Author Topic: Ted Cruz drops out of presidential race  (Read 68579 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Ted Cruz drops out of presidential race
« Reply #200 on: May 04, 2016, 06:22:15 am »
You need a Party, I gotta Party. Low mileage, clean and stylish........The Prohibition Party!!!!! Only driven to church every Sunday by a little old lady.......she lived in Brooklyn and the church was in San Diego.

I'll drink to that! :beer:

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #201 on: May 04, 2016, 06:24:11 am »
Trump exploited their frustration and their desire to win with his bullying tactics and his character assassination of Cruz.

He seduced them with the ease of an experienced rake, plying them with protestations of eternal love. It will soon be morning. He'll up-and-go without so much as a good-bye kiss, leaving them pregnant and alone.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #202 on: May 04, 2016, 06:26:25 am »
Tell me what your strategy is for getting a staunch right wing conservative elected in a presidential race.

I can tell you what my strategy is NOT for getting a staunch right wing conservative elected in a presidental race.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

A-Lert

« Reply #203 on: May 04, 2016, 06:27:52 am »
Nobody disputes the POTUS' constitutional duty to safeguard the United States. That's just being obtuse. What is objectionable is Trump's reflexive answer that healthcare and education is the province of the federal government. As for my strategy? Quite simple. Allow the nation to continue to decline under liberal democrat control to allow for a clear delineation of principles. It's obvious the American people have not suffered enough to bring them back to conservative constitutional principles. Trump's candidacy is a spasm of immature emotionalism. And because it has no clear direction founded in conservative principles it can only serve to muddy the waters as they are now in Europe.

You naively believe as the country spirals downward that no outside forces would take advantage of the situation? I'm unwilling to trust the security of my country to Hillary Clinton. I can't believe their are US citizens who don't care.

A-Lert

« Reply #204 on: May 04, 2016, 06:29:25 am »
He seduced them with the ease of an experienced rake, plying them with protestations of eternal love. It will soon be morning. He'll up-and-go without so much as a good-bye kiss, leaving them pregnant and alone.

You are a soap opera writer?

« Reply #205 on: May 04, 2016, 06:29:55 am »
Trump is a classy guy and he always leaves a crisp $50 tip on the nightstand.

Offline waiyu

• Common sense isn't common to everyone.
« Reply #206 on: May 04, 2016, 06:33:09 am »
Hitlary is officially now the lesser of two evils. We can either limp along as we are now under her or have to endure Tariff Wars, nationalized banks and a muzzled press under him.
Although he may just be Trumps VP this round.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 06:49:28 am by waiyu »

Offline The Jackal

• #nevertrump
« Reply #207 on: May 04, 2016, 06:34:52 am »
You naively believe as the country spirals downward that no outside forces would take advantage of the situation? I'm unwilling to trust the security of my country to Hillary Clinton. I can't believe their are US citizens who don't care.

Hence the problem with Trump supporters. They seek a band-aid for an infected wound. They want their wall so they can be kept safe to continue murdering their unborn children, homosexualizing and androgynizing the ones that survive so that they can eventually grow up to euthanize their parents. That's a lot to ask for a Trump presidency.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 06:39:34 am by The Jackal »

A-Lert

« Reply #208 on: May 04, 2016, 06:35:57 am »
Trump is a classy guy and he always leaves a crisp $50 tip on the nightstand.

That's all you got?  :silly:

A-Lert

« Reply #209 on: May 04, 2016, 06:41:37 am »
Hence the problem with Trump supporters. They seek a band-aid for an infected wound. They want their wall so they can be kept safe to continue murdering their unborn children, homosexualizing and androgynizing the ones that survive so that they can eventually grow up to euthanize their grandparents. That's a lot to ask for a Trump presidency.

No, we the people of the US want our borders secured and our laws enforced. The POTUS doesn't make laws. You just go ahead and persuade the SCOTUS to overturn Roe vs Wade or rescind the laws and legislation proposed and passed by your legislators!

Offline waiyu

• Common sense isn't common to everyone.
« Reply #210 on: May 04, 2016, 06:46:10 am »
As a former wildland firefighter, I know you have to fight fire with fire sometimes in order to stop an inferno.
As another former wildland firefighter, I can say that too many times the backfire(Trump) you light to fight the headfire(Hilary) only strengthens the headfire and makes the situation that much worse.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #211 on: May 04, 2016, 06:51:51 am »
Naw, just go ahead and vote directly for Hillary. Same thing in the end...only a Hillary vote from you would be more honest.

Trump is a degenerate egotist who cares nothing for the country.  I cannot vote for him in good conscience. 

Don't blame me if Hillary wins, which she will, blame yourselves for falling for that flim flam man.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #212 on: May 04, 2016, 06:56:44 am »
Although he may just be Trumps VP this round.
Or the next SCOTUS when TRUMP is elected. Now that could be God's will IMO

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline The Jackal

• #nevertrump
« Reply #213 on: May 04, 2016, 06:57:08 am »
No, we the people of the US want our borders secured and our laws enforced. The POTUS doesn't make laws.

Well, Trump supporters shouldn't have gone the route they did then. They chose poorly. They ditched the one candidate who had a reasonable plan to secure the border and ensure that the laws are followed. Not to mention a candidate who would de-politicize the federal departments and actually transfer power from Washington back to the states and the individual. Someone who actually knows what the 10th amendment is about. Trump supporters allowed themselves to be swept up in mindless rhetoric. They went for the hail Mary pass, and like most of those they fail. Classic overreach.

You just go ahead and persuade the SCOTUS to overturn Roe vs Wade or rescind the laws and legislation proposed and passed by your legislators!

Spoken like an individual who has given up. This must be one of the requirements of the pragmatic realist. Just one of the 'adjustments' that have to be made in the Trump era.

A-Lert

« Reply #214 on: May 04, 2016, 06:58:04 am »
As another former wildland firefighter, I can say that too many times the backfire(Trump) you light to fight the headfire(Hilary) only strengthens the headfire and makes the situation that much worse.

We all have to ascertain and evaluate wind, terrain, humidity, fuel, volatility and value.

Offline elhombrelibre

« Reply #215 on: May 04, 2016, 06:59:31 am »
A real damned shame. We had the conservative we've been fighting for since 2009 when Rick Santelli made his impassioned plea on the floor of the Chicago Board of Trade. And the American people threw him under the bus. So be it. They made their decision let them live with it.

#nevertrump

We had a chance to choose a real conservative and to fight on principles.  Instead, a phantasmagorical liar and smear artist has been chosen.  He will harm our brand of conservatism and harm the nation with his lack experience and ignorance of government and international politics.  Trump is less liked than Hillary Clinton by the electorate, yet this egotistical clown who hates the Republican Party, is supposed to be the standard bearer.  This man who financed liberalism and praised it for nearly all of his life, until he decided to take over the party and run for president, this man who personalized all his attacks on his rivals (including attacks on family members and alleging that George W. Bush lied about WMD) is now supposed to get our loyalty?  I'll stay loyal to the truth.  Trump is a fraud.  The Democrats couldn't be more happy.  Who could be better than Trump to galvanize their voters?   Who could be better at turning off those who think winning with a fraud is not what America needs.  When this election is over, we'll have Hillary as president and the more stacking of the Supreme Court with Liberals.   

A-Lert

« Reply #216 on: May 04, 2016, 07:03:15 am »
Well, Trump supporters shouldn't have gone the route they did then. They chose poorly. They ditched the one candidate who had a reasonable plan to secure the border and ensure that the laws are followed. Not to mention a candidate who would de-politicize the federal departments and actually transfer power from Washington back to the states and the individual. Someone who actually knows what the 10th amendment is about. Trump supporters allowed themselves to be swept up in mindless rhetoric. They went for the hail Mary pass, and like most of those they fail. Classic overreach.

Spoken like an individual who has given up. This must be one of the requirements of the pragmatic realist. Just one of the 'adjustments' that have to be made in the Trump era.

The mindless, clueless, emotional shtick is worn threadbare. Tell me, why didn't Cruz win? Why couldn't Bush, Rubio, Walker et al gain any traction?  What were they all lacking??

A-Lert

« Reply #217 on: May 04, 2016, 07:06:18 am »
We had a chance to choose a real conservative and to fight on principles.  Instead, a phantasmagorical liar and smear artist has been chosen.  He will harm our brand of conservatism and harm the nation with his lack experience and ignorance of government and international politics.  Trump is less liked than Hillary Clinton by the electorate, yet this egotistical clown who hates the Republican Party, is supposed to be the standard bearer.  This man who financed liberalism and praised it for nearly all of his life, until he decided to take over the party and run for president, this man who personalized all his attacks on his rivals (including attacks on family members and alleging that George W. Bush lied about WMD) is now supposed to get our loyalty?  I'll stay loyal to the truth.  Trump is a fraud.  The Democrats couldn't be more happy.  Who could be better than Trump to galvanize their voters?   Who could be better at turning off those who think winning with a fraud is not what America needs.  When this election is over, we'll have Hillary as president and the more stacking of the Supreme Court with Liberals.

Your "Brand of conservatism" is so exclusive that it couldn't win a primary.

A-Lert

« Reply #218 on: May 04, 2016, 07:09:37 am »
Or the next SCOTUS when TRUMP is elected. Now that could be God's will IMO

That appears to be the best fit for Cruz. I don't know how difficult it would be to get confirmation considering his lack of popularity among his peers, but if anybody could swing it, Trump could.

Offline The Jackal

• #nevertrump
« Reply #219 on: May 04, 2016, 07:11:24 am »
The mindless, clueless, emotional shtick is worn threadbare. Tell me, why didn't Cruz win? Why couldn't Bush, Rubio, Walker et al gain any traction?  What were they all lacking??

Most of them didn't lack for anything. Each one is imminently more qualified than Trump. If we had a disagreement with a former candidate on a policy proposal we registered it. Therein lies the difference. Trump's approach and that of his supporters was visceral. It was not based in policy or principle. And if my characterization of Trump and his supporters has worn thin then I don't know what to say. It's the basis for his success.

After all, we are talking about an electorate that voted for Obama twice. So I wouldn't be so quick to say, "Me and the people of the United States..."

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #220 on: May 04, 2016, 07:15:07 am »

Free media coverage.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #221 on: May 04, 2016, 07:15:18 am »
That appears to be the best fit for Cruz. I don't know how difficult it would be to get confirmation considering his lack of popularity among his peers, but if anybody could swing it, Trump could.
Well considering most are not that fond of him in the Senate, it could be a unanimous vote!  ^-^

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

« Reply #222 on: May 04, 2016, 07:16:06 am »
Hence the problem with Trump supporters. They seek a band-aid for an infected wound. They want their wall so they can be kept safe to continue murdering their unborn children, homosexualizing and androgynizing the ones that survive so that they can eventually grow up to euthanize their parents. That's a lot to ask for a Trump presidency.

It's thought provoking posts like this that keep me from getting needed sleep.  After we scapegoat the wetbacks for 100 years of social security, welfare, and federal subsidies for cross/urine art, for the unholy crime of cleaning our toilets, flipping our burgers and mowing our lawns...maybe we do need to build a wall to protect the world from the spread of BLM cop killing, NY/Hollywood values, and a $15 minimum wage.

SMOD-2016

Offline The Jackal

• #nevertrump
« Reply #223 on: May 04, 2016, 07:18:38 am »

A-Lert

« Reply #224 on: May 04, 2016, 07:27:47 am »
Most of them didn't lack for anything. Each one is imminently more qualified than Trump. If we had a disagreement with a former candidate on a policy proposal we registered it. Therein lies the difference. Trump's approach and that of his supporters was visceral. It was not based in policy or principle. And if my characterization of Trump and his supporters has worn thin then I don't know what to say. It's the basis for his success.

After all, we are talking about an electorate that voted for Obama twice. So I wouldn't be so quick to say, "Me and the people of the United States..."

Now you're catching on. The GOP offers up McLunatic and Milquetoast Mitt. Just about all recent GOP candidates have been as mundane, emotionless and boring as Al Gore. Bush, Rubio, Walker, Cruz, et al all lack what  Trump displays; passion, enthusiasm, excitement and energy. He actually looks like he wants the job. We know of Trumps warts and shortcomings, it's daily fodder. WE also know that he can get things done and that he is a patriot. There are many conservatives that support Trump, including military brass, LEOs, religious leaders and politicians. We aren't all clueless dupes.