Author Topic: Cruz, Kasich coordinate in new anti-Trump effort  (Read 7380 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cruz, Kasich coordinate in new anti-Trump effort
« on: April 25, 2016, 03:09:49 am »
http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/04/ted-cruz-john-kasich-team-up-222377

Cruz, Kasich coordinate in new anti-Trump effort

By Katie Glueck

04/24/16 10:21 PM EDT

Ted Cruz and John Kasich are ceding states to each other as part of a broader effort to stop Donald Trump, an abrupt change in strategy that the campaigns announced Sunday night.

“To ensure that we nominate a Republican who can unify the Republican Party and win in November, our campaign will focus its time and resources in Indiana and in turn clear the path for Gov. Kasich to compete in Oregon and New Mexico, and we would hope that allies of both campaigns would follow our lead,” Cruz campaign manager Jeff Roe said in a statement.

Previously, the Cruz campaign had largely refused to acknowledge the Ohio governor’s presence in the race except to dismiss him as a spoiler.

“Who?” Roe replied last week, when asked by reporters about Kasich.

The Cruz campaign had also previously planned to compete in those states, especially in New Mexico, with a memo from the campaign last month saying data showed that Cruz could win a majority of that state’s delegates.

Also Sunday, Kasich chief strategist John Weaver announced, “we will shift our campaign’s resources West and give the Cruz campaign a clear path in Indiana.

In turn, we will focus our time and resources in New Mexico and Oregon, both areas that are structurally similar to the Northeast politically, where Gov. Kasich is performing well. We would expect independent third-party groups to do the same and honor the commitments made by the Cruz and Kasich campaigns.”

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline BuckeyeTexan

Re: Cruz, Kasich coordinate in new anti-Trump effort
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 03:22:20 am »
Trump supporters will claim that this is a move by the GOPe to deny Trump the nomination. The reality is that more than 50% of the Republican electorate does not want Trump. 
There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle

geronl

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 03:30:39 am »
I have doubts

Offline Fantom

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 03:33:30 am »

Looks like a Cruz/Kasich ticket is forming.

I can live with that.

Not my preferred. But beats the heck out of any alternative named Clinton/Trump/Sanders.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

geronl

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 03:39:17 am »
Even if they coordinate, that doesn't make them a ticket.

But Nobody at Oregon Cruz campaign knows anything yet... from Michael Harrington

So I am getting contacted about this a bit, and I want to put this to rest as much as I can with the lack of information also being a factor.

1) The Oregon County leaders have not been notified about this, so I am speculating at this juncture.

2) Oregon has a strong establishment presence, it was my opinion we have half of them, so yeah it makes sense for Kasich to make a play here.

3) I think this may be commercials, and such. I hope it does not affect our visits.

4) This would indicate the percentage, according to the team, is very close in Indiana, if we get above Trump we get 30 delegates from the Winner Take all portion, and 15 or more of the County WTA portions.

5) It would still deny Trump delegates either way which is the goal.

6) I do not know how this affects the Oregon visit plan that was being discussed at length.

7) The radio and television market here is unused to large scale ads, so this could be a factor.

I do not have any further details, please point those asking to here, as soon as Narlina Duke has further details I am sure she will share them out for disbursement to the Public. Jeff Reynolds also will be a source for information

NOTE: Harrington is still handing out Ted Cruz signs to supporters in Portland and Multnomah County
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 03:39:36 am by geronl »

Offline Fantom

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 03:42:15 am »
Trump supporters will claim that this is a move by the GOPe to deny Trump the nomination. The reality is that more than 50% of the Republican electorate does not want Trump.

More like 70%.  Take into count the democrats voting for trump.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline madmaximus

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 03:46:19 am »
Go Cruz!!  I will vote for Cruz this year, even if it means I have to write him in.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 03:49:12 am »
Even if they coordinate, that doesn't make them a ticket.

But Nobody at Oregon Cruz campaign knows anything yet... from Michael Harrington

NOTE: Harrington is still handing out Ted Cruz signs to supporters in Portland and Multnomah County

Fair enough. Perhaps it is not a ticket forming. That works a treat for me as I would much rather see someone else pared with Ted.

I do not know where Kasich is getting his money.... but it cannot be very deep... unless there are deep pockets.

As for Ted.. this Simple Bricklayer is about tapped out(by law) for the primaries... I can only give another $150.00... hope others join in.

Frederick Douglass

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2016, 03:49:48 am »

Looks like a Cruz/Kasich ticket is forming.

I can live with that.

Not my preferred. But beats the heck out of any alternative named Clinton/Trump/Sanders.

As long as it's not Kasich/Cruz.....I don't think I can live with that......
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2016, 03:49:56 am »
This election is nauseating.  A Cruz/Kasich or especially Kasich/Cruz ticket would have a decent chance of beating Hillary, were Trump gracious in defeat. 

Everybody knows he won't be.  He will blow up the party, the country be damned.  And that certainty is enough to keep me from voting for him, should he prevail at the convention.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2016, 03:58:58 am »
If they can get Rubio to join, their combined delegate count is 878 to Trump's current 845.

Just hitting the news that he is no longer winning could change the dynamic for the last races.

Offline raml

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2016, 04:08:19 am »
I won't vote for a Cruz Kasich ticket and I know way to many who won't they won't win they will go down in defeat and they deserve it. They are both patsies for the establishment and I want nothing to do with them and I have company. They are no different than Hiliary and just as crooked.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2016, 04:09:42 am »
As long as it's not Kasich/Cruz.....I don't think I can live with that......

It would be a Cruz/Kasich ticket at worst. Much like Reagan had to take Bush 1.

However, as geronl has noted... maybe it is not a ticket forming... but rather an alliance which lets the process play out to both sides advantage. And most importantly...Trumps disadvantage.

The we go to Convention. And well see.

Frederick Douglass

Offline BuckeyeTexan

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2016, 04:12:31 am »
There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2016, 04:12:53 am »
Cruz, Kasich and  63% of us Briefing Room members coordinate in new anti-Trump effort.   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Fantom

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2016, 04:13:07 am »
This election is nauseating.  A Cruz/Kasich or especially Kasich/Cruz ticket would have a decent chance of beating Hillary, were Trump gracious in defeat. 

Everybody knows he won't be.  He will blow up the party, the country be damned.  And that certainty is enough to keep me from voting for him, should he prevail at the convention.

This election is spectacular.

Interesting times.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2016, 04:14:08 am »

Cruz, Kasich and  63% of us Briefing Room members coordinate in new anti-Trump effort.   

:laugh:

Frederick Douglass

geronl

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2016, 04:18:51 am »
Even if they don't focus on certain states and spend much money there, a lot of people are not going to be swayed.

I don't think they are actually teaming up. Anyway, until I hear it officially I will consider it poop. :p

Offline Fantom

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2016, 04:37:15 am »
Even if they don't focus on certain states and spend much money there, a lot of people are not going to be swayed.

I don't think they are actually teaming up. Anyway, until I hear it officially I will consider it poop. :p

Yes, it could be "campaign" rhetoric.  Ted does not need Kasich out in Indiana. Kasich is what 16% in Indiana?  So, with this duo announcement.. Ted wins Indiana outright for sure.. Oregon and New Mex are what.. two weeks away?

I think Kasich suspends his campaign after Indiana.  My personal opine. Certainly after Oregon if he comes in third. My thoughts is he is a trump spoiler in the N.E.  Maybe this announcement is the way out for him.

Anyways, My fav ticket is Cruz/West... Followed by Cruz/Martinez(until she went trump), ... but I am warming to Cruz/Fiorina(sp?)

Frederick Douglass

A-Lert

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2016, 04:37:48 am »
Kasich the liberal and Cruz hooking up. Pathetic. What about those "conservative principles"?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 04:39:09 am by A-Lert »

Offline Fantom

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2016, 04:42:28 am »
Kasich the liberal and Cruz hooking up. Pathetic. What about those "conservative principles"?

Could be worse.

Someone could have given money to the election of Clinton,Reid, Schumer... opps like trump did.

Frederick Douglass

Offline etcb

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2016, 04:45:37 am »

I agree he would not be gracious in defeat, but his history also indicates he would not be gracious in victory.  I suspect the fear (and threat) of Trump supporters sitting out the election or changing sides is overblown.  Cruz will appeal to conservatives in a way Romney could not in the last election and the democrat party actually has a greater potential for division than  the republican side.  Although anecdotal, I detect that Mr. Trump's threats are wearing thin, even with some of his supporters.  He may become like the little boy who cried wolf.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2016, 04:49:11 am »

I do not know where Kasich is getting his money.... but it cannot be very deep... unless there are deep pockets.

Some of it has come from Soros backed orgs.
The Republic is lost.

A-Lert

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2016, 04:50:34 am »
Could be worse.

Someone could have given money to the election of Clinton,Reid, Schumer... opps like trump did.

Did Cruz or Kasich contribute nearly a half million dollars to the Republican Party in the last decade like Trump has? Why not?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2016, 04:50:52 am »

I thought we were keeping that a secret.