Author Topic: Donald Trump Changes Tune, Denies Lusting Over Princess Diana  (Read 6473 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Donald Trump Changes Tune, Denies Lusting Over Princess Diana

Politics
May 17 2016, 8:14 am ET

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/donald-trump-changes-tune-denies-lusting-over-princess-diana-n575186?cid=sm_fb

Donald Trump denied romantically pursuing Princess Diana in an interview that aired Tuesday, despite previously claiming he would have slept with the late royal "without even hesitation."

Trump told radio host Howard Stern in 2000 that Diana was "a great beauty," before adding that "she was crazy, but these are minor details."

When Stern asked: "Would you have slept with her?" Trump replied: "Without even hesitation."

In a separate interview just months after Diana's death in 1997, Stern asked Trump whether he could have had sex with her.

"You could have gotten her, right? You could have nailed her?" the shock jock asked.

Trump replied: "I think I could have."

The two interviews were unearthed by BuzzFeed in February.

However on Tuesday, the presumptive Republican nominee gave a seemingly different account to Piers Morgan, host of Good Morning Britain, the breakfast show of NBC News' U.K. partner ITV.

Related: 'I'm Not Stupid, OK?' Trump Hits Back at British PM

"There was a flurry of stories recently that you'd had a little frisson [romantic interest] for Princess Diana," Morgan said.

Trump said this was "totally false" but added he "thought she was lovely" when the pair met in New York.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 01:52:50 pm by don-o »

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Re: Donald Trump Changes Tune, Denies Lusting Over Princess Diana
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 01:51:59 pm »
Why does he lie so much?

Why do people support a pathological liar?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 02:00:03 pm »
Why does he lie so much?

Because they and he are amoral.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 02:05:38 pm »
Why does he lie so much?

Because banging Princess Di was not a desire on Trump's part.  Just a suggestion.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 02:46:35 pm »
Related: 'I'm Not Stupid, OK?

Based on his comments over the years I think he's going to have a heard time convincing the voters of that :pondering:

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 02:52:37 pm »
Why does he lie so much?

Saying "I'd hit it" is not the same as lusting or pursuing. Get a grip.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2016, 02:56:14 pm »
Why does he lie so much?

If you look at Trump's old interviews especially or read The Art of the Deal, he really does have a different moral compass as normal people. To him, a lie isn't a lie, it is a strategic placement to get what he wants, be it to close a deal or to give someone an impression of him he wants to create. He doesn't seem to really emphasize with others at all and how other parties are impacted by his lies- all he cares about is the deal. The real shocker is how man on the Right are so willing to not only give him a pass, but constantly make excuses for him or pass along his spin of the day. If he says something today, what he says about it is absolute truth and you are lying about the past if you say otherwise. Tomorrow could completely change and if you bring up today, you are lying about it. I've been in heated arguments right here where I would argue against a point Trump made (recently his 'negotiations with creditors/bankruptcy' issue), then the next day, Trump would take a different approach and those I was arguing with would make the same point I made simply because Trump said it (and deny what they said the day prior).
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 03:10:17 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2016, 02:59:52 pm »
Saying "I'd hit it" is not the same as lusting or pursuing. Get a grip.

Yes it is.

"I'd Hit it"

Vernacular, commonly used by males, meaning, "I would like to have sexual relations with that female."
"Wow, she's stacked! I'd hit it!"

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=I%27d%20Hit%20it

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2016, 03:01:45 pm »
Was Trump lusting after Di before or after the accident?

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2016, 03:03:50 pm »
Yes it is.

"I'd Hit it"

Vernacular, commonly used by males, meaning, "I would like to have sexual relations with that female."
"Wow, she's stacked! I'd hit it!"

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=I%27d%20Hit%20it
Ah another Democrat meme. No its the same as the guilty or innocent game on FR, Nothing of a romantic pursuit which is the thrust of this hit piece article from the left.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline Half Vast Conspiracy

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2016, 03:04:48 pm »

Because banging Princess Di was not a desire on Trump's part.  Just a suggestion.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2016, 03:06:19 pm »
Ah another Democrat meme. No its the same as the guilty or innocent game on FR, Nothing of a romantic pursuit which is the thrust of this hit piece article from the left.

You're making no sense again.  There is NOTHING romantic about Trump's pursuit of women, any women, including his wives.  It's a business deal:  you stay hot, and I'll keep you.  Otherwise, you're gone.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2016, 03:08:16 pm »
You're making no sense again.  There is NOTHING romantic about Trump's pursuit of women, any women, including his wives.  It's a business deal:  you stay hot, and I'll keep you.  Otherwise, you're gone.
I see you projecting your own issues on Trump now.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2016, 03:12:24 pm »
Why does he lie so much?

A pants on fire liar; the dozens of roses and orchids he obsessively sent to Lady Di [in an effort to woo her] caused her to say "he gives me the creeps."

And I asked my better half your question months ago, adding in the fact DJT has few principles, no moral backbone; and my dh said, he receives support because there are so many people just like him.

America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2016, 03:20:10 pm »

I've been married for a quarter century to the same woman.  You, I suspect, are not married because you're so angry.

You support Trump because you're just like him.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2016, 03:20:39 pm »
A pants on fire liar; the dozens of roses and orchids he obsessively sent to Lady Di [in an effort to woo her] caused her to say "he gives me the creeps."

And I asked my better half your question months ago, adding in the fact DJT has few principles, no moral backbone; and my dh said, he receives support because there are so many people just like him.

More pain must be endured, I suppose.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 03:21:12 pm by don-o »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2016, 04:15:28 pm »
I've been married for a quarter century to the same woman.  You, I suspect, are not married because you're so angry.

You support Trump because you're just like him.

Morality, decency and character do not matter to those who see Trump as a political savior.  They will continue to make excuses for anything and everything he does and says and cheer on his indiscretions, infidelity and vulgarity as an attribute to be admired and emulated.

Same as the Obama drones do for their dictator.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2016, 04:22:36 pm »
More pain must be endured, I suppose.

America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline kjam22

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2016, 04:25:37 pm »
Morality, decency and character do not matter to those who see Trump as a political savior.  They will continue to make excuses for anything and everything he does and says and cheer on his indiscretions, infidelity and vulgarity as an attribute to be admired and emulated.

Same as the Obama drones do for their dictator.

I've said before.... it's because America is where Israel was in 1st Samuel 8.   Israel had God as it's king, leader, savior, sustainer etc.... but they wanted a king like the other people around them.   Eventually God gave them a king and by and large they were all bad and self serving.   They destroyed Israel.    God gave America a constitutional republic, but the people want a king.   Someone who will rule by decree in a way that they see fit.   The impoverished want king Obama while the over taxed and frustrated, or racists want King Trumpy.   They'll do and believe anything to get their King in power.  It will destroy this country.  We are "mystery Babalyon."   

America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Online ScottinVA

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2016, 04:26:15 pm »
"Yeah... that's the ticket.... I had lust for the future QUEEEEEEEN of England... yeah..."

Online ScottinVA

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2016, 04:28:34 pm »

Can you not see even one single shortcoming of Trump's?  Is he really that regal and flawless to you?

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2016, 04:30:06 pm »
This is going to be a daily occurrence from the Clinton Camp, and it won't get any better as time goes on.
The closer we get to November, the crazier the stories that will come out will be.
Count on it.
Did any of us really expect it to be any different?
Now, if we had chosen a Republican candidate who didn't have a lifetime of bizarre headlines.........
Why, we may actually have to talk about issues!
Neither candidate left can really do that, because they are similar on a lot of issue.
Immigration ( and trade, perhaps) may be the only things they truly differ on, and they still remains to be flushed out in their entirety.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 04:31:13 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2016, 04:30:21 pm »
Why does he lie so much?

Why do you care so much and pay so much attention to Donald Trump's intimate, personal life?  Do you not have one of your own to focus on?   :pondering:

Online ScottinVA

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2016, 04:30:49 pm »
Nothing of a romantic pursuit which is the thrust of this hit piece article from the left.

Right... nothing of a romantic pursuit of any kind.  On that, we agree.  Trump was simply being the horndog that he is.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2016, 04:32:17 pm »
Can you not see even one single shortcoming of Trump's?  Is he really that regal and flawless to you?
I'm not infatuated with Trump like the Cruz acolytes in here being stroked by the democrats.
Put the shoe on the other foot. The same type of garbage was put out against Cruz by the NE. All I see in here now is hypocrites doing a double standard. Principled conservatives my ass.