Author Topic: God Has Coffee With Donald Trump  (Read 3955 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: God Has Coffee With Donald Trump
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2016, 02:47:27 pm »
Since the article consists completely of quotes, it's impossible to dismiss.

What Trump has said about himself based on his (sinful) ego, and what he has said about women based on his (sinful) lifestyle is quite clear.

Any attempts to say it's OK, and he's just fine, are merely excuses.

He's not OK.  He's not fine.

And he's made that clear in his own words.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2016, 02:47:59 pm »
It's called momentum. Trumps is decreasing and Cruz is increasing. Just look at the results of this weekends Primaries. In LA for example had late deciders break for Cruz in a significant way. This was supposed to be a blowout weekend for Trump and it was far from it.

Perhaps the voters are finally waking up.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2016, 03:28:30 pm »
Nasty conjecture is what the anti-Trumps and libs do daily.

"Nasty conjecture"?  These are quotes, bub.  The's man's a pig.   How can you expect Trump to win the general election without the support of half the electorate? 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline musiclady

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2016, 06:25:37 pm »
Nasty conjecture is what the anti-Trumps and libs do daily.

No need for me to print them out, the anti-Trumps and libs will see to it that they are front page, nightly news and reposted ad infintum ad nauseum.

I'm still trying to figure out where you get "nasty conjecture" out of actual Trump quotes, and the crystal clear Scripture that says what he is saying and doing is wrong.

How is either aspect of this imaginary conversation "nasty?"  It's based on clear cut facts on both sides of the conversation.

I see how you've turned this around on people who are asking the question, but I'd like to see you defend your comment.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2016, 07:06:47 pm »
What would happen if Donald Trump sat down with the Creator of the universe in a SoHo bistro?

If Donald Trump ever got within seeing distance of God he would instantly be a cinder!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2016, 07:39:43 pm »
If Donald Trump ever got within seeing distance of God he would instantly be a cinder!

That would be my guess........

A-Lert

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2016, 07:40:46 pm »
I'm still trying to figure out where you get "nasty conjecture" out of actual Trump quotes, and the crystal clear Scripture that says what he is saying and doing is wrong.

How is either aspect of this imaginary conversation "nasty?"  It's based on clear cut facts on both sides of the conversation.

I see how you've turned this around on people who are asking the question, but I'd like to see you defend your comment.

Do you honestly believe the other candidates are as pure as the freshly fallen snow?  If moral character is so important in politics, how did Jefferson, Harding, Kennedy, Johnson and Clinton get elected? Not to mention all the philandering congressmen and senators. 

I do not approve of or condone it, but I'm also a realist. The mudslinging is despicable and will only hurt the GOP. None of us are without sin. The target should be HRC.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2016, 08:09:45 pm »
Do you honestly believe the other candidates are as pure as the freshly fallen snow?  If moral character is so important in politics, how did Jefferson, Harding, Kennedy, Johnson and Clinton get elected? Not to mention all the philandering congressmen and senators. 

I do not approve of or condone it, but I'm also a realist. The mudslinging is despicable and will only hurt the GOP. None of us are without sin. The target should be HRC.

You mean that pointing out that Donald Trump is a serial adulterer is 'despicable' but his being a serial adulterer is NOT despicable?

Interesting perspective on morality........

The fact of the matter is that we have three candidates left who do respect women and marital fidelity, and one who does not.

That makes the process of elimination for those of us who still DO think that character in a leader matters a bit easier.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2016, 08:12:13 pm »
And before anyone starts whining, I am NOT saying that voting for Trump means one is immoral (and have never said that).

But voting for Donald Trump means, as A-Lert has just explained about himself, that character and morality in a candidate are not primary issues.  For me, they are.

A-Lert

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2016, 08:21:55 pm »
You mean that pointing out that Donald Trump is a serial adulterer is 'despicable' but his being a serial adulterer is NOT despicable?

Interesting perspective on morality........

The fact of the matter is that we have three candidates left who do respect women and marital fidelity, and one who does not.

That makes the process of elimination for those of us who still DO think that character in a leader matters a bit easier.

I don't know how I can be anymore clear; I do not approve of or condone it, but I'm also a realist. The mudslinging is despicable and will only hurt the GOP. None of us are without sin. The target should be HRC. I repeat THE TARGET SHOULD BE HRC!

You are assuming there are 3 candidates who do respect women and marital fidelity. You don't know for sure. You have no proof, just conjecture. I, for one, won't be spending my time and effort attempting to dig up dirt on the GOP candidates.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2016, 08:31:40 pm »
I don't know how I can be anymore clear; I do not approve of or condone it, but I'm also a realist. The mudslinging is despicable and will only hurt the GOP. None of us are without sin. The target should be HRC. I repeat THE TARGET SHOULD BE HRC!

You are assuming there are 3 candidates who do respect women and marital fidelity. You don't know for sure. You have no proof, just conjecture. I, for one, won't be spending my time and effort attempting to dig up dirt on the GOP candidates.

The fact that none of us is without sin doesn't mean that we have to condone unrepentant sin in one who is seeking to be the President of the United States.  In fact, character is something we should be looking for in a leader.  Using Jack Kennedy and Bill Clinton as examples of why it doesn't matter doesn't help your cause much.

It's also not a matter of 'mudslinging.'  Donald Trump has bragged overtly about his serial adultery, and has openly called women vulgar names and demeaned women, even in recent days.

Finding out who a candidate is is not even close to being 'despicable.'   It's being smart, and caring about virtue.

A-Lert

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2016, 08:49:56 pm »
The fact that none of us is without sin doesn't mean that we have to condone unrepentant sin in one who is seeking to be the President of the United States.  In fact, character is something we should be looking for in a leader.  Using Jack Kennedy and Bill Clinton as examples of why it doesn't matter doesn't help your cause much.

It's also not a matter of 'mudslinging.'  Donald Trump has bragged overtly about his serial adultery, and has openly called women vulgar names and demeaned women, even in recent days.

Finding out who a candidate is is not even close to being 'despicable.'   It's being smart, and caring about virtue.

Now you are assuming that Trump is unrepentant? Did he express that somewhere? How many times do I have to post that I do not approve of or condone infidelity or divorce. Yet I voted for Ronald Reagan the only POTUS divorced. So I guess that makes me a hypocrite.

The philandering US Presidents were only an example used to show they were electable. Take it or leave it.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/2015/08/07/what-has-donald-trump-really-said-about-women/fI2Er9DLsOwMitPV6oYZrL/story.html

To be fair, Trump has less-than-flattering opinions on many men, including Mark Cuban, Dick Cheney, and Jon Stewart, among others.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2016, 08:53:08 pm »
Now you are assuming that Trump is unrepentant? Did he express that somewhere? How many times do I have to post that I do not approve of or condone infidelity or divorce. Yet I voted for Ronald Reagan the only POTUS divorced. So I guess that makes me a hypocrite.

The philandering US Presidents were only an example used to show they were electable. Take it or leave it.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/2015/08/07/what-has-donald-trump-really-said-about-women/fI2Er9DLsOwMitPV6oYZrL/story.html

To be fair, Trump has less-than-flattering opinions on many men, including Mark Cuban, Dick Cheney, and Jon Stewart, among others.

And once again, I never said that you condoned anything, including Trump's misogyny and philandering.  In fact, you have made it clear that you don't.

It's just not a big enough issue for you to stop your support for him.

For many of us, it is.  It's a choice that both of us have made.  And we're both free to make that choice, are we not?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2016, 09:00:59 pm »

Trump has never asked God for forgiveness:

http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/18/trump-ive-never-asked-god-for-forgiveness-for-anything-video/
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2016, 09:07:20 pm »
American citizens are economically hurting, fear the winds blowing from the Middle East, and want to end the inbred corruption of the political class. Americans want a new leader, a leader for these times---a leader from outside the bubble of Washington, DC with the kind of acumen and global experience to lead this nation away from the abyss.    Yet with a sprinkle of conservative fairy dust---sanctimony, judgment and hubris---their concerns are flicked off like lint from a lapel.

What the most vocal conservatives promote actually leaves a sizable majority of American citizens preferring to spit on a conservative than vote for one.     

I do not want to change what you believe.  I am asking you to tone it down---leave some of it at home.

We need to fight a political fight---not a religious one.    Give us a damn chance to win.  Please.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 09:12:31 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2016, 09:07:38 pm »

For all to many people, Donald Trump is God.  **nononono*

Offline musiclady

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2016, 09:08:00 pm »
Now you are assuming that Trump is unrepentant? Did he express that somewhere? How many times do I have to post that  I do not approve of or condone infidelity or divorce. Yet I voted for Ronald Reagan the only POTUS divorced. So I guess that makes me a hypocrite.

Oh.......... just realized that I missed that part where you said I was "assuming" that Trump is unrepentant.

No assumption.  He's said so himself.  He's never asked God for forgiveness because he's really good.

Sorry, but that's "unrepentant," no matter how you define it.  No assumption there at all.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 09:08:40 pm by musiclady »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2016, 09:14:46 pm »
Give us a damn chance to win.  Please.

If we want a damn chance to win, we won't nominate Trump.   If we can get past that hurdle,  we conservatives have a unique opportunity to gain both the White House and retain the Congress, because the Democratic nominee is likely to be weak.

But we throw that chance away if we nominate Trump.  Trump is unacceptable to many of us, because he is both amoral and unprincipled, and is personally unstable and dangerous.  You'll get nowhere trying to convince us to deny what we see with our own eyes.  It's not too late to reject Trump and unite the clans.   

A-Lert

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2016, 09:18:36 pm »
For all to many people, Donald Trump is God.  **nononono*

For all too many others, Trump is Satan. Why is that?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2016, 09:19:38 pm »
Just want to point out that wanting character in a leader is not a "religious" issue.

Assuming that the people who want character in a candidate are insisting on a "religious leader" or "pastor" is missing the point.

Our system of government requires INTEGRITY in its leaders, or it fails.

That's the very reason we're failing right now.  Electing Trump is inviting more of the same............ no.......... worse......
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 09:24:17 pm by musiclady »

A-Lert

« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2016, 09:20:30 pm »
If we want a damn chance to win, we won't nominate Trump.   If we can get past that hurdle,  we conservatives have a unique opportunity to gain both the White House and retain the Congress, because the Democratic nominee is likely to be weak.

But we throw that chance away if we nominate Trump.  Trump is unacceptable to many of us, because he is both amoral and unprincipled, and is personally unstable and dangerous.  You'll get nowhere trying to convince us to deny what we see with our own eyes.  It's not too late to reject Trump and unite the clans.

We? Are you in some sort of exclusive club?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2016, 09:20:44 pm »
For all too many others, Trump is Satan. Why is that?

I don't know a single person who thinks that.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2016, 09:21:31 pm »

It's hardly an exclusive club - #NeverTrump.  There are millions of us.   

Offline musiclady

« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2016, 09:22:21 pm »

You've turned on the posters and are now ignoring the issue of the thread.

A-Lert

« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2016, 09:28:52 pm »
Trump has never asked God for forgiveness:

http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/18/trump-ive-never-asked-god-for-forgiveness-for-anything-video/

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/01/17/trump-i-dont-like-to-have-to-ask-for-forgiveness-from-god/

Partial transcript as follows:

TAPPER: Well, let me ask you because one of the potential attack lines has to do with an answer you gave to Frank Luntz months ago when you said that you’ve never asked God for forgiveness.

Do you regret making that remark?

TRUMP: No, I have great relationship with God. I have great relationship with the evangelicals. In fact nationwide, I’m up by a lot — leading everybody. But I like to be good. I don’t like to have to ask for forgiveness. And I am good. I don’t do a lot of things that are bad. I try and do nothing that’s bad. I live a very different life than probably a lot of people would think. And I have a very —