Author Topic: Donald Trump Says He Doesn’t Believe in “American Exceptionalism”  (Read 8673 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Donald Trump Says He Doesn’t Believe in “American Exceptionalism”
« Reply #125 on: June 08, 2016, 03:08:37 am »

I have no desire to...nor do I have any illusions about changing anyone's mind in here.

So this is just entertainment for you then eh?  The kind that insecure bullies like to engage in to get attention for themselves to create a false illusion that they are strong and invincible.

Yeah, I know your type.

For chrissakes, you've already committed 'suicide' by getting yourselves zotted from a place you still can't tear yourselves away from or even stop talking about. 

Heh.  Assumptions assumptions, always assumptions with you.  I've not been zotted and I haven't been back there since I left of my own accord, nor am I peeking into the Jim Jonesfest you guys have going on over there.

You're like a heroin addict forced to go cold turkey.   

I wonder what drug you are going to require to keep you from harming yourself or others come November 3rd?  That Kool-aid you're swilling now is going to be quite bitter not long from now.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #126 on: June 08, 2016, 03:12:28 am »
Ain't that the truth!   

And I'm not trying to change anyone's mind - that is something each person has to decide for themselves.   

Then what purpose does it serve for you all to say that and then berate us for doing exactly that? You cant sit there bitching about how  awful we are and then talk about 'deciding for ourselves.' you can't have your cake and eat it to.

Pick one and go with it because it looks pretty ridiculous to hold contrary positions like that.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #127 on: June 08, 2016, 03:16:12 am »
Nice to see he and Obama have the same sentiments about America.

Well, they are both Democrats.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #128 on: June 08, 2016, 03:19:37 am »
Then what purpose does it serve for you all to say that and then berate us for doing exactly that? You cant sit there bitching about how  awful we are and then talk about 'deciding for ourselves.' you can't have your cake and eat it to.

Pick one and go with it because it looks pretty ridiculous to hold contrary positions like that.

"He's Mexican.  Which I'm fine with."

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #129 on: June 08, 2016, 07:24:03 am »
So this is just entertainment for you then eh?  The kind that insecure bullies like to engage in to get attention for themselves to create a false illusion that they are strong and invincible.

Yeah, I know your type.

Heh.  Assumptions assumptions, always assumptions with you.  I've not been zotted and I haven't been back there since I left of my own accord, nor am I peeking into the Jim Jonesfest you guys have going on over there.

I wonder what drug you are going to require to keep you from harming yourself or others come November 3rd?  That Kool-aid you're swilling now is going to be quite bitter not long from now.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline BuckeyeTexan

« Reply #130 on: June 08, 2016, 01:39:19 pm »
From watching the video,  it seems to me that Trump doesn't understand the concept of American Exceptionalism. 

One must understand a concept to speak intelligently about it.  :facepalm2:
There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #131 on: June 08, 2016, 01:53:22 pm »
It is absolutely AMAZING to watch and hear every single Trump supporter have to go to great lengths of mind-bending pretzel logic to explain what Trump means every time he speaks, or what his motivations are behind overtly racist and incendiary mob tactics intended to influence a court case in his favor by calling the Judge's ethnicity as cassus belli for unfair treatment.

As if Trump doesn't speak English or we are simply too stupid to comprehend his absolute stellar genius and untouchable intellect.

The standard excuse is that "he's not a politician", and so shouldn't be held to the standard of perfectly-coiffed statements.  The hole in that "logic" is that plenty of other people who aren't politicians managed to speak with a whole lot more coherence than does Trump.  Being a non-politician doesn't mean you have to sound like an idiot, nor does it constitute an excuse for not having a developed philosophy and set of principles.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #132 on: June 08, 2016, 03:32:40 pm »
This is all nothing but a desperate attempt by the Left to hurt Trump's momentum going into the California primary.

If he doesn't meed expectations, the media....as well as our hoard of #nevertrumps will get orgasmic.
Yep, the left made him say this. Mind control, hypnotism, vlucan mind meld. How they'd do it?

I'd say Trump got himself in this hole all by himself.  :dighole: But I'm confident that in 200 years he will have dug himself out.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #133 on: June 08, 2016, 09:49:48 pm »
From watching the video,  it seems to me that Trump doesn't understand the concept of American Exceptionalism. 

One must understand a concept to speak intelligently about it.  :facepalm2:

He has a habit of talking about a lot of things that he doesn't understand.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #134 on: June 10, 2016, 08:25:09 am »
Ain't that the truth!   

And I'm not trying to change anyone's mind - that is something each person has to decide for themselves.   

Oh bull.

You have more of the "convert or die" mentality. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!