Author Topic: Trump Is a Man On An Island -- And LOSING  (Read 12081 times)

Offline Labette

• Show us on this doll where Trump made it hurt.
Re: Trump Is a Man On An Island -- And LOSING
« Reply #75 on: June 17, 2016, 11:36:39 am »
Ouch!  ...

Trump is a man on an island -- and losing

Yesterday, we saw President Obama and Hillary Clinton deliver a tag-team slam...... Mitch McConnell said, .... added House Speaker Paul Ryan...... Sen. Lamar Alexander declaring that Trump isn't the party's nominee....Sen. John Cornyn,  according to Politico.....our NBC|SurveyMonkey poll ....... a new Bloomberg poll.........., the GOP is in big trouble .........

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/first-read-trump-man-island-he-s-losing-n592816

In an article written by Chuck Todd, Mark Murray and Carrie Dann no less. 

Oh noes! We must be supporting the wrong candidate!!!

Online LMAO

« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2016, 11:49:18 am »
If the economy tanks between now and November, it's President Trump. Otherwise it's President Hillary.

Thing is that even if the economy doesn't tank in the few months, it will tank in the next 4 years. So maybe losing this election is a positive... in a way?

The economy.
We are losing our Middle Class, the worse recovery since the end of the last recession is looking to end, the last few job reports have been poor, our deficits are rising, health insurance premiums are rising despite the promise of the president they wouldn't, ect ect

You're being optimistic that it'll tank in the next four. I'm betting sooner. But I get your point. The path we are on is inevitably due for a major correction. You can't ignore math and reality forever. Neither Trump nor Hillary really want to address our fiscal situation which is a huge concern. So far, we've been lucky. We are the cleanest dirty shirt in the laundry basket for now. But that will be short lived due to the trajectory we are on. If it must happen, I'd rather see Hillary and the Democrats get the blame. If Trump wins and the economy crashes on his watch, people won't run to real conservatives. They'll run to Democrats.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2016, 12:18:47 pm »
Get a grip.

Trump is winning this thing. 

Trump is winning what "thing?"  He's having his hind end handed to him in survey after survey.

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2016, 12:19:49 pm »
Hmmm... :pondering:  ....I was thinking more along the lines that it would give the #nevertrumps something to justify voting for the ticket.

Cruz would be "only a heartbeat away...", too.   Cruz supporters should grab on tight to that one.    :laugh:

We conservatives are not like trumpers.  We support our principles,  we don't run after a man.  We are political followers, not worshippers. 

If Sen. Cruz were to accept the co-conspirator position on a ticket with the lying fraud stumpy, it would cause many (most) Cruz backers to abandon Sen. Cruz as being a man who succumbed to the bright lights of apparent political fortune.

We would be leaderless as a movement,  but it would have to do.  We would not follow Sen. Cruz into a pact with Satan's son.

So, the little ploy would fail, and we would all be the more immiserated by it.

But, I think Sen. Cruz is smarter than you are, and realizes this.  Without the jackass stumpy, he has a bright political future .  If he chooses to tie the anchor of stumpy around his neck, he is dead politically, drowned in stumpy's megalomania.
Former Republican.

Online libertybele

« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2016, 12:28:31 pm »
We conservatives are not like trumpers.  We support our principles,  we don't run after a man.  We are political followers, not worshippers. 

If Sen. Cruz were to accept the co-conspirator position on a ticket with the lying fraud stumpy, it would cause many (most) Cruz backers to abandon Sen. Cruz as being a man who succumbed to the bright lights of apparent political fortune.

We would be leaderless as a movement,  but it would have to do.  We would not follow Sen. Cruz into a pact with Satan's son.

So, the little ploy would fail, and we would all be the more immiserated by it.

But, I think Sen. Cruz is smarter than you are, and realizes this.  Without the jackass stumpy, he has a bright political future .  If he chooses to tie the anchor of stumpy around his neck, he is dead politically, drowned in stumpy's megalomania.

Trump has been quiet on Cruz and I don't think he would even offer him the VP spot. If he were to do so, IMHO Cruz has a passion for this country and its Constitution.  If he felt that they could win against Hillary he would do so and I am sure he would have carefully weighed out their chances before jumping in with both feet.  He also would have to carefully address his supporters as to his reasoning and ask for their continued support.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sitetest

« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2016, 12:36:39 pm »
Trump has been quiet on Cruz and I don't think he would even offer him the VP spot. If he were to do so, IMHO Cruz has a passion for this country and its Constitution.  If he felt that they could win against Hillary he would do so and I am sure he would have carefully weighed out their chances before jumping in with both feet.  He also would have to carefully address his supporters as to his reasoning and ask for their continued support.

I'd dump him in a heartbeat.  No forgiveness for going to the Dark Side.  No compromise with evil.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 12:52:50 pm by sitetest »
Former Republican.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2016, 12:51:14 pm »
I'd dump him in a heartbeat.  No forgives for going to the Dark Side.  No compromise with evil.

Same here. You don't advance whats right by siding with whats wrong. Reality does not work that way.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2016, 12:53:51 pm »
I still wouldn't vote Trump and would lose respect for Cruz.

Ditto! But that isn't ever going to happen!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2016, 01:02:47 pm »
The economy really is the least of our worries and losing this election will not be a positive.  We will lose our 2nd amendment rights, amnesty will be granted, the Supreme Court will be tilted liberal, we will lose the majority in both Houses, and we won't see another election.  Muslim refugees will have a stranglehold on us just like in Europe.  All the while Trump or Clinton will continue to line their pockets.

Honestly I think that the economy tanking might be the only thing to get the people to turn on the libs.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #84 on: June 17, 2016, 01:10:43 pm »
Trump may very well win but he sure isn't winning now. I see not a single shred of evidence. He's lost every poll since early May supposedly.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2016, 01:17:48 pm »
Given the 'landscape', the GOP convention in Cleveland will be globally covered by the media.
As long as he doesn't ban all the media first.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #86 on: June 17, 2016, 01:36:07 pm »
I was working for a real estate attorney in Florida as a legal assistant.  Incidentally, many of clients were real estate developers.  We also represented all of the major banks in the state.  We were closing at 17% and 19% every working day of the week.

I started selling real estate in 1978...and rates didn't reach 17% -19% until 1981.

If you didn't get creative in your financing options...you didn't sell anything.

sorry for going OT....  :laugh:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #87 on: June 17, 2016, 01:37:19 pm »

I'm feelin' ya, @Labette !    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #88 on: June 17, 2016, 01:55:30 pm »
Sure are a lot of people saying the same thing I did; we will not vote for Trump under any circumstance.  Seems like @DCPatriot just lost a lot of people to have discussions with.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #89 on: June 17, 2016, 02:16:12 pm »
Honestly I think that the economy tanking might be the only thing to get the people to turn on the libs.

The economy is in very rough shape, but the effects are mitigated by borrowing money which is wrong on so many levels.  It's spent now and the payback is pushed off to the next few generations, the amount is so vast now it probably can't ever be paid back using normal means, and the damn federal government shouldn't be borrowing money to, for instance, bail out Puerto Rico or send to the "Palestinians" as aid. 

By the time the full effects are felt this current crop of politicians will be long gone and completely safe from any blowback from their actions.

OK, WTF, I'll go drink more coffee now and see if I can find my happy place.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #90 on: June 17, 2016, 02:16:49 pm »
When Zell Miller (D-Georgia) spoke at the 2004 GOP Convention...that was the signal that the era of the "patriotic" democrat was dead and buried.  They didn't want or need him in the Democrat Party anymore.

You are right about that, @txradioguy

Zell Miller signaled the end of the patriotic Democrat.  There are no more, so the situation now is drastically different than it was in the era of Reagan.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #91 on: June 17, 2016, 02:20:01 pm »
That is what makes Cruz supports different from Trump supporters. Cruz supporters support principles over the man and Trump supporters the man over principles. If Cruz truly turns his back on the principles he espouses then he losses his supporters. If Trump changes his then his supporters either change theirs or despite Trumps clear words twist them into something that they believe in or believe he meant to say.

Exactly, Kart. Good post.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #92 on: June 17, 2016, 02:26:44 pm »
If Cruz does accept it will only go to prove that Trump supporters were right about Cruz, which would make them joylessly happy while doing nothing to bring more support for Trump.

You're right, @kartographer.     If Cruz accepts a Trump offer for VP (he won't), then my attitude will change negatively toward Cruz and not positively toward Trump.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #93 on: June 17, 2016, 02:30:06 pm »
That is what makes Cruz supports different from Trump supporters. Cruz supporters support principles over the man and Trump supporters the man over principles. If Cruz truly turns his back on the principles he espouses then he losses his supporters. If Trump changes his then his supporters either change theirs or despite Trumps clear words twist them into something that they believe in or believe he meant to say.

Perfect analysis.  True on every point.

Offline jedidah

« Reply #94 on: June 17, 2016, 04:19:58 pm »

It's my hope that this acceptance speech will mark a beginning of a 'presidential' persona.  I hope, with all my heart.

I don't think he's capable of it.  Manafort may be able to keep him on script for an acceptance speech, but it's not sustainable.  Trump's thin skin and ego will break through and his mouth will prevail on the trail.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #95 on: June 17, 2016, 04:52:09 pm »
All that available talent in the GOP field and primary voters select the absolutely worst possible candidate.  And oh, by the way... whatever happened to all those "crossover dems" who voted for Trump?  Ah yes... they're now high-fiving each other after effectively handing Hillary the election.   

This was once a winnable election, folks.  But when the guaranteed general election loser rose to the top of the GOP polls, the dems jumped into "Operation Chaos" mode.  And here we are, facing an epic azz kicking in November that will make Goldwater's 1964 defeat seem like a squeaker by comparison.

Such an easy win over a discredited candidate and we threw it away for an odd megomaniac.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #96 on: June 17, 2016, 04:54:09 pm »

As Tonto said to the Lone Ranger, "what do you mean 'we' White Man?"

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #97 on: June 17, 2016, 04:55:21 pm »
I don't think he's capable of it.  Manafort may be able to keep him on script for an acceptance speech, but it's not sustainable.  Trump's thin skin and ego will break through and his mouth will prevail on the trail.

If you're looking to Manafort to be the gentleman in the room, you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Offline sitetest

« Reply #98 on: June 17, 2016, 04:59:47 pm »
I started selling real estate in 1978...and rates didn't reach 17% -19% until 1981.

If you didn't get creative in your financing options...you didn't sell anything.

sorry for going OT....  :laugh:

My brother got 17% in 1981.

I scored a "special deal" for first-time home buyers at 12 7/8.
Former Republican.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #99 on: June 17, 2016, 05:04:26 pm »

Oh...I'm not bothered at all by that.   I just want to see him being capable of appearing strong...serious...and determined, without scaring the crap out of everybody.    :laugh:

@jedidah

Since you seem like the kind of a member I would get along with...if not for Trump (lol), let me shed some light on why I was from Donald Trump since he announced a year ago.

This is, in all likelihood, my last presidential election.  In my prism I see the United States of America under seige by a Domestic Enemy. 

And because we've been busy buying bigger homes and more expensive cars...we've let the Left take over our schools that are...from grade school to graduate school...indoctrination centers.

I know I'm not saying anything you don't already know.

But again, try looking at it from this old man's crying eyes.

I grew up on 30 minute Westerns, Chevy's "In the USA" campaign.   War movies depicting our success in WWII.   Our great Fore Fathers!  Christ!   We went to the moon!  (supposedly...lol)   How couldn't we see ourselves as "exceptional"??

And I am seeing firsthand, a success coup...using Political Correctness, by the Left to destroy our Republic as Founded...with Hillary Clinton given the pistol to give the coup de grace. 

So...in a few words... I don't give a bleep anymore.   

We've lost.   The best we can achieve is to hold the fort for 2 to 4 years.  2 years because history says mid-terms aren't kind to the incumbants.

And Donald Trump is going to be portrayed as a villain and evil for every bump in the road as he tries to save it.

I believe that.   The financial crash SHOULD have already happened.  And, like the one weeks before 2008's election, it will be manipulated to do so on purpose.

Why be in anyway responsible for a Hillary Clinton term?

Why would I want to spit on my fellow Americans? 

Because that's all 'those' Conservatives are doing.  Spitting on the American who can't stand up for themselves.

It's why I'm on record here that I don't care if the Republican Party blows up.   It's only a name.   Whatever they end up calling it...it will be a strong Party that finally acts as on opposition party.

If there's even a House and a Senate to begin with.....

« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 07:16:01 pm by DCPatriot »