Author Topic: Trump Says Taxes for the Wealthy Should Go Up  (Read 4406 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Trump Says Taxes for the Wealthy Should Go Up
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2016, 01:28:49 pm »
The problem is that the lower class pay NO taxes. They do not have any skin in the game. Therefore, they are going to elect people who will promise them lots of government candy.
Thus government gets bigger.

If we DO have everyone paying taxes, they are going to vote for those who will reduce spending.

Which is precisely why we need to get rid of the Marxist income tax entirely and go to a point of retail sale only sales tax on NEW goods and services only!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2016, 01:58:54 pm »
Which is precisely why we need to get rid of the Marxist income tax entirely and go to a point of retail sale only sales tax on NEW goods and services only!

Actually, if you really wanted our system to be consistent according to the intentions of the founding fathers, the federal government should never directly tax citizens or businesses.  Instead the fed should tax the states, taking a % of the gross tax receipts, and let the states determine what tax works best for their citizens.

But I know that will never happen.  Fed likes the control too much.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 01:59:13 pm by Just_Victor »
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2016, 02:08:54 pm »
Actually, if you really wanted our system to be consistent according to the intentions of the founding fathers, the federal government should never directly tax citizens or businesses.  Instead the fed should tax the states, taking a % of the gross tax receipts, and let the states determine what tax works best for their citizens.

But I know that will never happen.  Fed likes the control too much.

The Fairttax is a close to that as we are ever likely to get!

Read all about it!  http://fairtax.org/

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

geronl

« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2016, 02:15:33 pm »
Now trump says everybody gets a tax cut....

after his minions spent the last  few days justifying tax hikes... lol

geronl

« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2016, 02:16:19 pm »
The Fairttax is a close to that as we are ever likely to get!

Read all about it!  http://fairtax.org/

I read it way back when and the whole prebate thing is the most idiotic idea in history

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2016, 02:17:52 pm »
The problem is that the lower class pay NO taxes.

True on the federal level. They do pay sales taxes on the local and state level. I believe that "sin taxes" are federally levied as well, they certainly pay those in large numbers.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2016, 02:22:07 pm »
I read it way back when and the whole prebate thing is the most idiotic idea in history

Sorry but you are just plain wrong about that!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2016, 02:29:01 pm »
Mind explaining why you think so?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

• Technical
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2016, 02:29:54 pm »
Fair tax is good stuff, it's just about as likely to happen as repealing the 17th amendment, about a .000000001% chance of it happening.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2016, 02:30:51 pm »
Fair tax is good stuff, it's just about as likely to happen as repealing the 17th amendment, about a .000000001% chance of it happening.

I don't think so!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

• Technical
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2016, 02:33:43 pm »
I don't think so!

Won't happen in my lifetime.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2016, 02:36:26 pm »
Won't happen in my lifetime.

Maybe not! But you might also get a surprise!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2016, 02:53:28 pm »
The incessant whining of the anti/neverTrumps is rather pathetic. They accuse Trump of being a liberal and the democrats attack him. Then the anti-Trumps claim Trump couldn't beat Hillary and we find out the libs had already allocated $21 million for anti-Trump campaign ads before he even became the presumptive GOP nominee. We're not sure how much the GOP has spent to derail Trumps campaign. Inspite of the attacks and denigration, Trump continues to accumulate more supporters.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Donald_Trump_presidential_campaign_endorsements,_2016

State Governors
Current

Greg Abbott, Texas (previously endorsed Ted Cruz)[347]
    Phil Bryant, Mississippi (previously endorsed Ted Cruz)[337]
    Mary Fallin, Oklahoma[348]
    Nikki Haley, South Carolina (previously endorsed Marco Rubio, then Ted Cruz)[349]
    Asa Hutchinson, Arkansas (previously endorsed Mike Huckabee, then Marco Rubio)[350]
    Pat McCrory, North Carolina[351]
    Mike Pence, Indiana (previously endorsed Ted Cruz)[352]
    Pete Ricketts, Nebraska[353]
    Brian Sandoval, Nevada (previously endorsed John Kasich)[354]
    Scott Walker, Wisconsin (former 2016 presidential candidate) (previously endorsed Ted Cruz)[355]

Former

Jim Gilmore, Virginia (former 2016 presidential candidate)[356]
    Mike Huckabee, Arkansas (former 2016 and 2008 presidential candidate)[357]
    Jon Huntsman, Utah (former 2012 presidential candidate)[358]
    Bobby Jindal, Louisiana (former 2016 presidential candidate) (previously endorsed Marco Rubio)[359]
    Tim Pawlenty, Minnesota (former 2012 presidential candidate) (previously endorsed Marco Rubio) [360]
    Rick Perry, Texas (former 2016 and 2012 presidential candidate) (previously endorsed Ted Cruz

Like everyone does when someone becomes the nominee. Do you think that's enough support to get him elected?

Apparently not, he's still sucking wind in the polls.
The Republic is lost.

geronl

« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2016, 05:17:39 pm »
Mind explaining why you think so?

The whole idea that everyone should get a check from the government is stupid

The idea of replacing the income tax with something else that is also graduated and gives money to those who paid nothing while others still pay more.

In other words its not a tax cut, it is "revenue neutral" and the only real difference is that check from the government for everybody. The minute you start sending them checks from the government, you got them voting Democrat forever. It will be turned into the largest welfare schemes in world history. Democrats will run for office promising bigger prebate checks, especially for the poor and middle class.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2016, 05:25:01 pm »
The whole idea that everyone should get a check from the government is stupid

The idea of replacing the income tax with something else that is also graduated and gives money to those who paid nothing while others still pay more.

In other words its not a tax cut, it is "revenue neutral" and the only real difference is that check from the government for everybody. The minute you start sending them checks from the government, you got them voting Democrat forever. It will be turned into the largest welfare schemes in world history. Democrats will run for office promising bigger prebate checks, especially for the poor and middle class.

Under the FairTax, all Americans consume what they see as their necessities of life free of tax. While permitting no exemptions, the FairTax (HR25/S122) provides a monthly universal prebate to ensure that each family unit can consume tax free at or beyond the poverty level, with the overall effect of making the FairTax progressive in application.

There is no marriage penalty as the couple gets twice the amount that a single adult receives. While everyone pays the same tax rate at the cash register, the prebate results in effective tax rates (annual taxes paid divided by annual spending) that increase as the level of spending increases a progressive tax rate structure. For example, a person spending at the poverty level has a 0% effective tax rate, whereas someone spending at twice the poverty level has an effective tax rate of 11.5%, and so on. -

The FairTax is replacement, not reform. It replaces ALL federal income taxes (personal, estate, gift, capital gains, alternative minimum and corporate), Social Security, Medicare, self-employment taxes.  Everyone pays something at the cash register every time they make a purchase and get a detailed receipt showing the exact amount of tax paid! EVERYONE becomes acutely aware of exactly what all this government is costing them.

Meanwhile business can build or expand their business without having to give even one second's worth of consideration to the tax implications of doing so and the economy booms like no one alive in America today has ever seen!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 05:39:56 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

geronl

« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2016, 05:43:26 pm »
No prebate! It's ridiculously stupid.

Cut the tax until it squares. Period.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2016, 05:52:12 pm »
No prebate! It's ridiculously stupid.

Cut the tax until it squares. Period.

So we forget all of the multitude of benefits to the economy and individual taxpayers because it contains one provision you don't like?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

A-Lert

« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2016, 07:50:13 pm »
The problem is that the lower class pay NO taxes. They do not have any skin in the game. Therefore, they are going to elect people who will promise them lots of government candy.
Thus government gets bigger.

If we DO have everyone paying taxes, they are going to vote for those who will reduce spending.

That makes too much sense.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2016, 07:54:34 pm »
People who pay no income tax should not be allowed to vote.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2016, 08:03:57 pm »
One of the odd notes in the UK welfare system is withholding.

You get your unemployment, or your income support, or whatever, but 9% of the face value is withheld as your national insurance contribution. It was designed for the State pension book keeping - you have to have a certain number of years of NI contributions, so this way your contributions keep going regardless.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline spacejunkie

« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2016, 09:00:48 pm »
I LOVE the fair tax and surely hope it comes to fruition.  Trump's plans for our country are unnerving to say the least as he is a big gov't liberal and proves it every day by what he SAYS to contradict the other things he says. 

Under the FairTax, all Americans consume what they see as their necessities of life free of tax. While permitting no exemptions, the FairTax (HR25/S122) provides a monthly universal prebate to ensure that each family unit can consume tax free at or beyond the poverty level, with the overall effect of making the FairTax progressive in application.

There is no marriage penalty as the couple gets twice the amount that a single adult receives. While everyone pays the same tax rate at the cash register, the prebate results in effective tax rates (annual taxes paid divided by annual spending) that increase as the level of spending increases a progressive tax rate structure. For example, a person spending at the poverty level has a 0% effective tax rate, whereas someone spending at twice the poverty level has an effective tax rate of 11.5%, and so on. -

The FairTax is replacement, not reform. It replaces ALL federal income taxes (personal, estate, gift, capital gains, alternative minimum and corporate), Social Security, Medicare, self-employment taxes.  Everyone pays something at the cash register every time they make a purchase and get a detailed receipt showing the exact amount of tax paid! EVERYONE becomes acutely aware of exactly what all this government is costing them.

Meanwhile business can build or expand their business without having to give even one second's worth of consideration to the tax implications of doing so and the economy booms like no one alive in America today has ever seen!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2016, 09:27:31 pm »
I LOVE the fair tax and surely hope it comes to fruition.  Trump's plans for our country are unnerving to say the least as he is a big gov't liberal and proves it every day by what he SAYS to contradict the other things he says.

It ain't perfect but It's head and shoulders above the Marxist mess we have now!  :patriot:

- J. R. R. Tolkien