Author Topic: God Has Coffee With Donald Trump  (Read 3954 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
God Has Coffee With Donald Trump
« on: March 06, 2016, 07:47:44 pm »
Matt Barber
Townhall
March 6, 2016

What would happen if Donald Trump sat down with the Creator of the universe in a SoHo bistro?

The following statements attributed to Mr. Trump are not fabricated. The man truly uttered them. Those attributed to God are likewise genuine.

With whom do you agree?

Lattes are poured and chairs, scooted.

The discussion begins.
More, with reader comments

Bill Cipher

Re: God Has Coffee With Donald Trump
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 07:57:27 pm »
Considering Trump's support for planned parenthood, amongst many other things, I rather doubt that meeting would happen.  Ever.

A-Lert

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 05:01:39 am »
Not that I agree, but it didn't seem to hurt JFK or Bill Clinton, did it?

Bill Cipher

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 05:14:12 am »
Not that I agree, but it didn't seem to hurt JFK or Bill Clinton, did it?

Except that neither one was a republican.

A-Lert

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 05:16:05 am »
Except that neither one was a republican.

DUH!

Bill Cipher

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 05:17:41 am »
DUH!

Which is precisely why it would hurt Trump.

A-Lert

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2016, 05:23:35 am »
Which is precisely why it would hurt Trump.

Obviously you are hoping it does.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2016, 05:28:51 am »
Obviously you are hoping it does.

No.  I had hoped that pointing out all of his idiocies and blatant inconsistencies with his past, inconsistencies that cannot be attributed to any honest change of thought, the way that Reagans change in views could be traced.  This is just a matter of pointing what should be "DUH!" to most people.  Those comments will go a long way toward chasing off women in the general election.

Besides, as I've already pointed out, if he God forbid gets the nomination, then I vote for him in the general.  Until then I'd rather not. 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2016, 06:08:12 am »
These Trump quotes are disgusting and terrible on a whole lot of levels, and I have spent a fair amount of time on bar stools back in the day with drunk high people saying stupid stuff. These are things he said in front of people recording it for posterity. Unbelievable.

A-Lert

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2016, 06:11:51 am »
Neither were altar boys or faithful, but show me where they had these kinds of quotes attributed to them as Trump does .... which can be run on the airwaves nonstop in the general. Also, the quotes coming from Trump show disrespect for women at a degree which I have never seen in any candidate.

It's a different time. I believe there are books written by former SSA that have disclosed things about both Clinton and JFK that were never made public before. Not to mention EVERYTHING we know about Clinton and he's still popular with women and the "in" crowd.  The media protected both of them.

I don't approve of infidelity or divorce, but finding a virgin candidate or one with few skeletons is becoming more and more difficult.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/evangelist-franklin-graham-urges-millions-christians-vote-n490781http://

"You may have two candidates out there that may be heathens who end up running against each other and you'll just have to decide which is the less of the two heathens," Graham said. "It may not always be clear, is what I'm saying, and a person is gonna have to make up their minds and they'll have to make that choice and I'm not gonna do that for them

Bill Cipher

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2016, 06:18:35 am »
It's a different time. I believe there are books written by former SSA that have disclosed things about both Clinton and JFK that were never made public before. Not to mention EVERYTHING we know about Clinton and he's still popular with women and the "in" crowd.  The media protected both of them.

I don't approve of infidelity or divorce, but finding a virgin candidate or one with few skeletons is becoming more and more difficult.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/evangelist-franklin-graham-urges-millions-christians-vote-n490781http://

"You may have two candidates out there that may be heathens who end up running against each other and you'll just have to decide which is the less of the two heathens," Graham said. "It may not always be clear, is what I'm saying, and a person is gonna have to make up their minds and they'll have to make that choice and I'm not gonna do that for them

And the simple rejoinder is two-fold: (1) that was then and this is now, it's ancient history, and (2) yes, it was bad what JFK and Bill Clinton did, but we've come a long way from that, and Trump is just going to drag us backward.  We won't win on that argument. 

A-Lert

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2016, 06:37:51 am »
And the simple rejoinder is two-fold: (1) that was then and this is now, it's ancient history, and (2) yes, it was bad what JFK and Bill Clinton did, but we've come a long way from that,

Really? You don't watch TV, see movies or listen to radio. I see and hear things daily that make me cringe. That's no easy task as I've spent most of my adult life in male dominated areas, locker rooms, construction sites, sales meetings, hunting/fishing camps and saloons.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2016, 06:45:05 am »
Really? You don't watch TV, see movies or listen to radio. I see and hear things daily that make me cringe. That's no easy task as I've spent most of my adult life in male dominated areas, locker rooms, construction sites, sales meetings, hunting/fishing camps and saloons.

Really.  And yes, I watch tv, see movies, although I don't listen to much radio.  But we're not talking about an election that's limited to men.  We're talking about an election where a lot of women will be voting, and what Trump said in those comments will drive them away.    That means that the fact that you've heard worse in male dominated areas isn't relevant to what the voters in the general election are going to think.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 06:46:24 am by Bill Cipher »

A-Lert

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2016, 06:59:15 am »
Really.  And yes, I watch tv, see movies, although I don't listen to much radio.  But we're not talking about an election that's limited to men.  We're talking about an election where a lot of women will be voting, and what Trump said in those comments will drive them away.    That means that the fact that you've heard worse in male dominated areas isn't relevant to what the voters in the general election are going to think.

Really? There is worse in media every day. If women care so much, what about Hillary and all the foul language and denigration of military and SSA attributed to her? Obama and his alleged boyfriends and drug use? If only the GOPers would have gone after Obama as diligently and fiercely as Trump, this wouldn't be a point of conversation. The GOP is shooting itself in the foot one more time.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2016, 07:03:19 am »
Really? There is worse in media every day. If women care so much, what about Hillary and all the foul language and denigration of military and SSA attributed to her? Obama and his alleged boyfriends and drug use? If only the GOPers would have gone after Obama as diligently and fiercely as Trump, this wouldn't be a point of conversation. The GOP is shooting itself in the foot one more time.

Obama and his boyfriends?  What does that have to do with anything, other than nasty conjecture on various right of center websites. 

You're certainly welcome to evaluate his remarks as you wish, but you might want to print out the list and show it to some women you know and ask them what they think.  I don't think all of them will be blase about them. 

A-Lert

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2016, 07:19:58 am »
Obama and his boyfriends?  What does that have to do with anything, other than nasty conjecture on various right of center websites. 

You're certainly welcome to evaluate his remarks as you wish, but you might want to print out the list and show it to some women you know and ask them what they think.  I don't think all of them will be blase about them.

Nasty conjecture is what the anti-Trumps and libs do daily.

No need for me to print them out, the anti-Trumps and libs will see to it that they are front page, nightly news and reposted ad infintum ad nauseum.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2016, 07:23:32 am »
Nasty conjecture is what the anti-Trumps and libs do daily.

No need for me to print them out, the anti-Trumps and libs will see to it that they are front page, nightly news and reposted ad infintum ad nauseum.

I'm not sure where you're going with this.  We were discussing factual comments made by Trump and the likely effect those remarks would have on women.  They aren't nasty conjecture, they are fact.   

A-Lert

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2016, 07:32:23 am »
I'm not sure where you're going with this.  We were discussing factual comments made by Trump and the likely effect those remarks would have on women.  They aren't nasty conjecture, they are fact.

I could draw a map for you, but I firmly believe it would be a waste of time and effort. I'm out of here.  :seeya:

Bill Cipher

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2016, 07:37:02 am »
I could draw a map for you, but I firmly believe it would be a waste of time and effort. I'm out of here.  :seeya:

Ok.  Have a good night. 

Offline aligncare

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2016, 12:09:05 pm »
Matt Barber
Townhall
March 6, 2016
More, with reader comments

There's no 'what if' about it. The Donald did sit down and have coffee with the King of the universe – Larry king.

A couple of these King-sized interviews with Trump, in 1988 and 1990, were extremely revealing (on YouTube, search words: Larry King Donald Trump -- if you had the guts to face the truth).

And what is the truth? Larry King's interview with Donald Trump at the 1988 Republican National Convention about his political views, revealed a young Donald Trump with exactly the same message then as he has today about politics, the dishonest media and about his reasons for being a republican.

The exact same message in 1988 and 1990. In other words: consistent political views.  Hmm  :pondering:

I guess Ted Cruz is not the lone "consistent conservative." Only thing is the Donald is a much more likable and dynamic presidential candidate than the preacher, Mr. Haney Joe McCarthy, who would lose in a landslide national election.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2016, 12:14:05 pm »
Trump's likeability depends on your perspective.  I don't find him in the least likeable.  But that is my view; yours may differ. 

Offline aligncare

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2016, 01:48:04 pm »
Trump's likeability depends on your perspective.  I don't find him in the least likeable.  But that is my view; yours may differ.

So much for political pundits' knowledge and wisdom. From December 9, 2015:

DONALD TRUMP LEADS IN THE POLLS, BUT TED CRUZ LOOKS MORE LIKE THE FAVORITE

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/12/09/fact-ted-cruz-is-in-the-catbirds-seat-to-win-the-republican-nomination/

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2016, 01:56:18 pm »
So much for political pundits' knowledge and wisdom. From December 9, 2015:

DONALD TRUMP LEADS IN THE POLLS, BUT TED CRUZ LOOKS MORE LIKE THE FAVORITE

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/12/09/fact-ted-cruz-is-in-the-catbirds-seat-to-win-the-republican-nomination/

With only an 84 delegate spread between Cruz and Trump right now, that article seems more right than it is wrong at this point. Hell, if Rubio ends this and releases his delegates it will put Cruz 72 up. Not really a barn burner for Trump so far.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2016, 02:14:25 pm »
With only an 84 delegate spread between Cruz and Trump right now, that article seems more right than it is wrong at this point. Hell, if Rubio ends this and releases his delegates it will put Cruz 72 up. Not really a barn burner for Trump so far.

It's funny how the guy who's behind in polls and state delegates and state primaries won, is better positioned to win the nomination.

So, just how does that work?

(May I suggest: projection, wishful thinking, panic?)

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2016, 02:23:08 pm »
It's funny how the guy who's behind in polls and state delegates and state primaries won, is better positioned to win the nomination.

So, just how does that work?

(May I suggest: projection, wishful thinking, panic?)

It's called momentum. Trumps is decreasing and Cruz is increasing. Just look at the results of this weekends Primaries. In LA for example had late deciders break for Cruz in a significant way. This was supposed to be a blowout weekend for Trump and it was far from it.