Author Topic: Chris Christie Endorses Donald Trump  (Read 7368 times)

Online Lando Lincoln

Re: Chris Christie Endorses Donald Trump
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2016, 07:29:50 pm »
Of course. Candy, Sandy and Christie formed a trifecta to tank any shot Romney had. Now this, at this moment.

Of course.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2016, 07:33:15 pm »
I have thought of her for a long time, but she had a flap involving liquor at a party in a hotel room incident.

Apparently hotel security approached the group, and the Gov. gave them sort of a "don't you know  I am the Governor?" shot.

When I was a kid, New York was the population leader followed I believe by Illinois. Today the rank is California, Texas, Florida.

Sometimes I feel like shouting "hey, we are still here. Inventing your computers, smartphones, programming languages, shipping your Chinese goods through our ports, with huge population numbers."

Yet in this election we do not exist. Maybe we will rate a VP.

I do remember that Martinez flap.  You gotta admit, California's probably not in the running for a VP.  Even if he selected Governor Moonbeam, the Republicans wouldn't take California. 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2016, 07:43:16 pm »
From Twitter: Trump/Christie: The ticket Planned Parenthood can endorse.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2016, 07:50:56 pm »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2016, 07:51:48 pm »

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2016, 08:04:10 pm »
Anything funnier than Christie proclaiming that trumper keeps his word????????? Really, he said that!!!!!

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2016, 08:08:57 pm »
Anything funnier than Christie proclaiming that trumper keeps his word????????? Really, he said that!!!!!

Your kidding me.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2016, 08:23:12 pm »
:beer:  Folks. I don't think it could get much worse; Trump/Christie.  God help us!

Much worse?  Hmmmmm.......Clinton/Castro? 

I think Christie might be on a short list for Attorney General rather than VP anyway - he doesn't enhance the ticket that much as VP. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2016, 08:29:31 pm »

I think Christie might be on a short list for Attorney General rather than VP anyway - he doesn't enhance the ticket that much as VP.

Which he will never be..

Online libertybele

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2016, 08:41:15 pm »

Gee thanks Alice.  I was just looking at the GOP side ... the DEM side is even worse!   8888crybaby

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

HonestJohn

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2016, 09:08:57 pm »
It'll be interesting to see if Trump now invests heavily in Altantic City and other parts od New Jersey.

HonestJohn

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2016, 09:13:29 pm »
You mean like clinging to dogmas of ideological purity in face of the will of the voters? That sort of "big" thinking?

Like the 'expel all the illegals' dogma on immigration when the majority of all Americans reject it?

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2016, 10:23:07 pm »

That's rich coming from the man who did more than his fair share to abet the Republican
shift toward big government conservatism, the shift that made possible the advent of
His Excellency Al-Hashish Field Marshmallow Dr. Barack Obama Dada, COD, RIP, LSMFT,
Would-Be Life President of the Republic Formerly Known as the United States, in the
first place.

Gingrich is almost universally associated with opposition to big government. But that
was not actually the case. Gingrich rhetorically criticised big government. And it served his
enemies in the Clinton administration to portray Gingrich as slashing government programs.
The Gingrich-inspired "Contract with America" was generally seen as a call for smaller govern-
ment although it did not actually call for cutting a single government program. (The closest
it came was a call for zero-baseline budgeting.)

Actually, Gingrich opposed bureaucratic government---inefficient government---not big
government per se. As Gingrich said in 1994, "government plays a huge role" in society and
"anybody who believes in the American Constitution ought to believe in a fairly strong
government." He went on to say that he has "no particular beef with big government." Or,
as he has said more recently, if the bureaucracies can be reformed and made more
efficient, "the country could get excited about the opportunity to make government
work."

That is not to say that Gingrich and his followers would not like to see a smaller govern-
ment. Many changes they support would indeed reduce government bureaucracies. But
in the end, Gingrichism means "recognising that even a relatively small federal or state
government will be much bigger than anything the Founding Fathers could have dreamed
of" . . .

Make government institutions "efficient" and all else will fall into place. "As a country we
can give people better lives through better solutions by bringing government into
conformity with the enterpreneurial systems they are experiencing in the private sector."
The issue is not how big government is or how much it spends; it is whether we have
"the systems architecture that would spend it intelligently." Traditional conservatives
want the government simply to do less. But Gingrich and his fellow technophiles
believe that the right systems architecture will enable the government to provide "greater
goods and services at lower and lower costs."

This attitude gave Gingrich conservatism its appearance of optimism. Rather than being
against big government, Gingrich could be for reform. "We need to move from a 'no,
because' to a 'yes, if' approach to government policy." Former representative Vin Weber,
one of Gingrich's followers, has also sounded the call for reforming government, rather
than cutting it:

Conservatives have to do better than simply bash government. We
have to lead the way toward reform of government. We need to look at the whole
government and think about how to empower the consumers of government
benefits, rather the bureaucracy. Conservatives who simply look to abolish
agencies are going to be disappointed, but conservative reformers still have an
open field.

Thus one could say of Gingrich's conservatism, "while this view did indeed see the
federal government as the source of many of the nation's troubles, it did not hold
that the problem was federal power as such. Change those wielding federal power,
and the power could be harnessed to the ends of conservative reform". . .

Gingrich once called for abolishing the Department of Education, but he has since
become an enthusiastic supporter of federal government involvement in education. He
endorsed President Clinton's plan for the federal government to finance 100,000 new
teachers and called for the government to provide Internet access to all Americans
and computers to every four-year-old. He has proposed paying students for taking
difficult math and science courses.

Energy policy is another area where Gingrich . . . support(s) massive government inter-
vention. Gingrich strongly supports the Bush administration's investment in trying to
build hydrogen-powered vehicles. But that's only the start. He would support a host
of public-private partnerships, investments in alternative fuels, and conservation
measures. Almost anything goes, as long as it involves new technology . . .

(F)ar from leading conservatism back to the philosophy of Reagan and Goldwater,
Gingrich's ideas for a technocratic, efficient, and bigger federal government have
helped drive it toward the big-government conservatism that drives it today.

---From Michael Tanner, in Leviathan on the Right: How Big Government Conservatism
Brought Down the Republican Revolution
(Washington: Cato Institute, 2007.)

Mr. Tanner cited, among other documents, Gingrich's own foreward to Alvin and Heidi
Toffler's Creating a New Civilisation: The Politics of the Third Wave (Gingrich
himself was so influenced by The Third Wave* he made it mandatory reading
for new Republican Congressmen while he was Speaker of the House); two Gingrich
essays published in The Wall Street Journal in 2001; a feature on Gingrich in
Washington Technology's January 1995 issue; a Gingrich speech to the
American Association for the Advancement of Science in 2000; Tod Lindberg's analysis "Gin-
grich Lost and Found" in Policy Review (the April-May 1999 issue); and, Gingrich's
speech to the American Enterprise Institute in February 2005.

(*---In case you were wondering, in The Third Wave Alvin Toffler said the Constitution
"is increasingly obsolete, and hence increasingly, if inadvertently, oppressive and danger-
ous to our welfare" and, thus, ought to "die and be replaced." That from the book Gingrich
once called "the seminal work of our time," the book he made mandatory reading for newly-
elected Republicans during his Speakership.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2016, 10:25:30 pm »
Happy wrote:
"Not surprised at all.
You will see more of this.
And sooner than later."

Kinda like these:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2016, 10:26:12 pm »
In the midst of all this news, we almost missed the birth of Trump's fifth wife.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Wingnut

« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2016, 10:36:38 pm »
In the midst of all this news, we almost missed the birth of Trump's fifth wife.

What country was this one born in?

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2016, 10:38:46 pm »
What country was this one born in?

Freedonia.

Which reminds me, I think I've found the nomination acceptance speech The Donald's going to make:

"These are the laws of my administration . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Wingnut

« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2016, 10:51:11 pm »
Freedonia.

Which reminds me, I think I've found the nomination acceptance speech The Donald's going to make:

:silly:

I miss Groucho. 

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2016, 11:58:31 pm »
http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/02/chris-christie-endorsement-donald-trump-shouldnt-be-president-219864

8 times Chris Christie suggested Donald Trump shouldn't be president

By Nolan D. McCaskill

02/26/16 01:55 PM EST

Updated 02/26/16 03:50 PM EST

Donald Trump teased a “big announcement” in Texas on Friday, and hours later out came New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie announcing his endorsement of the Republican front-runner.

Before the former presidential candidate dropped out earlier this month, he took quite a few swipes at the billionaire businessman he now says is “the best choice” to back.

Here are eight of Christie’s biggest knocks, slams and putdowns:

1. Whiner-and-moaner-in-chief? — January 2016
Trump refused to participate in a Fox News debate after the network mocked the billionaire with a news release. At the time, Christie’s observation to Trump was, “Things don’t always go your way.”

“I got sent down to the undercard debate by Fox News,” he told Sean Hannity. “I didn’t think it was fair. But I didn't whine and moan and complain and walk away. I went to the debate. I argued my points.”

Christie also complained about the media coverage of Trump, who frequently phones into interviews while other candidates appear in person.

“He sits in his jammies in Trump Tower and phones in. You guys don't let any of the rest of us do that," Christie said.

2. Acting like a teenager — January 2016
Christie slammed Trump for acting like a “13-year-old” when he threatened to boycott the Fox News debate, questioning his temperament to be president.

“What’s that tell you about what we can expect if things go sideways when you go into the Oval Office? What are you going to do? Go upstairs to the residence and say 'I’m not playing'?” he said. “You know, 'Vladimir Putin isn’t being nice to me, I’m not going to return his call'? 'The press isn’t being nice to me, I’m not going to hold any more press conferences'?”

3. We don’t need reality TV in the Oval Office — December 2015
Ahead of the Feb. 1 Iowa caucuses, Christie expressed a clear message to caucus-goers: The former “Celebrity Apprentice” host doesn’t belong in the White House.

“We do not need reality TV in the Oval Office right now,” he said. “President of the United States is not a place for an entertainer.”

4. No competition — December 2015
Trump questioned how Christie could run “deeply troubled” New Jersey when he was spending so much time campaigning in New Hampshire. “New Jerseyans not happy!” Trump claimed in a tweet.

But Christie shot back, dismissing Trump as someone with whom he was not in competition. “Listen, I think you’ve got a group of folks like Jeb Bush and John Kasich and Marco Rubio who are the people that I’m really competing with in New Hampshire,” Christie told conservative radio host Laura Ingraham. “I don’t feel, at the moment, directly in competition with Donald Trump on these things. I feel much more in competition with Jeb Bush and John Kasich and, to some extent, also Marco Rubio.”

5. Trump is inexperienced — December 2015
After Trump’s infamous and controversial proposal to bar Muslims from entering the U.S., Christie cited that as an example of the businessman’s inexperience — something he said this country doesn’t need.

“The fact is we don't need to be profiling in order to be able to get the job done here,” Christie told CBS’ “Face the Nation.” “What you need is a president who's had the experience and the know-how to do this and not someone who's just going to talk off the top of their head.”

6. Trump has to decide whether he’s serious — September 2015
A supporter suggested during a Trump rally that Muslims were a problem and that President Barack Obama was a Muslim. Trump engaged him but didn’t correct him. Christie said he would have.

“Listen, Donald Trump’s got to decide, as we’ve seen — I’ve said this all along — he’s got to decide how serious a candidate he wants to be, and how he handles different problems like this are going to determine that in the eyes of the American people,” he said on NBC’s “Today.”

7. Trump’s a great guy but isn’t suited to be president — August 2015
Last summer, Christie praised The Donald but questioned whether he should be president. He’s “a great guy and a good person,” Christie said, “but I just don’t think that he’s suited to be president of the United States.”

Speaking on Fox News’ “On the Record with Greta Van Susteren,” Christie added that he didn’t believe Trump’s “temperament is suited for that, and I don’t think his experience is.”

8. Beware of Trump — July 2015
Christie warned New Hampshire voters to be wary of any presidential candidate who says he will build a wall across the southern border, as Trump did when he announced his candidacy.

“It’s not going to happen. It’s the wrong message to send, and it’s not going to be effective,” he said during a town hall. “Always beware of the candidate for public office who has the quick and easy answer to a complicated problem.”

Christie argued that Americans shouldn’t kid themselves into believing building a wall is the solution to the nation’s immigration issue. “There may be certain spots where it makes sense to build a wall or build a fence, but not the whole thing,” he said.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2016, 12:00:49 am »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2016, 12:08:08 am »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Wingnut

« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2016, 12:12:48 am »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 12:13:59 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2016, 12:36:45 am »
I use the term "contemporary conservatives" but Why ??

In order to contrast the maturity and seriousness of days past (Reagan) versus the silliness and immaturity of many who label themselves "conservatives" but act like children a lot times with things like photos of Gingrich and Pelosi on a sofa.

Showing Reagan and O'Neil is my absolute proof that what once made conservatism great, is long gone in part because of the people.

Before you shoot some smart a** remark back at me, know full well it would only reinforce my point.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln