Author Topic: Ann Coulter: God Raised Up Trump To Save Us From 1,000 Years Of Darkness  (Read 10457 times)

Offline Carling

Re: Ann Coulter: God Raised Up Trump To Save Us From 1,000 Years Of Darkness
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2016, 06:14:42 pm »
That pretty much describes it, the circus it is going on, and how all this is being played. I wonder how long before they have a children's chorus singing mmm mmm mmmm and Roman columns too.  Maybe bring in Kanye West while we are at it.

What baffles me is how the self-proclaimed adult GOPe candidates and voters can't see what is happening right in front of their eyes.  The more you mock and patronize the angry GOP voters supporting Trump and Cruz, the more you permanently drive them away.  I know I feel that way.  Saying I'm less of an adult because I'm sick of the GOPe lies and false promises doesn't make my opinion go away.  Rather, it cements it and confirms my change of mind.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 06:15:39 pm by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Carling

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2016, 06:17:34 pm »
Well, I guess it's that if somebody that likes Trump says something that the media can make fun of - it taints every Trump supporter's intellect. 

This is how desperate they are, having to resort to playground tactics. 

Everyone knows that Coulter throws Molotov Cocktails - it's how she sells books and stays in the news.  But, because she says something that is extreme - we ALL must feel that way. 

It's to distract us from talking about the important stuff.

What if Coulter really does believe that God has a hand in selecting Trump?  It's odd seeing so-called conservatives bash a Christian for her beliefs.  I don't agree with her, but it's hardly outrageous unless you are in some part mocking her faith.  Reading what she said, I don't even find it to be newsworthy unless it's about bashing religion.  Seems more like a leftist line of attack to me.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 06:20:29 pm by Carling »

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2016, 06:20:28 pm »
It isn't 'guilt by association' if the person is specifically put in a position by another. Guilt by association implies indirect connections, not direct. In this case, Trump puts Coulter in the role of opening for him at his rallies, that is direct judgement of the person to represent him. That can't be called 'guilt by association' any more than dismissing that same charge when a President appoints a bad judge.

Yeah it is. Trying to defend it is absurd. You attempting to hold Trump accountable for Coulter's action. Just nonsense and you know it.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2016, 06:22:32 pm »
What baffles me is how the self-proclaimed adult GOPe candidates and voters can't see what is happening right in front of their eyes.  The more you mock and patronize the angry GOP voters supporting Trump and Cruz, the more you permanently drive them away.  I know I feel that way.  Saying I'm less of an adult because I'm sick of the GOPe lies and false promises doesn't make my opinion go away.  Rather, it cements it and confirms my change of mind.

I am not mocking you or voters but Trump and how he is running this circus. Every voter has a different reason for their support (and don't throw Cruz in that as he is on my short list and isn't playing this like a pop culture circus).

I said early on and repeated it early and often that Trump would turn this into a circus about him and not about Conservative issues. In a year where a real Conservative Statesman could have stepped up and championed real Conservative values, instead we get a phony, liberal showman playing marketing planned lines to fire up whatever group is in front of him.  We've traded values for bumper stickers.

"The only way to "make America great again" is to shrink the size and scope of our government...without this, it's merely a bumper sticker."

Offline Carling

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2016, 06:23:05 pm »
Yeah it is. Trying to defend it is absurd. You attempting to hold Trump accountable for Coulter's action. Just nonsense and you know it.

I'm not a man of faith, but I really don't see what Coulter said as being at all noteworthy.

She believes that the God she believes in has a part of Trump as a possible leader.  When did that become worthy of attack from "conservatives?"

I really do wonder this.  Anyone attacking her care to explain this to me?

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2016, 06:25:29 pm »

I'm holding him responsible for choosing to hire her knowing this. Or as someone above said, making her his 'flava flav'.

Offline Carling

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2016, 06:28:39 pm »
I am not mocking you or voters but Trump and how he is running this circus. Every voter has a different reason for their support (and don't throw Cruz in that as he is on my short list and isn't playing this like a pop culture circus).

I said early on and repeated it early and often that Trump would turn this into a circus about him and not about Conservative issues. In a year where a real Conservative Statesman could have stepped up and championed real Conservative values, instead we get a phony, liberal showman playing marketing planned lines to fire up whatever group is in front of him.  We've traded values for bumper stickers.

"The only way to "make America great again" is to shrink the size and scope of our government...without this, it's merely a bumper sticker."

The problem is that the only "serious" candidate who can raise conservative issues and be believed, Ted Cruz, is just as despised by the establishment GOP as much as they despise Trump.

I don't believe a word coming out of Rubio's or Bush's mouth when they tack to the right.

Rubio has Gang of Eight and Bush has his "love" of amnesty.

So in stepped the Outrageous Outsider Trump to fill the power vacuum, and here we are.  I find it a fascinating and fundamentally changing moment in US political history.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 06:29:57 pm by Carling »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2016, 06:36:53 pm »
I hardly see Coulter's opinions as having any credibility. Comment was made that Trump puts her on a pedestal ... well ... to each his own opinion. He also stated that he felt Hillary would do a good job as president because she surrounds herself with good people.  He's lacking in some serious judgement on both.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2016, 06:39:30 pm »

Great post.

This is promising to be the saddest election in history.

We had the potential to nominate someone top-notch, who knew the Constitution, held strong Conservative values, and lived by principles.

What are we getting instead??

Another pathetic puerile narcissist who calls people who disagree with him names.  After eight years of this garbage, we're begging for more??

The saddest year, and an unrivaled blown opportunity to actually make America great again............
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2016, 06:39:49 pm »
I'm not a man of faith, but I really don't see what Coulter said as being at all noteworthy.

She believes that the God she believes in has a part of Trump as a possible leader.  When did that become worthy of attack from "conservatives?"

I really do wonder this.  Anyone attacking her care to explain this to me?

I agree with you Carling.  What I said was, "if somebody that likes Trump says something that the media can make fun of" - anything that smacks of Christian faith will be mocked and ridiculed by the media - and apparently, a lot of conservatives too. 

Coulter is famous for making provocative comments - it doesn't mean what she says is false, she just blows it up to where the media will cover it.  Some things she says are off the wall - but I'll join you out on that limb Carling.

I've been praying for the last seven years for God to send us someone to lead us out of the wilderness.  Now, here comes Donald Trump - throwing this sorry establishment on it's ear and they don't like it one bit.  It would appear that maybe my prayers have been answered and if people want to mock me for that belief - have at it.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2016, 06:40:49 pm »
I hardly see Coulter's opinions as having any credibility. Comment was made that Trump puts her on a pedestal ... well ... to each his own opinion. He also stated that he felt Hillary would do a good job as president because she surrounds herself with good people.  He's lacking in some serious judgement on both.

And if he thinks Hillary would be a good President, what kind of President are we supposed to believe HE would be??

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Carling

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2016, 06:44:27 pm »
And if he thinks Hillary would be a good President, what kind of President are we supposed to believe HE would be??

McCain said Obama would be a good president that we shouldn't be afraid of even as he was supposedly trying to beat him.  I remember this because I was dumb enough and blinded by party loyalty to try and defend it on TOS.  Did McCain's praise of Obama upset you when it happened during a debate, and not years before running against him?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 06:46:45 pm by Carling »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2016, 07:03:42 pm »
McCain said Obama would be a good president that we shouldn't be afraid of even as he was supposedly trying to beat him.  I remember this because I was dumb enough and blinded by party loyalty to try and defend it on TOS.  Did McCain's praise of Obama upset you when it happened during a debate, and not years before running against him?

I hated John McCain.

And I never defended his treacherous statement about Obama any more than I would defend Trump's treacherous statement about Hillary.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 07:05:42 pm by musiclady »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2016, 07:08:43 pm »
Great post.

We had the potential to nominate someone top-notch, who knew the Constitution, held strong Conservative values, and lived by principles.

Another pathetic puerile narcissist who calls people who disagree with him names.  After eight years of this garbage, we're begging for more??

The saddest year, and an unrivaled blown opportunity to actually make America great again............

That's exactly how I feel, musiclady.  And what's saddest is to see supposedly intelligent people falling for style over substance.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Carling

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2016, 07:11:58 pm »
That's exactly how I feel, musiclady.  And what's saddest is to see supposedly intelligent people falling for style over substance.

Wait, who has substance? 

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2016, 07:12:42 pm »

Well, nothing's a done deal yet and the convention is still at least six months, so I'm trying to remain hopeful. :/
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2016, 07:15:21 pm »

Tired of this crap, dude. You are right up against the line. Understand?

If you don't have anything nice to say about me, try saying nothing at all.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2016, 07:18:22 pm »

I don't think the goal is to convert the Trump-pets.   They've made up their minds.  And you're right, mocking them just makes 'em more stubborn.   The goal is to lead other, more reasonable people away from Trump and toward one of the other qualified, principled conservative candidates.   And one way to do that is make clear that Trump is an embarrassment who is beyond the pale.   Go ahead and challenge the "GOPe" - but do so by supporting Cruz or Fiorina, not Trump.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 07:18:54 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline Carling

« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2016, 07:18:23 pm »
Back on topic here, I'm still wondering why anyone on the right would find Coulter's words in the OP to be worth mocking.

Anyone?  Li'l help?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 07:18:54 pm by Carling »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2016, 07:19:48 pm »
It is possible to disagree with someone without insulting their intelligence or engaging in namecalling. This is not an echo chamber and we appreciate discussion, but if we're going to disagree, how about we try to remain civil, m'kay?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2016, 07:21:02 pm »
Back on topic here, I'm still wondering why anyone on the right would find Coulter's words in the OP to be worth mocking.

Anyone?  Li'l help?

Because they're ridiculous?   Because it's an embarassment to see Coulter in full thrall to Trump's cult of personality, even to the point of claiming the man's a messiah?   

Offline Carling

« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2016, 07:22:31 pm »
I don't think the goal is to convert the Trump-pets.   They've made up their minds.  And you're right, mocking them just makes 'em more stubborn.   The goal is to lead other, more reasonable people away from Trump and toward one of the other qualified, principled conservative candidates.   And one way to do that is make clear that Trump is an embarrassment who is beyond the pale.   Go ahead and challenge the "GOPe" - but do so by supporting Cruz or Fiorina, not Trump.

What the establishment GOP still fails to recognize is that Trump isn't the cause of this, he's the result of the failures of the Republican Party.  I find it funny that the side that calls itself "intelligent" still can't figure it out and instead continue to believe that their message isn't being heard.  It's been heard, digested, and what you see now is the result of it.

It's the GOP  voters' break-up version of "it's not me, it's you."
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 07:23:26 pm by Carling »

Offline Carling

« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2016, 07:26:03 pm »
Because they're ridiculous?   Because it's an embarassment to see Coulter in full thrall to Trump's cult of personality, even to the point of claiming the man's a messiah?

What is ridiculous about them, other than mocking her faith?  alicewonders said the same thing in this thread.  Is her belief that God has a hand in this "ridiculous," too?

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2016, 07:28:37 pm »
Tired of this crap, dude. You are right up against the line. Understand?

If you don't have anything nice to say about me, try saying nothing at all.

Sadly, we must expect more of this hateful insulting rhetoric as the election progresses.  We are admonished to back a "principled conservative" by this guy - but who is he supporting now?  Kasich.  Why not Ted Cruz? 

I mean, seriously.

He doesn't participate in any of the threads that are critical of Hillary or Obama - he doesn't participate in anything other than to spout his insulting comments on Trump.  It's Trump 24/7 with him and nothing else.  He acts solely as an instigator - and then when he has whipped strife up to a frenzy - he backs off and claims to be the victim.

Sound familiar?

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2016, 07:30:12 pm »

Another pathetic puerile narcissist who calls people who disagree with him names.

Something about the pot and the kettle?