Author Topic: Donald Trump Says He Doesn’t Believe in “American Exceptionalism”  (Read 8707 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Donald Trump Says He Doesn’t Believe in “American Exceptionalism”
« Reply #100 on: June 08, 2016, 12:31:41 am »
Just the other day you said you love a good fire. You flip flop more than Donald Trump.

"Good" fire, Norm.   This ain't one.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #101 on: June 08, 2016, 12:33:54 am »
Did I say "lose"?

You implied the same by asking "who's he's running against?"   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #102 on: June 08, 2016, 12:36:33 am »
"Good" fire, Norm.   This ain't one.   :laugh:

Depends on whose weenie is getting roasted duddi'nit. From where I sit, it's a damn fine fire ;)

HonestJohn

« Reply #103 on: June 08, 2016, 12:38:54 am »
You implied the same by asking "who's he's running against?"

I'm not the one implying that Trump can lose in California.

This is all nothing but a desperate attempt by the Left to hurt Trump's momentum going into the California primary.

If he doesn't meed expectations, the media....as well as our hoard of #nevertrumps will get orgasmic.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #104 on: June 08, 2016, 12:47:29 am »
I'm not the one implying that Trump can lose in California.

If turnout isn't that great, they'll try to blame it on 'your' success in tarring him this week.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #105 on: June 08, 2016, 12:52:38 am »
If turnout isn't that great, they'll try to blame it on 'your' success in tarring him this week.

Yes, DC - their strategies are so transparent.  People just don't know how to deal with Trump - they didn't create him, so they can't destroy him.

The media and the anti-Trumps must be so frustrated right now - I notice Cruz finally broke his silence, right in time for election day.   :nometalk:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #106 on: June 08, 2016, 12:53:24 am »
tarring him

You don't spell "Truth"with an a,i,n or g.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #107 on: June 08, 2016, 12:54:30 am »
Yes, DC - their strategies are so transparent.  People just don't know how to deal with Trump - they didn't create him, so they can't destroy him.

The media and the anti-Trumps must be so frustrated right now - I notice Cruz finally broke his silence, right in time for election day.   :nometalk:

He's doing a fine job destroying himself. And taking his supporters with him.

Oceander

« Reply #108 on: June 08, 2016, 12:55:41 am »
He's doing a fine job destroying himself. And taking his supporters with him.

Unfortunately he's taking the rest of us down with him.  Hateful SOB.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #109 on: June 08, 2016, 01:08:48 am »
Unfortunately he's taking the rest of us down with him.  Hateful SOB.

He's just the latest fraud and perhaps the final chapter. The American voter took America down voting for lesser evils in one election after the other. Because they knew better than us haters' election after election. But here we are.

Someone elected all the GOP garbage in DC that are crowning this idiot and it wasn't Democrats.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 01:09:14 am by Norm Lenhart »

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #110 on: June 08, 2016, 01:14:09 am »
...which is Trump's point all along.   

:patriot:

Let's Make America Great AGAIN!!

America can HOPE.  Oh wait...
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #111 on: June 08, 2016, 01:16:47 am »
Seriously, I 'd like nothing more than to be wrong.  So... I will hope.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #112 on: June 08, 2016, 01:21:55 am »

But don't CHANGE. We love you just the way you are ;)

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #113 on: June 08, 2016, 01:22:53 am »

Good enough for me, sir!   @Lando Lincoln   

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #114 on: June 08, 2016, 01:32:45 am »

Church Curmudgeon @ChrchCurmudgeon

On the positive side, they've discovered a new perpetual energy source:

All the founding fathers spinning in their graves.

There's another positive. When it all goes to hell, the people that screamed for Trump are going to find themselves all alone in the world. Been saying it for a while to the chagrin of the fanatics.

These people are the same in real life as they are online. They have alienated themselves from their neighbors. When the ferals come knocking, or hillary's brownshirts, who will rise to their defense?

No one.

They are gonna be very, very alone. I'd be worried about all the people they stepped on and cursed out simply handing them over to the ferals to save themselves. Or Hillary's liberal goon squads. We just saw how they stood by and watched their own get mauled/beaten bloody. Not one of their fellows rose to protect them.

Thats their future. Hope they enjoy it.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 01:33:21 am by Norm Lenhart »

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #115 on: June 08, 2016, 01:37:56 am »
“Nowadays, anyone who wishes to combat lies and ignorance and to write the truth must overcome at least five difficulties. He must have the courage to write the truth when truth is everywhere opposed; the keenness to recognize it, although it is everywhere concealed; the skill to manipulate it as a weapon; the judgment to select those in whose hands it will be effective; and the running to spread the truth among such persons.”― Bertolt Brecht, Galileo

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #116 on: June 08, 2016, 01:38:45 am »
Nice try, but no cigar @INVAR

Your framing of that paragraph if another case of bullsh*t distortion.

I heard and watched the video.    Your use of "...." at the beginning and the end of my bold text in your manufactured quote is purposely devoid of HIS context.

BWAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAAAHHAAAAA!!!!!

:laughingdog: :laughingdog: :laughingdog:

You guys make Josh Earnest look like an Amateur in the deflection and bullsheist Department!!

No matter what Trump says - even when he says he's gonna take back everything we gave the world, you propagandists for your prince will insist that he never said it, or that it is "devoid of HIS context".

I mean, who are we gonna believe?   You the Dissembler for Trump?  Or our own lying eyes and ears?
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #117 on: June 08, 2016, 01:41:49 am »
BWAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAAAHHAAAAA!!!!!

:laughingdog: :laughingdog: :laughingdog:

You guys make Josh Earnest look like an Amateur in the deflection and bullsheist Department!!

No matter what Trump says - even when he says he's gonna take back everything we gave the world, you propagandists for your prince will insist that he never said it, or that it is "devoid of HIS context".

I mean, who are we gonna believe?   You the Dissembler for Trump?  Or our own lying eyes and ears?

Best part is they think they are converting people TO their cause.

I hope they ramp the stupid up more in a way, painful as it is to deal with. The more lurkers and fence sitters that see this idiocy the better.

What person wants to be know as one of 'them'?

Offline livius

« Reply #118 on: June 08, 2016, 01:45:41 am »
For Honest John: "But American has never been an ethnic state, but a country based on a notion, a thought, a belief that all men are created equal.  No matter where a person is from, if they come to America and believe in the same, they are American as you or I.  Their children, if born here, are also just as American (jus soli)."

Very true. Trump's mother was born in Scotland. Does this make him a Scot?

No, but it makes him a WASP, and that's what this is all about.  It's about eliminating anybody who doesn't come out of his background.   Because, remember, it's really all about him....

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #119 on: June 08, 2016, 02:07:20 am »
Best part is they think they are converting people TO their cause.

I hope they ramp the stupid up more in a way, painful as it is to deal with. The more lurkers and fence sitters that see this idiocy the better.

What person wants to be know as one of 'them'?

Wrong again, liver and onions breath!  (McMahon to Carson)

I have no desire to...nor do I have any illusions about changing anyone's mind in here.

For chrissakes, you've already committed 'suicide' by getting yourselves zotted from a place you still can't tear yourselves away from or even stop talking about. 

You're like a heroin addict forced to go cold turkey.   
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 02:09:10 am by DCPatriot »

Offline OldSaltUSN

« Reply #120 on: June 08, 2016, 02:21:06 am »
This was an SNL skit, right?

This couldn't have been Trump, saying this stuff seriously?!   Man, I have been WAY wrong in crediting Trump with any common sense or intelligence. 

What he said he didn't like, wasn't what he was asked about.

If you don't believe in "American Exceptionalism", you're essentially saying that you don't believe in core American values, as in, the Constitution, God given human rights, work ethic, "never say die", and etc...  Even with America's reputation in the tank after 16 years of rule by two village idiot Democrats, within 24 years, America still remains "that city on a hill", that beacon for justice and freedom, to the vast majority of the people of the world (who are not Muslim).

Trump thought the question was about Americans, not America.   "Obtuse", don't begin to cover it.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #121 on: June 08, 2016, 02:26:57 am »
This was an SNL skit, right?

This couldn't have been Trump, saying this stuff seriously?!   Man, I have been WAY wrong in crediting Trump with any common sense or intelligence. 

What he said he didn't like, wasn't what he was asked about.

If you don't believe in "American Exceptionalism", you're essentially saying that you don't believe in core American values, as in, the Constitution, God given human rights, work ethic, "never say die", and etc...  Even with America's reputation in the tank after 16 years of rule by two village idiot Democrats, within 24 years, America still remains "that city on a hill", that beacon for justice and freedom, to the vast majority of the people of the world (who are not Muslim).

Trump thought the question was about Americans, not America.   "Obtuse", don't begin to cover it.

Why do you think he was so determined to avoid defending it in the military? Most people arent ready to die for things they don't believe in.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #122 on: June 08, 2016, 02:29:53 am »

I have no desire to...nor do I have any illusions about changing anyone's mind in here.

For chrissakes, you've already committed 'suicide' by getting yourselves zotted from a place you still can't tear yourselves away from or even stop talking about. 

Oughta do more research. I didn't get zotted. I left because I saw the train wreck coming months in advance. Of my own free will. And with all my integrity intact.

Because...AWESOME! ;)

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #123 on: June 08, 2016, 02:33:14 am »

Oughta do more research. I didn't get zotted. I left because I saw the train wreck coming months in advance. Of my own free will. And with all my integrity intact.

Because...AWESOME! ;)

:laugh:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #124 on: June 08, 2016, 02:59:57 am »

Ain't that the truth!   

And I'm not trying to change anyone's mind - that is something each person has to decide for themselves.   
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!