Author Topic: WashPost-Carson to endorse Trump  (Read 3229 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: WashPost-Carson to endorse Trump
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2016, 02:19:27 am »
Did you read any of the articles?  This is from your Washington Times link;  Mr. Trump’s campaign did not respond to requests for comment, but he himself in August repudiated praise from former Ku Klux Klan official David Duke, who said on his radio show that Mr. Trump is “the best of the lot” of GOP candidates.

“I don’t need [Mr. Duke’s] endorsement. I don’t want his endorsement,” Mr. Trump told Bloomberg. “I don’t need anyone’s endorsement.”

That seems pretty clear to me.

Fact;

He spent more than 21 straight hours railing against any government funding for Obamacare. Then Republican Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas joined the other 99 senators from both parties in voting Wednesday to move ahead on a spending plan expected to do just that.

I did read them and as for the comments to follow about guilt by association it is his positions that drive this.  I really can't believe that Americans would agree with a candidate that wants to create a register for Muslims.  These groups don't endorse him for no reason.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

A-Lert

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2016, 02:43:09 am »
I did read them and as for the comments to follow about guilt by association it is his positions that drive this.  I really can't believe that Americans would agree with a candidate that wants to create a register for Muslims.  These groups don't endorse him for no reason.

You were attempting to smear Trump. It didn't work.

We already have all kinds of "registers". Voter, firearms, drivers license, no fly list, etc., etc., etc.

Fact;

He spent more than 21 straight hours railing against any government funding for Obamacare. Then Republican Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas joined the other 99 senators from both parties in voting Wednesday to move ahead on a spending plan expected to do just that.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2016, 02:44:11 am »

We already have all kinds of "registers". Voter, firearms, drivers license, no fly list, etc., etc., etc.

Fact;

Perhaps we should be registering Christians, Hindus, etc, etc, etc as well?  Should we throw atheists in there, too?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2016, 02:52:47 am »

The Carson endorsement is a good one.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

A-Lert

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2016, 03:03:54 am »
Perhaps we should be registering Christians, Hindus, etc, etc, etc as well?  Should we throw atheists in there, too?

When they start flying commercial airliners into our buildings and beheading Americans, it might  be wise to take it into consideration..

Fact;

Bill Cipher

« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2016, 03:07:13 am »
When they start flying commercial airliners into our buildings and beheading Americans, it might  be wise to take it into consideration..

Fact;

None of those folks was a permanent resident or other bona fide immigrant to this country.  Registering those folks is nothing more than persecution without any real benefit in return.

Offline Relic

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2016, 03:22:14 am »
Honkey can call me a pedophile and I just say "Thank you massa."

I find it interesting that someone who constantly accuses Trump of racism displays racism.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2016, 03:27:11 am »
I find it interesting that someone who constantly accuses Trump of racism displays racism.

Do not respond to the immature attention seeker.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2016, 03:30:20 am »

You know that these registers are different from that of registering people solely on the basis of their religion.  It is based in fear.  Christians don't fear.  It is our Founding Fathers that put in place a government based on religious freedom.  Actually religious freedom is from God.  You would never find in the Bible where Jesus wants to force himself upon anyone.  What Trump is doing is creating exactly the kind of hate that Hitler did in order to get Germany to buy into the extermination of millions of Jews.  If you are watching the debate Rubio hit on this.  How Missionaries are seeing a fear in Islamic countries that America is changing into a nation that hates them.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, January 16 is Religious Freedom Day, a celebration of one of the powerful and unique freedoms within our nation’s founding and fabric.

In 1992, the House and Senate joined together to pass a resolution designating January 16th as Religious Freedom Day. This day is based on the anniversary of the 1786 passage of the Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom, originally authored by Thomas Jefferson. Congress formally recognized that the “Statute of Virginia for Religious Freedom inspired and shaped the guarantees of religious freedom in the First Amendment.”

Our nation’s Founders fled from a regime of religious persecution, sacrificing their lives to birth a new place of liberty. They not only believed that religious freedom was fundamental to shape this new nation, but that religious freedom was a fundamental human right for all.

President George H. W. Bush issued the first proclamation in 1992, noting that “American law and institutions have been shaped by a view of man that recognizes the inherent rights and dignity of individuals.”

Our nation’s Founders fled from a regime of religious persecution, sacrificing their lives to birth a new place of liberty. They not only believed that religious freedom was fundamental to shape this new nation, but that religious freedom was a fundamental human right for all.

For the last 24 years, each president has made an annual declaration and encouraged Americans to "observe this day through appropriate events and activities in homes, schools, and places of worship."

To better understand the Founder’s intent for this precious right, we must return to the actual text of the 1786 statute. Most notably, it reads: “…no man shall be compelled to frequent or support any religious worship, place, or ministry whatsoever, nor shall be enforced …in his body or goods, nor shall otherwise suffer on account of his religious opinions or belief; but that all men shall be free to profess, and by argument to maintain, their opinion in matters of religion, and that the same shall in no wise diminish, enlarge, or affect their civil capacities.”

The Founders understood that there is a direct connection between the prosperity and health of a nation and its respect for human rights and religious freedom. Individual faith grows when people live free of government coercion and control.

In America, any person can live their faith or choose to have no faith; in many parts of the world that simple truth is revolutionary. This fundamental right at the core of our nation allows the United States to champion religious freedom around the world.

Our own State Department’s Office of International Religious Freedom appropriately reinforces this value by saying, “Given the U.S. commitment to religious freedom, and to the international covenants that guarantee it as the inalienable right of every human being, the United States seeks to: Promote freedom of religion and conscience throughout the world as a fundamental human right and as a source of stability for all countries.”

Over the last few years, there have been many heated conversations in our own country about the role of religious freedom in our society, like pubic prayer, abortion, college campus organization, religious symbols, and many others.

Last summer’s Supreme Court decision affirming the right to live and work in accordance with one’s convictions was contentious, but the High Court reinforced the right of Americans to not just have a faith, but to actually enter the marketplace and practice that faith as well. Religion that is contained only within a church building is a weekend hobby, not a personal faith.

As we celebrate and recognize religious freedom today, let us reflect and remember that it has served as an important pillar of this nation from the start. For America to maintain its greatness, Washington must honor and prioritize religious freedom in public policy, as well as in culture.

Our nation has not grown past freedom of faith, in many ways we have grown because of our freedom of faith.

Republican James Lankford represents Oklahoma in the United States Senate.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/01/16/religious-freedom-day-2015-what-our-founders-understood-about-freedom-faith.html
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 03:32:09 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2016, 03:41:36 am »
How did the thread meander from Carson's endorsement, to religion and screening muslim immigrants?

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2016, 03:55:23 am »
MIAMI — Ben Carson, the retired pediatric neurosurgeon who ended his presidential bid last week, plans to endorse Donald J. Trump Friday morning, three people familiar with the discussions said.

Mr. Carson will make his endorsement, first reported by the Washington Post, at a morning press conference with Mr. Trump at Mar-A-Lago, his private club in Palm Beach, Fla.

In an interview with John Gibson on Fox News Radio, Mr. Carson said that there was more to Mr. Trump than meets the eye.

“There’s the Donald Trump that you see on television and who gets out in front of big audiences, and there’s the Donald Trump behind the scenes,” Mr. Carson said. “They’re not the same person.”

“One’s very much an entertainer, and one is actually a thinking individual,” he said.

Mr. Carson, a retired neurosurgeon, said that Mr. Trump would be “a lot better than Hillary” and that he would not be as bad as many conservatives fear. He said that Mr. Trump was “more reasonable” than people realized and that he could be an asset to Republican efforts to maintain control of Congress because he is harnessing the anger of the American public.

Mr. Trump has compared Mr. Carson to a child molester, called him “super low energy” and questioned his religion when they were competing against each other for the Republican presidential nomination.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/03/10/ben-carson-says-hes-leaning-toward-donald-trump-endorsement/?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2016, 03:56:32 am »
How did the thread meander from Carson's endorsement, to religion and screening muslim immigrants?

===================================

Back on.

A-Lert

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2016, 04:26:36 am »
None of those folks was a permanent resident or other bona fide immigrant to this country.  Registering those folks is nothing more than persecution without any real benefit in return.

Where did Trump state that he wanted to register all Muslim US citizens?

Fact;

A-Lert

« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2016, 04:28:50 am »

Good question!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2016, 04:33:48 am »

...Cruz adding the Bush team to his campaign is proof that he is hypocrite lying about his "fighting the Washington Cartel" outsider campaign[/b]

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2016, 04:34:06 am »
Carson professed himself to be a Christian, and up until today was openly talking about trying to get good Christians elected to office.

Apparently, if the Post is to be believed, that's all about to go out the window.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2016, 04:40:08 am »

Nothing racist about characterizing Carson's slobbering over Trump, a man who called him a pedophile and a crazy.

Car$on's about the geetus.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

A-Lert

« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2016, 04:51:53 am »
Nothing racist about characterizing Carson's slobbering over Trump, a man who called him a pedophile and a crazy.

Car$on's about the geetus.

I don't know any other way to state this except, according to Dr. Carson, you are a liar.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/11/13/carson-trump-didnt-call-me-a-child-molester-people-in-the-press-twisted-his-words-video/

Carson: Trump Didn’t Call Me A Child Molester; Reporters Twisted His Words [VIDEO]

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2015/11/13/carson-trump-didnt-call-me-a-child-molester-people-in-the-press-twisted-his-words-video/#ixzz42YeO5kHO

Fact;

He spent more than 21 straight hours railing against any government funding for Obamacare. Then Republican Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas joined the other 99 senators from both parties in voting Wednesday to move ahead on a spending plan expected to do just that

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2016, 04:57:01 am »

You know that these registers are different from that of registering people solely on the basis of their religion.  It is based in fear.  Christians don't fear.  It is our Founding Fathers that put in place a government based on religious freedom.  Actually religious freedom is from God.

Tell these muslims all about your wonderful ideas about religious freedom. They laugh at you and worse...............

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2016, 05:00:25 am »
Where did Trump state that he wanted to register all Muslim US citizens?

Fact;

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2015/11/20/3724432/trump-muslim-database/

If you endorse someone then you are accepting their statements as your own.  So sad for Carson. 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2016, 05:03:36 am »
I don't know any other way to state this except, according to Dr. Carson, you are a liar.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/11/13/carson-trump-didnt-call-me-a-child-molester-people-in-the-press-twisted-his-words-video/

Carson: Trump Didn’t Call Me A Child Molester; Reporters Twisted His Words [VIDEO]

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2015/11/13/carson-trump-didnt-call-me-a-child-molester-people-in-the-press-twisted-his-words-video/#ixzz42YeO5kHO

Carson's Stockholm Syndrome is astounding.

He follows the money, and Trump has the money.

Well, Trump said what he said. Carson's a wimp, always putting the best face on everything. 

He DID compare Carson to a child molester and said he was crazy.

But, Carson's into the Stockholm Syndrome
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

A-Lert

« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2016, 05:04:31 am »
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2015/11/20/3724432/trump-muslim-database/

If you endorse someone then you are accepting their statements as your own.  So sad for Carson.

Where is the quote by Trump stating that he wants to register all Muslim US citizens???????

Fact;

A-Lert

« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2016, 05:07:17 am »

Carson's Stockholm Syndrome is astounding.

He follows the money, and Trump has the money.

Well, Trump said what he said. Carson's a wimp, always putting the best face on everything. 

He DID compare Carson to a child molester and said he was crazy.

But, Carson's into the Stockholm Syndrome

You've been exposed for what you really are. You have no credibility.  I'll leave it at that.

Fact;

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2016, 05:12:09 am »
Where is the quote by Trump stating that he wants to register all Muslim US citizens???????

Fact;

In that link.  To truth I don't think that is something you should post.  I thought that was against the rules.  You should blame your candidate for the beheadings.  He thought Obama was doing a great job.  Obama allowed Iraq and Syria to become a ISIS hell hole.  Yeah that makes sense.  Maybe Trump feels guilty that he thought both Hillary and Obama were doing great jobs. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2016, 05:17:39 am »
And BTW Truth.  Please clarify.  You believe we should register Muslims because ISIS was allowed to commit genocide in Syria by the President Trump had praise for?  I never praised Hillary or Obama.  Those are Trumps buddies.