Author Topic: Poll: Denying Trump nomination would cost GOP in November  (Read 9985 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Poll: Denying Trump nomination would cost GOP in November
« Reply #200 on: April 13, 2016, 02:15:44 pm »
"THIS" thread?

What about "Men Brawl at NY Trump Rally"?    Are all you admin okay with THAT one?

How about  "Like Trump, Reagan was at 30% approval in April 1980"?   Now THAT'S an example of proper decorum I suppose?

You, Nancy and the MOD staff have evidently made a decision on how we're going to move forward here at TBR. 

Last night perusing the POLITICS category, I literally started to shake.   Never happened before in the SEVEN (7) wonderful years I've called this forum my "home".

Is this the 'new' standard....the new 'norm' in our quest to "grow the forum"?

No thanks.

DC, I'm really not quite understanding ... as I stated earlier (perhaps on another thread) ... I see posting articles with links provided noting and bringing about facts about Trump's behavior as twofold; informing others and venting.

Can you deny that violence continues to erupt at Trump rallies?  Can you deny Trump stated that he could shoot someone and he would still have supporters?  Can you deny that he stated that he'd allow rich Muslims into the U.S.?  Can you deny that he stated that he'd punish women who have abortions?  Can you deny that he is whining about the delegate count in CO?  Can you deny he really isn't fully knowledgeable about the nomination process?  Can you deny he thinks he is above the rules of obtaining 1237 delegates?  Can you deny that he publicly verbally assaults and attacks people who don't agree with him? Can you deny that his 'team' gave out delegate information and made threats?  The list goes on and on with him.

Perhaps you can dismiss his behavior and comments but (and I'll speak for myself and not others on this forum) I cannot.  I at first defended Trump as I felt he was earnest in his statements and brought focus to the illegal immigration issue.  Since then its been downhill.  His behavior to me is very concerning. His statements of what he's going to do with no record or no plan to back up what he says, makes him a very hollow drum.  He is running for president of the United States; heck he stated we are a democracy when indeed we are a Republic. For a presidential candidate to be acting and speaking like a fifth grade bully, inciting violence, disorder and disobedience of election rules that have been around for several decades because they don't fit his needs may not be concerning to you but certainly is a huge concern to me.

I realize in the past you have communicated why you like Trump and feel he is the answer to what ails this country, but I am honestly trying to understand as time goes on, Trump's remaining appeal.  For me, I am 100% convinced Trump is on team Clinton not just because he is my candidate's opponent, but because of his bombastic statements and actions -- I have nothing else to judge him by -- he also has a liberal past.

To you as a Trump supporter, no insult is intended towards you and if I have done anything personally to insult you, I sincerely apologize.  However, when a Trump supporter insults me personally, I will fire back if I feel it's worth my effort.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 02:17:46 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #201 on: April 13, 2016, 02:41:54 pm »

Last night perusing the POLITICS category, I literally started to shake. 

Have you seen a doctor about that?

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #202 on: April 13, 2016, 10:14:17 pm »
When some yahoo calls me a "Dem plant",I know right away all I need to know about them,they have the IQ of an actual plant.

I actually didn't call you any such thing. Keep hitting that straw man, though. Eventually you'll knock him right over!
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline musiclady

« Reply #203 on: April 13, 2016, 10:17:11 pm »
I actually didn't call you any such thing. Keep hitting that straw man, though. Eventually you'll knock him right over!

Yeah............. actually, you did.  And you made quite a point of doing it.

A proverbial splash, one might say.......

New forum, knows nobody, comes on, first post, anti-Trumps here are Dem plants.

And all these weeks later, still not a single fact to back up your dopey accusation.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Wingnut

« Reply #204 on: April 13, 2016, 10:20:58 pm »

I don't get you.   You come in here and act like a bitch. When you get slapped like a bitch, you whine?

Grow a pair. 

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #205 on: April 13, 2016, 10:24:24 pm »
Exactly why the Republican Party is the stupid party.

To a Democrat or a catatonic Trump pitchforker, yes.

I see a Party that has won the Governor office in 31 states and holds majorities in 34 State Houses/Assemblies and 36 State Senates.  A Party that is comprised of Conservative politicians and patriotic grassroots activists.   A Party that has won the U.S. Senate and House.

Trumpkins really shouldn't be throwing around the "stupid" label.  About anyone, or anything.  Ever.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #206 on: April 13, 2016, 10:58:52 pm »
Yeah............. actually, you did.  And you made quite a point of doing it.

A proverbial splash, one might say.......

New forum, knows nobody, comes on, first post, anti-Trumps here are Dem plants.

And all these weeks later, still not a single fact to back up your dopey accusation.

Really, please quote where I did so....showing of course his name in my quote.

It may take you a while to find the quote,

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #207 on: April 13, 2016, 11:00:42 pm »
I don't get you.   You come in here and act like a bitch. When you get slapped like a bitch, you whine?

Grow a pair.

This is a serious question. Are you an actual adult?

THIS is not a serious question. Are you really this classy of a guy in your daily life?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #208 on: April 13, 2016, 11:07:40 pm »
Really, please quote where I did so....showing of course his name in my quote.

It may take you a while to find the quote,

Nice dodge.  Doesn't work.  Bye.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #209 on: April 13, 2016, 11:11:25 pm »
Nice dodge.  Doesn't work.  Bye.

You accused, saying I had called sneakypete a Dem plant. I asked for some proof. You had none.

So, unsurprisingly, you followed up with no citation and a very grown up "bye". Good work, way to back up your assertion!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #210 on: April 13, 2016, 11:14:00 pm »
This is a serious question. Are you an actual adult?

THIS is not a serious question. Are you really this classy of a guy in your daily life?

You're obviously a good man, Mesaclone, and I'm happy to make your acquaintance.

some observations:

1) I'm sure given another opportunity, you would have selected a different title on your maiden thread.  

Truth be told, it's easy to see how a new member...one who even took a few days to stay in "guest mode", would get the impression...however wrong it was...that we have some trolls on the forum.   

Now, a month or so later on, you can see that instead, it was simply a matter of who could display a 'keener' way to tell us how much they hate Donald Trump as the Republican Nominee.

2) In the face of all the rancor thrown your way, you have displayed calm under fire, and have always played the ball and not the man.  I sincerely hope you remain with us, as IMO you're an asset to the forum regardless of how many moderators here might share a different view. 

Hang in there, sir!    :beer:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #211 on: April 13, 2016, 11:19:47 pm »
DC, I'm really not quite understanding ... as I stated earlier (perhaps on another thread) ... I see posting articles with links provided noting and bringing about facts about Trump's behavior as twofold; informing others and venting.

Can you deny that violence continues to erupt at Trump rallies?  Can you deny Trump stated that he could shoot someone and he would still have supporters?  Can you deny that he stated that he'd allow rich Muslims into the U.S.?  Can you deny that he stated that he'd punish women who have abortions?  Can you deny that he is whining about the delegate count in CO?  Can you deny he really isn't fully knowledgeable about the nomination process?  Can you deny he thinks he is above the rules of obtaining 1237 delegates?  Can you deny that he publicly verbally assaults and attacks people who don't agree with him? Can you deny that his 'team' gave out delegate information and made threats?  The list goes on and on with him.

Perhaps you can dismiss his behavior and comments but (and I'll speak for myself and not others on this forum) I cannot.  I at first defended Trump as I felt he was earnest in his statements and brought focus to the illegal immigration issue.  Since then its been downhill.  His behavior to me is very concerning. His statements of what he's going to do with no record or no plan to back up what he says, makes him a very hollow drum.  He is running for president of the United States; heck he stated we are a democracy when indeed we are a Republic. For a presidential candidate to be acting and speaking like a fifth grade bully, inciting violence, disorder and disobedience of election rules that have been around for several decades because they don't fit his needs may not be concerning to you but certainly is a huge concern to me.

I realize in the past you have communicated why you like Trump and feel he is the answer to what ails this country, but I am honestly trying to understand as time goes on, Trump's remaining appeal.  For me, I am 100% convinced Trump is on team Clinton not just because he is my candidate's opponent, but because of his bombastic statements and actions -- I have nothing else to judge him by -- he also has a liberal past.

To you as a Trump supporter, no insult is intended towards you and if I have done anything personally to insult you, I sincerely apologize.  However, when a Trump supporter insults me personally, I will fire back if I feel it's worth my effort.

goopo

Offline musiclady

« Reply #212 on: April 13, 2016, 11:27:14 pm »
You accused, saying I had called sneakypete a Dem plant. I asked for some proof. You had none.

So, unsurprisingly, you followed up with no citation and a very grown up "bye". Good work, way to back up your assertion!

Your post was generic.  Anti-Trump = Dem Plants.  Every one of us could have been included in your divisive post, and the accusation was completely false.

As for backing up assertions............... why don't you try naming an actual "Dem plant" before you cast stones at anyone else?

Your "work" is failing miserably............

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #213 on: April 13, 2016, 11:40:10 pm »
You're obviously a good man, Mesaclone, and I'm happy to make your acquaintance.

some observations:

1) I'm sure given another opportunity, you would have selected a different title on your maiden thread.  

Truth be told, it's easy to see how a new member...one who even took a few days to stay in "guest mode", would get the impression...however wrong it was...that we have some trolls on the forum.   

Now, a month or so later on, you can see that instead, it was simply a matter of who could display a 'keener' way to tell us how much they hate Donald Trump as the Republican Nominee.

2) In the face of all the rancor thrown your way, you have displayed calm under fire, and have always played the ball and not the man.  I sincerely hope you remain with us, as IMO you're an asset to the forum regardless of how many moderators here might share a different view. 

Hang in there, sir!    :beer:

Thanks DC, and you are very right on both counts. Dems can easily be confused with angry trolls, the similarities are quite striking =;

Offline musiclady

« Reply #214 on: April 13, 2016, 11:44:04 pm »
Thanks DC, and you are very right on both counts. Dems can easily be confused with angry trolls, the similarities are quite striking =;

And yet your completely false accusation of members of this board remains completely false..........

I understand your elitism, and thinking that you are superior to those of us on this board who don't support your fellow, but you still haven't come up with a single fact to back up your opening salvo condemning us here on TBR.

I know you won't ever do that, because you made the accusation up out of whole cloth, but it doesn't hurt to remind you that you started your journey on this board with a flat out lie.

And that doesn't make you better than we, no matter how much you perceive yourself to be our superior.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #215 on: April 13, 2016, 11:44:48 pm »
Your post was generic.  Anti-Trump = Dem Plants.  Every one of us could have been included in your divisive post, and the accusation was completely false.

As for backing up assertions............... why don't you try naming an actual "Dem plant" before you cast stones at anyone else?

Your "work" is failing miserably............

Yes, COULD have...but were not. The shoe only fit you, if you chose to wear it.

For the record, your assertion that I said ALL anti-Trumpers were plants is also wrong. I can now see why you are so wrong on your conclusions, as you've made a whole host of wrong assumptions and then relied on them in making a determination. Go back a few steps, use the ACTUAL facts of what I asserted, and then move forward if you wish to make a legitimate argument.

At this point, you've done little more than make up your own facts and drawn, inevitably, false conclusions from them.....interestingly...that's the same method the anti-Trumpers use on this board in general when attacking Mr. Trump. How insightful of me!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #216 on: April 13, 2016, 11:47:10 pm »
Yes, COULD have...but were not. The shoe only fit you, if you chose to wear it.

For the record, your assertion that I said ALL anti-Trumpers were plants is also wrong. I can now see why you are so wrong on your conclusions, as you've made a whole host of wrong assumptions and then relied on them in making a determination. Go back a few steps, use the ACTUAL facts of what I asserted, and then move forward if you wish to make a legitimate argument.

At this point, you've done little more than make up your own facts and drawn, inevitably, false conclusions from them.....interestingly...that's the same method the anti-Trumpers use on this board in general when attacking Mr. Trump. How insightful of me!

LOL! Once again you evade the truth of what you did.  Tried to divide us with utterly false accusations.

You said there WERE "dem plants" on this board, and there are NOT.  Your accusation was completely false, and no deceitful rhetoric on your part will change what you actually did.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #217 on: April 13, 2016, 11:48:57 pm »
And you're still not clever, no matter how cute you think you are......   ^-^

(It's in black and white, dear little one.  You can't accuse me of "making up" what you actually said and can be proven).

At any rate, liberal elitists bore me, so I won't respond to any of your pseudo-cleverness further..... :seeya:
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 11:50:54 pm by musiclady »

A-Lert

« Reply #218 on: April 14, 2016, 12:11:59 am »
To a Democrat or a catatonic Trump pitchforker, yes.

I see a Party that has won the Governor office in 31 states and holds majorities in 34 State Houses/Assemblies and 36 State Senates.  A Party that is comprised of Conservative politicians and patriotic grassroots activists.   A Party that has won the U.S. Senate and House.

Trumpkins really shouldn't be throwing around the "stupid" label.  About anyone, or anything.  Ever.

I see a "party" that has allowed Barry Obama, community organizer, to be the POTUS for 2 terms. 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #219 on: April 14, 2016, 12:21:27 am »
I see a "party" that has allowed Barry Obama, community organizer, to be the POTUS for 2 terms.

Odd phrasing. Nobody "allowed" Obama to be president.  He won two elections because he was the superior campaigner and won the bulk of minority and women votes.

The same scenario is set to play out in November if Trump or Cruz are the nominees.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #220 on: April 14, 2016, 12:22:50 am »

So the Trump "Party" would have staged a rebellious Palace coup d'état , removed the elected President, and installed a strongman more to your liking?

I didn't think you could be any more ridiculous than you have been these past weeks  - but you are overachieving.

A-Lert

« Reply #221 on: April 14, 2016, 12:40:47 am »
Odd phrasing. Nobody "allowed" Obama to be president.  He won two elections because he was the superior campaigner and won the bulk of minority and women votes.

The same scenario is set to play out in November if Trump or Cruz are the nominees.

Which "party" anointed Maniac McCain and Milquetoast Mitt? Which party failed to vet their opponent?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #222 on: April 14, 2016, 11:05:26 pm »
Last night perusing the POLITICS category, I literally started to shake.

Obviously a passionate white boy thing.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #223 on: April 14, 2016, 11:08:17 pm »
Which "party" anointed Maniac McCain and Milquetoast Mitt? Which party failed to vet their opponent?

Nobody was anointed.  Those candidates won more votes in primaries and caucuses than anyone else.  The GOP voters vetted them.

You're an Independent.  Can you even vote in a Republican primary?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #224 on: April 14, 2016, 11:41:38 pm »
Nobody was anointed.  Those candidates won more votes in primaries and caucuses than anyone else.  The GOP voters vetted them.

You're an Independent.  Can you even vote in a Republican primary?

Those candidates won more votes in primaries and caucuses than anyone else.
And so has Mr. Trump.