Author Topic: The War on Trump Supporters Must Stop  (Read 23790 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: The War on Trump Supporters Must Stop
« Reply #125 on: May 07, 2016, 05:56:12 pm »
Within a sea of childish whining, hyperbole and "take my ball and go home" maturity...your post stands out as being reasonable and well thought out. I agree with you that Trump needs to do the things you mention, and it is incumbent on him to go the extra mile to heal some of the rifts created by his style and...well..crassness (I would call it candor, but I can see why many find it crass). Some of this rift stems from "establishment" resentment that an outsider has taken over leadership of "their" party, but it remains nonetheless Donald's job to bring as many people on board as is possible, including establishment leaders. 

For the record, he has been clear as to the kinds of Supreme Court nominees he's looking for...in the Scalia mold. Personally, I'd like see him...as a candidate...put forward that he WILL nominate Ted Cruz to fill the Scalia spot once he takes office. This would go a good ways to healing some of the current rift and hurt feelings AND there is no doubt that Cruz is a brilliant legal mind…

So Trump is still going to be Trump, but I think you'll see him working hard to heal the party's conflicts....in his own admittedly rough way...At least, that is my very sincere belief.

Like just about every Trump supporter I have ever read or heard, and just like the Obama messianics before them; you are PROJECTING your own hopes and dreams upon a candidate who has given absolutely NO evidence he is going to do ANY of what you hope and dream beyond platitudes, rhetoric, sound bites and demagoguery.

Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

Just as we nailed Obama for what he was in 2007& 2008 to deaf ears, so too have we Trump.

Trump will finish what Obama and the GOP Establishment ruling class started: Trump will be the final nail in the coffin of Constitutional Conservatism in this country.

Mark my words.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #126 on: May 07, 2016, 06:07:06 pm »
So if I understand the logic here, we shouldn't vote for Trump because we don't know if he'll keep all those promises, but Hillary's okay because we know she will keep her promises... :huh?:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #127 on: May 07, 2016, 06:13:30 pm »
How do you expect to win over people with statements like that!.....stop it!

If a Trump supporter considers me one of the 'crazies' then I am actually honored!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #128 on: May 07, 2016, 06:16:55 pm »
So if I understand the logic here, we shouldn't vote for Trump because we don't know if he'll keep all those promises, but Hillary's okay because we know she will keep her promises... :huh?:

We didn't say a damned thing about voting FOR The Mao Pantsuit did we?

Of course most of you are still operating under the delusion that we are still a Republic, and the velvet coup we suffered never happened.

Normalcy Bias can be fatal.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 06:17:37 pm by INVAR »

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline libertybele

« Reply #129 on: May 07, 2016, 06:18:55 pm »

I have no doubt that Trump won't keep his promises, he's already flip-flopped on several issues.  Trump has no knowledge of the function of government or the Constitution.  Trump's words of wisdom in attacking everyone who has a difference of opinion than his is an embarrassment.  I believe Trump to be a dangerous individual. I believe Trump will destroy this country and I have no desire to contribute to its demise.

Secondly, I haven't heard anyone state that Hillary is ok and I don't know of anyone in here that is voting for her including myself.

#NeverTrump
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #130 on: May 07, 2016, 06:19:35 pm »

Remember, though, that sharp wit and aggressive attack is now shifting towards Hillary...and she has been a given a free ride for a very long time. He is calling her out on her treatment of "Bill's women", Benghazi, playing the "woman" card inordinately, her email felonies, and her horrifically poor foreign policy skills that have put the Middle East into utter chaos (more than the usual madness).

So Trump is still going to be Trump, but I think you'll see him working hard to heal the party's conflicts....in his own admittedly rough way...he knows he won't win over the crazies, like Bigun-liberty-Sink, but he will do everything in his power to hang onto voters like yourself who are at least willing to wait and see how things progress. At least, that is my very sincere belief.

Since Trump has no money for focus-group polling, he's just going to start throwing stuff out against Hillary to see what works.   The attacks against Bill Clinton won't work as the Democrats can come right back at Trump with his admitted infidelities  and all the misgoynistic language he's used.  Plus, Bill is not running for president.   I'm sure you're hoping Trump trots out Bill's women, but those old gals are a little long in the tooth and that's not going to work either, since Bill is not running for president.    Benghazi is worn out. 

I do appreciate your gratuitous swipe at me.  Sure fire way to foster party unity, pal. But, you think a perpetual garbage fire is the right way to run a campaign.

Let me tell you this: looking at Trump and Hillary as human beings, Hillary comes out better on that score because at least she's stable and doesn't insult her way through an argument.

I will NEVER back your boy.  Ever.  And I'm going to do all I can here and in my personal life to make sure he's as close to the Oval Office now as he's ever going to get.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 06:28:54 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #131 on: May 07, 2016, 06:20:44 pm »
Since it's likely whomever the next president is will have a Democrat Senate, if it's Trump, they'll stop him cold on most of what he proposes.

Not so sure about the democRATs stopping Trump.  They might well be all in favor of his policies.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #132 on: May 07, 2016, 06:24:45 pm »

Hillary's not "OK" with anyone here, and you know it.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #133 on: May 07, 2016, 06:27:54 pm »
Right now I cannot stand with tRump or with his cultist supporters who badgered me into this fight of words.   The supporters never stopped with the insults and were the nastiest people to run across on the net and especially over at FR. 

They converted some sane people at FR over to their bashing style and the Third Reich continues today as does the purging.

You're not in FR anymore.  Hopefully you're ready to engage in reasonable discussions.  But, please, don't take your anger out at me or anyone else on this forum.  We don't deserve that.

« Reply #134 on: May 07, 2016, 06:33:47 pm »
Since Trump has no money for focus-group polling, he's just going to start throwing stuff out against Hillary to see what works.   The attacks against Bill Clinton won't work as the Democrats can come right back at Trump with his admitted infidelities  and all the misgoynistic language he's used.  Plus, Bill is not running for president.   I'm sure you're hoping Trump trots out Bill's women, but those old gals are a little long in the tooth and that's not going to work either, since Bill is not running for president.    Benghazi is worn out. 

I do appreciate your gratuitous swipe at me.  Sure fire way to foster party unity, pal. But, you think a perpetual garbage fire is the right way to run a campaign.

Let me tell you this: looking at Trump and Hillary as human beings, Hillary comes out better on that score because at least she's stable and doesn't insult her way through an argument.

Wow.      **nononono*   

Offline musiclady

« Reply #135 on: May 07, 2016, 06:34:29 pm »
The Trump Mob want their Il Duce, with his Loyalty Tests and whatnot - they can have him.

Those of us who actually understand the Constitution and who do not surrender principles for expedience are not going to seig-heil the Squadrisi.

Trump will not have my vote or support, all the threats and intimidation wills imply cement my resolve further.

Our vote is irrelevant anyway.

I am still convinced Trump is in there to ensure Hildabeast is Crowned Dear Mao Pantsuit and make the election appear "legitimate".

We lost the country in 2009.  We just don't realize it yet.

SOME of us do.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #136 on: May 07, 2016, 06:35:55 pm »
Hillary's not "OK" with anyone here, and you know it.

Not so, as a few over the past couple of months have said they would vote for Hillary if Trump gets the nod.  In fact you just might look at a recent post here. 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #137 on: May 07, 2016, 06:37:58 pm »
Wow.      **nononono*

This election is going to come down to who looks more presidential. 

A screaming, orange-faced liar who insults anyone who crosses his path is not presidential.  If the Democrats are smart, they'll slap him with the unstable, crazy moniker and hammer it every day for the next six months.

He fits it.

A-Lert

« Reply #138 on: May 07, 2016, 06:39:04 pm »
You are like other tRump supporters that never pay attention to other candidates when they spoke about the Constitution and Federalism and bringing back the republican form of government.  There were plenty but oh no, Trumpbots come back is , there were NONE...only tRump who spoke of this...  What it was he got the others manuscripts and moved their words around. 

Kinda like the border wall.  Cruz mentioned this wall back when he was running for the Senate.  What does tRump do?  Get the vid, massage the words and wallla.....BUILD a WALL....a Beautiful wall with a Beautiful DOOR.  Effin flim flam man, con artist deluxe.

Your ears are plugged up with tRumpooo.

Cruz has no one to blame but himself. He came off as cold, hard, calculating and unlikable. The longer he appeared in public the more obvious it became. Then the comments from colleagues and peers and his fate was sealed. 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #139 on: May 07, 2016, 06:39:51 pm »
Not so, as a few over the past couple of months have said they would vote for Hillary if Trump gets the nod.  In fact you just might look at a recent post here.

If you're talking about my post, I will not vote for Hillary.

I will not vote for Trump either.  My argument is with Trump.  If Hillary wins as a result of #NeverTrump, it's the fault of the Trump plurality who foisted this fool on the rest of us.

Trump is simply unfit for the presidency.

A-Lert

« Reply #140 on: May 07, 2016, 06:41:32 pm »

3 posters said they would vote for Hillary in the poll taken prior to the influx of FR rejects.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #141 on: May 07, 2016, 06:42:04 pm »
If a Trump supporter considers me one of the 'crazies' then I am actually honored!

And I'm jealous............   

Offline musiclady

« Reply #142 on: May 07, 2016, 06:46:48 pm »

That's far different than thinking Hillary is "OK."  The fact that one or two think she's a better choice than Trump still doesn't mean she's OK.  It just means that they consider him even more horrific a choice (and I understand).

I've also seen a Trump supporter say he would vote for Hillary, so you're going down a pointless path using this argument.

Most of us are not voting for either because both are despicable, dishonest, arrogant leftists who have no right to be President of the United States.  And I will repeat again here that it is TRUMP and his supporters who will be responsible if Hillary wins the Presidency because TRUMP is despised by so many of the American people, and his voters who got caught up in the teenage crush thing with him just didn't know or care enough to realize it.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #143 on: May 07, 2016, 06:50:31 pm »
If you're talking about my post, I will not vote for Hillary.

I will not vote for Trump either.  My argument is with Trump.  If Hillary wins as a result of #NeverTrump, it's the fault of the Trump plurality who foisted this fool on the rest of us.

Trump is simply unfit for the presidency.

I'm not telling you how to vote, just pointing out that some here have said they would vote for her over Trump, and also pointing out that she is a better person.   Interestingly on another thread here today, one poster still bragged about not voting for Romney and said they would do it all over again knowing what has happened over the past 8 years.  I'm just saying I can't follow the logic of those who wouldn't vote for Trump because they aren't sure he'll keep his promises, but they know Hillary's promises and that she'll likely keep them. 

But whoever thought there was a preponderance of logic in the silly season anyway?   :laugh:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #144 on: May 07, 2016, 06:54:38 pm »
3 posters said they would vote for Hillary in the poll taken prior to the influx of FR rejects.

When Trump was sounding like a fire-breathing Conservative earlier in the campaign, many, MANY Republican Establishment types had expressed their outrage by indicating they would vote for Hildabeast rather than Trump if he was the nominee.

When Trump abandoned that to loft his Northeastern Liberal core to the fore, the Ruling Class Establishment became less and less outraged at a Trump nomination and Fox became TrumpPac 2016.

Today - those same Establishment types (Dole, etc), are throwing their support wholesale behind Trump - notably due to his malleable positions and stated praises of Pelosi and Reid while savaging Conservatives without rest.  They saw that they had less to fear from Trump than Cruz in terms of stopping their Crony Fascist gravy train.

A-Lert

« Reply #145 on: May 07, 2016, 07:00:21 pm »
When Trump was sounding like a fire-breathing Conservative earlier in the campaign, many, MANY Republican Establishment types had expressed their outrage by indicating they would vote for Hildabeast rather than Trump if he was the nominee.

When Trump abandoned that to loft his Northeastern Liberal core to the fore, the Ruling Class Establishment became less and less outraged at a Trump nomination and Fox became TrumpPac 2016.

Today - those same Establishment types (Dole, etc), are throwing their support wholesale behind Trump - notably due to his malleable positions and stated praises of Pelosi and Reid while savaging Conservatives without rest.  They saw that they had less to fear from Trump than Cruz in terms of stopping their Crony Fascist gravy train.

So you disagree with Ronald Reagans "Big Tent".  Paraphrasing;'We can't build support and the party through subtraction'.

Take a good, long look at the list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Donald_Trump_presidential_campaign_endorsements,_2016

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #146 on: May 07, 2016, 07:02:38 pm »
That's far different than thinking Hillary is "OK."  The fact that one or two think she's a better choice than Trump still doesn't mean she's OK.  It just means that they consider him even more horrific a choice (and I understand).

I've also seen a Trump supporter say he would vote for Hillary, so you're going down a pointless path using this argument.

Most of us are not voting for either because both are despicable, dishonest, arrogant leftists who have no right to be President of the United States.  And I will repeat again here that it is TRUMP and his supporters who will be responsible if Hillary wins the Presidency because TRUMP is despised by so many of the American people, and his voters who got caught up in the teenage crush thing with him just didn't know or care enough to realize it.

Actually the path is pointless to you, but seems well fixed to me.  You ignored my point that many here have said they wouldn't vote for Trump because they can't be sure he'll keep his promises.  I can't find any logic in that argument because everyone here knows Hillary and that she will keep hers.

And this teenage crush thing sometimes seems to be a characteristic of both sides here.   ^-^

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #147 on: May 07, 2016, 07:21:35 pm »
So you disagree with Ronald Reagans "Big Tent".  Paraphrasing;'We can't build support and the party through subtraction'.

You make me laugh at the vain attempt there.

Reagan's Big Tent prescription was irrevocably perverted by the GOP Ruling Class Establishment even while he was still in office.

The "Big Tent" that Reagan spoke of was winning Democrats to Conservatism. It wasn't about adopting their agenda and making it Republican.  Bush and the Establishment turned that philosophy into surrendering Conservatism to Democrat Liberalism and becoming a new Democrat party.  The "Big Tent" was embracing everything anathema to Conservatism and liberty and transforming itself into the opposite side of the same coin for the sake of illusion.  It is why your party has rendered itself irrelevant and exists only to create the illusion of legitimacy of the dictatorship and empower the Oligarchy.

As to your "list", the whole country can fall in line and chant "Credere Obbedire Combattere!" for Trump all it likes, I won't be one of you.  Even if I am the only person left in the nation left who refuses to bend the knee to Il Duce.

I'm not selling my soul for Populist Nationalist Pragmatism, even if the Squadrisi come with guns, axes and pikes to force loyalty to their dear leader.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #148 on: May 07, 2016, 07:36:12 pm »
Actually the path is pointless to you, but seems well fixed to me.  You ignored my point that many here have said they wouldn't vote for Trump because they can't be sure he'll keep his promises.  I can't find any logic in that argument because everyone here knows Hillary and that she will keep hers.

And this teenage crush thing sometimes seems to be a characteristic of both sides here.   ^-^

Actually, the side who supported Cruz was attracted to his conservatism and support of the Constitution.  Most teenagers aren't that up on those things.  ^-^

And I didn't ignore any of your point.  I would venture to say that nearly everyone who has said they won't vote for Trump has far more against him than just "not keeping his promises."   Like his being a pathological liar whose promises mean nothing.

Don't ignore the elephant in the room, MAC.  Trump is without integrity....... and THAT is why the #NeverTrump movement started.

« Reply #149 on: May 07, 2016, 07:36:31 pm »
This election is going to come down to who looks more presidential. 

A screaming, orange-faced liar who insults anyone who crosses his path is not presidential.  If the Democrats are smart, they'll slap him with the unstable, crazy moniker and hammer it every day for the next six months.

He fits it.

The election is going to come down to what this election is all about.  Who is going to finally put America first?