Author Topic: Trump Won't do Debate  (Read 16673 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Trump Won't do Debate
« Reply #100 on: January 27, 2016, 03:33:48 am »
Absolutely! If Trump is truly a series candidate he simply can't refuse Cruz's challenge.

Oh, come on, Bigun!  A debate challenge is always the last refuge of the candidate losing momentum and the polls.     :facepalm2:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #101 on: January 27, 2016, 03:35:26 am »
I doubt that. I have never believed Trump wants to be president and his exit strategy is beginning to play out.

I will be curious to see if your theory plays out.

Perhaps his little "I can do anything I want because I'm the DONALD" game is coming to a close.

And perhaps we can get one of our serious candidates nominated so that this nation has at least a modicum of a chance to survive.

Because it's certainly not going to survive with the Donald in the White House......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #102 on: January 27, 2016, 03:35:39 am »
Oh, come on, Bigun!  A debate challenge is always the last refuge of the candidate losing momentum and the polls.     :facepalm2:

====================

Cruz challenges Trump to one-on-one debate

« Reply #103 on: January 27, 2016, 03:35:40 am »
Cruz is making a great argument about Trump being not afraid of Fox News, but afraid to answer questions for Iowa voters. "I think it is remarkable that Donald Trump thinks so little of the men and women of Iowa."

Way too go, Ted!

I guess you missed Trump's two rallies and one Q&A in Iowa today.  Please, do some research before you bet the farm.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #104 on: January 27, 2016, 03:35:56 am »
It's like that guy that called into Rush today that said, "... I think it is absolutely funny that we finally got a third-party candidate and he's running within the Republican Party."

888bravo

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #105 on: January 27, 2016, 03:36:23 am »
You may be right.

I hope he is.

America may make it if Trump bows out.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

« Reply #106 on: January 27, 2016, 03:37:01 am »
It's like that guy that called into Rush today that said, "... I think it is absolutely funny that we finally got a third-party candidate and he's running within the Republican Party."

888bravo

:thumbsup2:

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #107 on: January 27, 2016, 03:39:24 am »
I will be curious to see if your theory plays out.

Perhaps his little "I can do anything I want because I'm the DONALD" game is coming to a close.

And perhaps we can get one of our serious candidates nominated so that this nation has at least a modicum of a chance to survive.

Because it's certainly not going to survive with the Donald in the White House......

==========================

What you are SAYING here is that 'we' cannot get 'one of our' candidates nominated because DONALD TRUMP is running against them.

What you not SEEING here is that none of 'your' candidates can win this election.

The reason for that is that none of 'your' candidates is able to carry both the Republican vote AND the swing vote, which is 100% mandatory to win it.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #108 on: January 27, 2016, 03:40:41 am »
Funny, we've all complained in the past when Romney is way-laid by Candy Crowley and gotcha questions abound for our Republican candidates with unfriendly and biased moderators.  We've all questioned why we let them do it.  The National Review has already been taken out because of their bias - why not Megyn? 

Or was Candy just being "mean" to Mitt?

What debate did not have gotcha questions or biased moderators?  And we complained. Candidates complained.  But I don't remember any of them pouting about it and running away. Until now.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #109 on: January 27, 2016, 03:42:49 am »

You just know that Ted had some real zingers he was going to toss out to Donald on that stage Thursday night.  All that prep for nothing. 

Besides, Trump WILL be answering questions from Iowans - in Iowa, while he's helping Wounded Warriors and addressing veteran's issues.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #110 on: January 27, 2016, 03:44:59 am »

What you are SAYING here is that 'we' cannot get 'one of our' candidates nominated because DONALD TRUMP is running against them.

What you not SEEING here is that none of 'your' candidates can win this election.

The reason for that is that none of 'your' candidates is able to carry both the Republican vote AND the swing vote, which is 100% mandatory to win it.

That's not what I'm saying. Not at all.  I think Trump was talked in to getting in this by Bill Clintoon for the sole purpose of taking out some serious but underfunded people that Hillary truly feared and it worked to perfection. Now the exit strategy begins to unfold.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #111 on: January 27, 2016, 03:46:46 am »
You just know that Ted had some real zingers he was going to toss out to Donald on that stage Thursday night.  All that prep for nothing. 

Besides, Trump WILL be answering questions from Iowans - in Iowa, while he's helping Wounded Warriors and addressing veteran's issues. 

Agree.

Plus, with Trump off the stage, Cruz has to answer both Rubio and Paul without distraction.  Cruz cannot be a happy camper tonight.

Offline Carling

« Reply #112 on: January 27, 2016, 03:51:01 am »
I guess you missed Trump's two rallies and one Q&A in Iowa today.  Please, do some research before you bet the farm.

What does that have to do with Trump skipping out on a national debate in Iowa, and Cruz calling him out on it.

Sure, Trump had some rallies with friendly crowds today, as did every other serious candidate.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Carling

« Reply #113 on: January 27, 2016, 03:52:04 am »

Cruz should bring an empty chair on the stage when he brings up Trump. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

« Reply #114 on: January 27, 2016, 03:54:58 am »
What does that have to do with Trump skipping out on a national debate in Iowa

The three events Trump held in Iowa ---just today--- have everything to do with your false assertion that by not joining the debate circus Trump does not care about the men and women of Iowa.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 04:08:42 am by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #115 on: January 27, 2016, 03:56:18 am »

Or he could just bring Beck.   ^-^

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #116 on: January 27, 2016, 03:58:15 am »
Or he could just bring Beck.   ^-^

Because Beck is like Trump how?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #117 on: January 27, 2016, 04:02:20 am »

Ah, but Cruz knows that Donald Trump is about to withdraw from the race.

All this media attention, high polls, and thousands of people at stadium rallies is getting to him. It's giving him a success migraine.

« Reply #118 on: January 27, 2016, 04:03:33 am »
Ah, but Cruz knows that Donald Trump is about to quitting the race.

All this media attention, high polls, and thousands of people at stadium rallies is getting to him. It's giving him a success migraine.

LOL!   888sunglass

Offline aligncare

« Reply #119 on: January 27, 2016, 04:06:32 am »

It's odd to see people being so angry at Trump for being the kind of candidate with such broad appeal that Republicans say they've been looking for.

I got a scratch my head over that.

« Reply #120 on: January 27, 2016, 04:09:32 am »
Because Beck is like Trump how?

No.  Because Beck, the great supporter of Ted Cruz is just like an empty chair.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #121 on: January 27, 2016, 04:10:24 am »
It's odd to see people being so angry at McCain Romney Trump for being the kind of candidate with such broad appeal that Republicans say they've been looking for.

There.  Fixed it.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #122 on: January 27, 2016, 04:11:49 am »
David Marcus ‏@BlueBoxDave 2h2 hours ago

A GOP debate without Trump is like a Star Wars prequel without Jar Jar Binks.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #123 on: January 27, 2016, 04:12:39 am »
There.  Fixed it.

Good one, Vic. But you know as well as I do Romney or McCain is no Donald Trump. Can I get an amen!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #124 on: January 27, 2016, 04:14:27 am »

Maybe Darrell Hammond could fill in for Trump.