Author Topic: Chris Christie Endorses Donald Trump  (Read 7369 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Chris Christie Endorses Donald Trump
« on: February 26, 2016, 05:59:38 pm »
Well that will secure the Conservative vote.

Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey endorsed Donald J. Trump on Friday, a major turn in a wild race and one that gives the New York businessman a major boost as he heads into the pivotal Super Tuesday contests.

Mr. Christie was a candidate himself until he came in sixth place in New Hampshire’s primary. Seeing his political career facing an abrupt conclusion at the end of a second term as governor following his faded presidential campaign, he was said to be is deeply angry with Senator Marco Rubio, according to three people with direct knowledge of his thinking. He blames Mr. Rubio’s “super PAC” for halting his momentum in New Hampshire in December with a string of slash-and-burn ads.....

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/02/26/chris-christie-endorses-donald-trump/

HAPPY2BME

Re: Chris Christie Endorses Donald Trump
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 06:02:22 pm »
Not surprised at all.

You will see more of this.

And sooner than later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUaB_2tBpig
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 06:04:37 pm by HAPPY2BME »

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 06:02:27 pm »
Chris Christie endorses Donald Trump

(CNN)New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie offered a surprise endorsement to Donald Trump, saying there is no one better prepared to lead the country in the Republican 2016 race.

"I am proud to be here to endorse Donald Trump for president of the United States," the New Jersey Republican told reporters at a press conference in Texas.

"The best person to beat Hillary Clinton on that state last night is undoubtedly Donald Trump," Christie added.

Trump and Christie appeared on stage together the day after a rough debate performance where the real estate mogul faced off against Sens. Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz.

"Generally speaking I'm not big on endorsements," Trump said, adding, "This was an endorsement that really meant a lot."

Christie, in the waning days of his own presidential campaign, had specifically targeted Rubio as not qualified for the office.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 06:06:00 pm »
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 06:08:24 pm by HAPPY2BME »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 06:06:08 pm »
LOL!

And the hits just keep comin'!       
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 06:06:26 pm »
They're just alike.

Two Northeastern Yankee blowhards.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2016, 06:07:09 pm »
He's no doubt looking at the second chair, but Trump will should be looking for another part of the Country for that selection.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2016, 06:09:03 pm »
Chris Christie: Donald Trump Acting Like A Teenager In Fox News Debate Fight

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/01/28/chris-christie-trump-acting-like-a-teenager-in-debate-fight-not-a-leader/

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is raising new questions about Donald Trump’s leadership – after the billionaire decided to skip tonight’s Fox News debate.

Speaking to voters last night, Christie accused Trump of acting like a teenager instead of a leader who was ready for the White House.

Christie argued that Trump’s fight with Fox News symbolized what kind of president he would be.

“What’s that tell you about what we can expect if things go sideways when you go into the Oval Office? What are you going to do? Go upstairs to the residence and say I’m not playing?” he asked. “You know, Vladimir Putin isn’t being nice to me, I’m not going to return his call? The press isn’t being nice to me, I’m not going to hold any more press conferences?”

By quitting the debate, Christie said, Trump was acting like a “thirteen-year-old” and quoted his mother who always reminded him that “life wasn’t fair.”

“The kind of person you want to vote for, the kind of person you want in the Oval Office, and the kind of person you want to stand on the stage next September against Hillary Rodham Clinton is not a person that when one thing goes sideways, when one things seems not fair, they’re just going to walk away and take their marbles and go away,” he warned.

In an interview with Sean Hannity last night, Christie said that Trump was acting thin-skinned in his battle with Fox News.

“Why is he picking on Megyn Kelly? I don’t understand – why’s he picking on Fox News? I don’t understand that. It makes no sense. This guy’s got more coverage on this network by a multiple of five or six than any of the rest of us and he says he is being treated unfairly?” he asked. “That’s a really thin skin, Sean.”

Christie reminded Fox News viewers that Trump had been given unprecedented access to the cable news network.

“He phones in to every darn show. None of the rest of us do that. He sits in his jammies in Trump Tower and phones in,” he said. “You guys don’t let any of the rest of us do that.”

The New Jersey governor has been critical of Trump since the debate circus started.

“I think Donald Trump is making a big mistake,” Christie said in an interview on Boston Herald Radio. “I am glad he is not coming from my perspective, it’s more time for the rest of us on the stage.”

When asked by Hannity if he was trying to pick a fight with Trump, Christie denied it.

“I’m not picking on him. It’s the truth,” he said. “If you don’t like the debate moderators, stand up and fight. You don’t like the networks, stand up and fight, show up and fight.”

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2016, 06:10:04 pm »
He's no doubt looking at the second chair, but Trump will should be looking for another part of the Country for that selection.

Rush hinting at the same thing, if not VP maybe attorney general. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2016, 06:16:46 pm »
South and West, where people have been moving over the Post WWII era.

Where innovation has moved. Where Reagan came from, and went back to.

I suppose Rubio and Cruz would fit for South, and get bonus points for Hispanic.

Let the healing begin.

Sandoval, Martinez, others as well should be looked at. But I hesitate even mentioning names, since the purity checklist makers spring into action to find all of the imperfections. They are so adept at the small picture, and so blind to the big picture.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2016, 06:17:13 pm »

I'm thinking White House chef.

Online libertybele

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2016, 06:22:11 pm »
I'm thinking White House chef.

:beer:  Folks. I don't think it could get much worse; Trump/Christie.  God help us!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2016, 06:28:50 pm »
Actually he might make a good AG. He certainly is tough enough for the job and has the background. A Republican AG is always one of the targets the Leftists go after hard.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2016, 06:29:41 pm »
They are so adept at the small picture, and so blind to the big picture.

==============================

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2016, 06:30:42 pm »
This one of the things people forget. Once a campaign starts winning there is always a bandwagon effect. Looking at the current polling, and this move by Cristie, and you get the sense that is starting to kick in.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2016, 06:31:50 pm »
You mean like clinging to dogmas of ideological purity in face of the will of the voters? That sort of "big" thinking?

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2016, 06:35:53 pm »

....or special assistant in charge of traffic cones.    :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online libertybele

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2016, 06:37:46 pm »

....or special assistant in charge of traffic cones.    :shrug:

....or bridge toll tender!    :silly:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2016, 06:38:00 pm »
South and West, where people have been moving over the Post WWII era.

Where innovation has moved. Where Reagan came from, and went back to.

I suppose Rubio and Cruz would fit for South, and get bonus points for Hispanic.

Let the healing begin.

Sandoval, Martinez, others as well should be looked at. But I hesitate even mentioning names, since the purity checklist makers spring into action to find all of the imperfections. They are so adept at the small picture, and so blind to the big picture.

I doubt Rubio or Cruz since Trump doesn't believe they are eligible and as he's said, he doesn't forget.  Like you, I hesitate to advance a name now, as this whole election has been insane.  But if he were to ask...Martinez addresses several of his shortcomings.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2016, 06:49:49 pm »
LOL!

And the hits just keep comin'!     

This just got FUN!!!!!   :0012:

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 06:55:31 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2016, 07:00:54 pm »
You mean like clinging to dogmas of ideological purity in face of the will of the voters? That sort of "big" thinking?

The "will of the voters" is fickle.  Political relativism is as dangerous as moral relativism.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline flowers

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2016, 07:18:25 pm »
I liked Christie in the debates. Funny White House Chef! 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2016, 07:25:51 pm »
I doubt Rubio or Cruz since Trump doesn't believe they are eligible and as he's said, he doesn't forget.  Like you, I hesitate to advance a name now, as this whole election has been insane.  But if he were to ask...Martinez addresses several of his shortcomings.
I have thought of her for a long time, but she had a flap involving liquor at a party in a hotel room incident.

Apparently hotel security approached the group, and the Gov. gave them sort of a "don't you know  I am the Governor?" shot.

When I was a kid, New York was the population leader followed I believe by Illinois. Today the rank is California, Texas, Florida.

Sometimes I feel like shouting "hey, we are still here. Inventing your computers, smartphones, programming languages, shipping your Chinese goods through our ports, with huge population numbers."

Yet in this election we do not exist. Maybe we will rate a VP. 

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2016, 07:29:06 pm »