Author Topic: Nothing that Happened Today Changed Anything  (Read 18454 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Nothing that Happened Today Changed Anything
« on: April 27, 2016, 04:21:05 am »
http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/2016/04/26/nothing-happened-today-changed-anything/

It looks like Trump has swept the Northeast, as he was absolutely expected to do. Almost all of the voting simulations that have happened to date predicted that Trump would get all or nearly all of the delegates today. Save your freakout for another day.

It looks like some of the states, Trump will win by bigger margins than expected. Big deal. Cruz has done that plenty this election cycle, and no one treated that like the end of the world in Trump land.

This election, going forward, is still about Indiana and California. Cruz has to win in Indiana next Tuesday in order for the race to stay static. If Trump wins, the math becomes much more difficult for the anti-Trump forces. If you are a John Kasich supporter and you live in Indiana, voting for Kasich next Tuesday is the dumbest thing you could possibly do because it will just help ensure that Kasich will never see the contested convention that he needs.

Even if Trump wins Indiana, he can still be prevented from reaching 1,237, but only if Kasich quits pretty much immediately, and definitely before California.

That was the calculus when we woke up this morning, and it remains so today.

Anyone who is telling you differently is doing so out of one of two motivations. If they are media, they are doing so because their pecuniary interest demands it. Trump is good for ratings and the media wants to have him around for another six months.

If they are a conservative, it is because conservatives are prone to despair and dismay. It's more or less our default setting sometimes. Conservatives have gotten so used to losing that it feels like it's in our DNA.

As for me, I'm holding my despair, or even my dismay, for at least one more week. It is zero surprise to me that the diseased and defunct remnants of the GOP in the Northeast would support a corrupt huckster like Trump, and it holds zero real relevance to what is going to happen going forward.

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: Nothing that Happened Today Changed Anything
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 04:29:47 am »
A nice vote of confidence that the plan to stop Trump is still in play, and very doable.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

geronl

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 04:52:11 am »
Ted Cruz did expect to pick up more delegates in PA and it looks like Kasich is not living up to "the deal" in Indiana. (I called that, you can't trust liberals)

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 04:56:53 am »
I'm still interested to see how this plays out even *if* Trump gets the requisite delegates prior to the convention. I can't help but wonder if some delegates would be bold enough to abstain. After all, these delegates represent conservatives and the party, not some crossover votes that Trump has been picking up.

At some point delegates have to ask themselves: are we going to let a NY liberal steal conservatism from us?
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 04:58:39 am »
I agree.  Trump is still by far the most popular candidate with actual voters, and Sneaky Ted and Jesus H. Kasich are simply around as spoilers right now so the GOPe can have Clinton in the White House over both Cruz (what a dunce to not see this) and Trump.

GOP voters are going to give Trump every primary that matters from this point on, though, and if the GOPe wants to destroy the party, that's on them

EVERY SINGLE COUNTY TONIGHT IN 5 STATES VOTED FOR TRUMP.

Think about this.  That's makes a landslide look like a rockslide.

It's over.  Go home.  Get over it.  You lost.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 05:05:02 am by AnybodyButaDem »
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2016, 04:59:40 am »
A nice vote of confidence that the plan to stop Trump is still in play, and very doable.

I will not have given up till Trump actually gets the nomination. Everyone knew Trump was going to get delegates in the NE. From here on out it is not the least bit favorable for him and he does not have the thing close to locked up.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2016, 05:00:26 am »
I agree.  Trump is still by far the most popular candidate with actual voters, and Sneaky Ted and Jesus H. Kasich are simply around as spoilers right now so the GOPe can have Clinton in the White House over both Cruz (what a dunce to not see this) and Trump.

GOP voters are going to give Trump every primary that matters from this point on, though, and if the GOPe wants to destroy the party, that's on them

EVERY SINGLE COUNTRY TONIGHT IN 5 STATES VOTED FOR TRUMP.

Think about this.  That's makes a landslide look like a rockslide.

It's over.  Go home.  Get over it.  You lost.

He lost to Hitlary tonight in every state. EVERY STATE.

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2016, 05:07:06 am »
He lost to Hitlary tonight in every state. EVERY STATE.

Yet he still has never tried to steal votes from GOP voters like God's Second Son Cruz has done since he realized how unpopular he was to actual people who vote.

Hey, keep hope alive!  When Trump is President and Makes America Great Again I hope you thank him when you are less angry and more prosperous!   :beer: :patriot:

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2016, 05:11:05 am »
I will not have given up till Trump actually gets the nomination. Everyone knew Trump was going to get delegates in the NE. From here on out it is not the least bit favorable for him and he does not have the thing close to locked up.

Ha - I won't give up even *if* he gets the nomination. I'll write in Cruz.

#NeverTrump means Never. Trump.

I'm not going to have someone lord a Trump vote over my head later if he wins the general and betrays conservatives every day in the White House. I'll be able to say, "I voted for Cruz with clear conscience." If Hillary wins because of it, it will be the Trumpettes own fault. We *told* you we would not support him. Did you NOT believe us? If you did believe us, why didn't you rally around a conservative we could all support? Someone, you know, that we actually lionized as a conservative champion before Trump's smear campaign started?

Vote Trump, get Justice Kennedy in the White House.

Vote Cruz, get Justice Scalia in the White House.
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

geronl

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2016, 05:22:52 am »

I still do not like the idea that we need to depend on California.

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2016, 05:23:19 am »

Yeah, it's us "Trumpkins" who are in the cult.   :pondering:

#NEVERTRUMP or die!

You have no idea how much you #NeverTrump cultists amuse me.

I'll vote for Cruz.
I'll vote for Kasich.
I'll vote for Jimmy Kimmel over Hillary Clinton.

Yet it's the "Trumpkins" who are the cult?  Completely an asinine opinion and not at all based in reality.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 05:23:57 am by AnybodyButaDem »

geronl

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2016, 05:23:41 am »
Ha - I won't give up even *if* he gets the nomination. I'll write in Cruz.

Yes! This.

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2016, 05:24:36 am »
Yes! This.

What time are we serving the Kool-Aid?  Hillary Clinton would like to know. 

She says she's ready to put the 'Ws' back on the keyboards they stole from the People's House, along with over $100k in taxpayer furniture.

Ridiculously selfish you #NeverTrump cultists are, right?  Tell me how you aren't trying to put the Clintons back in the White House and I may take you seriously.  Under what scenario do either Kasich or Cruz win?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 05:27:06 am by AnybodyButaDem »

A-Lert

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2016, 05:30:00 am »
It sure made the anti-Trumps angrier. Remember your blood pressure!  :beer:

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2016, 06:17:15 am »
All you have to do, is look at our two polls and you can tell which is the cult... :pondering:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2016, 12:14:58 pm »
It sure made the anti-Trumps angrier. Remember your blood pressure!  :beer:

Gloat all you want, you'll need the anti-Trump's vote in November unless you want a Walter Mondale like electoral wipeout.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2016, 12:22:15 pm »
If it's over and Trump is the nominee (which he is not yet), then I will go home and get over it. But, home will no longer be the GOP, as that party would then be represented by a classless, corrupt, degenerate.  At that point the majority of the party would have shown me they hold no moral standings when choosing their standard bearer and are willing to ignore what would have been unacceptable with any other candidate in any other party. That is not a party I would want to be a part of. The trump supporters keep saying that the Never trump people might give the election to Hillary. In the area of character and morality trump is as bad and arguably worse than Hillary and would be just as bad of a precedent for the country. Never trump means Never Trump, no matter what some GOP leaders are saying about uniting.

Very well stated, and I absolutely agree with you.  I will NEVER vote for Trump. I would also argue that Trump's character and morality are as bad if not worse than Clinton's.  If Trump is the nominee, I will no longer consider myself a Republican.  I am a conservative.  I value the conservative principles upon which this country was founded.  I love this country and its Constitution.  I will NOT belong to a party that allows the destruction of both. I will NOT be a part of the destruction. I WILL be a part of the restoration. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2016, 12:53:06 pm »
How can you argue that NeverTrump is a cult? Obviously you can't because the word doesn't fit. You might argue that we are wrong or just angry. But, not a cult group. I understand the attempts to throw off the description of some of the trump followers as cultists because that term does not fit all trump followers. but, it does fit a noticeable group of trump followers.

As far as the two polls you mention, when you look at the polls what is quite obvious is that a large percentage of conservatives could never support a demagogue and a leader of known massive short-comings in the area of morality, character and judgement. His loss in November would be yuuuge if he is he nominee.

Trump will lose by a landslide.  What registered Republican Trump supporters are forgetting is he winning the nomination by DEMS voting for him in open primary states; thus handing the nomination to Hillary.  Keep in mind, and using Florida rules as an example; you can change your party affiliation by any signed written notice such as a voter registration application. It must include your date of birth or voter registration number. All party changes for a primary election must be made by the registration deadline which is 29 days before the primary election. For a general election, a party change can be made at any time.

So ... in essence I could register as a Republican for the primary and vote for Trump to make sure he is the Republican nominee and then change my affiliation to Democrat for the general election to vote for Hillary.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 01:00:08 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2016, 12:53:45 pm »
How can you argue that NeverTrump is a cult? Obviously you can't because the word doesn't fit. You might argue that we are wrong or just angry. But, not a cult group. I understand the attempts to throw off the description of some of the trump followers as cultists because that term does not fit all trump followers. but, it does fit a noticeable group of trump followers.

As far as the two polls you mention, when you look at the polls what is quite obvious is that a large percentage of conservatives could never support a demagogue and a leader of known massive short-comings in the area of morality, character and judgement. His loss in November would be yuuuge if he is he nominee.

If you don't vote for Trump, assuming he's the nominee then, just like the last two elections, you're essentially voting for the Leftist. Clear enough?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2016, 01:00:40 pm »
If you don't vote for Trump, assuming he's the nominee then, just like the last two elections, you're essentially voting for the Leftist. Clear enough?

Hillary and Trump are both leftists.  Not voting for Trump is not voting for Trump.  We will not vote for Hillary either. 

Over  70 million voting-age adults won't vote for anybody in November.  I just count myself among their number, except I will vote straight Republican down ballot.

Those who supported Trump and foisted him on us are responsible for this state of affairs.  We told them and told them we would not vote for this clown and they wouldn't listen.  Now it's on their heads.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2016, 01:05:28 pm »

Hmm... let's play with that statement.

If you are pressured to rape or murder, and you instead choose to call the police even though they won't make it time, you're basically murdering! Clear enough?

Choosing not to participate in the game offered, instead of picking the lesser of two evil games, does not mean you support the more evil game.

But it's irrelevant anyway, because voting for Trump is *also* voting for the Leftist - just a Leftist in Republican clothing.
1. Trump is never wrong.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2016, 01:07:04 pm »

The definition of cult is in dispute.  I am not voting for Trump, will NOT vote for Trump, however, I am not part of a 'cult'.  (Cult by definition - see https://www.google.com/search?q=cult&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8.)  Not voting for Trump is not essentially voting for the 'leftist' as Trump IS a leftist.  He is a liberal.  He is not a conservative. I refuse to be take part in the destruction of the country, and I see Trump as part of that destruction.  I WILL be a part of the restoration period.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2016, 01:56:09 pm »
Gloat all you want, you'll need the anti-Trump's vote in November unless you want a Walter Mondale like electoral wipeout.

It would be nice to have your votes, but we're well aware that Trump is winning without you. 

BTW--if Trump is the nominee are you anti-Trump people going to turn this forum into an actively pro-Hillary site?

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2016, 02:03:20 pm »
It would be nice to have your votes, but we're well aware that Trump is winning without you. 

See, right here. I'm not sure if Trump supporters realize that winning the primary doesn't meant that Trump will get to be President. I mean, they say they do. I think deep down they know it. Obviously Trump is winning the primary without our votes, I mean that's the whole purpose of a primary, right? My point is that the pro-Trump people will need anti-Trump votes to win the general. And gloating by either side doesn't help.

BTW--if Trump is the nominee are you anti-Trump people going to turn this forum into an actively pro-Hillary site?

Do you think that your vote should be earned or should it be automatic? Serious, on the level question.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 02:03:46 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2016, 02:14:45 pm »
My point is that the pro-Trump people will need anti-Trump votes to win the general. And gloating by either side doesn't help.

As I said we'd love to have your support and votes---but you have repeatedly stated "NeverTrump"!  So, I'm not understanding why you sound so upset over me saying we would go on to victory and the WH without you.  You have not been pushed aside, you have repeatedly said your voluntary withdrawal from helping Trump to victory is absolute.

Which leads me to repeat my question--and I'd like to know your thoughts: