Author Topic: Shocker. Ted Cruz Lies Again…Chuck Norris Did NOT Endorse Him and Won’t  (Read 15137 times)

A-Lert

http://dailyheadlines.net/archives/28224

It will come as little shock to those following the Cruz campaign to find out they have lied once again.

Norris also made a statement:

“I would like to clarify for the record that I have NOT officially endorsed any candidate for president, contrary to what has been widely reported in the media.”

“However, I am going to let the citizens of America decide who they think would be the best candidate for the GOP.  When the candidate is decided, I will support that person enthusiastically.”

Norris said that there is more than one candidate who would make a great president.

Offline flowers

Hmmpt. Lyin' Ted....who knew?

A-Lert

And unlike the sore loser anti-Trumps, Norris states emphatically; "When the candidate is decided, I will support that person enthusiastically.”

Norris said that there is more than one candidate who would make a great president.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
And where is your evidence that Cruz ever claimed Norris endorsed him? Anywhere?

This is the same nonsense that the Trump campaign tried to pull last time: placing the origin of rumors at the Cruz campaign. For all we know it could have been Trump's people himself.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline bolobaby

Hmmm... posting stuff from a month ago. Hmmm...

And not the full story either... Hmmm...
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Except Cruz never said Norris endorsed him. Norris was scheduled to be at an event with Cruz and then canceled but no where was it said he endorsed him. Cruz was billed as a 'special guest' as well.
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/an-american-rally-with-special-guest-ted-cruz-tickets-22657349743?utm-medium=discovery&utm-campaign=social&utm-content=attendeeshare&aff=esfb&utm-source=fb&utm-term=listing

IE, they were both scheduled to be at the same event and it was mistaken as an endorsement but never claimed to be.

Of course, the 'make your own headline' site you linked to doesn't exactly have a fact checking staff. Anyone can sign up and make up a story there.

HonestJohn

The site also contains a virus.  My anti-virus went berserk.

A-Lert

And where is your evidence that Cruz ever claimed Norris endorsed him? Anywhere?

This is the same nonsense that the Trump campaign tried to pull last time: placing the origin of rumors at the Cruz campaign. For all we know it could have been Trump's people himself.

Obviously you didn't read the article.

Offline ABX

I remember this one. It looks like it was the Daily Caller who claimed it was an endorsement erroneously.
http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/08/chuck-norris-hits-the-campaign-trail-for-ted-cruz/

They looked at the Eventbrite event that said Ted Cruz was a special guest, then saw Norris was also a guest, and they are the one who claimed Norris was campaigning for Cruz. No where on the actual event though, nor anyone from the campaign claim it was an endorsement. They were just both scheduled to speak at the same event.

Offline ABX

Obviously you didn't read the article.

That isn't a news article, that is, at best, a propaganda piece that wasn't fact checked on a 'create your own news story' website.

A-Lert

Hmmm... posting stuff from a month ago. Hmmm...

And not the full story either... Hmmm...

Well anti-Trumps post stuff from 1991.  :silly:

The full story is at the link posted.

Offline bolobaby

So, if you think that particular the link contains the "full story," then I can't help you.
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Well anti-Trumps post stuff from 1991.  :silly:

The full story is at the link posted.
And pro-Trumpers still post stuff from 1988. So in that realm, we're even.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

A-Lert

Except Cruz never said Norris endorsed him. Norris was scheduled to be at an event with Cruz and then canceled but no where was it said he endorsed him. Cruz was billed as a 'special guest' as well.
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/an-american-rally-with-special-guest-ted-cruz-tickets-22657349743?utm-medium=discovery&utm-campaign=social&utm-content=attendeeshare&aff=esfb&utm-source=fb&utm-term=listing

IE, they were both scheduled to be at the same event and it was mistaken as an endorsement but never claimed to be.

Of course, the 'make your own headline' site you linked to doesn't exactly have a fact checking staff. Anyone can sign up and make up a story there.

The Cruz campaign apologized, didn't they?????

The Cruz campaign has issued an apology to Norris and to the people of North Carolina:

“Late Wednesday evening, we learned that Chuck Norris will not be attending the rally in Charlotte, North Carolina, and has not officially endorsed any candidate for president.  We regret that our publicity implied otherwise and apologize to Mr. Norris and our rally participants for the confusion.”

Offline Frank Cannon

Can someone direct me to the quote where Cruz claimed he was endorsed by Norris? There doesn't seem to be one.

A-Lert

That isn't a news article, that is, at best, a propaganda piece that wasn't fact checked on a 'create your own news story' website.

How is it different than the anti-Trump crap posted here daily? It's true as evidenced by the apology issued by the Cruz campaign. Teddy isn't a saint.

Offline ABX

The Cruz campaign apologized, didn't they?????

The Cruz campaign has issued an apology to Norris and to the people of North Carolina:

“Late Wednesday evening, we learned that Chuck Norris will not be attending the rally in Charlotte, North Carolina, and has not officially endorsed any candidate for president.  We regret that our publicity implied otherwise and apologize to Mr. Norris and our rally participants for the confusion.”

Actually no, Cruz, nor his campaign apologized. That apology was issued by Keep the Promise PAC who was hosting the event.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/03/10/chuck-norris-no-longer-will-campaign-with-ted-cruz/

A-Lert

So, if you think that particular the link contains the "full story," then I can't help you.

That's obvious. To you anti-Trumps, , St. Teddy can do no wrong.

A-Lert

Actually no, Cruz, nor his campaign apologized. That apology was issued by Keep the Promise PAC who was hosting the event.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/03/10/chuck-norris-no-longer-will-campaign-with-ted-cruz/

http://www.opensecrets.org/outsidespending/recips.php?cmte=C00575415&cycle=2016

Keep the Promise PAC

Supports: Ted Cruz (R)

A-Lert

Offline ABX

http://www.opensecrets.org/outsidespending/recips.php?cmte=C00575415&cycle=2016

Keep the Promise PAC

Supports: Ted Cruz (R)

'Supports' is still not the campaign nor is it Cruz himself, as claimed by your post above and the source article(sic). That would be like attributing a statement you make here to Trump's campaign because you support him.

A-Lert

'Supports' is still not the campaign nor is it Cruz himself, as claimed by your post above and the source article(sic). That would be like attributing a statement you make here to Trump's campaign because you support him.

The article stated "The Cruz campaign"

Offline bolobaby

That's obvious. To you anti-Trumps, , St. Teddy can do no wrong.

You are welcome to try and explain to me what Ted Cruz did wrong here. Bear in mind that any misstatement on your part regarding the facts will only serve to bolster my point, so choose your explanation carefully.
1. Trump is never wrong.

Offline ABX

The article stated "The Cruz campaign"

The article is full of it. I linked above to the actual statement and it was not by the Cruz campaign but by the PAC's spokesperson.

And a reminder, this isn't even a legitimate source. It is a 'make your own headline' website where anyone can write anything, no vetting or fact checking. I could go there and in five minutes, post an article that says Trump snogged his daughter. Completely fake but that site doesn't check.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 09:52:20 pm by AbaraXas »