Author Topic: Donald Trump wins big in New York  (Read 12884 times)

HAPPY2BME

Donald Trump wins big in New York
« on: April 20, 2016, 02:08:33 am »
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/04/19/politics/new-york-primary-results-recap/index.html
By MJ Lee, CNN Politics Reporter
Updated 0306 GMT (1006 HKT) April 20, 2016

Donald Trump will win the New York Republican primary, according to a CNN projection, and could sweep the state's 95 delegates, a major win that moves him closer to the GOP nomination.

Hillary Clinton, meanwhile, will win the Democratic primary, a crucial victory that she hopes will blunt Bernie Sanders' momentum once and for all.
The biggest question for Trump going into the night is whether his margin of victory would be high enough to clinch most of New York's 95 delegates, which would make a big difference in his effort to avert a contested convention later in the summer. Trump will have to win more than 50% statewide and in each of New York's 27 congressional districts to take that prize.

CNN projects Trump will win more than 50% in New York's primary, giving him all 14 of the statewide delegates.

With 26% of the vote in at 9:45 p.m. ET, Trump was in the lead at 62.8% while Ohio Gov. John Kasich was at 23% and Texas Sen. Ted Cruz was at 14.2%.
"We're going to end at a very high level and get a lot more delegates than anybody projected even in their wildest imaginations," Trump said in a victory speech from Trump Tower.
He added: "We're going to go into the convention I think as the winner."

Heading into Tuesday, Trump and Clinton found themselves in a similar position: hoping to gain validation and momentum after a string of disappointments and missteps.

Offline Mesaclone

Re: Donald Trump wins big in New York
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 02:13:37 am »
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/04/19/politics/new-york-primary-results-recap/index.html
By MJ Lee, CNN Politics Reporter
Updated 0306 GMT (1006 HKT) April 20, 2016

Donald Trump will win the New York Republican primary, according to a CNN projection, and could sweep the state's 95 delegates, a major win that moves him closer to the GOP nomination.

Hillary Clinton, meanwhile, will win the Democratic primary, a crucial victory that she hopes will blunt Bernie Sanders' momentum once and for all.
The biggest question for Trump going into the night is whether his margin of victory would be high enough to clinch most of New York's 95 delegates, which would make a big difference in his effort to avert a contested convention later in the summer. Trump will have to win more than 50% statewide and in each of New York's 27 congressional districts to take that prize.

CNN projects Trump will win more than 50% in New York's primary, giving him all 14 of the statewide delegates.

With 26% of the vote in at 9:45 p.m. ET, Trump was in the lead at 62.8% while Ohio Gov. John Kasich was at 23% and Texas Sen. Ted Cruz was at 14.2%.
"We're going to end at a very high level and get a lot more delegates than anybody projected even in their wildest imaginations," Trump said in a victory speech from Trump Tower.
He added: "We're going to go into the convention I think as the winner."

Heading into Tuesday, Trump and Clinton found themselves in a similar position: hoping to gain validation and momentum after a string of disappointments and missteps.

UUUUUGGGGGEEEE!!!!

As importantly, Cruz comes in at a very distant 3rd place. Now that he's mathematically out of it...essentially...time for him to start looking at dropping out. Trump IS going to be the nominee, really nothing can stop that at this point...and he doesn't need to head to the convention with 1237, 1100 or more and there is just no way he can be stopped. Time for the party to rally behind its man.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Bill Cipher

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 02:14:56 am »
UUUUUGGGGGEEEE!!!!

As importantly, Cruz comes in at a very distant 3rd place. Now that he's mathematically out of it...essentially...time for him to start looking at dropping out. Trump IS going to be the nominee, really nothing can stop that at this point...and he doesn't need to head to the convention with 1237, 1100 or more and there is just no way he can be stopped. Time for the party to rally behind its man.

/snicker

Trump is not the nominee until he has 1,237 bound delegates, period.  What is it about you people that you cannot understand simple rules?

Offline Jackson

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 02:32:00 am »
Trumpazoids are immune to logic and reason. They only know that they want their caudillo, and they want him bad.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 02:32:36 am »
You cannot rally behind a degenerate. It will not happen. there is no way that I or millions of other Republicans could ever vote for a person with trump's character and history.

You can count me in that crowd as well.  If the GOP is stupid enough to nominate Trump, then I will vote third party.  I can no longer stomache Trump or his sycophants, and I no longer believe there will be much difference between him and Clinton.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 02:37:52 am »
And I will add that I do not say this as a sore loser. You can give me any other Republican name on the ballot, off the ballot, that is not a criminal (ie Hastert) and I will support them. I know of no other
candidate with such an ugly past as trump. As for that matter, not just the past but the present, as his continuous behavior during this election has provided us.

goopo

HonestJohn

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 02:39:06 am »
Trump's not sweeping New York.  Most of the precincts have either Cruz or Kasich with over 20% of the vote, netting them delegates.  And quite a few have Trump under 50%.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2016, 02:53:57 am »
You can count me in that crowd as well.  If the GOP is stupid enough to nominate Trump, then I will vote third party.  I can no longer stomache Trump or his sycophants, and I no longer believe there will be much difference between him and Clinton.

Then you will likely get what you deserve. Hillary Clinton and 3-4 new liberal Supreme Court Justices. Congrats, and good work.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2016, 02:55:50 am »
Then you will likely get what you deserve. Hillary Clinton and 3-4 new liberal Supreme Court Justices. Congrats, and good work.

Nope.  I'll get that because of the fools in the GOP who believe, without a shred of evidence, that an orange baboon is going to be a good conservative president.

The only vote I'm responsible for is mine, not yours.  And I'll cast my vote for the person I can stomache.  I can no longer stomache Trump and I have no real doubt that Trump's nominations to the Supreme Court will be just as liberal as Clinton's nominations.  Let us not forget that just about everyone who supports Trump also thinks that Chief Justice Roberts is way too liberal (or, for the tinfoil crowd, that Obama has "dirt" on him), and Roberts was nominated by GWB, who is most definitely more conservative than Trump is or would ever be.  If GWB's last nomination turned out to be too liberal for the Trump crowd, Trump's nominees will make Roberts look positively conservative by comparison.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 02:58:31 am by Bill Cipher »

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2016, 02:56:20 am »
Trump's not sweeping New York.  Most of the precincts have either Cruz or Kasich with over 20% of the vote, netting them delegates.  And quite a few have Trump under 50%.

Sweep it...that's never been the bar nor was ever thought reasonably possible. The bar was around 80 delegates, which would be considered a very good night for Trump. What APPEARS to be happening, is that is going to way outperform that goal and is likely to exceed 90 delegates. That is a huge and unexpectedly decisive victory, and it would be silly to try and paint it in any other way. Uuugggee.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2016, 02:59:44 am »
You have known since last summer that trump was unacceptable for so many reasons I cannot list them to a large segment of the GOP and yet you supported him no matter what crap he said or did. You ignored all the negatives with trump.  You and only you (his supporters) bear the responsibility of a Hillary presidency. And it will be here if trump is the nominee.

Exactly.  Trump supporters will give us precisely what they say they do not want, and they do not get the luxury of blaming the rest of us for what they've wrought.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2016, 03:01:46 am »
Nope.  I'll get that because of the fools in the GOP who believe, without a shred of evidence, that an orange baboon is going to be a good conservative president.

Tell yourself that if it helps you sleep. The truth is simpler. Republican voters ELECT a nominee every four years, and if elements of the party are too self centered, or too stupid, to rally around the winner...even if its not their guy...than they get, as I said, EXACTLY what they deserve. Trying to transfer the onus for that choice is childish, accept your responsibility and live with it. That burden is yours for a very straight forward reason, and that is that ANY party which cannot rally around its nominee...specifically those voters who don't get the guy they wanted to win...loses. And the loss rests with those who took their ball and went home, pouting because "their guy" lost.

Its clear no amount of reason or evidence...no preponderance of fact...will sway the anti-Trumpr's. Your emotion has carried you away and you are now going to ensure Hillary Clinton becomes president. You have every right to do this, just quit pretending its not your choices that are making it happen.

HonestJohn

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2016, 03:02:48 am »
I don't think they get delegates unless Trump is under 50 and that does not appear likely except in one or two districts. No doubt about it, it has been a bad night.

Well, at least 10 precincts have Trump under 50%.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2016, 03:04:45 am »
Tell yourself that if it helps you sleep. The truth is simpler. Republican voters ELECT a nominee every four years, and if elements of the party are too self centered, or too stupid, to rally around the winner...even if its not their guy...than they get, as I said, EXACTLY what they deserve. Trying to transfer the onus for that choice is childish, accept your responsibility and live with it. That burden is yours for a very straight forward reason, and that is that ANY party which cannot rally around its nominee...specifically those voters who don't get the guy they wanted to win...loses. And the loss rests with those who took their ball and went home, pouting because "their guy" lost.

Its clear no amount of reason or evidence...no preponderance of fact...will sway the anti-Trumpr's. Your emotion has carried you away and you are now going to ensure Hillary Clinton becomes president. You have every right to do this, just quit pretending its not your choices that are making it happen.

Tell yourself that if it helps you to sleep.  Clearly no amount of facts will persuade the Trump believers that they are committing the biggest political suicide in living memory, and are dragging the rest of the country with them.

Trump has huge negatives amongst most of the people who will be voting in the general election.  And each time he opens his mouth it only gets worse.

You and the other Trump supporters have brought us to this point.  You broke it, you bought it.  I won't go along to get along just to appease you.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2016, 03:05:16 am »
You have known since last summer that trump was unacceptable for so many reasons I cannot list them to a large segment of the GOP and yet you supported him no matter what crap he said or did. You ignored all the negatives with trump.  You and only you (his supporters) bear the responsibility of a Hillary presidency. And it will be here if trump is the nominee.

As was Cruz. As was Jeb Bush. As was anyone else in the campaign.

But big boys/girls wear their big boy pants and come around to vote for WHOMEVER the nominee is...because they are smart enough to know that all of the GOP alternatives are better than Hillary Clinton. If they don't know that, they are grotesquely uneducated regarding the GOP nominee and Hillary Clinton...and that is their own fault. So if you run home with your ball because you didn't get your way...blame yourself, not everyone else in the party who simply did as you did and voted for the person they believe would be the best president.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 03:05:41 am by Mesaclone »

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2016, 03:07:29 am »
Tell yourself that if it helps you to sleep.  Clearly no amount of facts will persuade the Trump believers that they are committing the biggest political suicide in living memory, and are dragging the rest of the country with them.

Trump has huge negatives amongst most of the people who will be voting in the general election.  And each time he opens his mouth it only gets worse.

You and the other Trump supporters have brought us to this point.  You broke it, you bought it.  I won't go along to get along just to appease you.

Translating: I'm gonna take my ball and go home 'cause you didn't let me get my way. Waahhh.

That is ALL you are doing, no need to dress it up and call it perty. The truth is simple, if you're a Republcan and don't vote for the Republican nominee, losing in the general election is your fault.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 03:09:34 am by Mesaclone »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2016, 03:19:57 am »
Nice try to sound like the mature sensible one. Maybe you want to throw in about your master's degree to add weight to your statements. Fact is, your argument is poor. The grotesquely uneducated would be those who chose the route of trump. Running home with my ball is something I have never done. Voting for trump is something that I will never do. Voting for a nominee just because they have an R by their name does not sound like a big boy to me. Doesn't sound like there is any intellectual thought in that process.  Vote for someone just because they have an R by their name.

Right on. The Trump people are celebrating a win in a state where the average GOPer is considered a Rat in most other states. On top of that he really didn't get all that many votes in a state that has a population of 20 million.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2016, 03:20:16 am »
Nice try to sound like the mature sensible one. Maybe you want to throw in about your master's degree to add weight to your statements. Fact is, your argument is poor. The grotesquely uneducated would be those who chose the route of trump. Running home with my ball is something I have never done. Voting for trump is something that I will never do. Voting for a nominee just because they have an R by their name does not sound like a big boy to me. Doesn't sound like there is any intellectual thought in that process.  Vote for someone just because they have an R by their name.

You don't vote because of the R, you do so because failing that you will let Hillary select the 3-4 SCJ's and run the country into the ground. And I sounded like the mature, sensible one because my point was mature and sensible. You should ponder that. I'll ignore the silly personal jab about my Master's degree...because we all know Trump voters like me are uneducated dupes.

I'm not telling you to vote for Trump. I'm just telling you that your choice is what puts Hillary in the White House, and that's indisputable. You have every right to make that choice, but lets just not pretend its someone else's fault. Its your choice, and the consequence will be yours as well. Be responsible for what YOU do.

geronl

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2016, 03:26:09 am »
Trump voters are all too redacted understand that NY is not going to vote GOP in November. ever.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 07:43:53 pm by Repub4Trump »

A-Lert

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2016, 03:42:57 am »
Right on. The Trump people are celebrating a win in a state where the average GOPer is considered a Rat in most other states. On top of that he really didn't get all that many votes in a state that has a population of 20 million.

60% in his home state compared to Lyin'Teds 44% in his home state. Of course the fact that Cruz is Canadian born may have turned off some Texans.

geronl

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2016, 03:43:33 am »
Trump & Hillary are identical twins

I would never vote for either of them.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2016, 03:44:06 am »
In reality there is nothing mature or sensible in your attempts to place the blame of a Hillary presidency on those that will not ever vote for trump. Nothing to ponder there. Your master's degree is something you have used with other posters. Most people I know with higher degrees (including many here) do not throw that out in postings to try to prove a point. They prove it with facts and superior presentation skills.
I do not pretend on anything. There is no question from early summer there was only one candidate that would cause a large percentage of Republicans to not vote for the nominee in November. You all made your decision anyway and that will be the same with myself and many other Republican voters. Finally, I like to take responsibility for what I do and that is why I could never vote for trump.

Your ducking, dodging and playing with semantics. Its your choice not to vote for the GOP nominee. As such, the consequences of your choice belong fully to you. You don't get to blame the rest of the party for nominating someone you dislike. THAT is what taking responsibility means.

That said, I eagerly await reading your next effort at laying out the "facts and demonstrating your superior presentation skills". As a Trump voter, I probably won't be able to comprehend your witty repartee' but I will do my best.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 03:44:58 am by Mesaclone »

geronl

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2016, 03:46:32 am »
POST REMOVED

Please keep comments on the article and candidates and refrain from insulting candidate's supporters . 
Any more posts will be deleted without notification.
We only have few rules.. a couple of big ones....  Do not insult other members. Do not use racist or language disparaging a specific class of people, protected or not.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 05:04:20 am by Mod2 »

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2016, 03:47:00 am »
I absolutely hate Trump and his supporters. There are no vile people than bleep.

They are worse than Obama and ISIS. At least Obama and ISIS don't pretend to be Republicans or conservatives.

No one who does what Trump and his rumpians do can be considered good people.

There are no redeeming qualities of these people, none

Great post. You're a brilliant advocate for your fellow Anti-Trump'rs here on the site. A perfect example of how you anti-Trumps use your "facts and superior presentation skills".
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 03:48:43 am by Mesaclone »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2016, 03:48:11 am »
You don't vote because of the R, you do so because failing that you will let Hillary select the 3-4 SCJ's and run the country into the ground. And I sounded like the mature, sensible one because my point was mature and sensible. You should ponder that. I'll ignore the silly personal jab about my Master's degree...because we all know Trump voters like me are uneducated dupes.

I'm not telling you to vote for Trump. I'm just telling you that your choice is what puts Hillary in the White House, and that's indisputable. You have every right to make that choice, but lets just not pretend its someone else's fault. Its your choice, and the consequence will be yours as well. Be responsible for what YOU do.

Nonsense.  Not voting for Trump is not voting for Trump. I won't vote for Hillary either.  Millions of Americans won't vote for anybody, and their votes are not for or against anybody.  My non-vote falls in that group.

You voted for Trump, you are pimping him, it's your job to convince people to vote for him.  I see little difference between him and Hillary.  I have no idea what kind of judges he'd appoint; hell, he was a Democrat until two years ago.

So, your attempt at guilt-tripping me falls on deaf ears. #NeverTrump means NEVER TRUMP!!!
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.