Author Topic: BREAKING: Kristol Eyes Conservative Lawyer David French for Independent Presidential Run  (Read 19615 times)

Offline Poser

So answer me this:

How do you stop both Trump and Clinton?

You have no answer because in your mind, you have to choose one or the other. Both wholly unacceptable candidates. Both a clear threat to our freedom. Yet in your mind, Trump is better and for one reason alone: he has an R next to his name.

Answer: You can't. You can only stop one of them. I choose to stop Hillary.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Answer: You can't. You can only stop one of them. I choose to stop Hillary.
So you choose to put unfit, unacceptable Trump in office, then.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
That's all assumption on your part and it flies in the face of clear differences in the two.
One is Obama's third term. The other is Buzz Windrip in real life. Sure, there's clear differences, but they're both extremely dangerous and unfit for the office.

I, for one, reject both.

Offline Poser

You have a choice. Hillary or Trump. Your opinion appears to be that they are equivalent. I reject your opinion. I submit my opinion that Trump is better than Clinton in many ways.

It appears we will have to agree to disagree. As a Republican voter who will not vote Republican, you bring Hillary one vote closer to the presidency. I believe that is a grave mistake. People did the same thing four years ago. It was a mistake then too.

Offline roamer_1

I, for one, reject both.

That's right. Fight to get more conservatives in the House and Senate to stop either one.

Offline roamer_1

You have a choice. Hillary or Trump.

No, You have a choice: Hillary, Trump, Castle, Johnson, or 'none of the above'. All of them valid.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
You are not trying something new. You are trying something that failed.

Says the guy supporting a liberal Leftist from the Northeast running with an "R" after his name. 

Remember a funny looking guy from Texas named Ross Perot?

Remember the funny ObamaCare architect liberal named Mitt Romney?

He got Bill Clinton Elected

He got Obama "elected" to a second term.

The whole third party thing has been tried and tried again.

I don't care.  The GOP is dead to me.  I'm never voting for anyone but a Staunch Vetted Christian Conservative ever again.

Also, please note that staying home doesn't work either.

What do you plan to do to us if we decide to stay home of vote third party? Join your compatriots on Social media calling for our executions for treason?

We will do as we damn well please.  We don't care if you don't like it.  You chose a liberal Leftist to be supreme ruler.  Enjoy him, and you will do so without any votes from us.

Let's try not to repeat the mistakes of the past.

Then you shouldn't have gone gaga for a Northeastern Liberal Leftist who voted for a known Communist for NYC mayor less than 3 years ago, who supported the Clinton and just a few weeks ago endorsed a pro-Amnesty, Pro-Abortion leftist who came in third place.

You will have a "result" far worse than Romney's trouncing in 2012.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Poser

No, You have a choice: Hillary, Trump, Castle, Johnson, or 'none of the above'. All of them valid.

True. All of those choices are valid, but only two can win. As a Republican, avoiding that choice subtracts one vote from the Republican, making the Democrat one vote closer to victory.  Castle, Johnson and non of the above will not win. I'm hoping the onlyBernie non-voters will more than balance the neverTrump non-voters.

Offline roamer_1

True. All of those choices are valid, but only two can win.

Depends entirely upon what you consider 'winning'

As a Republican, avoiding that choice subtracts one vote from the Republican, making the Democrat one vote closer to victory. 

I am no longer a Republican precisely because of that line of thinking. I am not obligated to the Republicans in any fashion, even as they have not felt obligated to me...

Castle, Johnson and non of the above will not win.

Again, that depends upon what you think winning is.

I'm hoping the onlyBernie non-voters will more than balance the neverTrump non-voters.

Ever the hope of those who throw away the Conservatives to go up the middle. Because it's worked so very well in the past.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 03:06:13 am by roamer_1 »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

No, Those who nominated Trump chose hillary.

Whatever helps you sleep nights, @roamer_1   :smokin:

Offline wolfcreek

Jezzz, why don't you just come out and say you want Hillary in office.

Offline wolfcreek

That's right. Fight to get more conservatives in the House and Senate to stop either one.

Because they've done such a bang-up job of stopping Obama and the Leftist agenda?

You people are blind.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

I don't want Hillary in office.   I want Trump to be denied the nomination because Hillary will be the next POTUS if Trump's the nominee.

The only way to prevent Clinton is to get rid of Trump.    There is no other way.   Man up and face reality.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline roamer_1

Because they've done such a bang-up job of stopping Obama and the Leftist agenda?

You people are blind.

Doesn't matter. The White House is lost, one way or the other. Congress is the next best thing to focus upon. And if we don't, that'll be lost too.

Offline aligncare

Doesn't matter. The White House is lost, one way or the other. Congress is the next best thing to focus upon. And if we don't, that'll be lost too.

Johnny Carson had a skit, the Amazing Kreskin? Ed McMahon would hand Johnny an envelope with a question written on a card inside and Kreskin, in his turban and cape, would hold the envelope to his temple and devine the answer sealed inside, to great comic effect.

You're no Carson, but still, you're pretty good. Do you have writers or do you come up with this stuff on your own?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 06:36:18 pm by aligncare »

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Johnny Carson had a skit, the Amazing Kreskin? Ed McMahon would hand Johnny an envelope with a question written on a card inside and Kreskin, in his turban and cape, would hold the envelope to his temple and devine the answer sealed inside, to great comic effect.

You're no Carson, but still, you're pretty good. Do you have writers or do you come up with this stuff on your own?

Keep defending the undfendable....he is a living breathing gaffe machine  Trump has already lost 5-10% of the vote (conservatives) which he has already written off (and quoted so).  You really think 90-95% of the balance are going to bite considering 50% of the voting population is already (1) bat shit crazy liberals, (2) minorities, (3) blindly voting unions, or (4) entitlement junkies? 

Focusing on the house and senate may be the only way to save this country till 2020.  Delusional Trump supporters just can't understand that.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

You're right - I shouldn't predict. Some incredible act of God could leave us with a Conservative (Castle) or a Libertarian (Johnson) in the White House. But otherwise, it will be a liberal, one way or the other... So for all intensive porpoises, barring the outright strange, the White House is lost.

Offline wolfcreek

I don't want Hillary in office.   I want Trump to be denied the nomination because Hillary will be the next POTUS if Trump's the nominee.

The only way to prevent Clinton is to get rid of Trump.    There is no other way.   Man up and face reality.

That's simply fallacious. Trump is up in the polls and continuing to rise. Hell Hillary just may get indicted before the election.

Just admit you guys want Hillary to win just to prove you are right.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
That's simply fallacious. Trump is up in the polls and continuing to rise. Hell Hillary just may get indicted before the election.

I've made that exact claim on here months ago.

Its why I've labeled them anarchists.  Enemies of the GOP, where they place their own egos above the country.

Oh...they'll say they're doing it for noble reasons.   But they're full of crap.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline wolfcreek

Its why I've labeled them anarchists.  Enemies of the GOP, where they place their own egos above the country.

Oh...they'll say they're doing it for noble reasons.   But they're full of crap.

Glad I missed "months of this"  :thud:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Glad I missed "months of this"  :thud:

Glad you did, too, my FRiend.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Jazzhead has stated repeatedly a willingness to vote for Hillary.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

HonestJohn

Says the man who wanted Trump because he'd "blow up the GOP".

You got your wish. 

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
But I don't. I don't want either one. You and others here do. I'll keep fighting until Election Day to stop both of those megalomaniacs.

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Trump is up in the polls and continuing to rise.

LOL...I guess that Bloomberg poll today with Trump down by 12 pct points was a mirage huh?    Your boy is providing a text book example of a political implosion.  There needs to be a revolt at the convention to put someone sane in before it is too late.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.