Author Topic: The War on Trump Supporters Must Stop  (Read 23941 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: The War on Trump Supporters Must Stop
« Reply #150 on: May 07, 2016, 07:41:06 pm »
The election is going to come down to what this election is all about.  Who is going to finally put America first?

Nope.  That's what YOU want.  America is not going to elect a rude, crass, vulgarian.  He's not presidential.

And he's manifestly unfit to serve in the Oval Office.

There aren't enough white people to vote for Trump.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #151 on: May 07, 2016, 07:43:20 pm »
The election is going to come down to what this election is all about.  Who is going to finally put America first?

Who is going to put the Constitution first?

You do not have an American Republic without it.

Sadly, most of you are subscribing to a Nationalist cult of personality absent any loyalty to anything but himself and how he sees fixes.

Horrifying things happen when that occurs. 
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline musiclady

« Reply #152 on: May 07, 2016, 07:43:39 pm »
Nope.  That's what YOU want.  America is not going to elect a rude, crass, vulgarian.  He's not presidential.

And he's manifestly unfit to serve in the Oval Office.

There aren't enough white people to vote for Trump.

Or women......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #153 on: May 07, 2016, 07:47:59 pm »

Actually, the election is going to come down to who has the biggest hands.  I'm betting on Hillary on that score.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #154 on: May 07, 2016, 07:48:35 pm »
Just want to note that those of us who oppose Trump have been told by at least one particular Trump person that we are not needed. (The one presently on this thread).

That we should "get out of the way" and let the "Patriots" get the job done.  (Unaware, apparently, that the people in this disagreement who are willing to throw away the Constitution with Trump aren't exactly quintessential "patriots.")

I find it fascinating that now they're trying to shame Cruz (and other) supporters into voting for the Constitution-ignorer by saying we're not "putting America first."

They apparently want it both ways......   **nononono*

(I would also add that in not voting for a leftist charlatan, we ARE putting America first)>
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 07:49:13 pm by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #155 on: May 07, 2016, 07:53:52 pm »

I find it fascinating that now they're trying to shame Cruz (and other) supporters into voting for the Constitution-ignorer by saying we're not "putting America first."

At the risk of being taken to task by some boorish pedant on the basis of Godwin's Law, I'd observe that fear of communism was one of the chief tactics used by the Nazis to frighten the German electorate into giving them power.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #156 on: May 07, 2016, 07:55:10 pm »
At the risk of being taken to task by some boorish pedant on the basis of Godwin's Law, I'd observe that fear of communism was one of the chief tactics used by the Nazis to frighten the German electorate into giving them power.

Good point.  Be ready to be taken to task.  :patriot:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #157 on: May 07, 2016, 07:57:59 pm »

Avoid Godwin.

"fear of America was one of the chief tactics used by the Taliban to frighten the Afghan warlords into giving them power.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #158 on: May 07, 2016, 07:58:10 pm »
Just want to note that those of us who oppose Trump have been told by at least one particular Trump person that we are not needed. (The one presently on this thread).

That we should "get out of the way" and let the "Patriots" get the job done.  (Unaware, apparently, that the people in this disagreement who are willing to throw away the Constitution with Trump aren't exactly quintessential "patriots.")

They apparently want it both ways......   **nononono*

'Putting America First' means we must all chant ""Credere Obbedire Combattere!" for Trump, or be declared traitors.

It is what Fascism brings with it, even when the people and their Ruler continue to call themselves a republic.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline libertybele

« Reply #159 on: May 07, 2016, 07:58:45 pm »
Actually, the side who supported Cruz was attracted to his conservatism and support of the Constitution.  Most teenagers aren't that up on those things.  ^-^

And I didn't ignore any of your point.  I would venture to say that nearly everyone who has said they won't vote for Trump has far more against him than just "not keeping his promises."   Like his being a pathological liar whose promises mean nothing.

Don't ignore the elephant in the room, MAC.  Trump is without integrity....... and THAT is why the #NeverTrump movement started.

Trump has no integrity, class or moral values.  He has no knowledge of the Constitution or functionality of the three branches of government and is a narcissistic demagogue; therefore he is unfit to be Commander in Chief.

#NeverTrump
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #160 on: May 07, 2016, 08:00:43 pm »
'Putting America First' means we must all chant ""Credere Obbedire Combattere!" for Trump, or be declared traitors.

It is what Fascism brings with it, even when the people and their Ruler continue to call themselves a republic.

And yet the true believers can't see it.

I think we have a much deeper understanding of what has happened historically elsewhere by observing what is happening here.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #161 on: May 07, 2016, 08:06:23 pm »

That's far different than thinking Hillary is "OK."  The fact that one or two think she's a better choice than Trump still doesn't mean she's OK.  It just means that they consider him even more horrific a choice (and I understand).

My original intention was to vote for neither and vote for Conservatives down ticket. But the more I listen to Trump the more I find myself evolving from NeverTrump to StopTrump.

I don't think Trump will win the primary in MT in June and if he is the nominee I think the GE will be very close here. Casting a strategic vote for Hilliary in my state could make a lot of sense to help deny Trump the presidency. I would still vote only for Conservatives down ticket but I cannot and will not support Trump and be party to the destruction of Conservatism in this country.

A-Lert

« Reply #162 on: May 07, 2016, 08:06:44 pm »
You make me laugh at the vain attempt there.

Reagan's Big Tent prescription was irrevocably perverted by the GOP Ruling Class Establishment even while he was still in office.

I'm glad I'm able to make you laugh now. If Hillary is elected there will be no laughter for us. I feel your pain. Unlike you, I'm a realist. With the demographics and diversity in the USA today and the  foreseeable future,  the chances of a hard right, evangelical winning a national election are zero to none. I'd much rather take a chance with an unknown quantity like Trump than an anti-2nd Amendment, military hating, abortion supporter, sexual predator enabler, Hillary.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #163 on: May 07, 2016, 08:07:41 pm »
And yet the true believers can't see it.

I think we have a much deeper understanding of what has happened historically elsewhere by observing what is happening here.

Social media has been an excellent microcosm of society at large.

And then, history is an excellent teacher of what comes next.

We are so far down the path of destruction, most willfully choose to ignore it and the rest are infected with Normalcy Bias.

Consequences of the last decade are coming.

Trump is just one of them, and is the final nail in Conservatism having any future power in the body politick.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #164 on: May 07, 2016, 08:16:27 pm »
I'm glad I'm able to make you laugh now. If Hillary is elected there will be no laughter for us.

The McCain people said the same thing.  So too did the Romneybots. 

You are still operating under the delusion that we did not suffer a velvet coup and that this election is legitimate.

I feel your pain. Unlike you, I'm a realist.

I highly doubt it.  You are ignoring plain facts shouting in your face for faith in a Northeastern Liberal Leftist who has never mentioned the Constitution and whose rhetoric ignores it wholesale.

With the demographics and diversity in the USA today and the  foreseeable future,  the chances of a hard right, evangelical winning a national election are zero to none.

Then continue to seig-heil your Fuhrer Du Jour or Il Duce if that makes you feel patriotic.  I have no intention of following you people into that.

I'd much rather take a chance with an unknown quantity like Trump than an anti-2nd Amendment, military hating, abortion supporter, sexual predator enabler, Hillary.

Because ignorance of past supports and blind faith in boilerplate while lofting hopes and dreams upon a demagogue are so much more tangible to folks like yourself that see Principles as an evil needing to be expunged for the sake of hoped-for pragmatism.

We saw that same combination last century. 

You folks are just resurrecting it and calling it something else to assuage your minds to accept what it actually is.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #165 on: May 07, 2016, 08:18:40 pm »
My original intention was to vote for neither and vote for Conservatives down ticket. But the more I listen to Trump the more I find myself evolving from NeverTrump to StopTrump.

I don't think Trump will win the primary in MT in June and if he is the nominee I think the GE will be very close here. Casting a strategic vote for Hilliary in my state could make a lot of sense to help deny Trump the presidency. I would still vote only for Conservatives down ticket but I cannot and will not support Trump and be party to the destruction of Conservatism in this country.

:beer:  Obviously MT must be an open primary state and what a lot of the Trump supporters don't realize is that Trump has won a lot of open primary states. I believe that a lot of DEMS cast a strategic vote for Tump as they knew he was the one sure candidate Hillary could beat.  Even Trump himself stated that he has DEMS and Independents voting for him. 

I have for quite sometime refused to vote for anyone who I felt would continue the destruction of this country and conservatism and I sure am not going to change my mind this time around.  I cannot and WILL NOT VOTE TRUMP!

#NeverTrump

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #166 on: May 07, 2016, 08:25:24 pm »
Good point.  Be ready to be taken to task.  :patriot:

Not to worry ... I give tit for tat.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline CommerceComet

« Reply #167 on: May 07, 2016, 08:27:14 pm »
You're trying to peddle that crap in the wrong place: the adopted home of dozens, if not hundreds of exiled, ex-free republic members who were hounded out of that website by the poop-flinging flying monkey brigade of Trump supporters.
LOL. That is a colorful and not inaccurate statement about what has transpired over on Free Republic.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #168 on: May 07, 2016, 08:30:36 pm »
LOL. That is a colorful and not inaccurate statement about what has transpired over on Free Republic.

WELCOME, CommerceComet!  :patriot:

(It's WAY different here!)

A-Lert

« Reply #169 on: May 07, 2016, 08:33:55 pm »

You are still operating under the delusion that we did not suffer a velvet coup and that this election is legitimate.

I highly doubt it.  You are ignoring plain facts shouting in your face for faith in a Northeastern Liberal Leftist who has never mentioned the Constitution and whose rhetoric ignores it wholesale.

Then continue to seig-heil your Fuhrer Du Jour or Il Duce if that makes you feel patriotic.  I have no intention of following you people into that.

Because ignorance of past supports and blind faith in boilerplate while lofting hopes and dreams upon a demagogue are so much more tangible to folks like yourself that see Principles as an evil needing to be expunged for the sake of hoped-for pragmatism.

We saw that same combination last century. 

You folks are just resurrecting it and calling it something else to assuage your minds to accept what it actually is.

I'm not laughing. Eight years of Obama was too much. I'm not delusional and your insults do nothing to substantiate your allegations. You are entitled to your opinions, but not your own "facts". If you want to be treated as an adult, try posting like one.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #170 on: May 07, 2016, 08:38:26 pm »
Actually, the side who supported Cruz was attracted to his conservatism and support of the Constitution.  Most teenagers aren't that up on those things.  ^-^

And I didn't ignore any of your point.  I would venture to say that nearly everyone who has said they won't vote for Trump has far more against him than just "not keeping his promises."   Like his being a pathological liar whose promises mean nothing.

Don't ignore the elephant in the room, MAC.  Trump is without integrity....... and THAT is why the #NeverTrump movement started.

It is hard to ignore the elephant in the room ML.  We have a vacancy on the USSC, with a possibility of a couple more during the next presidential term. We have over 80 vacancies in the lower court system.  In addition to telling the world how she will fill those vacancies, Hillary will raise our taxes to help cover her significantly increased spending plans, use her position to destroy the Second Amendment, create significant new regulations to destroy businesses to address her proposed initiatives on climate change, provide real amnesty to 12 million illegals regardless of their background, continue the war on Christianity in all phases of the public and private sector, make appointments that will ensure labor union supremacy and bring the internet further under government control, continue permitting even encouraging Iran to develop nuclear weapons, and stand aside while Russia and China fill in the voids around the world.

Trump is not a nice man on almost any level.  And I'm not sure how he'll handle those issues other than what he has promised.  I'm not a fan of his, but I'm certainly neither blind to where this Country is headed with another Obama term nor certain of how Trump can turn it all around.  But at the same time, I'm also aware that conservatism doesn't preclude pragmatism in decision-making.  In this case I'll take the unknown who promises to turn it around over the know who promises to continue with all of the above. 

BTW, I would have also voted for Cruz in spite of my objections to his style and his lack of ability to engage and bring competing sides together.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #171 on: May 07, 2016, 08:44:52 pm »
It is hard to ignore the elephant in the room ML.  We have a vacancy on the USSC, with a possibility of a couple more during the next presidential term. We have over 80 vacancies in the lower court system.  In addition to telling the world how she will fill those vacancies, Hillary will raise our taxes to help cover her significantly increased spending plans, use her position to destroy the Second Amendment, create significant new regulations to destroy businesses to address her proposed initiatives on climate change, provide real amnesty to 12 million illegals regardless of their background, continue the war on Christianity in all phases of the public and private sector, make appointments that will ensure labor union supremacy and bring the internet further under government control, continue permitting even encouraging Iran to develop nuclear weapons, and stand aside while Russia and China fill in the voids around the world.

Trump is not a nice man on almost any level.  And I'm not sure how he'll handle those issues other than what he has promised.  I'm not a fan of his, but I'm certainly neither blind to where this Country is headed with another Obama term nor certain of how Trump can turn it all around.  But at the same time, I'm also aware that conservatism doesn't preclude pragmatism in decision-making.  In this case I'll take the unknown who promises to turn it around over the know who promises to continue with all of the above. 

BTW, I would have also voted for Cruz in spite of my objections to his style and his lack of ability to engage and bring competing sides together.

You're free to vote for Trump if you wish, even though you probably know as well as I do that he's a Progressive and a liar, and cannot be trusted with anything, let alone the USSC.

But it is a choice we all have to make, and you have chosen pragmatism.

For the first time in 45 years of voting, I find myself in a position where my conscience will not allow me to vote for the Republican candidate.  Trump supporters can call me every name in the book, but Trump is the proverbial 'bridge too far.'

He is without honor, without integrity, without values, without a core, and without any allegiance to the Constitution whatsoever.

I didn't make the decision for sure until May 3rd, because I held out hope that Cruz could pull it out.  When he didn't, the decision was easy.  I can't vote for a man this much opposed to every value I have.  I cannot.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 08:46:01 pm by musiclady »

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #172 on: May 07, 2016, 08:56:26 pm »
Invar wrote:

I'm glad I'm able to make you laugh now. If Hillary is elected there will be no laughter for us.

Well after eight years, it would appear they were right wouldn't it?
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline the_doc

« Reply #173 on: May 07, 2016, 09:18:34 pm »
Yes we heard the politician lawyers talk about it. Trump is the one who is acting it with his Wall, Pro-2nd, anti EPA, anti-BLM etc. Actions count, Words by politician lawyers, not so much.

I have to point out that you are just giving us Trump's words, Mechanicos--not Trump's actions.  And Trump's words are radically inconsistent with his actions over many years.  OTOH, Cruz--your infamous "politician lawyer"--actually has fought (thanklessly) for the Tea Party's ideals.  I think you need to notice that Cruz's actions speak louder than Trump's words.

The root problem with the Trumpster movement seems to be that you fellows believe Cruz is a liar because Trump says that Cruz is a liar and because he says it with as much malicious repetition as he can muster.  (Hmmmmm......It really does appear that Trump's nasty, Alinsky-style flurry of words trying to minimize or distort Cruz's actions has fooled you.)

At the bottom-line, I say that Trump is the worst RINO that Republicans have ever considered for any Federal office.  And that adjective of "worst" is intended to convey my opinion that Trump is just plain vile--not merely hypocritical.  (Heck, even if he does keep some of his "conservative" promises, he is still unfit for office.  IMO, he will utterly and forever ruin the Republican brand if he becomes POTUS.  Fortunately for the gasping, withering GOP, the polls say that he definitely can't beat our archenemy Hillary--even if the #NeverTrump folks break their oath and vote for him. [Trump's claim that he will beat Hillary like a drum, with or without so-called GOPe support--and by an insinuated extension, without the #NeverTrump crowd's support--is completely asinine for its arrogance.])

I believe that the most principled Republicans--the conspicuously God-fearing ones--will never vote for Trump.  We will take our "chances" with God's foreordained choice.   It is actually safer to do this.(Hey, there's a little Biblical Calvinism for you.)

Offline libertybele

« Reply #174 on: May 07, 2016, 09:20:38 pm »

I realize that your comments weren't directed at me, but in taking into consideration what you have stated, I certainly understand where you are coming from.  However, Hillary has a past that is extremely concerning and Trump has a past that is equally concerning.  His liberal past, his outrageous comments and behavior, I see as dangerous. I don't trust him, nor do I hold any stock in what he says.  He has given me absolutely no reason to.  None. 

Next, I firmly believe he is merely a siphon for the DEMS.  The intent was to hand Hillary the White House and should he get in he will be her puppet.  I don't see Trump any better than Hillary.  I just don't.  If I saw Trump display a shred of dignity for the office of President, or actual knowledge of issues he speaks about or how government functions and some respect for Americans in general, I would at least reconsider voting for him.  He has displayed nothing that would indicate to me that he would be any better than Hillary.  I cannot and will NOT vote for someone who I feel will continue us on a path of destruction.  I won't vote for Hillary nor will I vote for Trump.  I will write in the candidate of my choice.  I will vote my conscious.

#NeverTrump