Author Topic: Trump: Transgender people can use whatever bathroom they want  (Read 33035 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Trump: Transgender people can use whatever bathroom they want
« Reply #150 on: April 21, 2016, 08:00:43 pm »
No, I wasn't thinking "hoards".

But I was thinking....what if it was my daughter or grand daughter who was the victim of a brutal assault in a public restroom because of this law?

Geesh....all she wants to do is relieve herself in peace.

Brutal assaults have been with us since the dawn of time.   And since their beginning, there has been zero security in public restrooms .... ANY public restroom.  The irony is: the sooner we accept that there is no security, the safer we will be.    :shrug:

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #151 on: April 21, 2016, 08:01:36 pm »
Maybe we should buy our husbands wigs and have them come in with us.........   :smokin:

Oh, no. I've seen what's in that room. I'm not going in there again.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #152 on: April 21, 2016, 08:05:02 pm »
It's not just his "personal view." It's how he regards (or rather, disregards) the Constitution.

How is that? 
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #153 on: April 21, 2016, 08:11:46 pm »
That whole locker room thing is even worse.  Often it is just an open room and there are not private changing stalls.  At my gym back where you shower, while the showers are individual with small, wimpy doors, it definitely is not entirely private.    They do have a couple of private options for changing clothes, but that would be impossible in the shower area.

Then there are dressing rooms in stores.  It's more than just bathrooms.

If you're female, next time you're in a locker room changing, you'll look over and see this guy:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #154 on: April 21, 2016, 08:15:16 pm »
We'll see how long this law survives when some lady empties a magazine clip into one of these freaks.

Then, they'll suggest the trans NOT make eye contact.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #155 on: April 21, 2016, 08:58:48 pm »

http://althouse.blogspot.com/2016/04/trump-gives-direct-strong-answer-on.html

Althouse
April 21, 2016

Trump gives a direct, strong answer on transgendered people and bathrooms.

I like the way he focused on the role of law. North Carolina enacted a law, and now "they're paying a big price, and there's a lot of problems." Law wasn't needed, because: "There have been very few complaints the way it is. People go, they use the bathroom that they feel is appropriate, there has been so little trouble." There was already a social adjustment that accommodated people who needed to be accommodated.

Asked whether he would let Caitlyn Jenner, a trans woman, use the bathroom of her choice at Trump Tower, he said he would. He added, "There's a big move to create new bathrooms. Problem with that is … first of all, I think that would be discriminatory in a certain way. It would be unbelievably expensive for businesses and for the country. Leave it the way it is."

He was clear, practical, and sensible. He didn't go into impugning anyone on either side but saw it in terms of economics and law — and by law, I mean the limits of law, where it should end and where social etiquette works.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #156 on: April 21, 2016, 08:59:58 pm »
We'll see how long this law survives when some lady empties a magazine clip into one of these freaks.

======================================

Isn't Trump PRO-CONCEALED CARRY?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #157 on: April 21, 2016, 09:03:22 pm »

http://althouse.blogspot.com/2016/04/trump-gives-direct-strong-answer-on.html

Althouse
April 21, 2016

Trump gives a direct, strong answer on transgendered people and bathrooms.

I like the way he focused on the role of law. North Carolina enacted a law, and now "they're paying a big price, and there's a lot of problems." Law wasn't needed, because: "There have been very few complaints the way it is. People go, they use the bathroom that they feel is appropriate, there has been so little trouble." There was already a social adjustment that accommodated people who needed to be accommodated.

Asked whether he would let Caitlyn Jenner, a trans woman, use the bathroom of her choice at Trump Tower, he said he would. He added, "There's a big move to create new bathrooms. Problem with that is … first of all, I think that would be discriminatory in a certain way. It would be unbelievably expensive for businesses and for the country. Leave it the way it is."

He was clear, practical, and sensible. He didn't go into impugning anyone on either side but saw it in terms of economics and law — and by law, I mean the limits of law, where it should end and where social etiquette works.

LOL!! Yes, of course.  Donald is the only sensible one talking about transgenders in bathrooms.  Only he didn't talk sensibly about it.  What he said was a mess.  But, then, every thing he says is a mess.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #158 on: April 21, 2016, 09:06:32 pm »
Can you temporarily identify as a woman? Another interesting legal question I guess we will now be delving into.

In the context of public bathrooms, the more interesting question may be whether a woman can temporarily identify as a man.   In the real world, at sporting events and other crowded situtions, there frequently are lines to use the women's room.   Last week at a Phils game, Mrs. Jazz walked to three bathrooms before finding one without a long line.   It would certainly be a boon to women to be able to duck into an under-utilized men's room and relieve themselves.

Perhaps women would prefer to risk the once-in-a-blue-moon transgender in the ladies room in order to gain the ability to save time by using the men's room.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline musiclady

« Reply #159 on: April 21, 2016, 09:08:42 pm »
======================================

Isn't Trump PRO-CONCEALED CARRY?

If he was yesterday, he probably isn't today................. but he may be tomorrow, so there's that............
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #160 on: April 21, 2016, 09:09:03 pm »
Humans of both genders have something called a personal space.  The exact distance is unknown but everyone knows when its been violated.  It's a comfort thing, and it's been that way for thousands of years.  Likewise, everyone (almost) knows that in a bathroom, almost everyone, male or female would be uncomfortable with an unknown member of the opposite sex perhaps standing only a foot or two away.  Feeling insecure or uncomfortable in that situation is victimization. 

Does a young girl have to be made to feel like a bigot because she doesn't want a man standing within a couple of feet of her while in a bathroom?  Yeah, apparently a guy who is uncomfortable with his own biology has the right to make everyone else feel uncomfortable too.  Where are the rights of that little girl?

The right to privacy exists in the case of abortions but not in public restroom facilities usage.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #161 on: April 21, 2016, 09:13:21 pm »
Someone needs to ask Ivanka Trump to describe the last time that she used a public restroom in a bus depot or some place similar.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #162 on: April 21, 2016, 09:23:49 pm »
Who cares where they choose to go to the bathroom?

You really think its a critical to the nation's future that we block transgender people from the rest rooms...I'd say we have real problems to deal with, and Trump is brilliant to take that kind of stupidity off the table as he moves towards general election mode. Heck Sink, I'd share a couple of stalls with you any day as long as you adhere to the Bro Code (One space between us, baby!). :amen:
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 09:24:14 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #163 on: April 21, 2016, 09:26:38 pm »
LOL!! Yes, of course.  Donald is the only sensible one talking about transgenders in bathrooms.  Only he didn't talk sensibly about it.  What he said was a mess.  But, then, every thing he says is a mess.

I like the Cruz policy. Hold a few Witch trials, burn 'em at the stake for the sinners they are!
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #164 on: April 21, 2016, 09:37:38 pm »
I want to be a dog.  A dog can do all sorts of things that are normal - for dogs.  Well, okay... some things I wouldn't be so interested in doing.  But every fire hydrant is fair game.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline flowers

« Reply #165 on: April 21, 2016, 09:39:06 pm »

Then that woman will be taken out by the fed gov and attacked in the MSM. Her life will be ruined.

geronl

« Reply #166 on: April 21, 2016, 09:40:33 pm »
Lots of cases where non-trans males barged into a female restroom and victimized a woman.

If these say they are trans, then we are supposed to accept that, no matter how they look on the outside. One of their arguments against the NC law is that we can't be checking their underpants. So, they cannot pretend these men do not count as trans, if they are going into the women's bathroom then we must accept that they felt like women.

gotta be consistent after all.

:p

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #167 on: April 21, 2016, 09:40:48 pm »
Then that woman will be taken out by the fed gov and attacked in the MSM. Her life will be ruined.

Bernadette Goetz
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

geronl

« Reply #168 on: April 21, 2016, 09:41:56 pm »
Wait until a middle school girl is sued or charged with hate crime for refusing to shower with a boy.

The left will drag the little hater through the glass and mud.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #169 on: April 21, 2016, 09:42:48 pm »
I want to be a dog.  A dog can do all sorts of things that are normal - for dogs.  Well, okay... some things I wouldn't be so interested in doing.  But every fire hydrant is fair game.

I'm feeling like a billionaire today.

I'll let you know how it works out.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #170 on: April 21, 2016, 09:43:03 pm »
I like the Cruz policy. Hold a few Witch trials, burn 'em at the stake for the sinners they are!

Wow.  That was a stupid thing to say.............  **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline flowers

Offline flowers

« Reply #172 on: April 21, 2016, 09:53:59 pm »
I'm feeling like a billionaire today.

I'll let you know how it works out.
:laugh:

Offline flowers

« Reply #173 on: April 21, 2016, 09:54:47 pm »
Wait until a middle school girl is sued or charged with hate crime for refusing to shower with a boy.

The left will drag the little hater through the glass and mud.
I agree.

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #174 on: April 21, 2016, 09:56:46 pm »
I don't agree with Trump, but this was a smart move on his part. The primary is basically over. He can't do anything about the North Carolina law, and transgendered people are not the focus of this campaign. He figured that if he voiced support for the law, then Hillary and the liberal media would attack him on this until November. This election is about immigration, trade, etc., and he doesn't want to lose focus on those issues.