Author Topic: Ann Coulter: God Raised Up Trump To Save Us From 1,000 Years Of Darkness  (Read 10458 times)

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Re: Ann Coulter: God Raised Up Trump To Save Us From 1,000 Years Of Darkness
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2016, 07:31:46 pm »
I really wouldn't be too hard on Trump for his statement about Hillary a dozen years ago. Trump is the one that just slammed her in the face with a cast iron skillet (sorry, the Throw Momma From the Train visual just won't leave my head) and sent her into her current tailspin.  The whispers from the FBI and the parents of the Benghazi dead have pushed it along and steepened her drop...but it was Trump who hammered her with the full Bill Cosby and shut her campaign up...and damned near shut it down.

I suspect that act alone makes up for uttered sins of the past.  We owe him thanks for what no other Republican candidate has had the guts to do in the last 25 years...hit Hillary (and Bill) right between the eyes, and who knows, it might have even been the knockout blow.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2016, 07:33:02 pm »
Trump is the one that just slammed her in the face with a cast iron skillet
You just made my day.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline flowers

« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2016, 07:34:25 pm »
I really wouldn't be too hard on Trump for his statement about Hillary a dozen years ago. Trump is the one that just slammed her in the face with a cast iron skillet (sorry, the Throw Momma From the Train visual just won't leave my head) and sent her into her current tailspin.  The whispers from the FBI and the parents of the Benghazi dead have pushed it along and steepened her drop...but it was Trump who hammered her with the full Bill Cosby and shut her campaign up...and damned near shut it down.

I suspect that act alone makes up for uttered sins of the past.  We owe him thanks for what no other Republican candidate has had the guts to do in the last 25 years...hit Hillary (and Bill) right between the eyes, and who knows, it might have even been the knockout blow.

:beer:

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2016, 07:43:04 pm »

Agreed, on both counts.

I have a hard time believing that so many folks have never been involved in business deals (of any level) and the inherent schmoozing that is required, at times, to close them.  It has been said literally hundreds of time on this forum in the past, but I will say it again.  Doing business in most large US cities, especially the coastal enclaves like NYC, requires a great deal greasing the skids in a whole host of ways.  They range from paying off the freight elevator operators for months at a time so that your crew has ready access up and down (rather than waiting for a couple of hours to get up to the job site), to speaking publicly about the "virtues" of politicians and bureaucrats that can kill your project as easily as just prolonging "approval" for a couple of years.

I think that most folks understand this, but they will stubbornly cling to their righteous complaints because they don't really see much else that works.   :shrug:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2016, 07:52:55 pm »
Sadly, we must expect more of this hateful insulting rhetoric as the election progresses.  We are admonished to back a "principled conservative" by this guy - but who is he supporting now?  Kasich.  Why not Ted Cruz? 

I mean, seriously.

He doesn't participate in any of the threads that are critical of Hillary or Obama - he doesn't participate in anything other than to spout his insulting comments on Trump.  It's Trump 24/7 with him and nothing else.  He acts solely as an instigator - and then when he has whipped strife up to a frenzy - he backs off and claims to be the victim.

Sound familiar?

I'll likely support Kasich or Fiorina in the primary,  but I'll support Cruz in the general.   As for Obama, he's the worst President in my lifetime.  And as for Hillary,  she's the new Nixon.   

If I'd joined the board at a different time, I'd have focused on other issues.  Right now the big issue for me is stopping Trump.  Because if Trump's the nominee,  Hillary's the next President and the Dems take the Senate.

This isn't a game.   Stop supporting a game show host.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Carling

« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2016, 07:54:54 pm »
I'll likely support Kasich or Fiorina in the primary,  but I'll support Cruz in the general.   As for Obama, he's the worst President in my lifetime.  And as for Hillary,  she's the new Nixon.   

If I'd joined the board at a different time, I'd have focused on other issues.  Right now the big issue for me is stopping Trump.  Because if Trump's the nominee,  Hillary's the next President and the Dems take the Senate.

Are you ever going to tell me what was so "ridiculous" about what Coulter said about Trump in the OP?

Sorry to try and stay on topic but I'm still wondering about it.  If you're here to discuss things, you can at least explain your thoughts that actually pertain to the thread, right?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 08:01:15 pm by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2016, 09:22:19 pm »

"Right now the big issue for me is stopping Trump."

Okay.  You present yourself as a person of intellect - and you say your big issue is to stop Trump.........................

How is what you are doing "stopping Trump"?  Oh, that's right - you are trying to appeal to those "rational" people that like Trump.  If they are "rational" to start with - and they support Trump - that negates what you've said about his supporters, that they're anti-intellectual...blah,blah,blah. 

You can't have it both ways, so if your tactics are not succeeding (who have you influenced to change?) - a person of just average intellect would have to think, "maybe what I'm doing isn't working".  Have you been able to cite any positive results stemming from your insults and smears?

If trying to stop Trump is your goal, I'll repeat - you're failing miserably.

Don't quit your day job.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2016, 09:27:39 pm »

How are you gonna stop this?:

My, my, somebody is awfully full of himself.

Offline flowers

« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2016, 09:32:37 pm »

Wow....

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2016, 09:34:26 pm »

"Right now the big issue for me is stopping Trump."

Okay.  You present yourself as a person of intellect - and you say your big issue is to stop Trump.........................

How is what you are doing "stopping Trump"?  Oh, that's right - you are trying to appeal to those "rational" people that like Trump.  If they are "rational" to start with - and they support Trump - that negates what you've said about his supporters, that they're anti-intellectual...blah,blah,blah. 

You can't have it both ways, so if your tactics are not succeeding (who have you influenced to change?) - a person of just average intellect would have to think, "maybe what I'm doing isn't working".  Have you been able to cite any positive results stemming from your insults and smears?

Don't quit your day job.

LOL!

Anyone that seeks to make a bona fide effort to "stop Trump" is wasting their time posting here!!  The few dozen active readers/posters here don't come close to nearing a rounding error in the national electoral math.  That time would be better spent making a rational and reasoned case in a much larger pond!   :silly:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2016, 09:34:46 pm »
Something about the pot and the kettle?

????????????????
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2016, 09:36:12 pm »

That's an awful lot of idiots in one place!

***cool cat***

Offline musiclady

« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2016, 09:38:29 pm »
Well, nothing's a done deal yet and the convention is still at least six months, so I'm trying to remain hopeful. :/

True enough.

It comes in waves.  Sometimes I'm optimistic that people will wake up, and then I think we're doomed.

This was such a good opportunity to get a principled Conservative in the White House, and I pray we don't squander it.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2016, 09:46:26 pm »
That's an awful lot of idiots in one place!

No argument there!   :smokin:

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2016, 09:47:14 pm »

This guy (Scarborough) can't even explain it!

Thursday on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” host Joe Scarborough, weighed in on Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump’s rally in Pensacola, FL, a city of which was in the district that he represented in the U.S. House of Representatives.

Scarborough indicated that it was unprecedented for Pensacola to draw such attendance for a presidential campaign event.

“I was at George W. Bush’s campaign rally in 2004 at the final stages of that unbelievable presidential race in early November,” Scarborough said. “I saw Reagan come to Pensacola twice in 1980.  I saw the crowds. I never saw anything like that in my hometown before. It’s absolutely staggering, here we are — in early January. I’ll be honest with you — I guess seeing it in your own hometown, I don’t get it as far as the size of these crowds go. It’s like nothing I saw with Reagan. It’s like nothing I saw with Bush. It’s nothing I saw with any political candidate what I saw come out of Pensacola last night.”

Later in the segment, Scarborough said he doubted any of Trump’s opponents could draw a crowd close to that of Trump’s crowd.

“I think it’s very safe to say Marco [Rubio] would get 150 people at an event,” Scarborough added. “Sen. Ted Cruz would probably get double — probably get 300-400 people at an event.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/01/14/scarborough-on-trump-pensacola-rally-i-never-saw-anything-like-that-in-my-hometown-before-i-dont-get-it/

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2016, 09:48:30 pm »
This was such a good opportunity to get a principled Conservative in the White House, and I pray we don't squander it.

Ditto... 8888crybaby
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Carling

« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2016, 09:51:30 pm »
No argument there!   :smokin:

Are you going to answer my question that actually pertains to this thread topic?  You know, since you're here to contribute.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2016, 09:51:49 pm »

But I'm having fun!  :seeya:

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2016, 10:08:54 pm »
But I'm having fun!  :seeya:

Trolling is fun, if you're a troll.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2016, 10:24:18 pm »
Are you ever going to tell me what was so "ridiculous" about what Coulter said about Trump in the OP?

Sorry to try and stay on topic but I'm still wondering about it.  If you're here to discuss things, you can at least explain your thoughts that actually pertain to the thread, right?

I will. Trump ain't Jesus. He ain't "the last best hope of mankind." He ain't even Luke Skywalker.

Thousand years of darkness, my ass. Either she has a horrendously low opinion of people (she does) or her serial Daddy issues are running her mouth again (they are).
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline flowers

« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2016, 10:29:39 pm »
Trolling is fun, if you're a troll.
If?....... :pondering:    :smokin:

Offline Carling

« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2016, 10:32:57 pm »
I will. Trump ain't Jesus. He ain't "the last best hope of mankind." He ain't even Luke Skywalker.

Thousand years of darkness, my ass. Either she has a horrendously low opinion of people (she does) or her serial Daddy issues are running her mouth again (they are).

We must be reading different articles but nowhere does she compare Trump to Jesus.  She got called divisive and bizarrely said Jesus was divisive as well, but it wasn't directed at Trump.

So again, what exactly did she say about Trump that is so outrageous?

Offline flowers

« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2016, 10:43:34 pm »

So again, what exactly did she say about Trump that is so outrageous?

“We are talking about the future of not only of America but of the last genuinely Christian country on earth and thus the world,” she said. “If we lose America, it is lights out for the entire world for a thousand years.”

Coulter explained that God has a role in lifting up Trump’s candidacy: “It is like the fall of Rome but, thank God, and I am not using the Lord’s name in vain, I mean that absolutely literally, thank God for raising up Donald Trump and giving us a chance to save the country.”

She has done the major no-no...........................she thinks Donald could save this country.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 11:05:16 pm by flowers »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2016, 11:02:32 pm »

He can pack them in, I will admit that. That large of a crowd must mean he is right. I mean, look at this, if this doesn't scream people believe he is right on the issues.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2016, 11:06:46 pm »
Great post.

This is promising to be the saddest election in history.

We had the potential to nominate someone top-notch, who knew the Constitution, held strong Conservative values, and lived by principles.

What are we getting instead??

Another pathetic puerile narcissist who calls people who disagree with him names.  After eight years of this garbage, we're begging for more??

The saddest year, and an unrivaled blown opportunity to actually make America great again............

Thank you. I feel like hitting my head against the wall more and more as pop culture trumps (no pun intended) Conservatism. We've complained so long about compromising this and that because of the GOPe but this election, it seems people are compromising almost all their beliefs because they think they are opposing the GOPe. It has become the game, not the principle.

I know I am facing a tidal wave of disagreement, but I don't change what I believe simply because it isn't popular.