Author Topic: Trump: U.S. can never default because it prints money  (Read 9068 times)

Offline LadyLiberty

Re: Trump: U.S. can never default because it prints money
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2016, 03:29:53 pm »
Ultimately the wall will be used to keep people in...

LOL, it reminds me of something that a Trump supporter tweeted.  She said that the wall would be great because it would not only secure the border, but it would also prevent companies from moving out of the US.   :thud:

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2016, 03:30:46 pm »
Can you even get a credit rating after four bankruptcies?

I would guess that incorporation protected Trump from personal bankruptcies. That is basically their whole purpose.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2016, 03:31:12 pm »
Jeb Bush.

He not only talked about cutting spending and reducing the size of government during the primaries, but he in fact cut spending and reduced the size of government as a Governor in my State.

The problem is that we were too busy paying attention to discussions about the candidate's penis sizes and completely discarded aside anyone who had anything of substance to say.

Jeb bush mouths words. The same words every psuedocon in the GOP mouthed for over 3 decades. Jeb can say all he wants. But saying is all he did. And because he said it and the world knows what a fraud he is, he cheapened the very ideas he mouthed.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2016, 03:49:42 pm »
Jeb bush mouths words. The same words every psuedocon in the GOP mouthed for over 3 decades. Jeb can say all he wants. But saying is all he did. And because he said it and the world knows what a fraud he is, he cheapened the very ideas he mouthed.

BS.

He was the Governor in the State where I live.

He reduced government spending by reducing the size of government. He privatized 13,000+ jobs.

He reduced taxes by $19 billion.

The State went from having $1.3 billion to $9.8 billion in cash reserves during his eight years as Governor.

He ended Affirmative Action for State workers, contractors and university admissions in the State

He moved Medicaid recipients to private managed-care plans, reducing the costs to taxpayers.

He received an A+ from the NRA after championing and signing the nation's first "stand your ground" law.

Jeb is vocally and actively pro-life.

The only one mouthing words here is you.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 03:50:11 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2016, 03:55:29 pm »
Can you even get a credit rating after four bankruptcies?
Of course when you are honest about them. Out of 400 plus businesses he had 4 reorganization chapter 11 ones on those businesses during an economic downturn. aka 1% during bad times. He himself has not had a bankruptcy.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2016, 03:58:10 pm »
I agree, although now I'm thinking maybe Trump is the pop culture vehicle we need, the "President Camacho" if you will, to propel us to victory, and maybe if we can convince him to hire the right conservative people in all the right places then he may end up being a good conservative president after all?

Thinking out loud here.

If that's not the bottom of the barrel, you can sure see it from there.

Aspiring to Idiocracy!!!!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2016, 03:59:23 pm »
Of course when you are honest about them. Out of 400 plus businesses he had 4 reorganization chapter 11 ones on those businesses during an economic downturn. aka 1% during bad times. He himself has not had a bankruptcy.

One of, if not the primary reason for incorporation is to erect a wall of financial separation between the business and the owner.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 03:59:42 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2016, 03:59:29 pm »
Personal bankruptcy is very different than corporation bankruptcy. The two are very, very different.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2016, 03:59:40 pm »

Of course he hasn't had any personal bankruptcies.  He loads his businesses with his personal debt so he can stiff his creditors.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2016, 04:02:45 pm »
Of course he hasn't had any personal bankruptcies.  He loads his businesses with his personal debt so he can stiff his creditors.
Wrong. he is a Turn-around manager buying up failing/under-performing operations and making them profitable. They already had the debt and problems when he took them over.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2016, 04:03:33 pm »
"Jeb is vocally and actively pro-life."

Yes, the family of Terri Schaivo is utterly thrilled with Jeb's pro life credentials. She would be I'm sure except he abandoned her to die.

"The only one mouthing words here is you."

Difference being, mine are correct. Shall we get into the utter political mess your state is in?

Bill Cipher

« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2016, 04:06:12 pm »
Weimar Germany tried to print its way out of trouble too. That didn't go too well, did it?  Same with Mugabe's Zimbabwe. 

Bill Cipher

« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2016, 04:06:59 pm »
Wrong. he is a Turn-around manager buying up failing/under-performing operations and making them profitable. They already had the debt and problems when he took them over.

You're confusing Romney with Trump.  Trump's debt problems are all homegrown. 

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2016, 04:11:52 pm »
If printing money is all it takes, then why did Argentina default on a bunch of its bonds years ago; a default that just got cleared up?

And what assets will the US use to buy back its debt at a discount, other than more US government debt?  And how are we going to get this discount?  Debt is only discounted if holders do not want it, which means that for the US to buy its debt at a discount there must be some reason why investors feel that other sovereign debt is safer, which in turn means basically that the US economy has to be worse off than the rest of the world economy.  All of which implies that at bottom Trump's idea only works if he makes America even worse off than it is now; it certainly doesn't work if he makes America great again.

Ding!

Exactly. The only way you can buy back debt is to have a surplus and positive cash flow - which you don't when you're constantly issuing new debt at the same time. And since interest rates at that point would be higher, you'd just end up with the same dollar amount at higher interest rates.

Unless of course he's talking about nationalizing the Fed and having them print their way out of it. Not the first time he's suggested that.

And there as you mentioned is that implicit comment that he expect things to tank hard.
The Republic is lost.

Online libertybele

« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2016, 04:12:47 pm »
Wow.  Just wow.  This guy is a total freakin' dip sh*t!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2016, 04:16:56 pm »

Yes, the family of Terri Schaivo is utterly thrilled with Jeb's pro life credentials. She would be I'm sure except he abandoned her to die.

Difference being, mine are correct. Shall we get into the utter political mess your state is in?

He didn't "abandon her to die", he was legally unable to stop it or delay it any further.

Sooner or later, the law has to be observed.

Wingnut

« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2016, 04:18:45 pm »
Wow.  Just wow.  This guy is a total freakin' dip sh*t!

It took 66 pryor posts and thousands of words...but you pretty much nailed it.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2016, 04:19:41 pm »

You want to discuss the mess that the State is in nearly ten years after Bush's governorship and somehow attach it to him?

How about addressing all his accomplishments while in office first?

I listed them and you took a weak swat at one.

Offline bob434

Re: Trump: US cannot default, it prints money
« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2016, 04:21:19 pm »
typical donald style- say something stupid- get called for it, and immediately attack the messenger- in this case he's attacking the press for 'incorrect reporting''

Yay- 4 years of him blaming everyone else but himself- like 8 years of it already under current administration wasn't quite enough-

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2016, 04:23:23 pm »

Jeb Bush pushed a law through the Florida Legislature that authorized the woman's feedings to resume, six days after a court stopped them in 2003. The Florida Supreme Court later ruled the law unconstitutional.

He abandoned her to die...

BS.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2016, 04:23:30 pm »
He didn't "abandon her to die", he was legally unable to stop it or delay it any further.

The problem arises when observing the "law" violates the oath you swore.

Whatever happened to integrity?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2016, 04:23:45 pm »
Please keep the topic of this thread on track...thanks
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2016, 04:25:17 pm »
The problem arises when observing the "law" violates the oath you swore.

Whatever happened to integrity?

The oath you swore was to obey the laws not to overturn them according to your own beliefs.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2016, 04:25:52 pm »

He abandoned her to die. He could have EASILY locked it up in court granting her an executive clemency overturning execution on the grounds she did not stand trial and multiple courts would have been forced to litigate every individual aspect of that independently for YEARS.

Please do not tell me that a Governor and Attorney General could not do it. They can.