Author Topic: The Voice of Principled, Thinking Conservatism Needs Your Support  (Read 3043 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: The Voice of Principled, Thinking Conservatism Needs Your Support
« Reply #100 on: April 14, 2016, 12:51:09 pm »
[post deleted]
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 01:19:21 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #101 on: April 14, 2016, 01:02:45 pm »
Trump "connects" with angry white folks who love to hear their troubles blamed on brown folks.   That's hardly something the GOP wants or needs to be associated with.   

America is still a great country.  We don't need Trump-style ignorance to make it "great again".

Jazzhead, that's nonsense and completely uncalled for.  You know damned good and well that there are, here for instance, a number of DT supporters and to include them in your weird little world of bigotry is way out of line.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #102 on: April 14, 2016, 01:13:40 pm »
Broad, unfounded generalizations like that are what's ignorant.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #103 on: April 14, 2016, 01:14:16 pm »
I'm not saying a blessed thing concerning DT supporters on this board, Sanguine.   But it's common knowledge that the white identity movement supports Trump, and his words sure as hell don't help bring this country together.  Why do you think I'm #NeverTrump?   His temperament and his willingness to rip off scabs and pit American against American make him completely unacceptable to me.     

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #104 on: April 14, 2016, 01:18:56 pm »
Broad, unfounded generalizations like that are what's ignorant.

For the sake of comity, I'm deleting my post above. 

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #105 on: April 14, 2016, 01:21:24 pm »
No, the Trump supporters here at GBR most certainly are not bigots.
Unfortunately, making a broad generalization about those with whom DT "connects" necessarily includes them. Perhaps less general statements would be more appropriate.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #106 on: April 14, 2016, 01:37:23 pm »
No, the Trump supporters here at GBR most certainly are not bigots.
Unfortunately, making a broad generalization about those with whom DT "connects" necessarily includes them. Perhaps less general statements would be more appropriate.

I've never said they were.   But I know there's a pattern here where Trump supporters on the board contend that generalized statements about the nature of Trump's support are personal attacks.   I disagree strongly with that (especially since Trump supporters have their own safe space where they don't even have to deal with an itty-bitty Kasich supporter),  but I deleted my post above for the sake of comity.   

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #107 on: April 14, 2016, 01:48:24 pm »
Jazzhead, that's nonsense and completely uncalled for.  You know damned good and well that there are, here for instance, a number of DT supporters and to include them in your weird little world of bigotry is way out of line.

:thumbsup2:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #108 on: April 14, 2016, 01:55:30 pm »
Jazz.  I've read your posts in this thread and in another thread.  Honestly, you seem angry that your guy Kasich is losing and its beginning to look like he doesn't have a chance at convention.  I'll take your comments as you needing to vent.

Peace.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 01:55:46 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #109 on: April 14, 2016, 05:29:44 pm »
I've never said they were.   But I know there's a pattern here where Trump supporters on the board contend that generalized statements about the nature of Trump's support are personal attacks.   I disagree strongly with that (especially since Trump supporters have their own safe space where they don't even have to deal with an itty-bitty Kasich supporter),  but I deleted my post above for the sake of comity.   
That's a legit observation. We all could remember what truly is - and isn't - a personal attack. Above all, it has to be personal, so if I say Joe Schmo's candidate seems to have some nutty supporters, or those those supporters have some nutty ideas, I did not in any way, shape or form engage in a personal attack on Joe Schmo!

Unfortunately, sometimes this forum looks like a modern college campus, where everyone seems to be offended by something at any given moment.  :pondering: