Author Topic: Ann Coulter: God Raised Up Trump To Save Us From 1,000 Years Of Darkness  (Read 10460 times)

Offline Carling

Re: Ann Coulter: God Raised Up Trump To Save Us From 1,000 Years Of Darkness
« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2016, 11:13:41 pm »
Thank you. I feel like hitting my head against the wall more and more as pop culture trumps (no pun intended) Conservatism. We've complained so long about compromising this and that because of the GOPe but this election, it seems people are compromising almost all their beliefs because they think they are opposing the GOPe. It has become the game, not the principle.

I know I am facing a tidal wave of disagreement, but I don't change what I believe simply because it isn't popular.

Exactly what is notably conservative about Rubio, Bush, or Kasich in their political careers?
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline flowers

« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2016, 11:15:16 pm »
Exactly what is notably conservative about Rubio, Bush, or Kasich in their political careers?
Not a thing.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2016, 11:29:35 pm »

======================================

Have you heard of 'The King of Common Core?'  Well ... that is JEB BUSH.

Have you heard of 'The Gang of Eight?'  Well ... Marco Rubio was the glue that held it together.

Have you ever heard of somebody named Kasich?

Offline flowers

« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2016, 11:53:49 pm »
======================================

Have you ever heard of somebody named Kasich?
Yes and I was surprised to hear yesterday his dad was a mailman.  :silly:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2016, 12:03:29 am »
Thank you. I feel like hitting my head against the wall more and more as pop culture trumps (no pun intended) Conservatism. We've complained so long about compromising this and that because of the GOPe but this election, it seems people are compromising almost all their beliefs because they think they are opposing the GOPe. It has become the game, not the principle.

I know I am facing a tidal wave of disagreement, but I don't change what I believe simply because it isn't popular.

Well, I don't disagree with you, and the two of us can stand alone in standing for principles while the populist fire rages about us.

I, for one, am not going to discard conservative standards no matter how many people scream at me to do so.

On this forum we may be in the minority, but we're not alone in fighting this madness being done in the name of conservatism.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #80 on: January 16, 2016, 12:06:26 am »
Not a thing.

That's not so.  They may not be conservative overall (though Rubio is close), but all three have done conservative things in their careers. (Look at Kasich's congressional record).

On the other hand, Trump is a true "neo-con" who is spouting the line now, but hasn't got a fiber of conservatism in his past.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline flowers

« Reply #81 on: January 16, 2016, 12:12:15 am »
That's not so.  They may not be conservative overall (though Rubio is close), but all three have done conservative things in their careers. (Look at Kasich's congressional record).

On the other hand, Trump is a true "neo-con" who is spouting the line now, but hasn't got a fiber of conservatism in his past.
i used to respect and like Kasich. He, for me has gone to the dark side these last couple of years. He was good at one time.  I mean real good.  Not anymore for me.  You and I will always disagree about Rubio. I see a GOPe in him. Full on GOPe. Don't stop musiclady. I enjoy reading your posts. AbaraXas as well.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #82 on: January 16, 2016, 12:25:57 am »
i used to respect and like Kasich. He, for me has gone to the dark side these last couple of years. He was good at one time.  I mean real good.  Not anymore for me.  You and I will always disagree about Rubio. I see a GOPe in him. Full on GOPe. Don't stop musiclady. I enjoy reading your posts. AbaraXas as well.

The difference that I see is that I am able to separate the parts from the whole and support someone who doesn't mesh with my views 100%.

I don't think that it's accurate to say that someone is not at all conservative when he or she has a record of conservatism in key areas.

I don't know what's happened to Kasich since he started to run for President (it's been weird to watch, and wonder who the heck he is), but I know he does some things right, and that he's been good for Ohio fiscally, jobs wise and many other ways (including ethically).

I wouldn't want him to be President for anything, but I just can't agree that he's on the 'dark side.'

Rubio, as I see it, has made one mega-major mistake, but in listening to him on Hannity today, I thought he dealt with it well.  I'll never agree with him and his involvement in the Gang of Eight, but I can't hate the guy for it.  Obviously, there are those around here who despise him, and if you say anything decent about Rubio at all, start spewing forth venom at you.  (Lots of ad hominems have driven most Rubio supporters out of here).

But if Rubio gets the nomination, I will proudly vote for him in the general election.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2016, 12:41:38 am »

I noticed you left out Cruz, using the old debate technique of putting your opponent in a corner with false, incomplete choices. IE, because Bush sucks, you must support Trump, as if Cruz isn't an alternative choice. 

Offline ABX

« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2016, 12:46:27 am »
The difference that I see is that I am able to separate the parts from the whole and support someone who doesn't mesh with my views 100%.

I don't think that it's accurate to say that someone is not at all conservative when he or she has a record of conservatism in key areas.

I don't know what's happened to Kasich since he started to run for President (it's been weird to watch, and wonder who the heck he is), but I know he does some things right, and that he's been good for Ohio fiscally, jobs wise and many other ways (including ethically).

I wouldn't want him to be President for anything, but I just can't agree that he's on the 'dark side.'

Rubio, as I see it, has made one mega-major mistake, but in listening to him on Hannity today, I thought he dealt with it well.  I'll never agree with him and his involvement in the Gang of Eight, but I can't hate the guy for it.  Obviously, there are those around here who despise him, and if you say anything decent about Rubio at all, start spewing forth venom at you.  (Lots of ad hominems have driven most Rubio supporters out of here).

But if Rubio gets the nomination, I will proudly vote for him in the general election.

Kasich is the one really having me scratch my head. Early in his career, he was a Conservative champion, praised by Limbaugh and the like (even a cover on the Limbaugh letter a long time ago). But he really went downhill quick. It isn't just his support for liberal issues, but he started using their language too like condemning Conservatives as being compassionate for opposing government solutions.

The Kasich of 2007 would have been great. The Kasich of today is turning into one of the worst.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2016, 12:47:23 am »
What the establishment GOP still fails to recognize is that Trump isn't the cause of this, he's the result of the failures of the Republican Party.  I find it funny that the side that calls itself "intelligent" still can't figure it out and instead continue to believe that their message isn't being heard.  It's been heard, digested, and what you see now is the result of it.

It's the GOP  voters' break-up version of "it's not me, it's you."
Failure of the GOP?

Record numbers of GOP governors, state house majorities, the US House and US Senate majorities is a failure?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline ABX

« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2016, 12:52:50 am »
What the establishment GOP still fails to recognize is that Trump isn't the cause of this, he's the result of the failures of the Republican Party.  I find it funny that the side that calls itself "intelligent" still can't figure it out and instead continue to believe that their message isn't being heard.  It's been heard, digested, and what you see now is the result of it.

It's the GOP  voters' break-up version of "it's not me, it's you."

Isn't this the political equivalent of getting a divorce from an unsupportive spouse and jumping right into the arms of a skanky hooker?

Offline Carling

« Reply #87 on: January 16, 2016, 01:04:07 am »
I noticed you left out Cruz, using the old debate technique of putting your opponent in a corner with false, incomplete choices. IE, because Bush sucks, you must support Trump, as if Cruz isn't an alternative choice.

The poster I was responding to has said he supports Kasich along with the other DC establishment candidates.  He made the claim that he supports conservatives.  My question was completely valid given the poster I was responding to in my post.

Offline Carling

« Reply #88 on: January 16, 2016, 01:06:53 am »
Failure of the GOP?

Record numbers of GOP governors, state house majorities, the US House and US Senate majorities is a failure?

The DC GOP has been an abject failure.  My state is Oregon so my focus is on DC.

Offline Carling

« Reply #89 on: January 16, 2016, 01:08:12 am »
Isn't this the political equivalent of getting a divorce from an unsupportive spouse and jumping right into the arms of a skanky hooker?

Well that's one take.  The other is divorcing the abusive spouse and finding out you were living in that toxic bubble for way too long, and enjoying being free from that abuse.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 01:12:32 am by Carling »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #90 on: January 16, 2016, 01:26:34 am »
Well that's one take.  The other is divorcing the abusive spouse and finding out you were living in that toxic bubble for way too long, and enjoying being free from that abuse.

Either Trump or Cruz would be a welcome change from the feckless GOP status quo.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #91 on: January 16, 2016, 01:29:17 am »
Either Trump or Cruz would be a welcome change from the feckless GOP status quo.

:amen:  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #92 on: January 16, 2016, 01:29:23 am »
I hope that after he wins, Trump picks Ann Coulter to serve as his press secretary!  ;)

Offline ABX

« Reply #93 on: January 16, 2016, 01:29:53 am »

Using my analogy, my belief (not speaking for any other), jumping to Trump is like jumping to a skanky hooker after a divorce, jumping to Cruz is like jumping to the old reliable girlfriend that you just now reconnected with.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #94 on: January 16, 2016, 01:36:26 am »

That's  my take on it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #95 on: January 16, 2016, 01:36:39 am »
Using my analogy, my belief (not speaking for any other), jumping to Trump is like jumping to a skanky hooker after a divorce, jumping to Cruz is like jumping to the old reliable girlfriend that you just now reconnected with.

And electing Bush/Rubio/et al is like .... well, I won't say it...

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2016, 01:40:07 am »
Yes and I was surprised to hear yesterday his dad was a mailman.  :silly:

=======================================

OK.  That there is funny.

Not all mailmen get it right.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2016, 01:41:52 am »

=====================================

One is a shrewd and wealthy real estate developer and one is a shrewd lawyer politician.

The choices are great.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2016, 02:06:24 am »
I will. Trump ain't Jesus. He ain't "the last best hope of mankind." He ain't even Luke Skywalker.

Thousand years of darkness, my ass. Either she has a horrendously low opinion of people (she does) or her serial Daddy issues are running her mouth again (they are).

Come on, EC.  As a prolific, gifted writer who used to drink, you surely can empathize with Ms. Coulter's faux pas.   :laugh:

For example, I can see somebody using that analogy to express the importance of this time in our nation's history...a tipping point or sorts.

The Left has reached the point they have successfully banned words, purposely infiltrated Muslim terrorist cells into our country, and one of our two choices is Hillary Clinton?

The Supreme Court is bound to turnover in at least three positions, which can essentially destroy any chance of saving our country as we have known it all our lives.

A Leftist Supreme Court majority is "one hundred years of darkness"....coupled with a Leftist Ruling Class, academia and media.

So yeah....Donald Trump, if not Jesus, surely is Moses leading us out of the desert.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2016, 02:20:16 am »
Must admit that I'm enjoying this.

It's time all of you guys and gals admit you got it wrong on Donald Trump....as to exactly who his voters are.

More and more major celebrities, Hollywood stars and professional athletes or all races have publicly come out for Donald Trump.

What kind of yahoo would get behind such a man?

If you are are young family with kids looking for $200+ to take them to see a baseball, football, hockey or basketball game, that's who.

In fact, I would say the vast majority of fans that attend games are Trump fans.

Nobody has seen crowds like this.  Ever.  E.V.E.R..

Yep...it's time for all of you to look in the mirror and realize what the GOPe has done to you.   

'You're' pissing and moaning about the Trump phenom while naively pushing a "Strong, Principled Conservative", who would be a one-term wonder at best, due to the economic sh*t storm and inflation on the horizon.

The only person alive on the planet that can take us out of this tailspin is the one person who doesn't NEED the job.  He WANTS the job, because he's honestly angry of the direction we've gone.

...thank you for listening.      :laugh:
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 02:21:17 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald