Author Topic: Trump Won't do Debate  (Read 17028 times)

Offline EdinVA

Re: Trump Won't do Debate
« Reply #175 on: January 27, 2016, 03:40:06 pm »
Sorry, Ed, but in spite of your attempt to elevate this, Trump is refusing to go to the debate because he said Megyn Kelly isn't "FAIR."

That's not courage by ANY definition.

In fact, it's at the extreme opposite end of the spectrum.

And going along to get along and doing what the media tells you is your definition of courage?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #176 on: January 27, 2016, 03:41:51 pm »
And going along to get along and doing what the media tells you is your definition of courage?

Two different issues.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #177 on: January 27, 2016, 03:42:51 pm »
Two different issues.

Two different issues?
Please splain it to me Lucy... :)

Offline musiclady

« Reply #178 on: January 27, 2016, 03:44:07 pm »

If that had anything to do with Trump's decision, I might agree with you, but he stated his reason.

Megyn Kelly isn't "FAIR" and Trump doesn't "LIKE" her.

There is nothing admirable about this move at all.

(And if you really think Trump has problems with the media, I've got waterfront property in Arizona for you.  He's using the media, he supports the media, he LOVES the media because all they care about now is him).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #179 on: January 27, 2016, 03:44:33 pm »
Two different issues.

Very much different issues.  No correlation whatsoever.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Wingnut

« Reply #180 on: January 27, 2016, 03:46:15 pm »
The one thin you can say bout Trump is he not only threw away the "How to Campaign for Office" play book but he shreaded the hell out of it.   :shrug:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #181 on: January 27, 2016, 03:49:16 pm »
The one thin you can say bout Trump is he not only threw away the "How to Campaign for Office" play book but he shreaded the hell out of it.   :shrug:

One might say that he "Alinsky'd" it.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #182 on: January 27, 2016, 03:54:43 pm »

Seven months of Donald Trump defying political gravity, saying and doing things that would disqualify a lesser candidate. Yet, he makes it work. And now that he's skipping this debate tomorrow because he's clearly afraid of Megyn Kelly, right? Well, now he's finished as a candidate.

Shall we check back on this issue, say around mid February?

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #183 on: January 27, 2016, 03:54:44 pm »

Gabriel Sherman
✔  ‎@gabrielsherman 
Per Trump source: Trump's position now is he is chairman of his company and he will only deal with Murdoch at a chairman-to-chairman level

8:34 PM - 26 Jan 2016

(Sherman is New York Magazine's national affairs editor.)
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #184 on: January 27, 2016, 03:56:31 pm »

Afraid to face the truth? Donald J Trump = Ronald Wilson Reagan.

Good God, you're deluded. 

Wingnut

« Reply #185 on: January 27, 2016, 03:58:09 pm »
Gabriel Sherman
✔  ‎@gabrielsherman 
Per Trump source: Trump's position now is he is chairman of his company and he will only deal with Murdoch at a chairman-to-chairman level

Trump is dialing now:
One ringy dingy... two ringy dingy. Have I reached the party to whom I am speaking?

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #186 on: January 27, 2016, 04:06:18 pm »
He uses the media – plays them like a fiddle.  Same so with his followers,  which he sees as little yellow minions - who will gladly  follow him into Hell, and he knows it. Why else would he make a statement that they would love him even if he shot people down in the street.  In normal circumstances that would  be taken as a huge insult of their intelligence, and they would be outraged.    An insult of his supporters and bigger still an assault on the premise that the President is the Servant of the People,  not the other way around.  I really thought that was the reason the Right was upset with the “GOP establishment”, because they were no longer representing the people, but instead lobbyist, and their own gains.  And the answer to that is Trump?    Dear God, people,  Wake Up before it is too late.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline aligncare

« Reply #187 on: January 27, 2016, 04:12:51 pm »
Good God, you're deluded.

I was being deliberately provocative. My point was Donald Trump is doing what other candidates have done and yet went on to win office despite their no show.

By the way Ronald Reagan was first a Democrat and worked many years on left wing causes, much longer than the few years Donald Trump was registered democrat (for business reasons in New York).

And yet, my guess is you voted for Ronaldus Reagan, who signed the Therapeutic Abortion bill as governor, who granted amnesty to millions of illegals, who worked closely with democrat Tip O'Neill, who raised taxes. Etc. you get the point.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #188 on: January 27, 2016, 04:16:17 pm »
Seven months of Donald Trump defying political gravity, saying and doing things that would disqualify a lesser candidate. Yet, he makes it work. And now that he's skipping this debate tomorrow because he's clearly afraid of Megyn Kelly, right? Well, now he's finished as a candidate.

Shall we check back on this issue, say around mid February?

The funny thing is many think this is about Knee Pad Kelly and TRUMP. Kelly is just a Pawn. You do not become successful in any business without Planning and having the ability to Execute. TRUMP just sat back and waited for the right time, set them up and Executed perfectly. A BRILLANT THING TO WATCH. 6 days to IA and guess who controls the conservation? Hit it is not CRUZ or BUSHIE? :2gunz:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #189 on: January 27, 2016, 04:17:09 pm »
He uses the media – plays them like a fiddle.  Same so with his followers,  which he sees as little yellow minions - who will gladly  follow him into Hell, and he knows it. Why else would he make a statement that they would love him even if he shot people down in the street.  In normal circumstances that would  be taken as a huge insult of their intelligence, and they would be outraged.    An insult of his supporters and bigger still an assault on the premise that the President is the Servant of the People,  not the other way around.  I really thought that was the reason the Right was upset with the “GOP establishment”, because they were no longer representing the people, but instead lobbyist, and their own gains.  And the answer to that is Trump?    Dear God, people,  Wake Up before it is too late.

Apparently his supporters enjoy having their collective intelligence insulted.  And also enjoy the fact that Trump will not even remotely attempt to "represent the people."

They want a bully.  A tough guy.  A lobbyist.

(Who is afraid of girls).

Offline Carling

« Reply #190 on: January 27, 2016, 04:20:25 pm »
I was being deliberately provocative. My point was Donald Trump is doing what other candidates have done and yet went on to win office despite their no show.

By the way Ronald Reagan was first a Democrat and worked many years on left wing causes, much longer than the few years Donald Trump was registered democrat (for business reasons in New York).

And yet, my guess is you voted for Ronaldus Reagan, who signed the Therapeutic Abortion bill as governor, who granted amnesty to millions of illegals, who worked closely with democrat Tip O'Neill, who raised taxes. Etc. you get the point.

Don't forget Reagan was also a vocal opponent of CA's Prop 6 in 1978.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #191 on: January 27, 2016, 04:22:42 pm »
I can no longer add or detract from this conversation except to say the other candidates have an interesting opportunity.  I'd try to make it as a slight to the voter and less about Kelly.  But, that's me.  What the hell do I know?

I just hope for the best.  Divinity inspired this place.  I pray it continues. 

Best to all!
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #192 on: January 27, 2016, 04:28:19 pm »
Apparently his supporters enjoy having their collective intelligence insulted.  And also enjoy the fact that Trump will not even remotely attempt to "represent the people."

They want a bully.  A tough guy.  A lobbyist.

(Who is afraid of girls).

Excellent synopsis! I concur!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #193 on: January 27, 2016, 04:32:38 pm »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #194 on: January 27, 2016, 04:39:36 pm »
I can no longer add or detract from this conversation except to say the other candidates have an interesting opportunity.  I'd try to make it as a slight to the voter and less about Kelly.  But, that's me.  What the hell do I know?

I just hope for the best.  Divinity inspired this place.  I pray it continues. 

Best to all!

:beer:

We all need to pray hard, that is for sure!

God will show the way.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #195 on: January 27, 2016, 04:41:33 pm »
:beer:

We all need to pray hard, that is for sure!

God will show the way.

God will.  We just have to have the honesty and courage to see it.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #196 on: January 27, 2016, 04:41:44 pm »
This is a rather good test, in a rather tough environment (Iowa), of whether or not Trump's very different campaign paradigm (for lack of a better word off the top of my head) actually works in the end result.  Many here, myself included, have applauded him taking the reigns and driving the conversation and driving the interest - seemingly overwhelming all the other candidates in the process.  That itself is a far cry from the mundane, sleepy campaigns - should I say lame? - that Republicans have run literally for decades (with the one notable exception of Newt in 1994).  Instead of forcing people to vote against Democrats, he has at least attempted to take the initiative entirely, literally boxing everyone else out, with bravado.  But to say it is different isn't to say it will actually work in the end.  This is an excellent test of that - if he loses momentum in Iowa then he (and we) knows he needs to back off on the gas pedal, that there are limits to his method and that he can over-reach (unlike what he said earlier this week about 5th avenue).  If he wins Iowa after this, and his margin holds, then that tells something very interesting as well, especially as this is a weaker state for him.  I've maintained that his appeal is not just the result of the last two presidents turning off older people, but that this method is "generational" as well - using tactics and communication techniques that work for the 21st century techno-audience.  This is a damned good test of that.

Get the popcorn!
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #197 on: January 27, 2016, 04:46:18 pm »

Positively Reaganesque, isn't he?  :chairbang:
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline musiclady

« Reply #198 on: January 27, 2016, 04:48:28 pm »
The desperate attempts to compare Trump with Reagan are jaw-dropping....   **nononono*

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #199 on: January 27, 2016, 04:51:37 pm »
Who here says they "hate FOX"?    :shrug:

Don't you know? Hating Fox is one of the standard "true conservative" positions, along with not watching television, not going to movies, several brand boycotts, etc.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln