintons. And the Clintons want to stay out of jail. The Republican Party has been used like a cheap rubber in a third-rate whore house.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #134 on: June 26, 2016, 02:12:17 pm »
You do hear the emphasis in Cruz's voice when he says "in this current bill" don't you?  He was trying to highlight that the gang of eight bill, which at the time seemed very sure to pass, gave a pathway to citizenship. Cruz has always been firmly against that. He was doing all he could to stop the gang of eight bill from passing and when it didn't appear that that would happen he offered this amendment to prove that the gang of eight bill was not just about getting illegals out of the shadows, it was about a pathway to citizenship. Cruz's attempt at "compromise" outted the gang of eight like nothing else had before.
So which gang of 8 bill was it - the one in 2011 or the one in 2013?
Then we have:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHlGlNwsQb0
And
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftY8UjxeqTk&feature=youtu.be

Time to remove the LOG from the anti's own eye. The Hypocrisy is annoying.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 02:15:57 pm by Mechanicos »
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline LMAO

« Reply #135 on: June 26, 2016, 02:47:51 pm »
I read this nonsense and only hope that the lurkers here grasp how willing you are to rewrite the meanings of words to shill for your liberal.

Lurkers, THIS is what a Trump presidency would result in. People like this going full Orwell on the English language. And that's only the beginning of what we can expect as his supporters get crazier and crazier trying to lie about his constantly reversing positions.

Or,as we are seeing here, blame the media for quoting Trump's own words
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #136 on: June 26, 2016, 02:54:22 pm »
@cuky

Well, he's pulled out the "cuck" card, so you can tell he's desperate, lol.

You know, I tell myself I should feel sorry for some of these Trump supporters.  They're seeing his abysmal numbers, and watching him melt down with one lie and flip-flop after another, and you know they must be frantic.  They've invested so much emotion and meaning into him.  So they're trying to save face with everything they have.  Yes, I tell myself I should have sympathy for them.

Then I come to my senses and I say, "Naaaahhhh."

I liken it to a woman who is smitten with her new man that everyone else can see is a loathsome jerk. In her love, she refuses to see who her boyfriend really is and will defend him against all criticism from others even to the point of sounding ridiculous.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #137 on: June 26, 2016, 03:00:40 pm »
This explains my earlier point to a "T".  I agree with your points about American manufacturing jobs and wages. But then when you see fast food workers protesting for $15 an hour or more, it is pathetic when compared to wages of other occupations. What makes it worse is government intervention that drives the bottom end out of the wage scale. How about the Certified Nurse AIDS that make $9 an hour to care of your aged disabled parents. They do more and care more for people, yet make less than those lazies an Burger King or McDonalds.

That is unexusable to pay nurses those wages.  And I could make more flipping burgers.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #138 on: June 26, 2016, 04:02:01 pm »

Time to remove the LOG from the anti's own eye. The Hypocrisy is annoying.

Hopefully we annoy you into silent rage. The more silent the better as nothing you say holds truth or value. It must suck being famous for being valueless but that the one thing you can hang your hat on here.

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #139 on: June 26, 2016, 04:10:45 pm »
That is unexusable to pay nurses those wages.  And I could make more flipping burgers.

It doesn't seem right, but that's how the marketplace works. These aren't really nurses, and haven't got the skills and/or credentials of nurses, so naturally they don't command the wages/salaries of nurses. I wish I knew a way to give them what they deserve, but I'm not too sure how that could be accomplished without driving them out of the marketplace.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline EtX

• Ready for Trump
« Reply #140 on: June 26, 2016, 05:44:46 pm »
In other words, he's moved over to Ted's plan

When the tRump "Plan" that was no more that BS sound byte talking points to hook up the lemmings was accomplished, it was time to say the right things to the lefties.

There not being any actual tRump Core Values other than what tRump sees best for tRump, America will be in for a wild Bumper Car ride, while the raid on Treasury will make the klintoons and nobama look like Pikers.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #141 on: June 26, 2016, 05:48:09 pm »
It doesn't seem right, but that's how the marketplace works. These aren't really nurses, and haven't got the skills and/or credentials of nurses, so naturally they don't command the wages/salaries of nurses. I wish I knew a way to give them what they deserve, but I'm not too sure how that could be accomplished without driving them out of the marketplace.

What you said.

I'm an RN and CNA's are low skilled labor. They are valuable, for sure. But the fact is you are 100% correct

Barry Goldwater

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #142 on: June 26, 2016, 05:56:28 pm »
I don't mind when Trump backtracks on ill-conceived promises.   Mass deportations were never going to happen -  think of the invasive and powerful bureaucracy that would entail.   Logistically it was impossible and politically a non-starter.

He needs to continue to stress our border security with effective programs and policies that don't turn our citizen 4th Amendment rights upside down but lock down the invasion.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #143 on: June 26, 2016, 06:06:25 pm »
Six pages of "LOL"'s and "high-fives".....

I said from Day 1 that he wasn't going to deport illegals, wholesale.

But, I betcha  it swayed some primary voters in certain States. 

It also cemented Trump as a 'Fish in a barrel' antagonist in the eyes of the media.  They've tried "racist"..."bigot"...and nothing sticks.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #144 on: June 26, 2016, 06:09:25 pm »
Six pages of "LOL"'s and "high-fives".....

I said from Day 1 that he wasn't going to deport illegals, wholesale.

But, I betcha  it swayed some primary voters in certain States. 

It also cemented Trump as a 'Fish in a barrel' antagonist in the eyes of the media.  They've tried "racist"..."bigot"...and nothing sticks.

Are you saying it's okay that he lied because it resulted in votes for him?

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #145 on: June 26, 2016, 06:15:49 pm »
Are you saying it's okay that he lied because it resulted in votes for him?

I understand his knowing which issues only need a few words to get people talking.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #146 on: June 26, 2016, 06:19:34 pm »
I understand his knowing which issues only need a few words to get people talking.

So an open liar as our president is what you want. Thank God there aren't enough like you to get him elected.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #147 on: June 26, 2016, 06:31:08 pm »
So an open liar as our president is what you want. Thank God there aren't enough like you to get him elected.

I said no such thing.

Go play in traffic or something.   

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #148 on: June 26, 2016, 06:32:18 pm »

*That* is not an answer to the question I asked.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #149 on: June 26, 2016, 06:37:44 pm »
I said no such thing.

Go play in traffic or something.

You made excuses for a liar. There arent enough unprincipled people like that to get Trump elected.
 I'd worry more about the oncoming train of reality grinding your crew into the tracks.

Can't wait to watch you all suffer when he finally goes over the edge into electoral failure. He'll be just fine though. You all will be the butt of every joke on the planet. Not that you arent now.

Couldn't happen to a more deserving group.