Author Topic: WashPost-Carson to endorse Trump  (Read 3231 times)

Offline GAJohnnie

Re: WashPost-Carson to endorse Trump
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2016, 05:26:18 am »
And the personal attacks and hysteric nastiness from the “Religious Conservatives” in the “Conservative” media at Carson tonight makes you wonder just what religion they actually practice.

Their conduct makes it clear it is not Christianity.

Apparently their religion in “Conservatism” and their god is Cruz.

A-Lert

« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2016, 05:37:09 am »
In that link.  To truth I don't think that is something you should post.  I thought that was against the rules.  You should blame your candidate for the beheadings.  He thought Obama was doing a great job.  Obama allowed Iraq and Syria to become a ISIS hell hole.  Yeah that makes sense.  Maybe Trump feels guilty that he thought both Hillary and Obama were doing great jobs.

Please try to focus. Where in that link? I can't find the quote. Post the exact quote you are attributing to Trump declaring he wants to register all US Muslim citizens.

Fact;

He spent more than 21 straight hours railing against any government funding for Obamacare. Then Republican Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas joined the other 99 senators from both parties in voting Wednesday to move ahead on a spending plan expected to do just that.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2016, 05:38:26 am »
We don't do spin here! Please refrain from campaign talking points, we hear them all day and night on TV. 
We discuss actual facts here.

So any of you that are operatives, are free to leave now.  Your presents here is not needed.

Now, get this thread back on topic and let everyone Trash Carson, because he is not supporting their candidate!  sheesh!!!
Carson is a good man and he lives in America, so he can do what he wants!

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2016, 05:57:50 am »

Trump touts Carson endorsement in debate surprise

By Eliza Collins

03/10/16 09:25 PM EST

Updated 03/10/16 09:36 PM EST

Donald Trump brought a surprise to Thursday night's debate—an endorsement from former presidential rival Ben Carson.

The New York billionaire was asked by moderator Jake Tapper what his specific issues were with Common Core when he pivoted to his endorsement.

“I was with Dr. Carson today, who’s endorsing me by the way tomorrow morning, and we spoke for over an hour on education,” Trump said. “He wants a lot of different things that are terrific.”

“I’m gonna have Ben very much involved with education,” Trump said.

Carson – who dropped out of the race last week – was expected to endorse Trump during a press conference in Florida Friday morning. In an interview with Fox News Radio Thursday Carson said there were two different Trumps and he was considering supporting the "thinking" version.

“There’s two Donald Trumps. There’s the Donald Trump that you see on television and who gets out in front of big audiences, and there’s the Donald Trump behind the scenes,” he said. “They’re not the same person. One’s very much an entertainer, and one is actually a thinking individual.”

He said he was "certainly leaning" toward an endorsement.

Carson's Trump endorsement is a blow to Cruz because Carson draws evangelical supporters from the same segment of the GOP that the Texas senator is competing for.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/03/donald-trump-breaks-ben-carson-endorsement-220601?lo=ap_a1

A-Lert

« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2016, 06:06:51 am »

By Eliza Collins

Donald Trump brought a surprise to Thursday night's debate—an endorsement from former presidential rival Ben Carson.

The New York billionaire was asked by moderator Jake Tapper what his specific issues were with Common Core when he pivoted to his endorsement.

“I was with Dr. Carson today, who’s endorsing me by the way tomorrow morning, and we spoke for over an hour on education,” Trump said. “He wants a lot of different things that are terrific.”

Carson – who dropped out of the race last week – was expected to endorse Trump during a press conference in Florida Friday morning. In an interview with Fox News Radio Thursday Carson said there were two different Trumps and he was considering supporting the "thinking" version.

“There’s two Donald Trumps. There’s the Donald Trump that you see on television and who gets out in front of big audiences, and there’s the Donald Trump behind the scenes,” he said. “They’re not the same person. One’s very much an entertainer, and one is actually a thinking individual.”

Carson's Trump endorsement is a blow to Cruz because Carson draws evangelical supporters from the same segment of the GOP that the Texas senator is competing for.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/03/donald-trump-breaks-ben-carson-endorsement-220601?lo=ap_a1

Dr. Carson has already been villified by some, sadly now the GOPers will bring out the long knives.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2016, 06:11:53 am »
Dr. Carson has already been villified by some, sadly now the GOPers will bring out the long knives.

====================================

They will cut THEMSELVES with their own knives.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2016, 06:16:22 am »

By Eliza Collins

This is absolutely key to understanding Donald Trump. I've heard this from other folks who know him. Behind closed doors, where he engages in one-on-one, that's where Trump shines.

Trump will lose a debate all day long to Ted Cruz. But in negotiations, he excels. He's gracious, focused, attentive and smart.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2016, 06:17:47 am »
====================================

They will cut THEMSELVES with their own knives.

Oh boy!  Exciting stuff.  Democrats talking about knives and posting pictures of beheading people.  You are Democratic aren't you?  If you are talking about Conservatives.  Donald loves the Democrats.  His vision is to make Liberals out of Conservatives.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2016, 06:23:37 am »
Oh boy!  Exciting stuff.  Democrats talking about knives and posting pictures of beheading people.  You are Democratic aren't you?  If you are talking about Conservatives.  Donald loves the Democrats.  His vision is to make Liberals out of Conservatives.

==========================

THIS exact attitude is why Donald Trump is annihilating the GOPe

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2016, 06:33:25 am »

TONE it down! Stop referring to other members as Democrats.

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2016, 06:36:38 am »
==========================

THIS exact attitude is why Donald Trump is annihilating the GOPe

I don't know what you expect.  The debate turned raunchy, especially the image.  Disgusting.   Trump is not annihilating anyone.  He is the third Democrat in the race.  He brags how he is pulling Democrats, Independents into the party.  Conservatives don't want to be Democrats.  Its that simple.  When it gets down to Cruz and Trump we will see.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2016, 06:38:27 am »
TONE it down! Stop referring to other members as Democrats.

Sorry, I will.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2016, 06:46:33 am »
I don't know what you expect.  The debate turned raunchy, especially the image.  Disgusting.   Trump is not annihilating anyone.  He is the third Democrat in the race.  He brags how he is pulling Democrats, Independents into the party.  Conservatives don't want to be Democrats.  Its that simple.  When it gets down to Cruz and Trump we will see.

If "conservatives" think they are going to elect a president all by themselves then they have the "little engine" syndrome worse than Kasich does.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline raml

« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2016, 06:58:26 am »
I believe Carson has every right to endorse Trump and I am glad he did. I was attacked by so called Christians for saying Trump was my second choice (now my first) after Ted Cruz. I don't elect government candidates due to their religion or how religious they are. As long as they promise to make sure we have the right to freely practice my own that is all I care about. I was told I wasn't a Christian although I am a born again Christian and no one can take that from me. I was told I was suppose to vote who held the founding fathers principles well I think Trump is ok there he didn't amass a business empire by being an ass that is for sure. This name calling makes me sick people pushed Trump saying bad things about him and he pushed back which In my book is fine shows he is not a wimp. I still remember Bush being harassed and he hid all his second term doing nothing plus talk about not being a conservative he wasn't and I voted for him. I like Trump the more I see him and listen to him the more I like him.

A-Lert

« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2016, 07:07:21 am »
I believe Carson has every right to endorse Trump and I am glad he did. I was attacked by so called Christians for saying Trump was my second choice (now my first) after Ted Cruz. I don't elect government candidates due to their religion or how religious they are. As long as they promise to make sure we have the right to freely practice my own that is all I care about. I was told I wasn't a Christian although I am a born again Christian and no one can take that from me. I was told I was suppose to vote who held the founding fathers principles well I think Trump is ok there he didn't amass a business empire by being an ass that is for sure. This name calling makes me sick people pushed Trump saying bad things about him and he pushed back which In my book is fine shows he is not a wimp. I still remember Bush being harassed and he hid all his second term doing nothing plus talk about not being a conservative he wasn't and I voted for him. I like Trump the more I see him and listen to him the more I like him.

:thumbsup:

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2016, 07:08:53 am »
I believe Carson has every right to endorse Trump and I am glad he did. I was attacked by so called Christians for saying Trump was my second choice (now my first) after Ted Cruz. I don't elect government candidates due to their religion or how religious they are. As long as they promise to make sure we have the right to freely practice my own that is all I care about. I was told I wasn't a Christian although I am a born again Christian and no one can take that from me.

==============================

No.  Nobody can take it from you.  Especially a politician claiming to be a Christian who is full of condemnation.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2016, 03:11:22 pm »
Calling longtime members here "democrat" is juvenile. Are you merely a young teen, fresh in from recess ??

My intent posting gruesome pictures is to prove the claims by Trump that they are cutting head off. And that is proof we should be on high guard against those people.

A woman that got through our lax security murdered 14 people, not far from my home area.

Again, I am not a democrat. I take it as an insult to be called such. I suppose you saw that type of behavior from some sore losers here, on this declining site.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2016, 03:14:19 pm »
Matthew Continetti ‏@continetti  28m28 minutes ago
Trump March 2016: “I think it’s time to end the debates.”

Trump March 2020: “I think it’s time to end the elections."
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2016, 03:17:39 pm »

I just want to make it clear.  I don't tell anyone how to vote.  But I do have just as much right to be critical of the candidates and question why people support someone with no obvious moral judgment.   I respect Billy, Franklin and Anne Graham.  Have a Billy Graham CD right here.  HEAVEN.  I would say it again.  I question Franklin Graham why he would prop up Trump.  He has an organization that I have given to.  Samaritans Purse.   Great program but how can a person agree with Trump when he is sending a message that Muslims aren't welcome in the United States.  That we hate them.   Samaritan Purse operates in Islamic lands.  You can't have a double view of helping and hurting at the same time.  These countries and the Muslims are Gods mission field and we are His Servants.  To create a view to people that you are trying to help that you are so racist you would go to lengths that Hitler did to control people deceived by the Islamic religion.  I would call terrorist Radical Islamic terrorism.  That is what it is.  I would have recommended that they create a safe zone for refugees in their own countries.  That is something that the world could do rather than put our country in danger by bringing refugee's who have been infiltrated by terrorists.  We know its true.  Has Trump given any real solution?  Everyone here questions everyone else's views.  That is debate.  I am not hurt by insults about Christianity.  I count that as gain.

Chosen Daughter

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2016, 03:21:19 pm »
Calling longtime members here "democrat" is juvenile. Are you merely a young teen, fresh in from recess ??

My intent posting gruesome pictures is to prove the claims by Trump that they are cutting head off. And that is proof we should be on high guard against those people.

A woman that got through our lax security murdered 14 people, not far from my home area.

Again, I am not a democrat. I take it as an insult to be called such. I suppose you saw that type of behavior from some sore losers here, on this declining site.

I apologize.  Forgive me.  We all are concerned about terrorism.  I don't think Trumps rhetoric will help.  It will only hurt in my opinion.  You are right it was wrong to question if you were a Democrat.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2016, 03:25:56 pm »
I apologize.  Forgive me.  We all are concerned about terrorism.  I don't think Trumps rhetoric will help.  It will only hurt in my opinion.  You are right it was wrong to question if you were a Democrat.
Accepted.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2016, 03:27:46 pm »
Point proven.

And the personal attacks and hysteric nastiness from the “Religious Conservatives” in the “Conservative” media at Carson  makes you wonder just what religion they actually practice.

Their conduct makes it clear it is not Christianity.

Apparently their religion in “Conservatism” and their god is Cruz.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2016, 03:29:18 pm »
Funny that Trump would want the endorsement of Ben Carson who is a pedophile.

Trump: Carson's Incurably and Pathologically Diseased, Kind of Like a Pedophile.

Online libertybele

« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2016, 03:31:53 pm »
This is absolutely key to understanding Donald Trump. I've heard this from other folks who know him. Behind closed doors, where he engages in one-on-one, that's where Trump shines.

Trump will lose a debate all day long to Ted Cruz. But in negotiations, he excels. He's gracious, focused, attentive and smart.

I think Trump might make a good ambassador to the UN or perhaps even Secretary of State.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2016, 03:33:01 pm »
Funny that Trump would want the endorsement of Ben Carson who is a pedophile.

Trump: Carson's Incurably and Pathologically Diseased, Kind of Like a Pedophile.

It is rather ironic.  Like Cruz, Carson was starting to gain in the polls and Trump had to take him down.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.