Author Topic: The War on Trump Supporters Must Stop  (Read 24011 times)

A-Lert

Re: The War on Trump Supporters Must Stop
« Reply #200 on: May 08, 2016, 06:09:47 am »
If you need a list, then stay blind and content. 

For you, the Matrix is more real than this place.

I want YOUR list. Use your imagination if you must.  :silly:

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #201 on: May 08, 2016, 07:20:04 am »
Avoid Godwin.

"fear of America was one of the chief tactics used by the Taliban to frighten the Afghan warlords into giving them power.

And it worked, didn't it? It's as good an analogy as the Nazi reference, only with a bit less of the import, since most [educated] people have at least a cursory knowledge of what happened to Germany.

Godwin's law is generally invoked by the same sort of people who object to photos of aborted fetuses being displayed at pro-life demonstrations.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #202 on: May 08, 2016, 07:29:19 am »
Yep. But it's a decent habit to get into - pulls the fangs of morons who are out for "internet points" instead of discussion. The fact that there are times when comparing the current situation to the rise of the Third Reich are valid tends to get lost in the meme.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #203 on: May 08, 2016, 08:16:40 am »
Yep. But it's a decent habit to get into - pulls the fangs of morons who are out for "internet points" instead of discussion. The fact that there are times when comparing the current situation to the rise of the Third Reich are valid tends to get lost in the meme.

I'm not going to let the morons win, so I'll use it judiciously.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #204 on: May 08, 2016, 03:14:25 pm »
What liberties have you lost?  I'm waiting for your list.

Keep waiting then, because you aren't getting one.

People like you will simply argue and apply circle-jerk logic against anything I list as liberties not really being "lost" anyway.

So peace to you and your Normalcy Bias.

I don't partake in such willful blindness.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #205 on: May 08, 2016, 03:21:39 pm »
Keep waiting then, because you aren't getting one.

People like you will simply argue and apply circle-jerk logic against anything I list as liberties not really being "lost" anyway.

So peace to you and your Normalcy Bias.

I don't partake in such willful blindness.

LOL!   Nice try, but Homey don't play that around here.

List a freedom you've personally lost.   

And not one taken away by an expedient, bogus 'Executive Order'
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #206 on: May 08, 2016, 03:25:03 pm »
Before this election cycle the Republic our founders gave us was down to just a barely smoldering ember and the  Trumpets have managed to extinguish that!

Instead of pointing fingers your time would be better spent trying to understand why conservatives cannot get traction with the American voter. 

Perhaps a conservative Council of Trent would be the best use of your energies.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #207 on: May 08, 2016, 03:26:19 pm »
Instead of pointing fingers your time would be better spent trying to understand why conservatives cannot get traction with the American voter. 

Perhaps a conservative Council of Trent would be the best use of your energies.

We're waiting for Trump to crash and burn in November.  Trumpism will be dead.  Then we can pick up the pieces.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #208 on: May 08, 2016, 03:32:25 pm »
We're waiting for Trump to crash and burn in November.  Trumpism will be dead.  Then we can pick up the pieces.

Such naivety.  You're "waiting till November"....

It's you and yours that are being evicted from the GOP, Sink.   

You're being replaced by Democrats who punch in everyday and who realize they don't want to be Commies.

Furthermore, we've just destroyed the Republican Party last week, and I for one, am loving the chaos.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #209 on: May 08, 2016, 03:33:52 pm »

Like you waited for Obama's legacy to crash and burn?  Like how conservatives were going to pick up the pieces while riding a white horse this election cycle?

Face it:  A conservative Council of Trent is needed, Sink.  Until and unless conservatives figure out who and what they are, they'll remain on the fringe whining and threatening until whatever little support there is is lost--- for good.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #210 on: May 08, 2016, 03:49:23 pm »

You're being replaced by Democrats who punch in everyday and who realize they don't want to be Commies.

Furthermore, we've just destroyed the Republican Party last week, and I for one, am loving the chaos.

What makes you think conservatives have any chance of coming out of this chaos with more political power than before?  Maybe that isn't your intent.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #211 on: May 08, 2016, 03:51:07 pm »
What liberties have you lost?  I'm waiting for your list.

That post proves your agenda.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #212 on: May 08, 2016, 04:01:13 pm »
What makes you think conservatives have any chance of coming out of this chaos with more political power than before?  Maybe that isn't your intent.

You're late to this party, driftdiver.

I'm speaking of the right-fringe SOCONS in the Party.  The ones who have their own checklist of religious, moral and personality traits.

The ones who, every four years, rant, rave and scream, yet seemingly have no problem with being ignored by their own Party Establishment since 2009. 

Despite being handed two landslide messages to stop Obama.

Trump is going to win this November without them.

Yeah, we'll welcome their vote.  But we won't need them.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #213 on: May 08, 2016, 04:01:31 pm »

Well isn't that special!   ****sheep****
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #214 on: May 08, 2016, 04:06:57 pm »

I'm speaking of the right-fringe SOCONS in the Party.  The ones who have their own checklist of religious, moral and personality traits.

The ones who, every four years, rant, rave and scream, yet seemingly have no problem with being ignored by their own Party Establishment since 2009. 

Well, then, you won't mind if we work against you.  Thanks.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #215 on: May 08, 2016, 04:09:53 pm »

He's coming after YOU DC  and you still love him! You are as CRAZY as he is!

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/07/us/politics/donald-trumps-idea-to-cut-national-debt-get-creditors-to-accept-less.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #216 on: May 08, 2016, 04:10:53 pm »

I don't see how.  There is no question that the Democrats will come together behind Hillary.  If the GOP remains this fractured, Trump has no chance.  I just don't see where that support can come from unless he can somehow bring back the majority of the Country that has written him off.  I wouldn't tell the Socons to take a hike if I were you.  The GOP simply can't afford it.  Clinton still has to get the nod, but right now her biggest advantage group appears to be #nevertrump in spite of their denial to the contrary.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #217 on: May 08, 2016, 04:11:10 pm »

Yes.  You've kicked us out of the party. All the conservatives are leaving, DC.  You can have your crumbling hulk of a party.

Talk about naive.  If Democrats are coming over to you, how come Hillary is tied with Trump in red-state Georgia?  In Utah?  In Mississippi?

Conservatives will clean up your mess in November. 

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #218 on: May 08, 2016, 04:11:48 pm »
Well, then, you won't mind if we work against you.  Thanks.

If it was up to me, you'd all be given a Forum Category all your own...your own little Animal House, and not pollute the forum as the rest of us concentrate on Hillary and the Commies.

Your own little sanctuary where nobody gives a sh*t what you do or say in your attempt to disrupt this Election.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #219 on: May 08, 2016, 04:16:50 pm »
If it was up to me, you'd all be given a Forum Category all your own...your own little Animal House, and not pollute the forum as the rest of us concentrate on Hillary and the Commies.

Your own little sanctuary where nobody gives a sh*t what you do or say in your attempt to disrupt this Election.

You have that now,DC.  Why not take your Trump support over there and let the rest of us stop Trump?

TBR is, after all a CONSERVATIVE forum, not a REPUBLICAN forum.  And Trump has said he's a Republican, not a conservative.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #220 on: May 08, 2016, 04:20:18 pm »

Then quit your whining. 

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #221 on: May 08, 2016, 04:47:42 pm »
Normalcy bias is often fatal, but staying blind is more comfortable for most.

@INVAR

Here's a little quote for you!

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free."

Johann Goethe
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 04:48:48 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #222 on: May 08, 2016, 05:10:27 pm »

:thumbsup3:

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #223 on: May 08, 2016, 05:13:03 pm »
:thumbsup3:

Sounds like TOS.    You guys are really afraid of any body who doesn't toe the line.

Hillary gonna beat Trump.   

#dontvote2016

Offline BuckeyeTexan

« Reply #224 on: May 08, 2016, 05:13:48 pm »
Good post......one last point...there is nothing wrong with holding a candidate's feet to the fire especially now, before the GE......and especially after the election as it should be with all presidents.....present president excluded of course!

Holding Trump's feet to the fire? He has the best fires. He build the biggest fires. He will make such a deal with fire.  :wink:
There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle